FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

hey im new to this and i just want to say manchester united has a lot of quality young players rafael, fabio, possebon, danny welbeck, davide petrucci, federico macheade, daniel drinkwater, evandro brandao, febian brandy, magnus wolff eikrem, johhny evans, ben amos this could be your future starting eleven and you only need to buy one more defender and i recommened havard nordveit from arsenal

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Akinfeev is good. If you have Asenjo though, he's surely going to be first choice and £14m is way too much for a reserve keeper.

As for Richards, he's english and plays for your rivals.. will be expensive whatever. He'll be my replacement for Rio in a couple of years.

Having a nightmare in the league in my second season. Currently 6th coming up to Xmas with a staggering 10 draws in the league. Can't see off games no matter how many attempts i have and teams keep scoring in the 85th - 93rd minutes against me. So frustrating.

Having a nightmare in the league in my second season. Currently 6th coming up to Xmas with a staggering 10 draws in the league. Can't see off games no matter how many attempts i have and teams keep scoring in the 85th - 93rd minutes against me. So frustrating.

I know the feeling, are you conceding alot of long range efforts or through balls cutting through your defence? If its long range, have your midfeild close down a little bit more. If its through balls alter your defensive line a little bit deeper.

Rafael was my main RB last season . I prefer him to Brown and Fabio and Possebon played some about 15 gaems i think last season . Reccomend me a LB because i think Joe Mattock wont be good enough and Fiorillo dosent want to come i dont know why :( .

So a GK and a LB plz :) and maybe a DRLC or someone like that so taht i could sell Brown and/or O'Shea .

Its mainly from missed interceptions and long range efforts, i'll have a go at closing down more.. its just they get pulled out of position then, they're already set fairly high. I think i need a seperate tactic to see games out. Might work on one in pre-season next year.

Just beat Man City 2-1 away, who were sitting top which is good. Up to fourth now. Inter Milan in the first knockout round :)

------------------

£15m offer for Fraizer Campbell from Spurs (£5m upfront/£10m over 12mnths) .. Opinions? Im tempted to keep him. Been great at coming on and scoring important goals this season.

hello my first post in this thread, anyway i wanna sell berbatov cus hes sh*t. in the long term i hope to sign balotelli to replace him, but in the meantime i can buy saviola for £3.5m . his stats look pretty good, would he be a good signing for 2 or 3 seaons whilst balotelli develops?? just to let ya know im coming to the end of my first season on patch 9.2.0. thanks.

Dont sell Campbell he is good and develops well.

Lee the Pea, you will be able to get Bojan on a free as he will leave Barca on a free wait untill he is a free agent then sign him. Also Frazier Campbell is good when he comes back. If you want short term mabye RVN could be good.

yeah true berba can be good on right on good instructions, i simply just dont want him . does campbell turn out good then?? i just thought at 3.5 miliion saviola could be a good bit of business. i know its probably been mentioned on here but i aint got time to read through the whole thread.

Ok, so my board gave me an extra £15m. I've bought Arda Turan for £7.5m and Eboue (:D) for £8m. Got £10m left, hopefully be £15m if I can flog Manucho and Park.

Who should I buy? I'm thinking a top-class attacking midfielder - but then Scholes and Anderson's stats are both good - or another good striker. Or maybe even a back-up centre back.

I honestly cannot believe you signed Eboue...

You dont really need anyone, the squad is very strong.

Eboue is a good signing... wht are you on about ?? and to the guy tha was wodering about tosic ... get him ... he is awesome !!

Has the highsest average in my Man U Save and Chelsea save ... he loves the free role

I honestly cannot believe you signed Eboue...

You dont really need anyone, the squad is very strong.

He's not too bad on FM; I tried to sign Maicon and a few other good RB's but failed. Needed someone to compete with Brown and Neville so Eboue fitted the bill.

And I think I'll wait until Jan before signing anyone else. That way I'll know who's playing well and who's not.

I just find him really dirty.. some of his challenges are sickening.

Yeah but that's how Africans are shown how to play :p ha ha and nooo peeps im not being racist before that jumps out lol im south african so i know :p but seriously play him on the midfield on the right and he wouldnt have to make those dirty challenge...plus he useful in games against the top 4 because he gets them really really really wound up :)

My mate told me that sometimes in Africa, they teach the academy players to pass the ball quickly and not hold onto it by lighting the football on fire and making the players play in their feet. What a way teach one touch football eh? I suggested it to my team and they all thought I was crazy :(

Anyway, I've just started the second season on my game, adn the main signing of my summer was Carlos Vela for £25mill. This was accompanied by the sales of Berbs (25m -> Chelsea), Valencia (12m -> Inter), Falcao (8m -> Lyon) and Hargreaves (15m -> Chelsea). Arsenal have offered 18m for Carrick, I don't want to sell him because he's one of my favourite players irl and on this, but thats a lot of money and I've got Diarra who's just immense. I also have a deal in place for Matuidi, a young French version of Carrick, for 8m, but that'll only be confirmed if I sell Carrick, what do you lot think I should do?

Well i am in a lovely position going into my 2nd season, i have Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, Saivet (1st compensation £6m), Welbeck, Campbell, Owen (free) and Bojan (free). Now what should i do with these strikers, i play 2 upfront so who should be loaned, play for the reserves and who should start etc. Thanks in advance

I offered Fiorentina 40M GBP for Montolivo after 50 league games and they have accepted. I took him with the intention to sell him after a season(sort of like a loan :p). But he has done so well for me in the last 10 games that I now want to keep him. 5 goals in 10 games with an Average rating of 7.75. Anyone got any ideas?

Hey peeps, ive set all my training up to 7 stars, but in most departments i only have one coach, does this matter?

Not at all iirc.

Well i am in a lovely position going into my 2nd season, i have Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, Saivet (1st compensation £6m), Welbeck, Campbell, Owen (free) and Bojan (free). Now what should i do with these strikers, i play 2 upfront so who should be loaned, play for the reserves and who should start etc. Thanks in advance

Saivet + Welbeck = Reserves

Bojan = Loaned out

Rooney + Tevez = Starters

Berbs + Campbell = Bench/First team squad

Owen = Get rid you have too many strikers coming through who are better :)

Loan out Bojan and Webeck

Hey peeps, ive set all my training up to 7 stars, but in most departments i only have one coach, does this matter?
All you need is to make sure all the workloads are light.
My mate told me that sometimes in Africa, they teach the academy players to pass the ball quickly and not hold onto it by lighting the football on fire and making the players play in their feet. What a way teach one touch football eh? I suggested it to my team and they all thought I was crazy :(

Anyway, I've just started the second season on my game, adn the main signing of my summer was Carlos Vela for £25mill. This was accompanied by the sales of Berbs (25m -> Chelsea), Valencia (12m -> Inter), Falcao (8m -> Lyon) and Hargreaves (15m -> Chelsea). Arsenal have offered 18m for Carrick, I don't want to sell him because he's one of my favourite players irl and on this, but thats a lot of money and I've got Diarra who's just immense. I also have a deal in place for Matuidi, a young French version of Carrick, for 8m, but that'll only be confirmed if I sell Carrick, what do you lot think I should do?

Playing in their feet? What a novel idea. :p

You could have got more for Valencia and Falcao and you got caught with your pants down with Hargreaves. Not only should you not sell him, but to Chelsea? For £15m? Insanity! Don't even think of selling Carrick, especially not for only £18m and especially not to Arsenal.

Are you doing some sort of challenge where you sell good players to your rivals on the cheap?

ha ha we actualy gave that a go and i would say it was an interesting way to learn but did scare the living day lights out of those whpo had and awful touch lol but we were also made to play football on the beach in the summer when the sand was really hot and we were taught to play with weighted balls

anyways thats enough of me rambling on about an off topic subject so yeah ...

Anybody got Jovetic ?? and where did you play him ??

Archived