FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Guys i just sent Campbell out on loan to Tottenham with a 1.6m fee and they can sign him for 8.5m during the loan. If they offer 8.5m should i accept it then ?

I don't think you will have the choice to reject it if they bid the agreed amount.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you doing some sort of challenge where you sell good players to your rivals on the cheap?

Haha, no I'm selling the players I don't use, and Berb's was utter **** last season so I've been looking to offload him asap, he didn't even compare to the brilliance of Tevez (who is now vice-captain for his terrific efforts :cool:). And Carrick is a no sale then, but I'm still tempted to bring in Matuidi. Hmmm.

But would it be a good deal if they would buy him ? I havent accepted the loan offer yet .

No Campbell is quality, just go to the offer and set the later fee as none set then set the loan fee as 1-2 mill. If you want to loan him

But would it be a good deal if they would buy him ? I havent accepted the loan offer yet .

I personally wouldn't sell him for that much. He scores alot of goals. In my 3rd season, he has 4 caps for England with 2 goals and 12 for me in 15(8).

Not at all iirc.

Saivet + Welbeck = Reserves

Bojan = Loaned out

Rooney + Tevez = Starters

Berbs + Campbell = Bench/First team squad

Owen = Get rid you have too many strikers coming through who are better :)

Thanks for replying, i think im going to keep saivet and welbeck in the reserves to keep my training. Bojan and Campbell i will see the quality of the teams coming in for them to loan them out. And have my four strikers of rooney, tevez, berbatov and owen in that order until i feel campbell and bojan are good enough to be involved.

If he plays his 50th game you will definitely pay for it, even if it bankrupts you. You have enough money anyway otherwise the board would have blocked the move. Just don't spend any money until he plays his 50th game.

Last questions for today lol .

I got Sakho for 10.75m and now who should i sell Wes Brown or John O'Shea . I'm thinking to sell Brown but not sure .

And about Berbatov . If you have sold him when did you sell him and how much you got for him ?

I sold O'Shea but gave me a problem at LB with Fabio on loan, if Evra gets injured i only have an 18 year old Italian regen.

But i think Brown is a better player so wouldnt sell him.

I have kept Berba he is good back up, i might sell him at the end of the season as he is getting older so his value dropping then bring in Benzema is i can unsettle him.

Last questions for today lol .

I got Sakho for 10.75m and now who should i sell Wes Brown or John O'Shea . I'm thinking to sell Brown but not sure .

And about Berbatov . If you have sold him when did you sell him and how much you got for him ?

I was in the same position when i signed sakho. Depending on what positions you have strength in i would get rid of O'Shea, this is because Sakho can act as a LB as well as CB and O'Shea is a DRLC (i think) but you have rafael and neville, and if you kept Brown you would have a spare RB for when Neville retires.

As for Berbatov, i sold him to Inter Milan for £38million

Brown is a quality defender on the 9.2.0 patch, helped me out when i had only 4 defenders in Rafeal, Brown, Evans and Vidic, can play RB and CB easily and im sure I read in here some where some one said he can make a decent LB if retrained there.

Campbell just played upfront instead of berbatov agaisnt CSKA Moscow in a friendly and scored a hat-trick and got a rating of 9.2, i think i might keep him in my squad!

He's a really good player, i can't wait for him to come back from spurs in my season.

Just had an offer from Real Madrid to buy Evra for £31m! I seriously think that something is wrong with the transfer system in this game, but I'm not copmplaining if I can sell Fletcher for nearly £30m to Citeh! lol

Whats wrong with £ 31 million for Evra he is world class.

Ben Foster is such a class keeper, on mine Real Madrid want him, so anyone thinking about getting rid of him dont, hes awesome from about half way through the first season if you give him a few matches, but remember keepers are best in their 30s so i cant wait till hes 30 :D

Ben Foster is such a class keeper, on mine Real Madrid want him, so anyone thinking about getting rid of him dont, hes awesome from about half way through the first season if you give him a few matches, but remember keepers are best in their 30s so i cant wait till hes 30 :D

I have Akinfeev (current first choice), Asenjo, Foster.

Foster is Unhappy at not being first choice, what shall i do who should i sell?

Well I have Foster, Van Der Sar and a Regen who looks promising, and foster has been a rock for me, however if u feel Akinfeev is performing better keep him as number one. What you could do if loan out either Asenjo or Foster, this could achieve happiness in your squad, as you dont want an unhappy player and when they come back they could have improved giving you 3 top class keepers OR you could loan out one of them, increasing their value, as they are playing regular and then sell them.

Well I have Foster, Van Der Sar and a Regen who looks promising, and foster has been a rock for me, however if u feel Akinfeev is performing better keep him as number one. What you could do if loan out either Asenjo or Foster, this could achieve happiness in your squad, as you dont want an unhappy player and when they come back they could have improved giving you 3 top class keepers OR you could loan out one of them, increasing their value, as they are playing regular and then sell them.

I think i will loan out Asenjo in January he is the youngest so needs more games for his progression

Whats the lowest somebody has got the debt down to so far?

I was wondering if it was possible to get rid of it all, can i pay of a massive chunk all at once to reduce interest as i have so much spare cash in the bank.

Current debt is £660m

You should be able to pay off chunks as thats what would happen in reality.

Jack Wilshere cant agree a contract with the Gooners so i went to sign him and we wont join as a Hot prospect or Back up.

If i set it as rotation he wants 54k per week. Thats massive.

Should i offer it to him as there will be no transfer fee so i can offer more wages?

You should be able to pay off chunks as thats what would happen in reality.

Jack Wilshere cant agree a contract with the Gooners so i went to sign him and we wont join as a Hot prospect or Back up.

If i set it as rotation he wants 54k per week. Thats massive.

Should i offer it to him as there will be no transfer fee so i can offer more wages?

Thats insane amount of wages for a rotation player imo. Just offer him a reasonable amount wage with a decent signing on fee and see what happens.

Thats insane amount of wages for a rotation player imo. Just offer him a reasonable amount wage with a decent signing on fee and see what happens.

He just rejects saying he is progressing well at his current club.

He is on a month to month contract there,

i will keep praising him see if he will come for less.

Sell O'Shea. NEVER sell Brown. Btw I just sold Brown for £20m.

;)

You sold Brown :(

I was in the same position when i signed sakho. Depending on what positions you have strength in i would get rid of O'Shea, this is because Sakho can act as a LB as well as CB and O'Shea is a DRLC (i think) but you have rafael and neville, and if you kept Brown you would have a spare RB for when Neville retires.

As for Berbatov, i sold him to Inter Milan for £38million

Berbatov - £36.5m to Arsenal, where he is playing rarely and scoring no goals :)

He rejected a contract from Barca after a £51m bid :(

Replaced him with Santa Cruz after failing to get Ibrahimovic and he is top quality.

He just rejects saying he is progressing well at his current club.

He is on a month to month contract there,

i will keep praising him see if he will come for less.

Be careful he might sign a new contract eventually. Although, if he doesn't and gets released or leaves the club, his wages will drop significantly. He is though very very good on my save 3rd season, not too far from Anderson!

What's wrong with Hargreaves. Plays every game fir me and England 7 rating every game. You can't go wrong. He's great
I was going to say, one of Manchester United's best positions is MCd unless you play with two defensive midfielders. I have Veloso who is very good but rarely gets a game due to Hargreaves and Carrick's consistency.

Ben Foster has become unhappy and wants a new challenge at the end of the second season for me, after interest from Barcelona. He was my number 1 last season.. i can't understand it.

Anyone else had this problem?

Yea just give him a good telling off when he publically announces he is unhappy and he says sorry and becomes happy

Just realished how good the current Man United squad is.

I'm 2/3 through the 3rd season and the only player that is not a current player is Akinfeev even there Foster can do a good job.

Pretty impressive no areas need immidiate strengthening mabye RB but Nev is playing well for me

Im just starting my 3rd season and im in the same situation.. just havent needed to spend money yet. My only big spend was Ashley Young, although Nani keeps him out of the team at the moment.

Team for the third season..

GK Foster/Asenjo

DR Rafael/Neville

DL Evra/Fabio

DC Ferdinand/Evans

DC Vidic/Brown

MC Fletcher/Carrick

MC Anderson/Possebon

AMR Ronaldo/Bojan

AML Nani/A.Young

ST Rooney/F.Campbell

ST Tevez/Berbatov

I'm in the 3rd season and have strengthened the squad with a few players, but I wouldn't say its majorly needed. Its nice to make a team your own though, even if the spine is original squad.

Now, this is the man who has put my international manager's job in serious risk:

01052009000227nx0.th.jpg

Now... I send my scouts to Holland and Spain looking for youngsters every year, how did my scouts miss him, he is absolutely fantastic. This version of the game really does churn out some decent regens from what I have seen, I don't know if I have just been very lucky (or in this case unlucky) or if everyone is getting their share of promising regens, but really he is... W.O.W.

Bojan in right wing. You retrain him?

My 1st 11 is

Akinfeev

Neville

Rio

Vidic

Evra

Ronaldo

Carrick/Anderson

Nani

Rooney

Tevez

Only the MCa I'm not 100% sure

I have lots on loan

Bojan Camacho Welbeck Rafael Fabio Possebon Banega

Oh and Scholes is my super sub he is great at it.

My biggest spend was Balotelli for the future.

I'm in the 3rd season and have strengthened the squad with a few players, but I wouldn't say its majorly needed. Its nice to make a team your own though, even if the spine is original squad.

Now, this is the man who has put my international manager's job in serious risk:

01052009000227nx0.th.jpg

Now... I send my scouts to Holland and Spain looking for youngsters every year, how did my scouts miss him, he is absolutely fantastic. This version of the game really does churn out some decent regens from what I have seen, I don't know if I have just been very lucky (or in this case unlucky) or if everyone is getting their share of promising regens, but really he is... W.O.W.

That regen is amazing. Haven't seen any like that on my game yet, although i've got an incredible CM thats come through my youth system who's 18 now.

01052009000227nx0.th.jpg

lol he is short, but indeed very good. :)

Archived