FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

does welbeck become anything? even in the first team and playing over 3 years he come's to nothing in my games

Nothing amazing, I think his PA was around the 150/160 mark, i did 4 seasons in a previous game and he never amounted to anything, even with the right training and regular reserve football

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After updating Rafael's stats to the researchers suggestion when i started this game, he has turned out amazing for me! His stats don't even look that impressive, but going into the third season he's had young player of the month 3 times in a row.

Wheres the researchers suggestion about Rafael?

Wheres the researchers suggestion about Rafael?

Originally Posted by Nick OGS20 View Post

Right, like I promised, I've had a tinker with the Brazilian trio and I've got my 'workings' here for anyone who wants to use them. I have to re-affirm that there was a reason I didn't overhaul their stats earlier in the summer and we've discussed exactly why to death, and I'll also say there's no guarantee these will be exactly replicated in future updates as a) I've not exactly had time to really thoroughly go over things as much as I'd like, and b) there's plenty of time for my mind to change on various things.

Rafael

Finishing 7 -> 10

Long Shots 7 -> 8

Marking 7 -> 9

Passing 12 -> 13

Penalties 2 -> 8

Tackling 10 -> 12

Technique 13 -> 14

Aggression 12 -> 14

Bravery 12 -> 14

Composure 10 -> 13

Concentration 10 -> 11

Positioning 6 -> 8

Work Rate 13 -> 15

Injury Proneness 0 -> 3

Jumping 9 -> 11

Stamina 8 -> 10

Strength 9 -> 10

Left Foot 10 -> 12

CA 110 -> 125

PA -8 -> -9

Current Rep -> 120

Add dives into tackles PPM

Fabio

First Touch 12 -> 14

Heading 9 -> 13

Long Shots 10 -> 13

Marking 6 -> 8

Tackling 6 -> 9

Composure 10 -> 11

Positioning 6 -> 7

Work Rate 10 -> 14

Acceleration 14 -> 17

Balance 7 -> 11

Jumping 9 -> 12

Pace 15 -> 17

Left Foot 11 -> 13

CA 89 -> 115

CR -> 105

Rodrigo

Corners 4 -> 12

Finishing 10 -> 12

Free Kicks 3 -> 10

Long Shots 11 -> 14

Marking 8 -> 10

Penalties 5 -> 11

Composure 12 -> 14

Creativity 12 -> 13

Decisions 11 -> 12

Positioning 8 -> 10

Teamwork 11 -> 13

Agility 11 -> 13

CA 101 -> 115

CR 100 -> 115

Rafael really coming on nicely on my game. I've noticed that giving youngsters exposure to the first team does a world of good for their development. I'll post a screenshot at the end of the season.

Anyway I'm exactly at the point of the season as you Gra. Got the international break coming up followed by games against Spurs (A), Roma (H), Chelsea (H) and then Roma (A) again. Really critical stage of the season.

Why are you getting rid of half of a team? That's going to set you back by buying so many new players, not to mention finding good enough players with enough money to replace them.

Age. I'm in 2011/12 so Ferdinand is 32 and rest aren't far behind him. Rather sell them now while I am able to get a bit of money for them. Have £120m Transfer kitty because I haven't brought in many new players so far.

Fair enough. DC = Fazio. DL = Sakho and Chiellini. Both of them can play DC too. Hargreaves and Carrick can still do a job in midfield for a few years yet, but Veloso of course and Toulalan might be quite young still. Torres, Villa, Aguero or Walcott are the best options for a young ST.

I only sell old playters if they haven't done much. An example of this is J.S. Park, I wouldn't offer him a role because he hasn't really done much. But players like Neville, Scholes, Giggs, VDS, Rooney I would, because they had performed for the club well. So basically I wouldn't offer a role to anyone, just people I wouldn't want to lose/I think they deserve it.

-------------------------------------

Guys, I'm playing as Arsenal but I need some help, and that thread hasn't got anyone in it ATM. Could any of you help me please? If so, I'll PM you so we don't have to talk about Arsenal in here, or just post in the Arsenal thread. It's about best lineups, FWIW.

Need quite a few replacements now. 3 DC's as I'm going to get rid of Ferdinand, Vidic & Brown, need 2 DL's to replace O'Shea & Evra, 2 DM's to replace Hargreaves & Carrick and a ST to replace Berbatov.

Thanks for any help!

Fair enough. DC = Fazio. DL = Sakho and Chiellini. Both of them can play DC too. Hargreaves and Carrick can still do a job in midfield for a few years yet, but Veloso of course and Toulalan might be quite young still. Torres, Villa, Aguero or Walcott are the best options for a young ST.

Villa might be a bit old by now, 30 I think? Could probably still do a decent job but might not be worth the funds. Benzema would also be a useful one and maybe check how Balotelli has turned out, I know everyone raves about him, but still worth a look. Raul Albiol from Valencia might be worth a look at, personally I haven't checked him out, but he has been good in the past couple of versions and I don't think that would of changed as he is still thought of quite highly. Criscito can also play DL and DC, his jumping and strength start off a bit questionable for a DC but they might improve as the game goes on, if not he is still a good young candidate for DL.

A few other young DMs perhaps Palombo if City don't already have him and I also like the look of Diarra.

Its the last day of the of the transfer window in my second season, and my squad is virtually the same as at the start, apart from the sale of John O'Shea, and the emergance of Rafael, Fabio and Campbell. Rafael and Foster are now first choice ahead of the ageing Neville and van der Sar, and bearing in mind I won the league by 17 points in my first season, do you think any major improvements are needed? I was thinking about bringing in Lloris from Lyon, but is Ben Foster good enough to be first choice? Also are there any other areas which need strengthening? If so, by who? Thanks in advance.

Could you post a screenie of your squad? Don't really know much about Utd's team on FM TBH.

Foster is very good, and IMO he is good enough to be first choice. But many players are better than him, and weould be better choices. These are likely to be v. expensive, though.

Sergio Asenjo

Vincenzo Fiorillo

Hugo Lloris

Manuel Neuer

Igor Akinfeev

Rene Adler

Steve Mandanda

Like I said, Ben Foster is certainly good enough to play for Man Utd. But there ae better.

Could you post a screenie of your squad? Don't really know much about Utd's team on FM TBH.

Foster is very good, and IMO he is good enough to be first choice. But many players are better than him, and weould be better choices. These are likely to be v. expensive, though.

Sergio Asenjo

Vincenzo Fiorillo

Hugo Lloris

Manuel Neuer

Igor Akinfeev

Rene Adler

Steve Mandanda

Like I said, Ben Foster is certainly good enough to play for Man Utd. But there ae better.

Heres my squad:

24353cm.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, Ive had a bid accepted for Asenjo (7.25m Minimum fee release clause) and am now just waiting to agree personal terms. Kuszczak and Manucho are both on the transfer list, and are the only players I intend to sell. Are there any other areas where the squad could be strengthened? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated =]

Just had an amazing game against Spurs. Was 2-0 up at Half time but they brought on Pavlychencho and he changed the game by scoring a brace. I though it was two points dropped until the last minute of injury time when Rooney popped up to score the winner \o/

Just bought Sakho for £9m and 25% sell on. His price was alot less a month ago but he's worth it. I sold O'Shea for £6.5m too. Also, Inter keep rejecting my bids for Balotelli when just a month ago they would have taken £12m for him. It seems clubs just hike up the price when the transfer window opens.

Just had an amazing game against Spurs. Was 2-0 up at Half time but they brought on Pavlychencho and he changed the game by scoring a brace. I though it was two points dropped until the last minute of injury time when Rooney popped up to score the winner \o/

I just played a great match in the CL 1st KO Round. I lost away at Roma 3-1 in the first leg. The 2nd leg was a beaut, Rio was injured and his replacement, Brown, got sent off 44 seconds into the match. Anderson, Rooney and Ronaldo made it 3-0 before Roma pulled one back to 3-1 on the hour mark. Rooney was my saviour with a short range finish on 85 minutes, 2 goals and 1 assist for him and 4-1 overall.

Thats a good price for Sakho Evon :thup:. He's one of my targets for the summer if I can't prise away Chiellini for a reasonable price.

He does look great and I was going to bid for him, I sold Park to City for 22.5m in Jan but the board only gave me 13m of it, so Sakho was out of reach for me. I bought Criscito from Juve for 7.25m instead.

Just found a regen, a bit wierd considering its only March, but lets see what you guys think:

12222008231857tc4.th.jpg

Gra has already said hes too slow, and I agree with him, but do you guys think hes worth a try for 1.1m and see if his pace can become respectable enough to make use of his good stats?

Hes Spanish, but he has a 2nd nationality of British, but can only speak Spanish and apparently is only eligible to play for Spain :(

Only a few games left of my season. Had the season pretty much wrapped up with 7 games left, but lost to Bolton away 1-0 with a half reserve team. Playing youth for most of my games anyway, but still have Giggs, Anderson, Owen and Berbatov out. Rafael just came back from injury and Tevez got injured in the Bolton match, but him, Giggs and Owen might make the last match of the season.

Wasn't too bothered about the Bolton result at the time, but if I'd won that it would have meant winning the title with this humdinger, including a goal by a certain debutant:

12232008010138nd6.th.jpg

red devils ROCKS!

you can have more money, I sell nani for 30, anderson for 20. Bang!! see u just can count it yourself there since I'm not big fave of lazy nani and underated anderson.

i've been using fletc for 6 months cause carrick injured, it's seems okay. park is very underated too bad i love his play, very energetic never give up never complain.

but the young squad isn't there, not so many talent like say it 3/4 years ago. where are you young lads?

Only a few games left of my season. Had the season pretty much wrapped up with 7 games left, but lost to Bolton away 1-0 with a half reserve team. Playing youth for most of my games anyway, but still have Giggs, Anderson, Owen and Berbatov out. Rafael just came back from injury and Tevez got injured in the Bolton match, but him, Giggs and Owen might make the last match of the season.

Wasn't too bothered about the Bolton result at the time, but if I'd won that it would have meant winning the title with this humdinger, including a goal by a certain debutant:

12232008010138nd6.th.jpg

What tactics you using there mate? Seem to be creating a whole load of clear cut chances!! I usually average about 3 per game but 9 is immense in the PL.

Just found a regen, a bit wierd considering its only March, but lets see what you guys think:

12222008231857tc4.th.jpg

Gra has already said hes too slow, and I agree with him, but do you guys think hes worth a try for 1.1m and see if his pace can become respectable enough to make use of his good stats?

Hes Spanish, but he has a 2nd nationality of British, but can only speak Spanish and apparently is only eligible to play for Spain :(

He's slow sure but by the time he's 18/19 he could have 11 pace and 13 acceleration. Not bad. Just give him very high physical training. By the time he's 22/23 he could have 13/15. Pretty good considering his other stats are amazing. He's 16. For a 16 year old to be that good is rare. Buy him.

red devils ROCKS!

you can have more money, I sell nani for 30, anderson for 20. Bang!! see u just can count it yourself there since I'm not big fave of lazy nani and underated anderson.

i've been using fletc for 6 months cause carrick injured, it's seems okay. park is very underated too bad i love his play, very energetic never give up never complain.

but the young squad isn't there, not so many talent like say it 3/4 years ago. where are you young lads?

A replacement for Nani is going to cost alot more than 30m, especially if you want one better than him, for me he is immense. Anderson for 20m is just bad business.

He's slow sure but by the time he's 18/19 he could have 11 pace and 13 acceleration. Not bad. Just give him very high physical training. By the time he's 22/23 he could have 13/15. Pretty good considering his other stats are amazing. He's 16. For a 16 year old to be that good is rare. Buy him.

Thats what I was hoping, my hope is that he would be a Vidic type defender, I bought him but he cost me 1.8m in the end with a 20% profit clause.

Hi all, new to this particular thread to play my annual United game! :)

Now in March 2009, but so far, here's my transferv dealings in the game (Not including some of the reserves/U18's that I released or sold for next to nothing):

PLAYERS OUT:

PRESEASON:

Tevez - 30m (I sold him for the same price in 08 to the same club, I figured I could use the money to focus on replacements) - to Real Madrid

Kuszcak - 2.5m - Wolfsburg

Fletcher - 6.5m - Spurs

JANUARY:

O'Shea - 5.5m - Sunderland

Park Ji Sung - 6.5m - At. Madrid

Lee Martin - 1m - Hull

Manucho - 4m - Kobenhavn (He was awful. Seriously, did anyone get anything decent out of him?)

Hargreaves - 20m - Valencia

Carrick - 9m - Villarreal

Nani - 25m - Inter (Had enough back-ups and this offer was too good to resist)

PLAYERS IN:

PRESEASON:

Mascio - 50k

Alipio - Free

Bostock - 4m

Saivet - 6.5m

Zapater - 6m

Enyeama - 500k

Fausto Rossi - 4.9

Gregory Thil - 700k (As a back up targetman... Figured I owed him for my last game where he saved me many a time... Bad idea)

Matias Fernandez - 8.5m

Zuculini - 1.5m

Paonessa - 400k

Van Der Vaart - 9.5m (Was transfer listed by request)

Veloso - 20m

Owen - 5m (Has been awful - back up to Rooney)

Douglas Costa - 1.2m

Adriano - 5.5m (Also transfer listed by request. He was my favourite player in FM 2008, leading both my United squad and Real Madrid squad all the way, so far amazing... But still injury prone!)

My first team squad: Basic 4-4-2 but with one CM attacking and one defensively minded, same can be said for the forwards: Berbatov plays the goal poacher role, whilst Rooney plays a little bit behind:

GK: Foster/Enyeama/Van Der Sar (Rotation, VDS is getting a little dodgey, Enyeama has become solid, but so far Foster is pretty poor if I'm honest)

LB: Evra/Sahko

RB: Neville/Brown

CB: Ferdinand/Evans

CB: Vidic

LM: Anderson/Fernandez/Fabio

RM: Ronaldo/Saivet/Rafael (Just trying to get him some first team experience, he's actually been pretty good)

CM: Veloso/Zapater

CM: Van Der Vaart/Scholes (Who has become a little average lately)

ST: Rooney/Owen

ST: Berbatov/Adriano

So far, still in all competitions, won the League Cup (Penalties against Liverpool :D)

In the Premiership, I've played 30, Won 24, Drawn 4 and Lost 2. 76 points (8 clear of 2nd place Arsenal) with a goal difference of +40 (F53 A13).

Despite making a large profit in the transfer market (25m or so), I've got no money now whatsoever, and while I don't think I will renew the contracts of Van Der Sar, Giggs or Neville (Any of those worth keeping? Neville isn't too bad), I need a new back up centre back, aswell as a very solid Goalkeeper as my number 1 (Unless anyone thinks that VDS is able or Enyeama or Foster can step up).

Any advice or feedback in general will be appreciated!

Some not very good deals there. Could have got quite a bit more for Fletcher, PIG, Carrick and probably Hargreaves. You could have bought VDV for like 3m at the start of second season as he doesn't usual leave during the first season, but the rest seem alright.

Also, just wondering does Matias Fernandez puts in a transfer request at the end of first season for you guys as well? Coz he did in my game, and left for Barcelona for 3m.

Hello people,

I would like some comments on my young players :)

Chris Gibson- bought him from Middlesbrough:

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chrisgibsonqv2.jpg

Luis Ortiz- he was not contracted to Barcelona and got him for free:

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luisortizsy0.jpg

Miles Stevenson (Steve Stevenson)- proud product of the academy:

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=milesstevensonxd4.jpg

Sean Williams- snatched this kid off Arsenal:

http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seanwilliamsaa6.jpg

Thank you and Merry Christmas!!! :)

Hello people,

I would like some comments on my young players :)

Chris Gibson- bought him from Middlesbrough:

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chrisgibsonqv2.jpg

Looks good but not sure whether you should train him as a MCd or MCa as some of the stats necessary are low such as bravery, composure, positioning and otb. He is slow aswell but he is 16 so could improve. So overall I think it depends on his potential how good he can become.

Luis Ortiz- he was not contracted to Barcelona and got him for free:

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luisortizsy0.jpg

He is very good. Has most of the stats needed for a LB although marking and composure are a tad low but marking should improve to around 14 or 15 and composure could improve to 11/12 so he could be excellent

Miles Stevenson (Steve Stevenson)- proud product of the academy:

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=milesstevensonxd4.jpg

His [physical stats are amazing for his age :eek:. Mental stats are good aswell. I'd train him as a MCa due to his low marking, anticipation, bravery and positioning although finsihing could be a problem. Overall he could become brilliant.

Sean Williams- snatched this kid off Arsenal:

http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seanwilliamsaa6.jpg

Looks decent and has good attributes for a winger. Again his PA will determine whether he can be good enough.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!!! :)

Answers in quote.

What tactics you using there mate? Seem to be creating a whole load of clear cut chances!! I usually average about 3 per game but 9 is immense in the PL.
Used a 'control' tactic, which isn't too attacking and very slow tempo. I use it in most home games as the opposition will just defend against me so this means I can carve out a few good chances and break them down slowly. 9 CCCs is great - I don't usually get that many, although most are missed by Rooney anyway.
12232008174217vl3.th.jpg

After extreme bumming and unsettling :D

Well he must have a lower CA and PA in yours then if he hasn't been playing ;)

I'm in Feb and doing good. Rooney has been on top form but ive looked at the players who's contracts are expiring and Fred was there! I remember him being a god in fm06! Do you guys think i should by? My attack force is unchanged i still have Rooney,Tevez,Berba and Manucho(who i will sell).

Yeah, you might as well use Campbell and Welbeck if you need to, although maybe look for someone to replace Berbatov if you can get a decent price for him.

Two weeks until the FA cup final and Owen is back from his cruciate ligament injury \o/

Archived