FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

WOW thats quite a failing strikeforce! You would think their quality would eventually show through. I guess u just gotta hold out and they will come good

Tell me about it... Getting very frustrating, especially our inability to hold onto the 1-0 lead and for the past couple of games have conceded in the last 10 minutes against Palace and Derby to finish up 1-1. I got fed up with it last night but will try something new tonight...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January Transfer Window Update

Overview

12162008123622bp1.th.jpg

League table

12162008124330us0.th.jpg

Transfers

Loans Out

Park - Sampdoria. £1.1m, 100% wages and £4.5m future fee.

Petrucci - Aberdeen, until end of season.

Possebon - Aberdeen, until end of season.

Welbeck - Aberdeen, until end of season.

Finally got rid of Park and the three that went out on loan can all be recalled if I'm desperate.

I also got San Jose Earthquakes as a merchandising feeder club. The other options were a couple of Norweigan clubs and another European team I think.

Conclusions

Doing quite well considering a lot of people hadn't settled in fully in these first 6 months. Only out of the League Cup as Everton put out a full strength team against my reserves, while the CL and FA Cup are going well - beat Man City and Wigan at home in the FA Cup so far. League could be better, especially in away games having draw 4 of the 11. Chelsea away is coming up in February, so I'll need to do better for that one. I'll see how Rooney gets on at MC, but I don't have a lot of choice upfront with Owen out until the end of May.

Also, the Chelsea game is nicely positioned between the two CL 1st round knockout games against Zenit. Chelsea have got Roma, so hopefully they can knacker them for my game.

OK - i have £74m to spend and I can't get Adebayor, Villa or Torres! Messi wants stupid money and isn't really interested plus Nani n Ronaldo are ace for me!

anyone got any ideas on who i should buy? Is Balotelli a good goal scorer and should i play him up top with Rossi? Rooney is crap

How about Ibrahimovic?

And yeah, Rooney is crap for most people it seems. After being dropped, he came on away to Blackburn only because Berbatov had got a knock and after Ronaldo missed a penalty, he set up Tevez and grabbed a second himself. He'll still be sold if Real Madrid come in with enough money, though.

ronaldo isnt scoring in my game

any advice??

cheers

Normal winger instructions except about 13 for CF, 16 for passing, Mixed FWRs and free role ticked. He's my top scorer. And Rooney isn't so bad for me because I've made him into a proper support striker. He still can't score for ****.

OK - i have £74m to spend and I can't get Adebayor, Villa or Torres! Messi wants stupid money and isn't really interested plus Nani n Ronaldo are ace for me!

anyone got any ideas on who i should buy? Is Balotelli a good goal scorer and should i play him up top with Rossi? Rooney is crap

Try Jozy Altidore from Villarreal. I got him for 5mil in 1st season and he has scored quite regularly for me. Plus he is still young and can improve further. He is described as a wonderkid, so with the right training he can become very very good.

Altidore's not really good enough tbh although I'm unsure how much he improves. Have a look at Aguero btw manxrob. He looks great.

Gra

It looks like you are in the same position as me. I'm 2nd atm with a game in hand but 6 points away from Chelsea. My reserves just got beaten by City in the CC Semi final btw. Should have won easily and had a goal icorrectly ruled out for offside but meh.

Yeah, think Benzema is one of the best quick strikers on the game, especially if you consider his potential too. I might go for him if I really can't get Torres or Villa.

Gra

It looks like you are in the same position as me. I'm 2nd atm with a game in hand but 6 points away from Chelsea. My reserves just got beaten by City in the CC Semi final btw. Should have won easily and had a goal icorrectly ruled out for offside but meh.

Gone back to the top after Chelsea drew 0-0 at home to Arsenal and 1-1 at Liverpool, whilst I beat Wigan (who were 4th when I played them and had a home record of 11-1-1) 3-1 away and Blackburn (in 8th) away 2-0.

Scholes is so injury prone on my game. Only just came back from a 2 month injury and picked up another one for 3 weeks. Anderson's doing pretty well anyway and I've got enough options there, especially if I'm going to try Rooney there too.

I want to replace Berba, i have finished my first season.

He has only scored 6 goals and 7 assists using the Free flowing Arsenal tactic and everyone else seemed to adapt to it fine. Rooney scored an amazing 37 goals and tevez with 22 and ronnie with 24. So that is a pretty good return from my front four.

I would like to replace berba with a powerful and creative striker. He has to amongst world class as i can spend as much as £35-40m on him.

Any thoughts/?

P.S Man Citeh just offered £55m for Fletcher.. haha

Has anyone signed James Vaughan for United i'm in my second season and looking for different type of striker than what we have at the mo...

Rooney 16 games 10 goals 6 assists

Berbatov 16 games 11 goals 2 assists

Tevez 5 games 2 goals 5 assists

Campbell 4 games 1 goal 1 assist

Welbeck 1 game 0 goals 0 assists

looking to get rid of Campbell and try some height up front

Maybe Klaas Jan Huntelaar? or David Villa? as a ST koolkid and Citeh offering £55m is a bit unrealistic imo but fair dues ;)
Neither of them are big brutes to play upfront, though, are they? Huntelaar can be bought quite cheap as Villa were after him in my Jan transfer window that's just gone and he was rumoured to be going for £5m! He's a good option if you're short of money, but Ibrahimovic or Drogba would be some of your best options.

Have anyone tried training Fabio as a left winger? I have seen his stats and they seem quite suited to be more of a midfielder/winger than a left back, will try this experiment once he comes back from Leyton Orient on loan.
Much better as a winger, same for Rafael. I retrained both of them to play MR and took both of them under a few weeks.

Anyone tried Mario Gomez? I got him for 5 Mil plus Park Ji Sung.

I used him as a target man (feed ball to his feet), he scored 23 out of 31 games (25 starts with 6 subs). Not so shabby ;)

Doesn't look that great. Could be a decent TM because of his physical attributes, but I can see why he was such a flop at the Euros now.

My fixture list is a bit tough over the next few games:

Wed 25/2: Zenit, away, CL 1st knockout round 1st leg

Sat 28/2: Ipswich, away, FA Cup 5th round replay (Wright had a superkeeper game in a 0-0 draw)

Wed: 4/3: Chelsea, away, Premiership

Sat: 7/3: Liverpool, home, FA Cup QF - if I beat Ipswich away in the replay

Tue 10/3: Zenit, home, CL 1st knockout round 2nd leg

Argh! Nani cost me the Champions league, the FA cup and a spot in the league cup semi final! All in penalty shootouts! Champ league and FA cup were both against Arsenal (same season) and the league cup against City (the next season). I'm still going to stick with him but one more slip up like that in an important game and.....! lol

Sitting third in the league after 17 games, with City on top and Portsmouth second. (2012/2013)

Rafael's determination has again improved, this time up to 19 and I know now it was because I had Neville tutoring him. Similarly, Asenjo's determination has gone up from 13 to 15 with him being tutored by VDS. Ronaldo tutoring Fabio didn't work quite as well, though, and they now dislike each other :(

Outs:

Tevez

Fletcher

Hargreaves

Park

Kusacack

I'm looking to win everything this year, thoughts on team?

Won't help that you've sold the best striker in the squad.

Tevez the best striker? He's useless for me. He's as fast as Berbatov but worse technically and not nearly as clinical. Berbatov and Rooney are better, especially when played together. Not irl though. Even if I got Tevez playing to the best of his ability he wouldn't be as good as Rooney.

Tevez is clearly my best striker so far (not counting Owen who's been out most of the season) as he's the most consistent. Rooney should be the best but that only happens in patches. However, I'm willing to be proved wrong now that Tevez is injured and I've only got Berbatov and Rooney to put upfront away at Chelsea.

Tezez was by far my best striker in my 2nd season out of him, rooney, berbatov and aguero. Can't understand why people are selling him, Anderson (my best central midfield player in the second season) or Rooney especially after giving them a season at most to play well(tevez was my worst striker the 1st season)
Was Rooney crap for you in the first season as well then? His ratings aren't bad for me and he's my top goalscorer, but should have scored twice as many as he has.

Was Rooney crap for you in the first season as well then? His ratings aren't bad for me and he's my top goalscorer, but should have scored twice as many as he has.

He was pretty good for me in the first season he played most of my games and scored about 20 -25 in the league, I think he was second top scorer in the league behind Adebayor. He wasn't as good in the second season he had a few more injuries and went 12 games without scoring. All my strikers seem to miss chances from blasting it over when they should score.

My fixture list is a bit tough over the next few games:

Wed 25/2: Zenit, away, CL 1st knockout round 1st leg

Sat 28/2: Ipswich, away, FA Cup 5th round replay (Wright had a superkeeper game in a 0-0 draw)

Wed: 4/3: Chelsea, away, Premiership

Sat: 7/3: Liverpool, home, FA Cup QF - if I beat Ipswich away in the replay

Tue 10/3: Zenit, home, CL 1st knockout round 2nd leg

Not tough at all:

Zenit, away: 2-0

Ipswich, away: 3-0

Chelsea, away: 2-1 (6 points clear)

Liverpool, home: 4-2. Playing Bolton in the semis.

Zenit, home: 2-0 with a reserve team. Playing Real Madrid in the quarters.

Easy \o/

I swear to god, if I was to meet Berbatov, Rooney or Tevez on the street one day, I'll f###### smack them around! Complete tossers all of them. Anyone getting them to do their business in front of goal? Tried "everything" with all of them. Sickens me. Had Berba on a deal to Arsenal in november 2009, going for £44.000.000, but the ***** from London had a change of heart. If moaning around was bringing in cash, that ****ing Bulgarian would be richest s.o.b. on this planet.

Archived