FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Ah right.. didnt realise he'd be worth that much. What season are you in mate?

Either way then, Pato has age on his side.

I'd go for Ibrahimovic Jimmy. £57m is a good price for him as usually they don't accept anything for him...

Ibrahimovic I have really been impressed with when managing Sweden, really looks the business and would fit in nicely, plus put alot of effort into getting a bid accepted for him. But I really need a consistant prolific goalscorer and Ibrah can be a bit prone to missing one on ones alot. I have played against Pato and Ibrahimovic, Pato with Brazil and Ibrah with Inter, and Pato did look the better finisher. Anyone actually had some experience with him?

On the other hand, I have Aguero and Rooney who are both quick strikers and I'm not sure Pato would bring to the team the kind of extra options Ibrahimovic would considering Berba's being shafted and has publicly told me he hates me :D.

Evra didnt have an injury for the whole of last season, so i thought id be safe at using Fabio as back-up so he could get some experience. Now Evra's injured for 3 months.. and Fabio isn't the most solid in the defensive stats department!! :(

Use Wes Brown and start retraining him at DL, can do the bizzle :thup:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has any one else found that when a player has started to play how you want them to, they get injured? Rooney has finally started playing how i want him to, tweaked his instructions, and just scored four against Arsenal in the semi final 1st leg, 4-4 eduardo scored in the 92nd minute, and is now injured for 3 weeks. Tevez has scored 11 in 22 and has been injured for 2 months and first reserve game back to get him match fit hes back out for another month, so i have a shortage of strikers going into chelsea (PRM), Arsenal (2nd leg CL) and Liverpool (PRM). So im just wondering is it happening to anyone else, are you getting injuries at back points of the season and when the players are playing well?

Okay, last choice to make now, Ibrahimovic is out of the picture unfortunately, so I have two choices. Santa Cruz for 22m, could possibly get it to 20m, or Pato who AC Milan have actually given in and transfer listed him as requested. Asking price is 32m. Berbatov looks like he will hopefully go to Arsenal for 36.5m now.

You could also try Vucinic from Roma, bought him on my game and sofar he scored 12 in 3 games. Hes good at finishing, dribbling, hes quite fast with decent passing and technique Plus he can also play AML if you would need that

Just been offered Cristian Zapata from Udinese for 10,2m. I dont know if i should take him since I allready have Vidic, Ferdinand, Sakho and Evans.

Both are different players Jimmy. I'm sure Pato will bang them in but do you need another quick ST?

RSC would give you another option and looks great tbh.

I was thinking the exact same thing, only thing is, this is probably a rare opportunity to get Pato who I have to admit does look great but probably isn't needed with Aguero in the squad. I have offers and contracts accepted for both now, I'm just waiting for which confirm button I should click :D.

Pato - 32m - 100,000 pw

Santa Cruz - 19.5m - 61,000 pw

Is that not a little expensive for him though? Considering he is 29...

You could also try Vucinic from Roma, bought him on my game and sofar he scored 12 in 3 games. Hes good at finishing, dribbling, hes quite fast with decent passing and technique Plus he can also play AML if you would need that

Just been offered Cristian Zapata from Udinese for 10,2m. I dont know if i should take him since I allready have Vidic, Ferdinand, Sakho and Evans.

I was actually thinking of Vucinic, he does look very good but Roma don't want to sell him to me. Could of possibly used him as a part exchange with Berbatov but Berba rejected Roma anyway.

Zapata is a good player, all depends on how Evans and Sakho have turned out in your game. If one of them is crap get Zapata, if they are both good then you don't need him.

I was thinking the exact same thing, only thing is, this is probably a rare opportunity to get Pato who I have to admit does look great but probably isn't needed with Aguero in the squad. I have offers and contracts accepted for both now, I'm just waiting for which confirm button I should click :D.

Pato - 32m - 100,000 pw

Santa Cruz - 19.5m - 61,000 pw

Is that not a little expensive for him though? Considering he is 29...

I was actually thinking of Vucinic, he does look very good but Roma don't want to sell him to me. Could of possibly used him as a part exchange with Berbatov but Berba rejected Roma anyway.

Zapata is a good player, all depends on how Evans and Sakho have turned out in your game. If one of them is crap get Zapata, if they are both good then you don't need him.

Both have been doing really good. both being touted as potential quality players. Think im gonna delay the transfer for a week to give me extra time to think about it

Season Update - Manchester United - Start of Season 2010/11

Awards

Fans Player of the Season

Ronaldo

Manchester United Best XI

Foster
Evra Vidic Ferdinand Neville
   Hargreaves Anderson
Ronaldo              Walcott
      Rooney Aguero

Subs: van der Sar, Carrick, Nani, Bostock, Tevez, Rafael, Berbatov

Favoured Personel

Tevez, Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney

Regens

This season I have only one promising regen has come through the acadamy and it is this lad:

01032009154920fb2.th.jpg

The rest are complete cack, probably the worse batch I have ever had bar him.

Transfer Market

Well, the big update, the transfer market. Most of you will already know I was looking for a striker, one in particular, yes, Ibrahimovic and I was looking to offload Berbatov, who now by the way, really hates me! Either way, selling Berbatov was vital in my chace for Ibrahimovic due to needing the money that Inter wanted for him after I finally unsettled him by offering 100m time and time again until Zlatan got upset that the management were accepting offers for him. Alais it wasn't to be, the most awkward striker I have ever seen kept rejecting contracts, one was a £51m off from Barcelona! And therefore the Ibrahimovic transfer kept getting delayed and cancelled up to the point where he became happy again which bumped his fee from 57m to 72m and becoming out of reach.

Next I found out Pato was unhappy and it became a toss up between him and my second choice Santa Cruz, eventually choosing Santa Cruz for 19.5m after him signing a new contract had originally boosted his fee to 28m.

01032009155818jb6.th.jpg

Other transfers you will see there are Asenjo for 4m, which I think will prove to be a tidy bit of business, and Benitez who is a young regen keeper my scouts say has great potential, as I needed backup after van der Sar became a coach and Kuszazck left for 5m to Chelsea.

Squad

I am looking forward to this coming season, I have some young players that I am excited about trying out. There are two in particular, Jack Wilshere who is looking a great buy even though the board seem to disagree, and Steve Walker, my young regen winger. He is doing well in training and is improving vastly. Though, unfortunately he is still a little bit slow.

01032009160216yq9.th.jpg

Form

I'm pretty pleased with the start I have made considering I couldn't play any friendlies due to a bug, but they don't seem too unfit, maybe in no small part to the internationals in the summer. City look like they will be a force to reckon with this season after spending £300m in 2 seasons! They held me to a draw in the Champions Cup where I finally took the trophy home for the 2nd time in 3 attempts on penalties.

I lost my 1st game away to Middlesborough 1-0 on the downside but it was a bit unlucky. Just hope we play well in the next match which is Liverpool in Euro. Super Cup.

Premiership Standings

01032009160620ie3.th.jpg

2010/11 Ambitions

Well, the FA Cup has eluded me twice now and I would like to win that one, that is deffinate. I would also like to see my youngsters have a good run in the Carling Cup as I have done very poorly in that competition for the last two seasons. The Premiership might be a bit harder this season as alot of teams have improved bucket loads, the main one as mentioned earlier is City, though that might help me in the fact that Arsenal may not pick up as many wins. Another aim is not to let the Berbatov transfer bite me in the arse! I will aim to keep a cleansheet against him and perhaps cause an injury for him for what he has said about me in the press! Not a nice person.

Ashley Young is awesome, averaging a 7.60 after 9 games. 3 goals and 4 assists. Well happy. Him and Ronaldo on either side is working a treat :)

How much did you pay for Young? I can't get Aston Villa to accept any amount. I really want Agbonlahor as well, he's scored 35 goals in the first season for Villa, making him the top scorer in Europe :|

Hard game

160pj6.th.png

Oh well, if we're having a competition. Touché:

01032009182150qo3.th.jpg

And as for records:

01032009182001ma2.th.jpg

Jimmy: Bad luck with Ibrah, but still a good buy in RSC. Not sure about Pato myself. Some stats like 13 for touch and 14 for finishing and composure worry me a bit. Unsettle Benzema!

As for Young. He's quality IRL but not good enough on the game and won't improve much I'm afraid.

And I love football, because:

1. Wycombe won 2-1 to go 8 points clear IRL.

2. Cardiff beat Arsenal on my game with a 94th minute winner so I'm only 2nd on GD.

3. My team won 2-1 today. I scored the winner and we're up to 6th out of 12!

Oh well, if we're having a competition. Touché:

01032009182150qo3.th.jpg

And as for records:

01032009182001ma2.th.jpg

Jimmy: Bad luck with Ibrah, but still a good buy in RSC. Not sure about Pato myself. Some stats like 13 for touch and 14 for finishing and composure worry me a bit. Unsettle Benzema!

As for Young. He's quality IRL but not good enough on the game and won't improve much I'm afraid.

And I love football, because:

1. Wycombe won 2-1 to go 8 points clear IRL.

2. Cardiff beat Arsenal on my game with a 94th minute winner so I'm only 2nd on GD.

3. My team won 2-1 today. I scored the winner and we're up to 6th out of 12!

In my 16-0 win i made 11 subs at half time, Also i have had some quick goals 35 secs the quickest i think.

Have you ever seen that kind of scoreline IRL?

It happens alot in international games, like Australia against Samo etc

Anyway i have 60 million transfer kitty and Berbatov to sell if i need to who shall i buy, here is my current squad.

squadmd7.th.png

In my 16-0 win i made 11 subs at half time, Also i have had some quick goals 35 secs the quickest i think.

It happens alot in international games, like Australia against Samo etc

Anyway i have 60 million transfer kitty and Berbatov to sell if i need to who shall i buy, here is my current squad.

squadmd7.th.png

Maybe another Left-back as cover for Evra? Maybe Taiwo or Bale?

Quick Q, Long time reader and player, few time poster, but will try and change that.

Ive downloaded a shortlist of youngsters off a website, is there anyway to get one of your scouts to scout that whole shortlist? or do i have to go into each player? as id like the star rating next to each one so i can track their progress.

Thanks

Aaron

Just been offered Klaas Jan Huntelaar in october for 6m after he had handed in a transfer request. Its almost to good a offer to turn down but i allready have, Vucinic, Rooney, Tevez, Balotelli, Higuain, Owen who can play there.

my formation is a 4-2-3-1, But I can use Balotelli, Vucinic and Higuain in the wide roles. I could ofcourse buy Huntelaar and then try and sell him for more in the summer

Has someone won all the cups in the first season ? Because i might be able to do it :D

Won :

Premiership

League Cup

Community Shield

Euro Super Cup

Club World Cup

What i can win :

FA Cup Final : vs 'Boro

Champions League : Semi-Final 1st leg away 2-2 vs Barca

Just been offered Klaas Jan Huntelaar in october for 6m after he had handed in a transfer request. Its almost to good a offer to turn down but i allready have, Vucinic, Rooney, Tevez, Balotelli, Higuain, Owen who can play there.

my formation is a 4-2-3-1, But I can use Balotelli, Vucinic and Higuain in the wide roles. I could ofcourse buy Huntelaar and then try and sell him for more in the summer

Definitely. You really need someone who can hold the ball up to play as a lone ST. He's a quality player and £6m is a bargain. And as it's been said, you can always sell on for a profit.
Quick Q, Long time reader and player, few time poster, but will try and change that.

Ive downloaded a shortlist of youngsters off a website, is there anyway to get one of your scouts to scout that whole shortlist? or do i have to go into each player? as id like the star rating next to each one so i can track their progress.

Thanks

Aaron

No, I think you'll just have to do it manually.
Yea definatly a left back, i have been happy rotating Anderson and Carrick with fairly good results.

And im trying to tempt Benzema.

Any other good left backs?

Well, Benzema isn't a left back, but you could sign him to improve your striker option ;)

Go for Chiellini at left back.

Didn't know you were after Benzema on your save, threads are not inclusion to just Man Utd managers you know, any one can post provided it's helpful which mine always are naturally. ;)

How much is Benzema valued on your save? For my Lyon one he is rated at £40 Million due to his performances for me over the first two seasons so far.

His value is £16.75m at the moment. I refuse to pay over the top for pretty much everyone, so it's just as well I'm now listed in his favoured personnel \o/

And no.4 from my list above: City losing 3-0 :)

He's not a defender. I haven't had good experiences when I've used him there instead of on the wing.

ok will leave him. Don't know who to go for mabye Cristao. Don't want to spend ally as Evra is first choice but I have 71 mill to spend.

I really want Benzema so will offer Berba in excange. He is getting on and isn't too bad but I'd rather have Benzema.

Still can't get rid of Manucho offered him to clubs for 500k but no one wants him.

How much did you pay for Young? I can't get Aston Villa to accept any amount. I really want Agbonlahor as well, he's scored 35 goals in the first season for Villa, making him the top scorer in Europe :|

Sheps - Ashley Young cost £34m. Expensive but i left it until the end of august in the window to get him.

Some really helpful advice in this thread! Asenjo is an absolute legend on my game, he regularly gets ratings of over 7.4 a match. Halfway through second season and my team is:

GK-Asenjo

RB-Rafael/Rafinha

LB-Evra/Chiellini

CB-Vidic

CB-Ferdinand

RM-Ronaldo

LM-Nani/Guardado

CM-Veloso/Camacho

ACM-Aguero

CF-Berbatov/Campbell

CF-Rooney/Agbonlahor

Currently joint-top with Chelski having just beat Arsenal 7-0 at home!

Who is the best left back to replace Evra in about 3 seasons. Money not a problem?

Im in 2010 so by 3 years I mean 2013.

What about Chiellini like I mentioned before? Not many better options and he can play centre half too. But looking for regens is a good shout too, as after 3 seasons there should be some good ones.

Just had a couple of great matches. My 2nd XI beat Wilsa Krakow 6-1 with Rooney scoring a header hat-trick, then I beat Cardiff at home in the league 6-1. Was 2-0 up at half time, went to get a drink and left the game running by mistake. Came back and we were 5-1 up and just in time to see Ronaldo get the 6th from the penalty spot. And Berbatov is scoring again after getting a brace.

What about Chiellini like I mentioned before? Not many better options and he can play centre half too. But looking for regens is a good shout too, as after 3 seasons there should be some good ones.

Just had a couple of great matches. My 2nd XI beat Wilsa Krakow 6-1 with Rooney scoring a header hat-trick, then I beat Cardiff at home in the league 6-1. Was 2-0 up at half time, went to get a drink and left the game running by mistake. Came back and we were 5-1 up and just in time to see Ronaldo get the 6th from the penalty spot. And Berbatov is scoring again after getting a brace.

DL : Criscito and Sakho might be good there for you. Cheillini is he best option imo. Clichy is very very good but will always cost a bomb.

Gra: Sell Berba and get Ibrahimovic or Santa Cruz. Both miles better,

Archived