FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He looks pretty good reilly, good find that. I haven't really found any well developed regens on my game yet .. 3 and a half seasons in.

If you look you will find some im sure.

Scout Spain, Italy and Holland.

Theres plenty about with high potential but none of them seem to be showing it yet.

Im really getting the best out of Rooney and Tevez now, they are lethal in attack. Playing a high tempo, direct 4-2-2-2. Berbatov is too slow for it and Campbell is now 3rd choice upfront so its probably going to be his last season with me.

Finally managed to unsettle Balotelli and get him transfer listed by request, he's joinning in the January for £18m.

Then, reluctnatly, i've agreed to sell Berbatov for £20m. He doesn't suit my style of play and has had a bad 12 months so its time to cash in on him i think.

I`ve run into a problem. Sofar this season have been even better then the last one, Im currently in march and still in every cup competition, having allready won community shield, super cup and world club championship aswell as almost having wrapped up the league ( 15 points infront of arsenal) and 10 games to go, but since january my assistant manager keep telling me in his ingame feedbacks "quite a few of the players are causing concerns in struggling to appear motivated to play for you"

I`ve no ideer why this have happend. The team havent lost a game at all this season, all my first team is getting his fair share of games.

Made 2 team setups, 1 first team and a second team. both almost equally good. I switch these teams every game, so first game the first team plays the second game the second team plays if you understand. The team moral is excellent couldnt be higher according to the assistent so that cant be it

Anybody know how to fix this since its frustrating

Edit: he now also tells me

1: it is a concern that the team looked over-confident and too relaxed during warm-up

2: The recent fine form have show is unfortunately spreading a false confidence that they can just turn up and win today

squad average age is 22 if that could be a help

I`ve run into a problem. Sofar this season have been even better then the last one, Im currently in march and still in every cup competition, having allready won community shield, super cup and world club championship aswell as almost having wrapped up the league ( 15 points infront of arsenal) and 10 games to go, but since january my assistant manager keep telling me in his ingame feedbacks "quite a few of the players are causing concerns in struggling to appear motivated to play for you"

I`ve no ideer why this have happend. The team havent lost a game at all this season, all my first team is getting his fair share of games.

Made 2 team setups, 1 first team and a second team. both almost equally good. I switch these teams every game, so first game the first team plays the second game the second team plays if you understand. The team moral is excellent couldnt be higher according to the assistent so that cant be it

Anybody know how to fix this since its frustrating

Edit: he now also tells me

1: it is a concern that the team looked over-confident and too relaxed during warm-up

2: The recent fine form have show is unfortunately spreading a false confidence that they can just turn up and win today

squad average age is 22 if that could be a help

maybe they are bored of not losing and winning everything..

the block from real who use to be with man u.. but expensive. if not. i offered the job to muelsteen and his stats rocketed in the first season.. and is now a 7 star coach.

Pako Ayestaran is also a decent assistant manager

Ben Foster is such a class keeper, on mine Real Madrid want him, so anyone thinking about getting rid of him dont, hes awesome from about half way through the first season if you give him a few matches, but remember keepers are best in their 30s so i cant wait till hes 30 :D

He's littlemore than average for me. First choice but only because VDS' stats are declining. Funny thing is, VDS still does better than him. But I'll stick with Foster as long as he doesn't **** up massively even if VDS keeps clean sheets regularly.

Also, reillyg, sell Akinfeev. He's not great tbh. Ansejo looks pretty decent even if the top 3 goalkeeping stats aren't particularly great for him. I'm looking to buy him though. I don't see any other good goalkeepers other than him and Lloris that I can realistically buy. And Llrois would be expensive.

He's littlemore than average for me. First choice but only because VDS' stats are declining. Funny thing is, VDS still does better than him. But I'll stick with Foster as long as he doesn't **** up massively even if VDS keeps clean sheets regularly.

Also, reillyg, sell Akinfeev. He's not great tbh. Ansejo looks pretty decent even if the top 3 goalkeeping stats aren't particularly great for him. I'm looking to buy him though. I don't see any other good goalkeepers other than him and Lloris that I can realistically buy. And Llrois would be expensive.

awesome gk.. im not 100% sure but his stats for last year was something like

played 57

conceeded 21

clean sheets 38

i will double check when i get home

Quick question. How good are City on your saves, they are currently 2nd in the league on mine and they have just hired Clement, some Spanish manager. He has just agreed deals to sign Pato (40+m) who was transfer listed by request, Messi for 66m (Min fee release was 45m so hes stupid) and brace yourself for this one, Kaka for a mind boggling £93m.

Quick question. How good are City on your saves, they are currently 2nd in the league on mine and they have just hired Clement, some Spanish manager. He has just agreed deals to sign Pato (40+m) who was transfer listed by request, Messi for 66m (Min fee release was 45m so hes stupid) and brace yourself for this one, Kaka for a mind boggling £93m.

Christ, they have been 2nd, and 3rd on mine but are 8th half way through 3rd season.

They have Zhirkov, Gago, Hamsik, Srna thats about it and Afro man (Fellaini)

wow. thats alot of money

Jimmy, City won the league in my second season.. they were incredible. Finished with 90+ points. Not doing so well this season though, 5th at the end of Jan. They have players like Srna, Hamsik, Montolivio, Zhirkov, Tymoschuk, Kuzmanovic, A.Sanchez, etc. Crazy money although the signings they've made in your game are pretty scary !!

And reilly, i got Moniz. He has low adaptability but his other stats are awesome, more than make up for it. Meulensteen didnt want the job when i offered it to him.

In my game Man City doesn't play well, their best pos is 5th, although they buy a lot of good players: Santa Cruz, Zhirkov, Cuellar, Palombo( Man city always buy in every game), Joao Moutinho, Foti. I don't know why they have so much money like that. Crazy!!!

Guys how big is the debt when you start as Man Utd ? Mine is 674m atm and have you guys sold Danny Simpson of so then for how much ?

I have changed the debt in Data Editor so I haven't met this trouble. I think it make me crazy with low balance, so i clean the debt.

I slod Simson for 6M Euro, may be it's too cheap but i really don't need him, although my assist said that he is a decent player

Well Ben Foster has just stated he wants a new challenege due to STUPID real madrid, i won the CL, super cup, community shield and world championship in my first season, HOW can he not have the drive to play for such an awesome club like manchester united. Can anyone recommend a young left back. I have sahko and fabio but i feel fabio will not develop well enough and is more of a AML and sahko is a CB in my mind.

Well Ben Foster has just stated he wants a new challenege due to STUPID real madrid, i won the CL, super cup, community shield and world championship in my first season, HOW can he not have the drive to play for such an awesome club like manchester united. Can anyone recommend a young left back. I have sahko and fabio but i feel fabio will not develop well enough and is more of a AML and sahko is a CB in my mind.

Because you won everything so now he want new challenger from other club( I think so), try to give him a new contract. If he doesn't want, set an high asking price for him, at least you will get money enough to buy another great GK.

Try joe mattock ( i'm very proud of him, young, talent and cheap). Another is vasco reghini , or kozralov from Lazio

Mattock and Kolarov are good options as young understudies to Evra. Criscito is good but doesn't have very high crossing or dribbling which concerns me. He seems to have bloody good passing and creativity though so maybe he could be retrained there as well? He's not a CB though, his jumping is too low. Chiellini is more a replacement for Evra which you don't need. Don't buy Chiellini unless Evra is somehow prised from your grasp. And I may buy Wilshere for £3m, even if his attributes are declining.

i got him for £3.3 mill, hes looking good but my board decided his signing was an abberation... wasnt exactly the highest fee ive paid... whihc is £35mill by the way, wish i got ballotelli first season instead of third :p

Archived