Closing down: Always

Tackling: -

Show on to foot: Weaker

ST (strong)

Tight Marking: Never

Closing down: Always

Tackling: -

Show on to foot: Weaker

This is a work in progress and if anyone can get the lopsided thing to work I'll be forever in their debt, but give it a fair crack of the whip if you're going to try it. Please dont post back saying "I lost my first three games, Arsenal, Wigan and Barcelona this is rubbish". If you can suggest improvements in attack or defence then post back here, because im hardly a tactical guru.

I'll give this a go Dion and give you my feedback. Just one thing from first observations though, should those OI above for the strikers not be the other way around? I.E Never tight mark a fast striker so you give yourself a yard of space to compensate for their pace?

Having just entered my 6th season as manager of Manchester United, and having won the following:

honoursof9.th.jpg

honours2zh4.th.jpg

I am considering resigning at the end of the season (2013/2014) and seek a new challenge, maybe in Spain or even to a lower league club. Sounds crazy I know, but having won everything possible including the League and Champions League every season, there's not really many places I can take the club forward. The only thing left is trying to beat Real Madrid's record of 9 Champions League - I'm currently at 8 with United.

What do you guys think about this?

how about whole season unbeaten?

not letting 1 goal in?

selling all the best players and using under 21s only?

Right, seriously getting peeved off now. Ive been playing a network game vs my flatmate who plays as Liverscum - and im losing badly. Now i can quite happily accept losing especially if its my fault but his team just beat mine 6-1 and on paper mine is significantly better. Ive been watching his matches and his team play really good attacking football, so much so that i decided to take a peek at his tactics and see where I'M going wrong....

Now this is what really pi44es me off - he hasnt even heard of the TT&F document. he has HUGE mentality gaps all over his team, an attacking mentality but a deep d/line etc etc.

SO, whilst ive spent countless hours reading all the Tactical bibles known to man and even more hours trying to implement them, my semi-******** mate has just given me a complete hiding both in league position and individual matches by knowing nothing. (He's 7 points clear at the top now)

My question to all of you, am i wasting my time here? Even when i think i have finally got it right it still all goes to pot next game!

Think im gonna just do what my mate has done and use all the pre-set individual roles in the tactics menu. Sod the gaps between midfield/defence etc, it obviously makes not a jot of difference.

Rant over. ;-)

how about whole season unbeaten?

not letting 1 goal in?

selling all the best players and using under 21s only?

Already done the unbeaten season. Went 2 seasons in a row undefeated and in fact well over 100 league games undefeated before succumbing at Chelsea, the being beaten 3-2 (if memory serves me correct) at Hull! The season just passed I went undefeated too.

I've sold Ronaldo but the likes of Rafinha, Diarra, and Veloso have been with me since the start, Rooney's my Captain and I have great young players such as Anderson, Wilshere, Douglas Costa, Micah Richards, Gerson, Bale, Rafael, Walcott and Bostock - in fact, my whole squad! I could never sell them!!

One thing I would do, if I do eventually leave, and I think every manager does it, is sign a number of these players (only If i move abroad)!

Already done the unbeaten season. Went 2 seasons in a row undefeated and in fact well over 100 league games undefeated before succumbing at Chelsea, the being beaten 3-2 (if memory serves me correct) at Hull! The season just passed I went undefeated too.

I've sold Ronaldo but the likes of Rafinha, Diarra, and Veloso have been with me since the start, Rooney's my Captain and I have great young players such as Anderson, Wilshere, Douglas Costa, Micah Richards, Gerson, Bale, Rafael, Walcott and Bostock - in fact, my whole squad! I could never sell them!!

One thing I would do, if I do eventually leave, and I think every manager does it, is sign a number of these players (only If i move abroad)!

Since you are doing so well how about sharing your tactics with the good people on this thread?

Would you be kind enough to PM it to me please mate, download link not working. Cheers in advance, i'll give you my feedback.

No worries, of course I will. I'm at work at the moment (although you'd never believe it haha!)

I'll PM you once I'm home tonight.

By the sounds of other's feedback, the tactic didn't quite work out for them! Make sure you're prepared for the unexpected!

Already uploaded them mate. Check out page 8 or 9 (I think!!)
No worries, of course I will. I'm at work at the moment (although you'd never believe it haha!)

I'll PM you once I'm home tonight.

By the sounds of other's feedback, the tactic didn't quite work out for them! Make sure you're prepared for the unexpected!

Mate, ive created countless numbers of my own tactics and just when i think ive cracked it, it all goes Pete Tong. Im at the stage where im willing to try anything now as its getting a bit ridiculous....:-(

because of the massive debt, every month about 7 mill is payed out into thin air. i only just made it through the first season in the black :) im now down to losing 5 mill every month as i fill the stadium just about with the extra 16000 seats you get. basically to survive ive found you have to develop talent from an early age and sell it to make money to stay in the banks good books.

Also coming upto jan on 2nd season and got to choose type of feeder club so have a commercial one now as well just going to see how much more that reduces each months debt

Mate, ive created countless numbers of my own tactics and just when i think ive cracked it, it all goes Pete Tong. Im at the stage where im willing to try anything now as its getting a bit ridiculous....:-(

Haha I know the feeling!!

With this tactic of mine, Rooney scored an amazing 70+ goals in 1 season, 50 in the League! I had a 14-0 win, an 8-0 win - the jackpot had been hit!

Since then though, Rooney's League goals have been 26, then 15 last season! As long as I win, I don't actually care!

If it's easier, PM me your email address and I'll send it you that way???

Well here is my 2nd mid-season report :thup:

League

The League is going quite well as only lost 1 so happy atm. Getting afew negatives like beat bristol 3-0 and got the message not good enough had it afew times on results as well.

Team

Have'nt made many changes to My Squad but really need to look for a left back to cover Evra as O'Shea does ok but not really good enough for a long injury and Fabio is not ready yet (out on loan).

In the Transfer Market i strengthened my GK position but mainly bought for the future as not wanting to over speand due to the loses each month for the loan repayments. Didnt really have many offers for players that was worth selling for so left it as it was.

Cup Competitions

League Cup Lost to Arsenal 4th round played afew youngsters again but overall happy.

Fa Cup Just entered and have rochdale ;) but wont play too many youngsters just fringe players should be enough.

Super Cup Beat Juventus 4-2 aet but dominated quite alot of the game.

Champions League Won the group quite easily and have Ajax 1st round proper.

Summary

So far things are looking good but i always enjoy 1st half the season i find as the pressure cranks up near the end my strikers decide they no longer want to score which makes for rntertainment :(

Also one thing i am doing more now is using the Oppostions Instructions on matches alot more which seems to be working, I did read a thread elsewhere on the board about it and have been using my assistant managers tips on it which at least makes him of some use :rolleyes:

That was a response to 2BitCharlie mate :p

Anyway as for tactics a flat 442 is the norm with the wingers having fa. Thats what I'm using atm. Also make sure you tweak your tactic based on your opponents, a little change can have a big impact. I also recommend that you read some of the threads in the T&T. They give you a lot of information.

I'm 15 games into the game in all competitions and have just drawn my last 2 games after winning my 1st 13 (I'm using my own tactics). The only problem I'm having is with Ronaldo's goalscoring. He's played the last 8 or 9 games and has scored 3 (2 pens and an open goal). I have him out on the wings and he regularly plays well and gets over 7.0 match rating with a few moms but I can't get him scoring like on the previous games.

Any ideas on how to get him in better scoring opportunities from the wing? I was thinking of getting him to learn a preferred move which might help?

It's about time I started contributing to this thread.

Rejected a 7 million bid for Park from Lyon. They are now offering 8.5 million November first season. I don't really rate Park that much, if at all, but I don't have much cover on the wings. Ronny, Nani, Giggs and that's about it unless Fletcher or Hargy plays there.

Should I sell and buy another winger? Is Tosic any good? The serb we're getting in real life?

I'm 15 games into the game in all competitions and have just drawn my last 2 games after winning my 1st 13 (I'm using my own tactics). The only problem I'm having is with Ronaldo's goalscoring. He's played the last 8 or 9 games and has scored 3 (2 pens and an open goal). I have him out on the wings and he regularly plays well and gets over 7.0 match rating with a few moms but I can't get him scoring like on the previous games.

Any ideas on how to get him in better scoring opportunities from the wing? I was thinking of getting him to learn a preferred move which might help?

I've been having the same problems with Ronaldo. I've been thinking about getting him to learn the ppm of running through the centre with the ball in the hope that would lead him to cutting inside alot more and being more of a threat

I've been having the same problems with Ronaldo. I've been thinking about getting him to learn the ppm of running through the centre with the ball in the hope that would lead him to cutting inside alot more and being more of a threat

Have you tried using him with full CF, a free role and rarely crossing, he seems to play more centrally on the right then, withthe full back overlapping. Keep the width on the lefthand side. Seems to work ok.

Gk - Foster

Dl - Evra

Dr - Hargreaves

Dc - Ferdinand

Dc - Vidic

Mc - Scholes

Mc - Carrick

Rw - Ronaldo

Lw - Rooney

St - Berbatov

St - Henry

Subs: Kuszack, Evans, O'shea, Guthrie, Anderson, Tevez and Welbeck.

Clear at top of prem by 4 points.

Quarter Final of Champs League, v Lyon

Carling Cup, out in fourth round to chelsea :thdn:

Fa Cup, 4th Round v Southampton

World Club Champ, Won final 5-2

Charty sheild, won 3-0 v Pompy, Henry Hattrik.

Signed:

Guthrie (7m from Newcastle)

Henry (13m from Barcelona)

Rodwell (4m from Everton)

Have you tried using him with full CF, a free role and rarely crossing, he seems to play more centrally on the right then, withthe full back overlapping. Keep the width on the lefthand side. Seems to work ok.

I'm pretty much doing that as it is except the crossing isn't on rarely. I also like him to switch between wings although I guess I could sacrifice that. I tried making him the target man with ball into feet and forward runs mixed which gave him alot more of the ball and more shots at goal but meant that he was 60% conditioning after about 70 mins. If only Sir Alex would tell us the secret!

I'm pretty much doing that as it is except the crossing isn't on rarely. I also like him to switch between wings although I guess I could sacrifice that. I tried making him the target man with ball into feet and forward runs mixed which gave him alot more of the ball and more shots at goal but meant that he was 60% conditioning after about 70 mins. If only Sir Alex would tell us the secret!

Worth a try though mate! Yeah if only!!

I tried the switching wings and it seems to work better playing him on once side. Try the no crossing. Also don;t have your frmatin width too high. On any pitch that is a decen width you will be fine anyway, only increase it fr narrow pitches. That way he's not stuck out on the touchline permanently. I have defo noticed a difference by doing this. Try the Band of 2 formation on the TT& F within abotu 13 for width.

Got a really good Brazllian regen, 18 years old, loaned to Antwerp last season but now the board's terminated my feeder club link with them. I've requested a new feeder club but they've rejected it. Any suggestion how I can get this player to get his wp sorted? :(

January 2010 Transfers Pending: Currently In December

Carlos Vela £11.5Mill At Madrid

Pedro Petancor Free Barcelona

Adem Ljajic £1.9mill Partizan

Oscar £3mill Sao Paulo

Jack Wilshire £3.2 mill Arsenal

and now i have no money for transfers left, but i already have too many players, some will be sold in January and some enxt summer

January 2010 Transfers Pending: Currently In December

Carlos Vela £11.5Mill At Madrid

Pedro Petancor Free Barcelona

Adem Ljajic £1.9mill Partizan

Oscar £3mill Sao Paulo

Jack Wilshire £3.2 mill Arsenal

and now i have no money for transfers left, but i already have too many players, some will be sold in January and some enxt summer

How does Adem Ljajic turn out? Have just started my season, so have to wait for him to turn 18.

How are the other 'big three' doing in everyone else's games? I'm currently 2nd, 4 points behind City, with Chelsea and Arsenal in 3rd and 4th, but Liverpool are 13th and only 5 points off safety. Still quite early in the season (mid November), but hopefully this is helping me get Torres a bit easier.

Arsenal are two points behind me, but i have two games in hand.

1st Man Utd P13 Points 37 :)

2nd Arsenal P15 Points 35

Chelsea are third and Liverscum are 5th.

In first season though, Blackburn and Everton were standout performers, Everton missed out on 4th spot by 4 goals or something. And Blackburn finished 3rd! And Liverpool finished 12th :)

@cantona, ill let you know, its 23December, hes almost mine, and scouts have spotted a useful NZ regen, bargain so might try get him

How are the other 'big three' doing in everyone else's games? I'm currently 2nd, 4 points behind City, with Chelsea and Arsenal in 3rd and 4th, but Liverpool are 13th and only 5 points off safety. Still quite early in the season (mid November), but hopefully this is helping me get Torres a bit easier.

We're 1 point clear at the top from Chelsea and 3 clear of Arsenal/Liverpool. That will change though as we have the Club World coming up.

Is it even possible to stop Ronaldo scoring? I just give him normal winger tactics and he still manages to score every game. Just give him a free role and set him off.

Has only scored 2 goals for me but has been very influential.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I was just about to play against Juve in the last CL group game when I realised that I was 3rd in the table and had to win to get through. I had payed the price for playing my 2nd team throughout. Luckily I played my strongest 11 but it was really tense...

12112008190837yf1.th.jpg

It's about time I started contributing to this thread.

Rejected a 7 million bid for Park from Lyon. They are now offering 8.5 million November first season. I don't really rate Park that much, if at all, but I don't have much cover on the wings. Ronny, Nani, Giggs and that's about it unless Fletcher or Hargy plays there.

Should I sell and buy another winger? Is Tosic any good? The serb we're getting in real life?

If they really want him then you could get at least £10m for him, especially if he's been playing. Reject their offer and say it isn't good enough and they should come back with more. Not sure about Tosic in the game. You probably will have lost the chance to get Marcelo when he was transfer listed at the start - I recommend him highly.
Anyway I was just about to play against Juve in the last CL group game when I realised that I was 3rd in the table and had to win to get through. I had payed the price for playing my 2nd team throughout. Luckily I played my strongest 11 but it was really tense...

12112008190837yf1.th.jpg

Lucky b@stard ;) That group was a bit like Utd's in 1999 with three very strong teams and one crap one.

I hate my first round (knockout) of champs league. 1st season i got Barcelona ffs, and this year i got inter. I played Inter in the quarters last year too, 5-0 on aggregate :) won 4-0 at home

oh yeh and vela, i played him as a sub, he came on for robinho, lasted about 3 minutes before recieving an injury which has effectively put him out for the rest of the season. he might be back for the last couple of league games...maybe

does it work in ur game? i tried Addee's tactics, but just doesnt work 4me...

Not quite, played 10 games so far, lost to Sunderland 1-2 away, Arsenal 1-3 home :(. But had an interesting game against Chelsea, they were leading 0-3 at half time and managed to beat them 5-4. :D

Omg Thank you

A player with such a high PA and for so cheap :p

Yeah, has a very good PA from what I gathered on a Spurs game. Great price. Let us know how he gets on :thup:
I put it down to my fantastic managing skills tbh.

I got the news item saying how I inspired the team to win with my team talk \o/

Fantastic managing skills is more like this where you put out a complete reserve team in a tough away game and win the group:

12122008011122ws9.th.jpg

13 points from 5 games after that and I've played at least a half reserve team in all games. And Rooney finally bloody scored!

And the reason I love Carlos Tevez:

12122008011617je4.th.jpg

Which puts me 1 point behind City after 15 games, who are 1st :S

Archived