FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Woodzy you have found a gem with that regen, let us all know how he turns out and how he performs. Micah Richards is a good right back, however could cost quite a bit. Maybe search around with the stats you want, you MIGHT get a cheaper option that can last until your youngster is ready.

Can anyone give me a player who is like C.Ronaldo, i know it will be hard, but with my tactic i have produced my self, giggs and nani just do not play well in it, so i need a AMC who can drift out to the left, like Ronaldo does for me on the other side, which is very successful. Thanks in advance.

I hate to be obvious, but if you can afford him Messi would be perfect for that role. Silva would also be great but is also expensive. I'm not sure why Nani doesn't do it he should be good for you. Maybe Walcott?

just stick with Cardozo and play on with Berba, Rooney and Cardozo?

With Tevez and Campbell that should be more than enough.

~Edit: Good to see you back on here Sheps :thup:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With talk over regens being tossed about, I have just found a good young full back in Italy, not 17 yet and is looking very promising. Hes not as good as the 19yr old guy posted earlier, but deffinately worth a look. I have enough promising youth players and enough players in general for my liking already, but its hard to pass these guys up considering some other ones may not make the grade in the future.

12282008185148wm8.th.jpg

Nice, and the news at the bottom is "Scolari to set his stall out to defend". Brilliant!

Jimmy: Your season's going alright if you had loads of injuries. That regen looks pretty good as long as his tackling and marking improve enough and you've done well to find a regen who's either footed.

As for Chelsea and starting the season, I've got some revenge on them for luckily beating me on penalties in the FA Cup final last season. First up was the Community Shield and won quite easily:

12292008004657fc4.th.jpg

Great for Owen to score again and I can't see how people don't want to sign someone like that for £3-4m at the start of the game. And I loved it for Cole to get sent off. Straight red for a foul on Ronaldo and it couldn't have happened to a better person :)

Then first game in the league was away at Chelsea. You've got to play them at sometime and I was on a roll:

12292008005021dl6.th.jpg

Fortunately Tevez wasn't injured after the match and it seemed they tried to injure my players all game. I'm still scoring plenty of goals from corners (Evans got 6 in 6 pre-season matches) but they weren't working too well with Giggs taking them from the left side as they need to be outswinging corners. Changed it so Ronaldo took the left sided corners even though his corners are only 10 but Rio scored from the first one! And again it was great to see another of my favourites, Terry, help us win the game after he'd scored the winning penalty in the FA Cup final.

Roll on 2009/10.....

Great for Owen to score again and I can't see how people don't want to sign someone like that for £3-4m at the start of the game.

I totally agree with you, I brought Owen for 7.5m then sold them manucho for 20m. hahahahaha.. and Owen has been banging them in. He has like 15 I think and Ive just got into January. I will double check when I get home. He is only behind Cordosa who is my free kick and penalty taker. Great buy at the start of the season.

With talk over regens being tossed about, I have just found a good young full back in Italy, not 17 yet and is looking very promising. Hes not as good as the 19yr old guy posted earlier, but deffinately worth a look. I have enough promising youth players and enough players in general for my liking already, but its hard to pass these guys up considering some other ones may not make the grade in the future.

12282008185148wm8.th.jpg

Brilliant regen there. Gosh, I wish I have one of those youngsters- either footed and both sides of the field.

I totally agree with you, I brought Owen for 7.5m then sold them manucho for 20m. hahahahaha.. and Owen has been banging them in. He has like 15 I think and Ive just got into January. I will double check when I get home. He is only behind Cordosa who is my free kick and penalty taker. Great buy at the start of the season.

I got Owen for free at the end of first season, signed him up and wasn't good at all. Sold him off to Madrid. And I still can sell Manucho! No one wants him :(

I got Owen for free at the end of first season, signed him up and wasn't good at all. Sold him off to Madrid. And I still can sell Manucho! No one wants him :(

I put him on transfer market straight away. and they was interested. I kept rejecting bids and raising the offer to Newcastle, and after I brought owen, they took manucho off me for 20m. haha. great bit of business.

I don't want to buy because I don't think its worthwhile buying an oldish player who is always going to be injured. At the start of the first season I feel now, looking back, that you could do with a striker who scores alot of goals and Owen could be that striker but he just gets serious injuries far too often which leaves you with the current strike force way too often. Plus he is a scouse legend :thdn:

Yeah that regen ifb Jimmy. Is he two footed?

He's right footed but has a strong left foot, so yeah he can play on either side.

I have a new challenge at hand now, I have been offered an international job after thier previous manager only managed to make the playoffs for the World Cup. After being 4-2 loss at home to Turkey, the board sacked him and I accepted the job as Sweden manager. Funnily enough I managed to reverse the deficiet and qualify for the world cup with Ibrahimovic having a blinder for me.

12292008134818gl6.th.jpg

I put him on transfer market straight away. and they was interested. I kept rejecting bids and raising the offer to Newcastle, and after I brought owen, they took manucho off me for 20m. haha. great bit of business.

Have you tried putting him up for sale with a £0 asking price to get people interested? Then just ask for a million or so less than what he is worth.

Wow, I just finished the second season and in the World Cup there are really weird teams participating. Instead of big countries like Ghana, USA, Korea, Australia, there are these countries like New Zealand, Colombia, and some others I forgot. Does this happen to your games as well?

Wow, I just finished the second season and in the World Cup there are really weird teams participating. Instead of big countries like Ghana, USA, Korea, Australia, there are these countries like New Zealand, Colombia, and some others I forgot. Does this happen to your games as well?

Colombia have a good team, players like Arango, Falcao and Zapata could carry them through!

Crazy gra. About scouting. Say for Spain, would you scout the under 19s *competition*, or would you scout the whole nation of Spain, looking for players aged 19 or lower. There is a subtle difference because a 19 year old might be playing for one of the first teams i'm not sure which to go with here.

Once you set up the Spain, Italy, Uk and South America, where do you go next? Because I have more than just 4 scouts.

Nice one mate.

regenasaurussu4.th.jpg

Any chance of a rating in this regen I've got? no real standout areas but hes a very good all round player, reminds me of Joao Moutinho quite alot.

He's amazing. What does your ass. man (or coach with best JP attribute) say about his potential in the coach report section? Bit of a shame that he's only an AMC really, but with some training in defensive stats and shooting he could play as a DM or a striker. Shooting coaching would be good to improve his long shots anyway and give him quite high strength training as his natual fitness and stamina need to be better than 13.
Crazy gra. About scouting. Say for Spain, would you scout the under 19s *competition*, or would you scout the whole nation of Spain, looking for players aged 19 or lower. There is a subtle difference because a 19 year old might be playing for one of the first teams i'm not sure which to go with here.

Once you set up the Spain, Italy, Uk and South America, where do you go next? Because I have more than just 4 scouts.

Nice one mate.

Just assign your scout (preferably someone with knowledge of Spain - Lopez is good, or else buy someone with the right knowledge) to Spain and add a condition of "age at most 19". It seems a lot of foreign regens start at around 18 or 19 so you don't want to miss these out, although if you're scouting in England you can lower the age limit. Perhaps it has something to do with what leagues you have loaded.
Anyone reccomend me a new asst mgr ? I just don't rate Phelan that much .
Look in the opening post.
I don't want to buy because I don't think its worthwhile buying an oldish player who is always going to be injured. At the start of the first season I feel now, looking back, that you could do with a striker who scores alot of goals and Owen could be that striker but he just gets serious injuries far too often which leaves you with the current strike force way too often. Plus he is a scouse legend :thdn:

I have a new challenge at hand now, I have been offered an international job after thier previous manager only managed to make the playoffs for the World Cup. After being 4-2 loss at home to Turkey, the board sacked him and I accepted the job as Sweden manager. Funnily enough I managed to reverse the deficiet and qualify for the world cup with Ibrahimovic having a blinder for me.

12292008134818gl6.th.jpg

I wouldn't say Owen is a scouse legend if he left them a few years ago. Just because he damaged his cruciates in my 1st season doesn't mean he'll do it all the time (touch wood). I know he's not top quality and I'll probably sell him when I get either Ibrahimovic or Walcott but for a few million he's a bargain.

And great result for Sweden. Definitely getting Ibrah now :thup:

For my manu, i currently in the 5th season, Anderson in my game end up to be a flop and i am so disappointed since i play him most of the time, now my squad left evens, ronaldo, nani who is awesome and Rooney who are still in my sqaud.

I have won 3 EPL title, 3 CL and 2 FA, Arsenal is so strong hahahaha

Buonanotte is good, but doesn't seem to have a great potential, so you're best off looking elsewhere. My scout thinks he might only cost £5m though, if you're really stuck.

As for the coaches, Jay, it means you should make the youth coaches that are any good into full coaches so that they can train youth and the first team.

tbh he's played most matches over the 3 years he just aint the world class player i wanted him to be...

he's just moved to 4 stars after i said i wasn't impressed with him..

ave 7.09 games played 45 2 goals 10 assists

Start of Season 09/10 Update

I suppose I might as well start with the transfers:

12302008002921xu2.th.jpg

I'm happy enough with my squad that I didn't want to bring any first team players in, except if I had got extremely lucky and managed to somehow tempt Walcott or Ibrahimovic to sign. I decided to bring Wilshire in as I wasn't sure how good Possebon was going to develop so went looking for a young MCa on the 30th August. A £15m bid for Ramsey was rejected but I bid Wilshire's value of £2.2m, Arsenal wanted £2.6 + 25% of profit, so I bid £3m and they accepted it.

Not sure why they sold him so cheaply as my scout reckons he has a very high potential. Ricci is a left back regen found by my scouts and has a great potential so I've been told. Here's his profile:

12272008175349vy1.th.jpg

Got some good prices for Simpson and Park I think and the money from them will go into my Ibrahimovic & Walcott piggy bank. I actually got interest in Manucho but no-one even wanted to pay £1.5m for him so, along with Welbeck and Cathcart, he can get some games at Aberdeen.

Squad

12302008002854an9.th.jpg

That's my first team squad with all the youth players in that I expect to rotate into the squad. VDS is purely a backup now in case Foster and Asenjo can't play and he can also tutor youngsters. The likes of Asenjo, Evans, Rafael, Fabio, Ricci, Martin, Wilshire, Balotelli and Campbell are the youth players who will get played in the easy games and used as backups.

Expectations/Plans for the Season

I should easily be able to retain the Premiership and hopefully can win it early again and use the youngsters for the remaining half dozen games or so. The FA Cup is too hard to predict how well I'll do but I won't take any risks with youth in these games unless it's a really easy team I'm drawn against. The League Cup will be, as always, used for giving the youths some games. My 3rd round match is at home v Leeds!

The Champions League was poor last season with getting knocked out in the quarter finals, so to win that is my main aim this season as it should give the biggest boost to my reputation, but I will still play youngsters in most of the group games. My group is:

- Porto

- Espanyol

- Wisla

As for feeder clubs, I got my second merchandising-purpose feeder club in Okayama from Japan and I went on tours to both the USA and Japan in the pre-season which boosted my income nicely. I was able to ask for another in early August, but the only recommendations I got were Scandanavian clubs or a Turkish club, so I rejected those and am holding out for a local English team such as Preston or Blackpool or a Polish club as non-EU players only take two years to get a passport there.

The season started with beating Chelsea 2-0 in the Community Shield and I've just received the Manager of the Month for August and Anderson won Young Player of the Month.

Nice update Gra.

Great price for Wilshere :thup:

I also signed Wilshere from Arsenal, we were discussing it and it came up that he could be bought cheap as his contracts are short. He has great PA on my game aswell according to my scouts and in January 2010 I managed to seal the deal for £2.7m. Considering I only have Anderson as a true MCa in my first team squad, I imagine in the future I will have a bit of a selection headache in this area having Rodney Sneijder, John Bostock and now Jack Wilshere along with Anderson who of course is also very young.

And as for Gra, great update and I hope you have better luck in the FA Cup and CL this year, but dont under estimate the Premiership too much, I have had a few suprising results so far in my second season. Portsmouth, Man City and Tottenham have all spent well and are doing well in the league aswell as Newcastle and Sunderland doing extremely well.

Training schedules are incredibly easy to make. I have no idea why people download this 'Tugs schedule' thing when it's so rubbish. I just make general training schedules which I can use in any version of FM with any club. I only do individual ones for players who need to get better at something specifically or if they're a different type of player.

Also Anderson's PA is fairly obvious isn't it? And Buonanotte was great for me on my Udinese game. His strength got up to 3 or 5 on that. That was when his stats were worse and a bit random. But his strength is too low really. He'll get pushed off the ball when dribbling too easily. That's why Rooney and Anderson are actually pretty good dribblers.

Training schedules are incredibly easy to make. I have no idea why people download this 'Tugs schedule' thing when it's so rubbish. I just make general training schedules which I can use in any version of FM with any club. I only do individual ones for players who need to get better at something specifically or if they're a different type of player.

Also Anderson's PA is fairly obvious isn't it? And Buonanotte was great for me on my Udinese game. His strength got up to 3 or 5 on that. That was when his stats were worse and a bit random. But his strength is too low really. He'll get pushed off the ball when dribbling too easily. That's why Rooney and Anderson are actually pretty good dribblers.

In your opinion of course, it's obvious you have no knowledge unless you coded part of the match engine. So explain to me why it's rubbish when a lot of people download his yet... I don't see your anywhere?

I cant get Anderson to perform, im playing 442 with on MC more attacking than the other.

He just hasnt been performing, i have started to retrain him as a MC and will see how he goes.

Any tips on how to get the best out of him.

I also signed Wilshere from Arsenal, we were discussing it and it came up that he could be bought cheap as his contracts are short. He has great PA on my game aswell according to my scouts and in January 2010 I managed to seal the deal for £2.7m. Considering I only have Anderson as a true MCa in my first team squad, I imagine in the future I will have a bit of a selection headache in this area having Rodney Sneijder, John Bostock and now Jack Wilshere along with Anderson who of course is also very young.

And as for Gra, great update and I hope you have better luck in the FA Cup and CL this year, but dont under estimate the Premiership too much, I have had a few suprising results so far in my second season. Portsmouth, Man City and Tottenham have all spent well and are doing well in the league aswell as Newcastle and Sunderland doing extremely well.

Well, after winning my first three games of the league it still seems easy, especially when one was Chelsea away. However, I have Arsenal at home in three league games time, which will put me to the test again.

And you may have got Wilshy for less, but I was in a rush, plus he'll have some first team United games for me before I get to where you are :p

And be thankful anyway, as I pointed him out and told you what a bargain he is. Supposedly more of a winger IRL, but definitely more of an MCa in the game. Get rid of Sneijder and lazy-@rse Bostock so Wilshy gets loads of games. You still have Scholes as a backup and Carrick can play there. As can Rooney....I hope ;)

In your opinion of course, it's obvious you have no knowledge unless you coded part of the match engine. So explain to me why it's rubbish when a lot of people download his yet... I don't see your anywhere?

Evon is a good FM player who has been playing the series for years, with that comes knowledge and patterns are revealed in the match engines. You don't need to have coded any part of the match engine to know what stats are important to certain positions on the playing field, hell you don't even have to know much about the game. FM is very realistic in terms of what attributes are needed to perform when playing football, and there are tons of articles in the tactics and training areas of the forum which explain what stats are important for which players.

I have not looked at these Tug Training Schedules, but from experiences from the past almost all training regimes have been average, especially because they might not suit your tactics. Most FM players I know make their own training schedules because they are very easy to make. All you need to know is what positions you will be using in your tactic and what important attributes they need to perform and which are not as important to their area of play. You then have to raise these area's from high medium to heavy and the less important attributes to light, making sure you don't make the overall workload pass over 'heavy'.

For example; if you use a quick striker in your tactic the higher areas of their training schedule would be Aerobic, Shooting, Ball Control, Tactics. The mediumish area's should be Strength, Attacking and perhaps Set Peices. Very low or none areas should be Goalkeeping and Defending.

If you don't know which training areas improve which stats, just go to any player's profile, select 'Training' then 'Attributes' and there is a training category at the top, if you click that you can select which area or training you are unsure of and it will list the stats improved under this regime.

And be thankful anyway, as I pointed him out and told you what a bargain he is. Supposedly more of a winger IRL, but definitely more of an MCa in the game. Get rid of Sneijder and lazy-@rse Bostock so Wilshy gets loads of games. You still have Scholes as a backup and Carrick can play there. As can Rooney....I hope ;)

Liar! I brought him to your attention so that you wouldn't buy that sheep sh*gging sell-out Ramsey! You just found out how short his contract is and cheap he is! And I'll be keeping Bostock and Sneijder, the odds are there that atleast one of the 3 will be a flop and I will sell that one once I find out which one that is. Besides I'm not offering Scholes a contract this year and am hoping he'll retire to be my Ass Man!

Start of Season 08/09

Transfers in = no one "we have a good enough squad to start with"

Transfers out = O'shea £10m to Aston Villa to good to turn down

League 2nd 87pts 2 behind Arsenal

Champions League QTR final lost to Arsenal 4-3

F.A cup won 2-1 vs Arsenal

World club cup won 4-0 Etoile du Sahel

League cup lost QTR final 0-1 Blackburn (the cup for my United kids)

Euro super cup Won on pens 2-2

Community Shield lost 1-2

summary:- not to bad for my first season but gutted to lose the league on the last day of the season

My Anderson who has suddenly got good

andersonwz5.th.png

My first season:

EPL: Winners ahead of Chelsea by 4 points

CL: Winners 3-2 against Barca in extra time

FA cup: Winners agsinst Arsenal on pens after 1-1

League cup: Lost QF Chelsea

Super cup: Won 3-2

World Club Cup: 2-0 winners

Charity Shield: Lost on pens

Transfers Out: Lee Martin £2.7 mill

Transfers In: Di Maria 5.6 mill

Axel Witsel £3.2 mill + clauses

Papadoupolous £2.2 mill

Transers out 2nd season:

O'Shea £8 mill

Kuzchak £5mill

Fletcher £16 mill

Transfers In 2nd Season:

Bojan Free

Camacho 9 mill

Balotelli 28mill

Akinfeev 12.5 mill

Need DL Evra out for 3 months, but window is closed so im rotating Fabio and Evans

Archived