FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for your advice, I was getting dissilusioned with the Assistant Feedback filter too.

Everyone else, as for Mike Phelan, who keeps him? And who replaces him? If you replace him, then who with?

that man u bloke who went to real.. cant remember his name. he has awesome stats and world class..

I know who you mean, and will he join from Real at the beginning of the game? Is Phelen OK with being demoted?

I'm pretty sure yeah, he has only been in the job a short while anyway, and i don't think his stats suit being an assman to be honest,

and yes, neri is my assman

Thanks for your advice, I was getting dissilusioned with the Assistant Feedback filter too.

Everyone else, as for Mike Phelan, who keeps him? And who replaces him? If you replace him, then who with?

that man u bloke who went to real.. cant remember his name. he has awesome stats and world class..

I re-signed Phelan as a coach and got Valter Di Salvo from R.Madrid as my new ass man.

He doesnt want to discuss terms but if you offer him 25k+ he will accept.

OK, but what if the assistant then says that "The cross are poor today"?

Also what training is best to use, and is Mike Phelan any good as an assistant?

If he says that you shouldn't necessarily reduce width. Play wide, but have your wingers cross mixed or even rarely and don't cross from the byline. Make sure to give them longer passing so they're more inclined to hit a low pass to someone in front of the goal. You might want to alter one of your striker's mentality so he hangs back a bit, around the box rather than in it, so your wingers can play the ball to him. Another option is to cross rarely mixed with a lower mentality for wingers with good dribbling (which you have at your disposal), so they're more likely to cut inside.

Anybody had any luck teaching a PPM?

Tried teaching Welbeck to "beat offside trap" as i thought it would work well with his pace, however he refuses to learn it.

Please could somebody reccommend me some that they have had experience in there games with, and work.

Thanks

I've managed to teach Welbeck "round the goalkeeper", Tevez to place his shots, Vidic to adopt a simple passing game and O'Shea to stop dwelling on the ball (woooohooooow, if someone could teach him in real life). Really wanted to stop Rooney and Scholes from diving into tackles, but they wouldn't, which is realistic enough. It's too much in their nature to do so. Try to experiment a bit.

My assistant manager is now Valdir de Moraes. He is solid looking but had to wait a season to sign him.

20 Goalkeeping coach (that what he training for me)

20 Man managerment

18 Mental/Determination/Judging ability&Potential

17 Techanical/Working with youngstrtd

16 Motivation/Discipline

15 tactical knowledge (not important, all teams use my tactic.)

Seems to be doing a good job in these first few games i had him - edit: only problem is his 77 year old brazilian :D

Has anyone gotten rid of Neville as their captain?

He's coming to the end of his career and i've phased him out of my team to the extent that he's lucky to get in the squad for League Cup games. I'm in my second season and Simpson, Rafael and Brown are well ahead of him with Simpson a welcome surprise in the game. Trained him up to cover left full aswell and as a result O'Shea was swiftly shown the door!!!

But back to my question, has anyone replaced Neville as Captain? If so, what effect has it had on team morale, what reaction did you get off your players and also who did you's put in as the new Club Captain.

I'm leaning towards Rio mainly cause he's simply the most obvious candidate and he's going to be the actual captain of Manchester United sooner rather than later. Also, i'm thinking of making one of the young stars Ronaldo or Rooney my vice-captain, anyone any advice on whether i should do that or not? Will it lead to an increase in their mental stats such as influence as a result of being given extra responsibility??

He's coming to the end of his career and i've phased him out of my team to the extent that he's lucky to get in the squad for League Cup games. I'm in my second season and Simpson, Rafael and Brown are well ahead of him with Simpson a welcome surprise in the game. Trained him up to cover left full aswell and as a result O'Shea was swiftly shown the door!!!

But back to my question, has anyone replaced Neville as Captain? If so, what effect has it had on team morale, what reaction did you get off your players and also who did you's put in as the new Club Captain.

I'm leaning towards Rio mainly cause he's simply the most obvious candidate and he's going to be the actual captain of Manchester United sooner rather than later. Also, i'm thinking of making one of the young stars Ronaldo or Rooney my vice-captain, anyone any advice on whether i should do that or not? Will it lead to an increase in their mental stats such as influence as a result of being given extra responsibility??

I made Rio my captain first season and they responded all very well, i removed Giggs as vic as well with van der Vaart.

They needed a game against Peterborough in the League Cup to get used to the change (won 1:0 with full strength team) but since then other than my strikers (a common problem with United's strikers on this game) everyone has done really well :D

well I have got rio as mine with rooney as vice. lost of attacking players were happy about the vice choice.

a good captain has to have high influence to start with. i dont know if selecting as captain has a change on this, but it must be good to begin with.

What exactly does the influence attribute reflect? The influence over the team or the influence they'll have in matches??

Rberbe did you make those changes in the first season?

and Lucaldo, how did you're players respond to a new player in your squad being make vice-captain??

i made them in the first season. as i am using neville and giggs as back ups.. and lots of players were happy with the choices. some sade glad rio was captain. some rooney as vice captain.

i would presume its a bit of both tbh.. but im not sure

What exactly does the influence attribute reflect? The influence over the team or the influence they'll have in matches??

Rberbe did you make those changes in the first season?

and Lucaldo, how did you're players respond to a new player in your squad being make vice-captain??

van der sar was very pleased and the other didn't really seem bothered but it hasn't to bad an effect when he's been captain

I've kept Gary as captain and like i said earlier he's been putting in some great performances and scoring a couple of goals in the opening 10 games.

Giggs is still my vice-captain, i don't think i'll perma-changed them untill probably the 3rd season.

Yeah, Giggs edges ahead of Giovinco. Perhaps its just the old romantic in me but i can't bring myself ot owt the old gaurd. He's still mixing in with assists and the odd goal, his AVR is amoungst the top 5 in my squad.

It's the same with Neville though, he's playing so well i can't drop either. Perhaps come Febuary/March when the demand of so many games takes its toll they might suffer and fall out of a starting slot.

Ramires looks better, but I'd have thought you could buy better than either of those if you're really going to sell.

I need a youngster who won't be demanding to play all the time. Because there's no way they're getting past Veloso.

i have rossi berba teves and rooney in my strike force, i have just complete my first season and started the second and the strikers have hardley been scoring for me in the 08/09 season berba scored 5 ( was out for the last 6 months) in the league rooney got 13 and tevez got 4(out for 6 months) although 2 were out for so long still should score some more and now im 8 games in to the season they are all struggling? how can i get the best out of them?

Well I bought the game today and have started my Man Utd save. Not looking to buy much, maybe a winger and/or a ST but I only have £10m so it'll be difficult to find suitable replacements. BTW 3D is now working \o/

You can sell Fletcher to Man City for 40m and get your budget up to 50m :)

i got the same problem...very little scoring per game...mostly draws...i am frustrated...

If u got any recommendations - please share. what tactics u using?

For the time being i'm using my own formation, I have scored bucketloads in total (over 30 in Jan), its just when teams shut up the game I really struggle, just go wide, slow, counter, high creativity, and free roles on wingers.

Fiddling with the strikers at the moment to try and get their interplay right, used the TT&F thread, but the FCa gets none of the ball at all and subsequently gets low 6s, whereas the FCd gets lots of ball, and is usually the goal scorer, may drop the FCa back to the same settings as the FCd. Going to buy aguero soon as he's just been given a contract with a 30mill release clause which is too good to refuse ;), just trying to get the most possible for manucho and park in the time being:cool:. I'll post in here if i make a tactical breakthrough though.

Has anyone managed to combat the high loan repayments yet ?

currently in 1st season top of the league with 7 games to go and 3 points clear BUT just gone into the red and losing approx 8m per month. Been trying to get a rich affiliated club but no joy atm

going to cry if i get docked 9 pts :(

Has anyone managed to combat the high loan repayments yet ?

currently in 1st season top of the league with 7 games to go and 3 points clear BUT just gone into the red and losing approx 8m per month. Been trying to get a rich affiliated club but no joy atm

going to cry if i get docked 9 pts :(

Is this a result of fiddling the transfer budgets?

I purposely didn't do that in the full game, only on the demo to keep it interesting

Sacked Assistant Manager, at begining of game, and cant get anyone to take the Job, Ho Hum....

Sold Fletcher for £40m, has anyone managed to get more, City bought Him, but did take a blimin age to pay, almost lost out on transfer targets whilst waiting for money!

Sacked Assistant Manager, at begining of game, and cant get anyone to take the Job, Ho Hum....

Sold Fletcher for £40m, has anyone managed to get more, City bought Him, but did take a blimin age to pay, almost lost out on transfer targets whilst waiting for money!

I got £56m for him. I offered him to clubs for that amount and they came straight in with all the cash up front. Wish i'd tried for more to be honest!

Well I bought the game today and have started my Man Utd save. Not looking to buy much, maybe a winger and/or a ST but I only have £10m so it'll be difficult to find suitable replacements. BTW 3D is now working \o/
I thought you already had the game and you're in your second season? Or did you break the disc after that City result?

Ok, I've got a question which applies to everyone. Would you ever consider resigning of Manchester United in order to new challenges, whether it's with the National team, or over on the continent??

I took the job at barca once only as done everything poss with utd on regular basis (even then i run the game over 2 saves :D ). Have also been utd and eng boss but tbh if i want to play a new team i always start a new game its just too tough to leave utd

no, i start a new game if i want to do something else, i like gettin stuck into the game until it dies out through lack of players, which hopefully won't happen on this incarnation, but we'll see

i would reccomend not taking on a national job at the same time as it complicates things, and you miss squad deadlines, i may do a national save soon though

I took the job at barca once only as done everything poss with utd on regular basis (even then i run the game over 2 saves :D ). Have also been utd and eng boss but tbh if i want to play a new team i always start a new game its just too tough to leave utd

I can imagine! I think if I ever do leave United, it'd be over 2 saves haha!!

I've taken over Liverpool as the most time winners of the League, just won my 3rd title in as many seasons with 8 games left to play. Won the European Cup in both seasons so far, FA cup too.

I was thinking, maybe if I'm fortunate enough to beat Real Madrid's record of 9 European Cups, say, I get to 10/11 or 12, I may leave to move abroad...

ok guys, im am losing $$ every month, hardly making profit....what am i doing wrong?

What did you do in the transfer window ?

Im losing about £8m a month due to loans etc. I think you need especially 1st season is sell some of the players for silly money like others have done but dont spend too much.

Im assuming once the season is over and you do well you should be able to pick up some good feeder clubs thats up your merchedising which could off balance the loans

Archived