FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabio has beem good for me.

Anyone know when players like VDS, Giggs, Neville, Scholes retire.

3 of them are in thier last year of thier contracts, im in the second season, and i dont know if i should renew thier contracts, mainly in the case of VDS, i have Akinfeev and Foster ahead of him?

Can i get him as a coach

Start of Season 09/10

Transfers in

Akinfeev (fm legend) gk 15m to replace VDS

Downing 6.5m to replace Giggs (legend) and back up to Nani

Santon 8.75m young rb to cover rafeal

Coeff 4.7m mc back up to Anderson only 18

Saivet 4.7m

Wilshere 2.7m

Transfers out

Manucho 5.5m

Kuszczak 4.1m

Park 2.5m

spending over

League 2nd again to Liverpool on goal difference

Champions League lost semi final to Barcelona 2-2 away goals

F.A cup lost on pens to Liverpool

League cup lost to Newcastle 0-1 (kids need to do better)

Community Shield won 3-1 over Arsenal

gutted with my second season so close to everything but so far away

Finally bought FM09 today.. and as always have started up a Man United game. Despite mixed reviews, the new 3D engine is great. Really looking forward to getting going.

Had hoped that Rafael, Fabio and Rodrigo Possebon would be slightly better but i'll still be looking to them for the future.

Am going to bring in a new left winger and thats about all for the first season. The squad is really strong.

Start of Season 09/10

Transfers in

Saivet 4.7m

Wilshere 2.7m

Transfers out

Manucho 5.5m

Kuszczak 4.1m

Park 2.5m

spending over

Park for 2.5 mill:eek:

You could get loads more for him

I kept him and he was my top assister in my first 5 trophy winning season

Man Utd's researcher's suggestions on editting Rafael, Fabio and Possebon.

Originally Posted by Nick OGS20 View Post

Right, like I promised, I've had a tinker with the Brazilian trio and I've got my 'workings' here for anyone who wants to use them. I have to re-affirm that there was a reason I didn't overhaul their stats earlier in the summer and we've discussed exactly why to death, and I'll also say there's no guarantee these will be exactly replicated in future updates as a) I've not exactly had time to really thoroughly go over things as much as I'd like, and b) there's plenty of time for my mind to change on various things.

Rafael

Finishing 7 -> 10

Long Shots 7 -> 8

Marking 7 -> 9

Passing 12 -> 13

Penalties 2 -> 8

Tackling 10 -> 12

Technique 13 -> 14

Aggression 12 -> 14

Bravery 12 -> 14

Composure 10 -> 13

Concentration 10 -> 11

Positioning 6 -> 8

Work Rate 13 -> 15

Injury Proneness 0 -> 3

Jumping 9 -> 11

Stamina 8 -> 10

Strength 9 -> 10

Left Foot 10 -> 12

CA 110 -> 125

PA -8 -> -9

Current Rep -> 120

Add dives into tackles PPM

Fabio

First Touch 12 -> 14

Heading 9 -> 13

Long Shots 10 -> 13

Marking 6 -> 8

Tackling 6 -> 9

Composure 10 -> 11

Positioning 6 -> 7

Work Rate 10 -> 14

Acceleration 14 -> 17

Balance 7 -> 11

Jumping 9 -> 12

Pace 15 -> 17

Left Foot 11 -> 13

CA 89 -> 115

CR -> 105

Rodrigo

Corners 4 -> 12

Finishing 10 -> 12

Free Kicks 3 -> 10

Long Shots 11 -> 14

Marking 8 -> 10

Penalties 5 -> 11

Composure 12 -> 14

Creativity 12 -> 13

Decisions 11 -> 12

Positioning 8 -> 10

Teamwork 11 -> 13

Agility 11 -> 13

CA 101 -> 115

CR 100 -> 115

In your opinion of course, it's obvious you have no knowledge unless you coded part of the match engine. So explain to me why it's rubbish when a lot of people download his yet... I don't see your anywhere?

So you just came in to have a snipe? How pathetic. Just because I keep pointing out your idiocy...

Anyway, the race for the title is really starting to hot up on my game. Here's the table in March:

12302008174813gt5.th.jpg

I've won the Carling Cup already though by beating Arsenal 1-0 through a Berbatov goal. I actually beat Arsenal!!!!

Start of Season 09/10

Transfers in

Saivet 4.7m

Wilshere 2.7m

Transfers out

Manucho 5.5m

Kuszczak 4.1m

Park 2.5m

spending over

Even after editing rafael's stats I found that Santon is better than him imo, half way through 2009/10, after playing them in both carling cup and easy premiership games. Maybe loan out rafael to see if he improves (if you still have Neville), plus Santon can back up MR/AMR aswell. But depends on what you want to do :).

Season 10-11

Transfers in

Rossi 24.5m

Sakho 18.5 fm legend

6 younger players for £20.05m

Transfers out

Campbell 15m a good price for my hit or miss striker

Hargreaves 10.5m always injured and contract coming to the end

Brown 10m

Possebon 5m never looked like breaking into the first team

League won at last by 7 pts, league was won with 6 games to go

Champions league won 2-0 vs Arsenal

F.A cup lost semi vs liverpool 1-3

League cup lost final 0-3 vs Chelsea kids done great

Community shield lost 2-0 vs liverpool

great season won what i wanted

Manchester United Update - Season 2 - January

Transfers

12302008181543my8.th.jpg

The only ones that came in January are obviously the last two.

Di Iorio is a regen I found, he isn't looking quite as good as he was to begin with, a couple of stats have gone down 1. =(

12302008181843cx6.th.jpg

December Awards

World Player of the Year

2nd Ronaldo

Footballer of the Year

2nd Ronaldo

3rd Ibrahimovic (Sweden)

Striker of the Year

1st Ibrahimovic (Sweden)

Midfeilder of the Year

1st Ronaldo

Defender of the Year

2nd Ferdinand

3rd Vidic

Competitions

Premiership

12302008182628el3.th.jpg

I am happy with the way things are going in the Premiership now, it was a rough start and I have been down as low as 6th with one or two losses and draw, but I have managed to get the team back on form winning 15 games on the bounce in all competitions including wins away at Arsenal and Liverpool in the Premiership.

Other Competitions

Not much worth mentioning here really, I have Inter in the Champions League 1st Knock Out Round after coming 2nd in my group to Real Madrid (who got AC Milan). I am confident of winning the tie anyhow as I did so in the quater finals last season.

12302008183505gw6.th.jpg

The Community Shield is missing on that list, which I lost on Penalties to Arsenal.

Targets

I want to win the FA Cup this season after a horribly unlucky defeat against Arsenal in the final last year, so that is a priority. The Champions League and Premiership are playing second fiddle to that this season. Also I am tired of Berbatov being crap so I have tried to sell him on deadline day for 40m, it didnt come through but I have alot of interest in him from big teams so I am hoping he goes in the summer. I will look to replace him with Santa Cruz or if possible Ibrahimovic or maybe even David Villa.

NB: I am going to update on Sweden on here as it is on my Man Utd save and I don't think there is an International/Sweden thread? Anyway, anyone against that?

Anyone how can i edit Possebon, and the Brazilian twins stats,

Hargreaves and Anderson have formed a great partnership for me, loving them.

Sorry about double posting guys.

You have to edit the players in the editor before you start a game, dont worry if you haven't they still turn out pretty good anyway.

PS: I also love Anderson and Hargy :thup:

Liar! I brought him to your attention so that you wouldn't buy that sheep sh*gging sell-out Ramsey! You just found out how short his contract is and cheap he is! And I'll be keeping Bostock and Sneijder, the odds are there that atleast one of the 3 will be a flop and I will sell that one once I find out which one that is. Besides I'm not offering Scholes a contract this year and am hoping he'll retire to be my Ass Man!
Are you sure? I know he wasn't in my shortlist before, but I wasn't going to pay more than £15m for Ramsey.

So you just came in to have a snipe? How pathetic. Just because I keep pointing out your idiocy...

Anyway, the race for the title is really starting to hot up on my game. Here's the table in March:

12302008174813gt5.th.jpg

I've won the Carling Cup already though by beating Arsenal 1-0 through a Berbatov goal. I actually beat Arsenal!!!!

Omg, devastated Hull City!

12302008174813gt5.th.jpg

Read my post again, how do you know someone else's training regime is terrible unless you actually have real knowledge of the match engine or how FM09 works?

Stop trying to cause trouble.

Evon is a good FM player who has been playing the series for years, with that comes knowledge and patterns are revealed in the match engines. You don't need to have coded any part of the match engine to know what stats are important to certain positions on the playing field, hell you don't even have to know much about the game. FM is very realistic in terms of what attributes are needed to perform when playing football, and there are tons of articles in the tactics and training areas of the forum which explain what stats are important for which players.

Phelan's contract is coming to an end should i renew it of find someone else?

phelanhy3.th.jpg

Yeah, get a new ass. man. Most people do at the start as Phelan isn't great and he's not a great coach either.

Rooney's annoying me again with his 'cant hit a donkey's @rse with a banjo' shooting. Either he misses or hits it straight at the keeper. :mad:

season 11-12

transfers in

Camacho 18.75m

Al-Zahrani gk 5m

Holmes sc 7m + welbeck

7.93m on younger players

transfers out

Evans 11m toon

Berbatov 17.5m Villa

Carrick 17m Villa

c/sheild won 1-0 vs liverpool

world club cup won 2-0 vs sao paulo

league cup lost semi final 2-2 vs arsenal away goals

fa cup lost 5th round to man city 0-1

champions league lost semi final to Barcelona 2-2 away goals

league won by 4 pts spurs city chelsea and me are the new big 4

will post squad at the end of transfed deadline since i'm now up to date

one day i will win on away goals

Crazy gra, (or anyone that is good at scouting), when you say looks for players at 'age is at most 19', is there any point to this?

For example, if I get a scout to scout the nation of Spain without any age restriction, he will find 'x' amount of players at 'age at most 19', and 'y' players aged 20 or above. If I then get the same scout to scout Spain with the age restriction, he will find the same 'x' amount of players at 'age is most 19', but without the y amount of players aged 20 and above.

So doing the method without the age restriction, I can still get exactly the same amount of players aged 19 or below, but then say if I needed an experienced player to come in for some squad cover, I would still be able to find one of those players.

Or, will the scout *specifically target young players* so that there are more youngsters in the report than if I left the age restriction off?

Thanks, bit confused about this one.

i always scout under 21's because they are the only players i will sign when playing with united.

i always get about 20 players a season onto my short list then keep scouting then to make sure no Muppets come through

I don't think it makes a massive difference. If you get the scout to search for young players only, you do get more 'good young players' from him I find, but when you get him to scout for any aged players you still get the best youngsters in the search anyway. It just helps when you are a team for Man Utd who don't really need to search for good older players when they can buy and also already have some of the best players in the world. Just saves searching through players that might be a bit unnecessary to scout really. :)

Archived