FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Thanks for the comments guys, but the only part of that season I'm proud of is the World Cup, I was frustrated throughout the season with Manchester United. I think I got a little bit of luck in the end, especially in the league.

Nice post Jimmy.. great season there. Whats your current first 11?

Foster
Evra Ferdinand Vidic Neville
   Hargreaves Anderson
Ronaldo              Walcott
      Rooney Aguero

Thats what my usual 1st XI, with Nani and Tevez rotated with Ronaldo/Walcott and Rooney/Aguero respectively.

As for the two new signings, they are not good enough and never will be on 9.0.1/2 patches so don't bother buying them, as Gra said.

And a young CB... Fazio? Jonny Evans? Cheillini or Albiol aswell are great.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the comments guys, but the only part of that season I'm proud of is the World Cup, I was frustrated throughout the season with Manchester United. I think I got a little bit of luck in the end, especially in the league.

Foster
Evra Ferdinand Vidic Neville
   Hargreaves Anderson
Ronaldo              Walcott
      Rooney Aguero

Thats what my usual 1st XI, with Nani and Tevez rotated with Ronaldo/Walcott and Rooney/Aguero respectively.

As for the two new signings, they are not good enough and never will be on 9.0.1/2 patches so don't bother buying them, as Gra said.

And a young CB... Fazio? Jonny Evans? Cheillini or Albiol aswell are great.

I love my Hargreaves Anderson midfield partnership.

I have a massive problem. Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov all injured for CL semi and last PL games Ronaldo and Berba back for CL final and FA cup final.

Just finished my first season as United

Transfer in 08

Asenjo - 6,75m

Davide Santon - 2,3M

Mamadou Sakho - 4,1M

Henri Saivet - Compensation

Fausto Rossi - Compensation

Tranfers out 08

Manucho - 5,75m Sunderland

Sam Hewson 2.1M QPR

Rafael - Loan

Possebon - Loan

Major Honours

Won the community shield 2-1 Over Portsmouth, had to come from behind to grab the winner. was a frustrating game with David James having the game of his life.

World Club Championship. won 6-0 over LDU de Quito in the final (Rooney scoring all 6)

League Cup: lost to Chelsea in the semifinale after my kids gave their first team a run for their money game finished 3-2 to Chelsea

Won the league quite comfortably with 7 points down to chelsea who finished second

Won both the champions League and the FA Cup 1-0 Over chelsea in both games (Rooney the scorer)

Im quite proud of an excellent year, though I want my team to score more in the next season, had quite a few games finishing 1-0 to us which I want to improve.

Therefor ive decided to sell Fletcher, Carrick, Hargreaves, Park and Berbatov. Im well aware of the negatives by selling so many players and buying new ones.

Transfers in 2009:

Mario Balotelli - 8,25M

Ignacio Camacho - 6,25M

Gonzalo Higuain - 14,25M

Joao Moutinho - 14,25M

Miguel Veloso - 12M

Michael Owen - Free

Nuri Sahin - Free

Still trying to get Mirko Vucinic but hes gonna be expensive since he had a monster year at Roma, and his stats fits perfectly into my system so he will be worth it (hopefully)

Transfers Out 09:

Park - 9,5m Milan

Hargreaves - 20m Inter

Fletcher - 11,25m Tottenham

Carrick - 18,75m Barcelona

Berbatov - 30m Barcelona

My team 4-2-3-1 Formation

Asenjo (Foster)

Santon (Rafael, Neville)

Ferdinand (Evans, Brown)

Vidic (Sakho, Oshea)

Evra (Fabio, Oshea)

Moutinho (Anderson, Sahin, Scholes)

Veloso ( Camacho, Sahin)

Ronaldo (Higuain, Rooney, Nani)

Rooney (Tevez, Higuain)

Nani (Balotelli, Vucinic, Ronaldo)

Vucinic (Rooney, Tevez, Balotelli, Higuain, Owen)

As I said before I Have not signed Vucinic yet but im quite sure its possible to do therefor I`ve included him

Don't sell Carrick or Hargreaves, they are great and English!

Good season other than that though :thup:

I love my Hargreaves Anderson midfield partnership.

I have a massive problem. Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov all injured for CL semi and last PL games Ronaldo and Berba back for CL final and FA cup final.

Hargy and Anderson play well together, their both great performers.

And that is a bit of a prediciment! Do you need to win the lad PL games, you could play Welbeck and co in that game. Maybe play Scholes up top in the Semi, he is a very good finisher.

Don't sell Carrick or Hargreaves, they are great and English!

Good season other than that though :thup:

Hargy and Anderson play well together, their both great performers.

And that is a bit of a prediciment! Do you need to win the lad PL games, you could play Welbeck and co in that game. Maybe play Scholes up top in the Semi, he is a very good finisher.

Yea dont sell Hargreaves or Carrick, Hargreaves is awsome in second season.

Drew first leg at home 1-1 of CL semi against Chelsea with Frazer Cambell and Welbeck uptop.Then i put out reserves against Boro as i needed to win 1 of my last 2 games and won 1-0, so have won the league. Got Berba back so will go him and Cambell up top for second leg. Cambell has really impressed me, i could do with Bojan back from Spurs he jsut won player of the month put i cant recall him.

Really strange things happening in the league on my save. Just past the Jan transfer window in the first season and Everton are 7 pts clear at the top of the league, from me and Chelsea. They are playing amazing, only lost once and drawn 3 all season.

Yakubu hit 22 goals in 19 games in the league but has just moved to Man City for £31.5m, and Yobo went there too for £17.25m. Hopefully now they'll start dropping points, no sign of it yet!

well heres my first update im in 2012 n just sold vidic for 30mil to barca and evra to arsenal for 20mil which is good as there over the 30 age barrier and heres my team at current

gk- akinfeev/asenjo

dl-bale

dc-deigo rocchi (regen)

dc-micah richards

dr-santon

mc-anderson/messi bought for 35mil release clause.

mc-veloso/camancho

amr-ronaldo

aml-silva

rooney

saviet/balotelli

sold tevez to real for 31mil...nani to villa 25mil--rio to chelsea.... carrick man city £18.25m.... berbatov to spurs £8mil... campbell to newcastle 10mil moutinho sold for 12mil to roma ....hargreaves to atl madrid 16mil... danny simpson 5.5mil to newcastle... flcteher to boro 10mil... oshea cletic 5mil...brown to genoa 5,75mil....park ji sung to lyon 4.7..foster for 1,7 mil to man city..kuzcask to bremen 4mil..

bought saivet...bale silva messi santon douglas costa..alex texeria..baxter...akinfeev asenjo..fleck..moutinho (sold to roma same price)veloso balotellli camoncho galvan pjanic and soke regens aswell..

since 2008/09 won 2 prem titles...2 euro champ league also lost in final to madrid...fa cup twice euro super cuptwice world club champ twice..leageu cup once and charity sheild 3 times...

best result 7-1 against wigan

highest attendance 99990 v newcastle

Really strange things happening in the league on my save. Just past the Jan transfer window in the first season and Everton are 7 pts clear at the top of the league, from me and Chelsea. They are playing amazing, only lost once and drawn 3 all season.

Yakubu hit 22 goals in 19 games in the league but has just moved to Man City for £31.5m, and Yobo went there too for £17.25m. Hopefully now they'll start dropping points, no sign of it yet!

Everton were 2nd behind me in the 2nd season and they sold Afro man. Newcastle got relegated and The scousers finished 7th both seasons.

End of season report to come later.

Finally managed to get Vucinic after a whole summer of praising and negotiations with Roma, he costs me 24m. Now I just hope all my summer buys can slot together quickly
I like Vucinic a lot as well, but I don't want to pay too much for anyone. Either him or Benzema I'm hoping to sign.
Nicolas N'Koulou? Depends what PA he has worth scouting though.
How about Rodwell for a young DC? I'm pretty tempted to sign him on mine.

And why are you around, Hopey? Waiting to see how Benzema gets on at United after my bumming unsettles him and I get him on the cheap? ;)

Not really sure how that works then.

I've got striker problems now. Rooney, Owen and Campbell are all injured for at least a month, so it's hobson's choice with Tevez and Berbatov up front really, although Balotelli has been doing well in the CL games and I've got plenty of wingers so could put Ronaldo up front if needbe.

Urgh, it gets worse. Unbelievably worse.

My next game was West Ham at home. Within 10 minutes Tevez gets a knock to the head so I take him off straight away for Balotelli, who immediately picks up a groin injury. I leave him until half time as we went 1-0 up just before the break with a Veloso FK and replace him with Marcelo and put Ronaldo upfront. Then Nani also gets a green injury in the 55th minute, so he goes off for Rafael. With less than 10 minutes to go Veloso gets a green injury, so I take him off as (amazingly) Berbatov had put us 2-0 up. Ridiculous.

Anyone care to guess how long each of them are out for?

Unlucky on the injury front mate!

----------------------------------------

Just had probably one of my most enjoyable seasons on FM ever. Edge of your seat stuff. After playing one season to check the game out, I started a fresh save as my long term one.

Firstly, in the league it came down to the last game. Tied on points with Chelsea and I had a better goal difference by +2. They were home to Stoke and I was away at Bolton. After 77mins we were both tied at 0-0, only for Berbatov to pop up with a header! 1-0. Then Bolton hit the bar in the 80th minute but we held out for the 1-0 and Chelsea ended up drawing.

Champions league final, we got there on away goals with an 87th minute goal from Rooney against Chelsea in the Semi's and Real Madrid awaited us in the final. Half-time, dominated the first half and Ronaldo had given us a 1-0 lead. Second half went the same way until who else but Van Nistelrooy scored against the run of play, 1-1. We went to extra time, brought on Tevez... 121 mins 37 seconds on the clock when a scholes through ball finds Tevez.. who cooly slots past Casillas!!!!! 2-1 Man United.

Champions league winners twice in a row :D

The cups didnt go so well, lost 3-2 in extra time to Newcastle in the league cup and 1-0 to them again in the FA Cup!

Berbatov got 24 goals in 33(10) appearances.

Just wondering if you guys can tell me how good Anderson is? or hwo bad even lol. I just got him on a free transfer for my Getafe side and he looks really good apart from his finishing stat is only 9. Its the start of the 6th season but who ever plays AMC seems to get some bad ratings for my side. Was just wondering do you guys keep him and if so is he any good, if he doesnt perform for me I suppose I could make a big profit on him. Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if you guys can tell me how good Anderson is? or hwo bad even lol. I just got him on a free transfer for my Getafe side and he looks really good apart from his finishing stat is only 9. Its the start of the 6th season but who ever plays AMC seems to get some bad ratings for my side. Was just wondering do you guys keep him and if so is he any good, if he doesnt perform for me I suppose I could make a big profit on him. Thanks in advance.
Anyone playing at AMC usually get bad ratings. It should be fixed for the 9.0.3 patch at the end of January.
Unlucky on the injury front mate!

----------------------------------------

Just had probably one of my most enjoyable seasons on FM ever. Edge of your seat stuff. After playing one season to check the game out, I started a fresh save as my long term one.

Firstly, in the league it came down to the last game. Tied on points with Chelsea and I had a better goal difference by +2. They were home to Stoke and I was away at Bolton. After 77mins we were both tied at 0-0, only for Berbatov to pop up with a header! 1-0. Then Bolton hit the bar in the 80th minute but we held out for the 1-0 and Chelsea ended up drawing.

Champions league final, we got there on away goals with an 87th minute goal from Rooney against Chelsea in the Semi's and Real Madrid awaited us in the final. Half-time, dominated the first half and Ronaldo had given us a 1-0 lead. Second half went the same way until who else but Van Nistelrooy scored against the run of play, 1-1. We went to extra time, brought on Tevez... 121 mins 37 seconds on the clock when a scholes through ball finds Tevez.. who cooly slots past Casillas!!!!! 2-1 Man United.

Champions league winners twice in a row :D

The cups didnt go so well, lost 3-2 in extra time to Newcastle in the league cup and 1-0 to them again in the FA Cup!

Berbatov got 24 goals in 33(10) appearances.

Sounds like a good season. And you clearly got the reward for not selling Tevez to Real Madrid at the start of the season like a lot of people do. Newcastle are doing quite well on my game and finished 5th in the first season. Also, I'm quite tempted to get Ruud back while I drive down Benzema's price.

And why are you around, Hopey? Waiting to see how Benzema gets on at United after my bumming unsettles him and I get him on the cheap? ;)

Didn't know you were after Benzema on your save, threads are not inclusion to just Man Utd managers you know, any one can post provided it's helpful which mine always are naturally. ;)

How much is Benzema valued on your save? For my Lyon one he is rated at £40 Million due to his performances for me over the first two seasons so far.

He's only at £7.75m on mine, start of the second season. Available for around £20m to buy. If i needed a striker i'd go for him.

Its really nice being able to pick Bojan up on a free at the end of the first season, silly Barcelona. My department upfront is really good now. Rooney, Tevez and Berbs are all scoring and then Campbell, Wellbeck, Bojan, Saivet, Petrucci and Macheda for the future.

End of Second Season Review[/B]

Transfers in 08/09

Di Maria £5.7 mill

Witsel £2 mill

Papadopoulos £1.5 mill

Transfers out 08/09

Lee Martin £2.7 mill

Loans

Transfers In 09/10

Bojan Free

Camacho £9 mill (installments)

Balotelli £25 mill (lots of clauses)

Akinfeev £12.25 mill (mostly installments)

Ljajic £2 mill

Ever Banega £3.5 mill (loaned out for season and have had offers of £15 mill, only got him for profit)

Transfers Out 09/10

Zieler £0.5 mill

O'Shea £8 mill

Fletcher £16 mill

Park £7 mill

Simpson £3mill

Competitions

Premier League

Winners - retained throphy 4 points ahead of Chelsea.

Liverpool 7th :D

Newcastle relegaed

FA cup

Lost in Final to Arsenal 1-0, Almunia is too good.:mad:

Champions League

Winners - retained it after a 3-2 win over Barca - Rooney was awsome despite only 75% condition.

League Cup

Lost first round to City

World Club Cup

Winnners - easily over DC United my feeder club

Super Cup

Winners 1-0 over AC Milan

Also won both reserve and U18 leagues.

Overall a successfull year with a PL and CL double, not as good as last seasons treble with FA cup.

Strange Happenings

Frazier Campbell has become a favoured personell after only 13 games at the end of the season, whereas other like Rooney and Hargreaves have been top performers are not.

Newcastle relegated, Everton 4th, Liverpool 7th

Somthing that annoys me is the UEFA coefficients, I won the Champions league and got 36 points but Liverpool won the UEFA cup and got 37 points. Why do they get more for a worse competition?

Team of the season

Akinfeev

Neville

Rio

Vidic

Evra

Ronaldo

Anderson

Hargreaves

Nani

Rooney

Tevez

Player of the season - Pure quality Ronaldo best average rating and got many late winners, closely followed by Nani my top assister.

Most improved - Hargreaves was average in first season but is one of first names on team sheet now also most consistant players.

Top Scorer - Rooney (Tevez would have been but was unlucky with injuries)

Targets

Win everything:D (want League Cup havnt won it yet)

Transfer Targets

Striker - Possibly Berba out, mabye Benzema and mabye RVN or others

Any one else that catches my eye.

:thup:

Edit: Just got Old Trafford expaneded to 100,000 and a new £110,000 p/w contract

Tevez for 2 weeks, Nani for 3 weeks and Veloso for a month. Luckily Balotelli wasn't injured as I've only got him and Berbatov upfront now, but will probably use Ronaldo with Berbatov for the moment.

I would probably use Ronaldo up top like you say and if that leaves you short for wingers use Balotelli there.

All out for 1 month?

What stage if the season are you at?

Has any one else tried to sign Giggs and VDS as coaches they ask for massive wages.

Still can't belive the Campbell thing.

I had that problem with VDS, just let him retire and then offer them contracts after their playing careers are over completely.

Great season mate. I wouldnt lose face in Berbs though.. once you get his instructions right and he fits in he scores loads, was only a goal behind Ronaldo last season.

I have lost faith in him at the end of the 2nd season. There are better players out there that will fit in with my tactics better. I have managed to unsettle Ibrah by constantly offering 100m so the board accept, he is annoyed that the management keep accepting offers for him! Now I can get him for a small 62m... hmm..

Anyone bought Ashley Young? irl i think he could definatly cut it at United but in game im not so sure.

I would of gotten him if I never got Walcott, very solid performer over the 2 seasons played at Villa in the game, I'm suprised no other teams have gone in for him. Would deffinately be a great player for United IRL imo.

Yeh i'll get him, thing is it'll only leave me with £10m so i think i'll sell either Fletcher, Carrick or Hargreaves to keep my funds up. Only one of them tend to play in each game so i've no need for all 3.

Difficult to decide who, Fletchers been outstanding for me.

Frazier Campbell is a favoured personnel. After one season of only 13 appearences and 5 goals.

campbellod6.th.png

Why him above players like Hargreaves who has been great or Rooney?

Yeh i'll get him, thing is it'll only leave me with £10m so i think i'll sell either Fletcher, Carrick or Hargreaves to keep my funds up. Only one of them tend to play in each game so i've no need for all 3.

Difficult to decide who, Fletchers been outstanding for me.

Sell Fletcher. Hargreaves is awsome in second season and Carrick is solid.

Fletcher had good 1st season for me but Anderson began to perform and I signed camacho so didn't need Fletcher and I got 16 mill for him.

I've kept Fletcher, he's my first choice alongside Anderson. Hargreaves is passing is only 13 so he doesn't fit my formation so well. My MCd sees lots of the ball and needs to be a good passer.

Hargreaves went to Valencia for £20m, he's 29 in January so im happy to keep the squad average age down.

Right, for the second season my team is as follows..

GK VDS/Foster/Asenjo

DR Brown/Rafael

DL Evra/Fabio

DC Ferdinand/Neville

DC Vidic/J.Evans

MR Ronaldo/Tosic

ML A.Young/Nani/Giggs

MC Fletcher/Carrick

MC Anderson/Scholes

FC Rooney/Tevez

ST Berbatov/Campbell

Then i've signed Bojan, Wilshere, Saivet, Mattock and Santon for the future.

Evra didnt have an injury for the whole of last season, so i thought id be safe at using Fabio as back-up so he could get some experience. Now Evra's injured for 3 months.. and Fabio isn't the most solid in the defensive stats department!! :(

Archived