FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Jaswarbrick ask the board for more money and you should get around £23million, thats what i got, and buy sebastian Giovinco from Juventus, i got him for £12.5million and he can play AML, C and striker. Only bad point is he cant play until Italy are out of the olympics. Then use the rest to sign a few more players. I signed Saivet (compensation), Sakho (£7.5mil) and a young defensive midfielder for £500K.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm playing a 4-5-1 which was very successful on fm08 and i am trying to convert it to work on fm09, im keeping clean sheets but i just cant seem to get my strikers to score. Whats the best way to instruct berbatov, tevez and rooney if playing one up front.

You need whoever plays as the FC to drop deep and hold the ball up so the midfielders can get forward in support and do the running. You especially need the AMR and AML to be getting into the box and being auxillary strikers.

Less than a million quid mate.
Not going to happen then unless you loan someone like Cardozo or Balotelli.

Alright reds.

Tevez torn his calf muscle in a god damn irrelevant international and is out for 5 months. :(

Just started with the new patch and updated Fabio, Rafael and Possebon but I need an experienced striker like Ruud (he won't join though), someone who can come in for 2-3 seasons max and rotate with Ronney and Berba (and when Tevez gets back), until Welbeck is old enough to join the first team.

Thinking along the lines of Ruud, Inzaghi, someone oldish like that as I only have 10 mill for transfers and need a striker and a winger. Oh and should I get that Di Maria guy is he cheap enough?

Thanks.

go for bogdan stancu, will score goals anywhere! keep an eye out for ransford osei! he's worth 22 mil in my game and i payed 2 thousand for him! or fat ronaldo

Regens!

One of the areas I was looking to improve my youth team in was at DL. Overlooked this guy as his tacking and antipation is crap, but is another that "could be a leading Premiership player":

12272008175751hb7.th.jpg

Then Lopez found this beauty in his search of Italy. He's another that "could be a leading Premiership player" and should be available for around £1m:

12272008175349vy1.th.jpg

Thoughts?

Just started my first season, Madrid being ***** again - trying to turn the heads of Rio, Vidic, and Tevez. Doing a pretty good job of it aswell.

Turned down an offer for Rio and they've just come back with a £35m offer (half of it over 12 months) so im going to accept.

Im looking at Richards as a replacement unless any of you can recommend someone in particular, not got to grips with this game yet so don't know who's who in terms of youngsters.

(btw 1st game of the season at home to arsenal...won 4-0 haha)

Edit/Delete Message

Just started my first season, Madrid being ***** again - trying to turn the heads of Rio, Vidic, and Tevez. Doing a pretty good job of it aswell.

Turned down an offer for Rio and they've just come back with a £35m offer (half of it over 12 months) so im going to accept.

Im looking at Richards as a replacement unless any of you can recommend someone in particular, not got to grips with this game yet so don't know who's who in terms of youngsters.

(btw 1st game of the season at home to arsenal...won 4-0 haha)

Edit/Delete Message

I wouldn't accept any amount of money for someone like Rio who's one of the best DCs in the games, but you can replace him with Gamberini or Fazio for ~£10m.
Rooney is ........... He cannot score to save his life on my game, i really rate him, but i have lost my will to live. Can anyone give me a proven goalscorer. I am willing to sell Rooney if need be to get the funds thanks in advance.
Like that for a lot of people. Make him play as the deep striker and he should score more of his chances I've found. I might have sold him if Real Madrid came in for him as they were interested during most of the 1st season, but they never even tendered a bid.

Offers keep coming in for Nani, but the most I've got so far is £22.5m from Arsenal. I negotiated for a straight swap for Walcott and they withdrew :)

Yeah Jaswabrick just loan Cardozo and Balotelli. It's what I did at the very last second. And they rule :cool: Also the first regen is useless, the second is a prodigy. The first regen has 2 for dribbling which is amazingly pathetic.
Not useless. Dribbling is hardly key for a full back anyway. He should at least become half decent and perhaps good enough to be able to sell him to a Championship club.

Do you not have a scout that scouts your next opposition? It could be to do with the bug that doesn't tell you that staff contracts are due to expire and those staff will then just leave without any note of them doing so.

Go to your scout assignments and check that one of your scouts is scouting the next opposition. Not sure what to suggest if there is someone doing that, though. Wigan's pitch is extremely narrow IIRR, so that should mean playing a bit wider. I keep forgetting to adjust width/d-line depending on the opposition's pitch, but seeing as there's not really much difference between the maximum and minimum allowances it shouldn't matter too much.

Another thing on scouting: Make sure you get your scouts looking at U-19 players in Spain, Italy, the UK and South America. I found that DL regen from Lazio through that method and it's come up trumps. Just signed a few more scouts and I've got one - Simon Hunt - who's scouting the UK and Ireland for me and he's got 16 for judging ability and 20 for judging potential. Also, Jeff Watson who was one of the staff whose contracts ran out has gone from 15/15 for JA/JP to 17/17, so make sure you keep him. (You might want to change the OP for that, ML)

I've never been so excited about a regen in my entire life....check this out!

th_regen.jpg

Hopefully he aint gonna turn down the huge contract i'm offering him, he's already as good as Evra according to my scouts! I was gonna splash out £60 million on Bale from City as Evra's replacement, but it now i'm spending nothing.

Wow, a bit better than the left back, Ricci, I found at Lazio. You just need to put him on high strength and tactics training to boost his natural fitness and flair as much as possible, although if his CA is that good already he won't be able to improve on it too much.

And Woodzy, seeing as you're in 2012 I've got a question:

- The Champions League final moves to a Saturday after the first season, but on my game the last Premiership matches (in 09/10) are scheduled for the day after the CL final because of this. Have you ever had your last Prem game moved because you were playing in the CL final the day before and/or seen any other wierd stuff with how the last games of the season are scheduled?

I think it's been after the Champions League final for the last 3 seasons yeh. Definitely the last 2 because i was in the final the year before and remember thinking it was a bit weird.

Any chance you can give me a bit more info? Same for anyone who's finished at least two seasons now.

Basically if you could provide me a schedule of the last five games in May for the second season and any you've played beyond that. For example on my game the end of the second season is scheduled as:

Sat 15th May: Penultimate Prem matches

Wed 18th May: UEFA Cup final

Sat 22nd May: CL final

Sun 23rd May: Final Prem matches

Sat 29th May: FA Cup final

And I just want to see how that changes if an English team is in the CL final. Thanks.

The year i was in the final, 2009/10 season, last five fixtures were.

Wed. 05.05.2010 - Champ. League

Sat. 08.05.2010 - Prem

Sat. 15.05.2010 - Prem

Sat. 22.05.2010 - Champ. League Final

Tue 25.05.2010 - Prem Last Fixture.

Move Matches for TV is unticked and has been since the start of the game (basically because i've forgotten to switch it back on after an online game.)

Unrelated question, is Micah Richards a good option for first choice right back? Its the only area i'm struggling in at the moment. I have a youngster who i hope to play there eventually but is only 17 and far from ready, i sold Rafael for £10 million but with a £10 million buy back clause, and i get £40 for his first international appearance (has to be some sort of bug?) so at the moment i only have Zapata who can cover there, but need a first choice.

Woodzy you have found a gem with that regen, let us all know how he turns out and how he performs. Micah Richards is a good right back, however could cost quite a bit. Maybe search around with the stats you want, you MIGHT get a cheaper option that can last until your youngster is ready.

Can anyone give me a player who is like C.Ronaldo, i know it will be hard, but with my tactic i have produced my self, giggs and nani just do not play well in it, so i need a AMC who can drift out to the left, like Ronaldo does for me on the other side, which is very successful. Thanks in advance.

I went for Maicon in the end. He's more of the type of full back i wanted, was only £14 mil and a short term option until one of my promising right backs are ready or i decide to buy Rafael back from Roma (he wanted to leave, and i was happy to give him experience.)

That transfer was a bit flawed really btw, i sold him for £10 million, put in a buy back clause of the same amount, but i also get £40 million for his first international appearance!

The year i was in the final, 2009/10 season, last five fixtures were.

Wed. 05.05.2010 - Champ. League

Sat. 08.05.2010 - Prem

Sat. 15.05.2010 - Prem

Sat. 22.05.2010 - Champ. League Final

Tue 25.05.2010 - Prem Last Fixture.

Move Matches for TV is unticked and has been since the start of the game (basically because i've forgotten to switch it back on after an online game.)

Unrelated question, is Micah Richards a good option for first choice right back? Its the only area i'm struggling in at the moment. I have a youngster who i hope to play there eventually but is only 17 and far from ready, i sold Rafael for £10 million but with a £10 million buy back clause, and i get £40 for his first international appearance (has to be some sort of bug?) so at the moment i only have Zapata who can cover there, but need a first choice.

Thanks for that. One more question: Was your last Prem match on that Tuesday after all the other matches had been played? All the last matches in a league should be at the same time, so this would go against it if all the other matches weren't moved as well.

Has anyone got to the FA Cup and CL final in the same season after the first season? I assume it wouldn't make much difference as the FA Cup usually seems to be a week later, but just asking.

As for Richards, his mental stats aren't the best. I assume Brown is getting on a bit now? If you've got enough money then go for Ramos - he's one of my long term targets. And you should get Rafael back for £10m.

my.php?image=regenjs4.png

Was just wondering what everyones opinion was of this regen I found is he good enough to be first team one day? Scouts said I should only sign him as a last resort but I thought he stats were good so I got him for free anyway, let me know what you think, thanks!

Lukejw, he isnt good enough for a top team like Man United, but with the high stats that he has got he might bring in around £5million or more in a few years, play him in easy matches, for example against lower league teams in the cup and in the CL group stages when you've qualified, as this will get interest in him.

Ok reds thanks for the responses regarding the striker issue. I need a very fast response it is literally 9.15 ON DEADLINE DAY. Cardozo and Balotelli's loan requests got rejected, Inter don't want to loan out Balotelli and Benfica wanted a 2M fee for Cardozo. I offered the 2M fee for Cardozo and until the end of the season and it is accepted and the player should want to join given it's Utd.

But, I also have enquired about Owen, Lewandowski, and Stancu. The board gave me another 14 million and Newcastle want 11.75 for Owen, Lech want 1.1 mill and 10% of profit next sale, and Steaua want 1.4 mill and 30% profit next sale.

The question is, should I just stick with Cardozo and play on with Berba, Rooney and Cardozo, or should I get another striker so that for next season I will have Berba, Rooney, Tevez and the other striker?

Quick response needed thanks.

Lukejw, he isnt good enough for a top team like Man United, but with the high stats that he has got he might bring in around £5million or more in a few years, play him in easy matches, for example against lower league teams in the cup and in the CL group stages when you've qualified, as this will get interest in him.

ye thanks I had that in mind when I bought him that I could sell him on. As soon as I bought him he was worth £1.8 mill so he should get to bout 5 in few seasons, thanks.

Jaswarbrick: Play on with Berbs, Roon and Cardozo imo. You have reasonable back up in people like Welbeck, and even Ronaldo who can play upfront. Then next season you get Fraizer back who looks like he's going to be a star in the future.

Archived