FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Evon: I never thought of Criscito as an MCd, he looks like he'd be perfect there. I have enough for that position though so he'll stay as a defensive DL for me, I usually play him when I don't want Evra running up into the opposition's box.

As for Wilshere, he can be brilliant, here's my 19 yr old Wilshere:

01052009193249qy0.th.jpg

And this is Man City's current team, wierd formation but shows their quality.

01052009193541ii6.th.jpg

I am playing them away before January's end and I have to admit, I'm pretty scared of the result.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evon: I never thought of Criscito as an MCd, he looks like he'd be perfect there. I have enough for that position though so he'll stay as a defensive DL for me, I usually play him when I don't want Evra running up into the opposition's box.

As for Wilshere, he can be brilliant, here's my 19 yr old Wilshere:

01052009193249qy0.th.jpg

And this is Man City's current team, wierd formation but shows their quality.

01052009193541ii6.th.jpg

I am playing them away before January's end and I have to admit, I'm pretty scared of the result.

Wilshere looks like he is coming along nicely Jimmy. And :eek: at that City side. It is fb.

I'm in 15/16 loan debt of £540 and have a constant battle every season with arsenal and city, chelsea and liverpool are nowhere to be seen!

I am the 2nd richest club in the world, £150m for transfers and £2m for wages

Squad-

Ochoa/Asenjo

Santone

Vidic/sakho

Al-Multairi

Evra/ De Wit

Nani/messi

ronaldo/walcott

camucho/carrick

anderson/ekici

rooney/balotelli

tevez/toussaint

I havent spent masses of money except messi (41m) total spent (176m)

Has anyone sold Nani at all during their game or does anyone know if he grows into a top player? Its just that i'm in my first season and have just reached the Jan transfer window.......Chelski came along with a £12mil offer for Nani. I'd no plans to sell him so just whacked a £30mil price tag on his head to scare Chelski away.....it worked a treat. Now though Arsenal have come sniffing around with a £15mil bid, i said no and but to my surprise Arsene and his young gunners came back with a £30 mil cash offer!!!

Nani's not a regular for me...... been rotating with Ronaldo, Giggs, Tosic & Arshavin!! I dont know what to do!!?

Nani won Champions League player of the season for me in 2nd season.

Have had 30 mill bids but rejected.

He is first choice I have Di Maria and Witsel as back up and Balotelli.

Berba is 3rd choice for mr behind the Ugly ones. Does a good job though.

Cheers guys thats all i needed to hear!!

Also how are people getting on with Berba? I cant find a settled position for him, he's scoring on average every 3/4games but is assisting on a regular basis....

Berbatov does really well if you employ a system that fits him and give him very specific instructions, in the second season he scored 24 goals in 33 games for me.. that was after a lot of trial and improvement in the first season though, but then i changed system and he just didnt fit.

Jimmy, City won the league in my second season.. they were incredible. Finished with 90+ points. Not doing so well this season though, 5th at the end of Jan. They have players like Srna, Hamsik, Montolivio, Zhirkov, Tymoschuk, Kuzmanovic, A.Sanchez, etc. Crazy money although the signings they've made in your game are pretty scary !!

And reilly, i got Moniz. He has low adaptability but his other stats are awesome, more than make up for it. Meulensteen didnt want the job when i offered it to him.

Meulensteen has got this (which i think is pretty good)

Attacking 16

Technical 19

Working with Youngsters 19

Adaptability 19

Determination 16

Judging Potential 20

Discipline 18

Motivatin 16

Tactical Knowledge 18

Christ, they have been 2nd, and 3rd on mine but are 8th half way through 3rd season.

They have Zhirkov, Gago, Hamsik, Srna thats about it and Afro man (Fellaini)

they have brought on my game.

Season 1 start

Carrick 35

Fletcher 25

Foster 17

Hargreaves 33

Season 1 Jan

Berbatov 40

Zhirkov 12.5

Castillo 10

Cahill 21

Palacio 25.5

Lescott 14

Jonhsen 14.5

Total 248

Season 2 Start

moutinho 25

veloso 25

Chygrnskyi 20

Owen 25

Gomez 36

Corluka 22.5

Total 154

loads of players.. I sold them most of them. Why? cause I wanted to and didnt want the players and could get the money so did. most of them dont even play. hahaha

What year do VDS, Giggs, Nev, Scholes retire for you

VDS and Giggs are retiring in summer 2011 as I don't play them.

But no news on the other 2. Nev is a regular still and Scholes plays 20% of games and is my super sub. He is great at it

Season 3 (2010/11) - Manchester United - January Update

Part 1/2

Form

Well, the only cup I am out of so far is the Carling Cup, I got dumped by Chelsea in the 4th round. The disappointing thing about that was that it was van Basten's first game as Chelsea manager and he got one up over me in a crap game which should of gone my way if I am honest. Overall I am quite disappointed in my overall form, I haven't had many injuries except Santa Cruz has had a couple of month long injuries and short term injuries to key players such as Anderson, Rooney and Aguero. Nothing enough for an excuse for my league position. Also another disappointing result was only drawing to Sheffield United at home in the 4th round of the FA Cup, we dominated the game to an extreme extent but just couldn't hit the back of the net. Not much to comment on the Champions League though, qualified first from my group of CSKA Moscow, Galatasaray and Valencia and drew Marseille in the first KO round. There are some big ties in that competition though including Juventus vs Barcelona, Valencia vs Lyon, AC Milan vs Tottenham and Inter vs Real Madrid, which should be interesting.

Premier League Standings

01062009011802cf9.th.jpg

Players

I have two young players in the form of Guiseppe Di Iorio and Jack Wilshere who have improved fantastically over the half season, just wanted to show you guys their progress.

01062009012045ki6.th.jpg

Di Iorio has gone a long way to pushing Neville out of the starting line up, I think next season he will be my first choice right back as Rafael just isn't keeping up with him.

01062009012216ry4.th.jpg

Jack Wilshere has impressed me this season, he has improved greatly and isn't too far from challenging Anderson for his starting place in the first team, though he isn't quite there yet as Anderson is fantastic. Could do with upping his average match rating, but that should cme as he matures and becomes a little bit more consistant. Deffinately a very promising future for him in both the Manchester United and England Squads.

Part 2/2

Transfer Market

Well to be honest with you I have very little to say about my dealings in the transfer market as I have only had one target whom rejected me. Nevertheless it has been a busy transfer month for the blue half of Manchester which is worth mentioning.

01062009012615fm3.th.jpg

Having signed an amazing trio of Pato, Messi and Kaka, they seem to have screwed themselves over, giving teams, namely Barcelona, enough cash to raid their squad. Alot of those players weren't playing regularly anyhow but they lost very valuable players in Palombo, Rosina and Micah Richards. Still I would still say that they have a fantastic chance of achieving a top 4 finish which such a great squad, especially with Chelsea and Liverpool dropping off of the pace a little bit, I think they mainly just have to fend off Sunderland, Spurs and Everton.

Target

As previously stated I only had one target, a regen whom I discovered when he sank my Sweden team in the ECQ's by scoring 4 goals in a 6-3 thriller vs Holland. I really am not sure how my scouts missed such a gem, he is perfect for my tactic with or without Santa Cruz.

van Kallen:

01062009013354kk3.th.jpg

I would already say he is one of the best strikers on my save, he is fantastic as both a target man or a fast striker. My one worry is that my squad is shying away from its English spine a little bit too much, especially with Neville close to retirement and Ferdinand aging a little bit now. I guess I am going to have to find some areas I can bolster with a couple of Englishmen.

Targets/Thoughts

Well I think my form has been disgraceful, I keep dropping points at stupid places and conceding some bad goals in the latter stages of games or with really terrible mistakes from some defenders. I really need to improve this or get my strikers back on top form so I can kill off games better. This is my main goal as the way I am playing I'm not going to win any competitions.

Aslong as I can get my team back on track I still think I can win the Premiership comfortably as I am still in touching distance of Arsenal and Everton and Tottenham don't really look like they'll embark on a real title challenge, though I could be wrong there.

Having won the Champion's League twice already, I wouldn't be too bothered if it slipped away from me this year, as long as I reach the latter stages atleast, if I win the FA Cup, its the only major English trophy thats evaded me, losing in the World Cup final was worse than losing in the FA Cup final though, I have to admit.

Getting ready for my third season in charge of Manchester United.

The 09/10 season was a successful one, managed to win every competition we entered. Had insanely tense games during the season though, when I think about it, it reminds me of the treble season in 99 with several late comebacks after seemingly being death and buried. an example of this being the champions league semifinale against Arsenal. Managed to get 2-2 at the emirates in the first game thanks to a last gasp equalizer from vucinic after playing 85 minutes 10 men since Vidic got send off in the 3th minute. in the second leg at OT. Arsenal came blitzing out and went 3-0 up within the first 18minutes, a second half hattrick from the super signing Huntelaar (6million arrived in january after being transfer listed by request) and 2 injury time goals by the monster vucinic won me the tie and a date with Bayern Münich in the finale.

The Premier league was never really in danger, the only team who could keep me abit on my toes was arsenal but thanks to a obscure defense, they drew to many stupid games. I have to mention Adebayor and Walcott have been absolut monsters for them this season adebayor scoring an incredible 52 goals in 46 appearances and walcott 26 goals and 33 assists in 41 games as a winger.

At the start of the season I was afraid all my new purchases would need alot of settling time, but boy was I wrong. Moutinho and Veloso took the premier league with storm, they reminded me off Scholes and Keane in their prime, they where class. Vucinic and Balotelli both signings of the season expecially vucinic who ended up scoring 42 goals for me eventhough he had a 3month injury during the season. Thanks to these players class and quick adaptability I managed to go unbeaten in all competitions untill the 37th League game where I lost 3-2 to Liverpool at Anfield. Reina had the game of his life with a rating of 9,2 despite letting in 2 goals. Liverpool scored their 3 goals within the first 12 minutes of the game, at that point I feared the worst but a quick tactic change changed all of that we started to dominate Liverpool and when Reina didnt save our shots the woodwork was in the way. Rooney started the scoring in 79th minute after a brilliant buildup involved the whole team, vidic then scored in the 82th minute on a well struck corner by balotelli, and in the 94th minute vucinic was slaughtered by Carragher in the area and the ref gave us a pen, up steps ronaldo and hammers it over the bar... Frustrating. we ended the match having 42 shots on goal 31 on target liverpool having 4 on goal 3 on target possession 72% 28% to us.

On the transfer front:

Ive identified two amazing regens both central midfielders (1 a fabregas type and the other a gerrard type) my dilemma is I allready have a good young midfield, but can get these two for 8m and 12m and their stats is allready pretty identical with the named comparisons. So I either have to sell 2 of my midfielders to make room for these 2 or let another club snatch them up, since they want first team football.

Atm. i have Moutinho, Veloso, Camacho, Anderson and nuri Sahin fighting for the 2 spots

Ive also bought Maicon for 22m and Marcelo for 17m since neither rafael or fabio have developed well despite getting around 30 matches for the first team last season. Decided to sell Nani to Inter for 45m plus 15m after 10 international games since hes been very injury prone for me sofar so decided to cash in on him and go for Walcott

Transfers in:

Tomas Torres (amazing regen D RLC) 4,2M

Maicon 22M

Marcelo 17M

Federico Laurito 14,25M plus 7,5M after 50 League goals

Deals agreed for

Ariel Veron ( amazing fabregas like regen) 12M

Tony Lopez (amazing gerrard like regen) 8M

still negotiating for Walcott

Transfers out

Owen 13,5M

Nani 60M in total

still have to decide what to do on the midfield situation.

Team for the 10/11 season

Akinfeev/Asenjo

Maicon/Santon/Torres - Ferdinand/Evans/Torres - Vidic/Sakho/Torres - Evra/Marcelo/Torres

Moutinho/Anderson/Sahin/Veron? - Veloso/Camacho/Sahin/Lopez?

Ronaldo/Higuain/Walcott? - Aastrup(regen)/Rooney/Tevez - Vucinic/Balotelli/Walcott?

Huntelaar/Laurito/Vucinic

Here is my team for 2011-2012 season:

GK:Timo Hilderbrand ( going to be repaced by Igor Ankinfyev), Ben Foster.

DC: Fazio,Sakho,Thiago Silva,Vidic(captain)

DR:Mazzarani, O'Shea( have sold Brown to Ath.Madrid for 10M Euro)

DL:Evra, Mattock

MC:Carrick,Owen Hagreaves, Anderson,Freddy Adu, Bolzoni

MR:Ronaldo,Srna, Nani

ML:Di Maria,Nani, Fausto Rossi

ST:Rooney,Cardozo,Tevez,Balotelli,Henri Saivet.

After 1st season I sold Berbatov to RM for 35 M Euro, and after the second I sold Rio to Chelsea at the same price, still winning every competition exepct FA Cup

I know this should go in another thread but you guys know more about united. In pre-season transfer window 10/11, have got 35 mill left in the kitty and was just wondering where I could strengthen. I was thinking of a world class right back as neville is getting on a bit and wasnt sure if Opare was ready for first team yet? Here's a screenshot: http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opareej4.png

Heres a screenie of my current squad and transfers so far: http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadac1.bmp

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transferfl5.png

Wijnaldum, Sakho, Ekici, Assulin and Gutierez (regen) will all be loaned out, or if not put in the reserves. Thanks in advance. If u want any more screenies just ask.

I'd say that right-back isn't quite ready yet to be honest. His positioning and anticipation aren't quite that good yet. A good sign to send a player out on loan is on the coach reports screen. I like to send players out on loan when there 'current stars' are 2 less than their potential stars. So if a player has a 4 star potential, when he has 2 stars in current ability (according to the coach with the best judging PA and CA), send him out on loan. This is also a good time to play him in league cup games, easy FA cup games, champions league group games WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE THE GROUP WRAPPED UP AND WON. If he still 2 stars below his potential rating, playing him in high pressure situations like that when a) you don't have the group won and b) play him in the knockout stages is a bit too early for youngsters in my opinion. Once they are 1 star below their potential, you can start rotating him into easy premier league matches if he is good enough, and more tough champions league matches (again, if he is good enough). If his potential stars never increase from my recommendations here above say 3 stars, it means he will never be good enough and you can sell him on, and if they do increased from say 3 to 4, then it means the coach with the best judging PA and CA was wrong, and you can keep him at your club and he should develop nicely.

I know this should go in another thread but you guys know more about united. In pre-season transfer window 10/11, have got 35 mill left in the kitty and was just wondering where I could strengthen. I was thinking of a world class right back as neville is getting on a bit and wasnt sure if Opare was ready for first team yet? Here's a screenshot: http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opareej4.png

Heres a screenie of my current squad and transfers so far: http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadac1.bmp

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transferfl5.png

Wijnaldum, Sakho, Ekici, Assulin and Gutierez (regen) will all be loaned out, or if not put in the reserves. Thanks in advance. If u want any more screenies just ask.

I foud Neville is still ok at right back for 10/11 as first choice. He has been good for me.

Archived