FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Orlando Regen: Strength, Positioning, Marking and Anticipation a little bit low, hes young so if he has good potential he could increase all of those and become a good find.

Yamanaka: Could do with increasing his strength, I don't think he is much of a Vidic replacement but deffinately a Rio replacement, maybe find a very strong, very areially powerful DC to play beside him :thup:. Oh and hes a merchandiser! :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rafael is looking quite promising on mine, but I'm in the fourth season now and don't really think he will make the grade at United in my opinion. Will just use him as backup I think.

Question. How come when i bid for Tevez at City i get rejected or go into negotiations withe the United board despite them not owning the player?

Also can you sell Tevez while managing United?

Because on FM United own Tevez, otherwise it would be very complicated.

get asenjo. he is top notch. been my no1 from day 1 and he rocks.

Yeah was looking at him can get him for £6.75 mil I presume that's a decent deal then?

Only thing I was looking at his aerial stats weren't great and I think it was his command of area.

Question. How come when i bid for Tevez at City i get rejected or go into negotiations withe the United board despite them not owning the player?

Also can you sell Tevez while managing United?

because si have put him down as a full man utd player. thats why

Yeah was looking at him can get him for £6.75 mil I presume that's a decent deal then?

Only thing I was looking at his aerial stats weren't great and I think it was his command of area.

i dont know what they are on mine, but ill check when i get home. but he has probably around 70% clean sheets in the games he has played in the first season and second. so defo worth it. I paid 7.25m at the start of the game. the min fee.

Just started game last week. transfers so far...

Out Tevez, £37 mil to Real Madrid with roughly another 8mil add ons, Hargreaves to Bayern Munich 12mil, Fabio to Lazio for 4.5mil,

In: Arshavin 13mil, Progrebnyak 7mil, Pepe 14mil

2 days to go to the end of the window - looking for a replacement for Hargreaves. Looking at maybe Tymochuk for 10mil, or maybe De la Red from Real. any suggestions. Suppose if needs must ive got Fletcher

Also brought in John Fleck from rangers, and Henri Saivet as i look to strengthen the squad with younger players. Looking for a good couple of young defenders.

Also, Wes brown - worth keeping or selling?

I thought I would post this hopefully to be of help and to also give a great tactic its credit. I will say right off the top that this is NOT my tactic. I wanted to pass this on and give credit for a great tactic ( my opinion). I have always struggled to find anything that works. If you are having trouble getting Ronaldo and Rooney to score still, take a look at this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2470444#post2470444

With Ronaldo on the right, Giovinco on the left, and Rooney upfront, they are scoring very well for me. I am using the attacking version of this profile and it seems to be working well. It does create great pressure on the defense and is generating a lot of chances. I just posted this in that thread, I am only four games in but having good success so far. These three players have accounted for 10 goals for me during this short run. I have also not conceded any as well.

Just thought I would pass this along, hope it helps someone

Just at the start of my second season in my Man Utd save and I'm not entirely sure what to do with my squad. Main transfers as follows:

Season one

Out

Fletcher (Man City, £30m)

Kuszczak (Man City, £6.5m)

In

Srna (£15m)

Veloso (£10m)

Moutinho (£9.75m)

Frey (£18m)

Season two

Out

Campbell (Spurs, £10m, board intervened)

Park Ji-Sung (Olympique Lyonnais, £8)

In

Giovinco (£12.5m)

Davide Santon (£3.8m)

van der Vaart (£10.5m)

Owen (free)

Bojan (free)

I couldn't resist Owen on a free, nor Bojan, but gave him the remainder of my transfer budget as a signing fee for at least some semblance of realism. I also release van der Sar and Scholes, who were nowhere near good enough to get in the side (yet Scholes signed for Chelsea and just came on as a sub at 85mins to score the winner against me, ha).

This leaves my first team as:

GK: Frey

WBR: Srna

CB: Ferdinand

CD: Vidic

LB: Evra

CM (defensive): Carrick

CM (attacking): Moutinho

AMR: Ronaldo

AML: Nani

ST: Rooney

ST: Owen (keeps scoring, Tevez and Berbatov don't).

Foster isn't happy and I suspect he'll be requesting a transfer any minute, so I'm resigned to losing him in the January window. The problems I have are in midfield, where I've got six players vying for two positions (Moutinho, Carrick, Giovinco, Hargreaves, Anderson and van der Vaart).

Up front it's a similar story, with five (Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Owen and Bojan) competing for two positions.

I don't really know what to do. Hargreaves has attracted the attentions of Olympique Lyonnais and Sevilla, so he could be first on the list to go. Carrick would be next, simply because he's older than the other players. Other than that, I don't really fancy parting with any of them. Is there any way I can keep them all, keep them all happy and keep some consistency in the squad? I'm fearing I'm asking too much there.

Any suggestions on who to play, who to keep, who to sell, anything, greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance.

I would keep Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson and Moutinho for the central midfield positions and maybe try Giovinco on the left of midfield? Unless you have enough players to cover the wide midfield positions as well. Then you would have to let atleast one of them go

I thought I would post this hopefully to be of help and to also give a great tactic its credit. I will say right off the top that this is NOT my tactic. I wanted to pass this on and give credit for a great tactic ( my opinion). I have always struggled to find anything that works. If you are having trouble getting Ronaldo and Rooney to score still, take a look at this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2470444#post2470444

With Ronaldo on the right, Giovinco on the left, and Rooney upfront, they are scoring very well for me. I am using the attacking version of this profile and it seems to be working well. It does create great pressure on the defense and is generating a lot of chances. I just posted this in that thread, I am only four games in but having good success so far. These three players have accounted for 10 goals for me during this short run. I have also not conceded any as well.

Just thought I would pass this along, hope it helps someone

It looks like it would be good except it only allows space for one striker. I absolutely refuse to play only one striker with Man Utd, especially with the talent at my disposal.

Anyway SammySeagull, I would personally sell VDV and Moutinho purely because you really need Hargreaves and Carrick. You have no defensive midfield players apart from Hargreaves and Carrick is the best passer now that you stupidly let Scholes, the legend, go. That and Moutinho is rubbish and VDV is a luxury player. I've just noticed that you have Veloso so in that case play him and you can sell Hargreaves. Also whoever is doing worse out of Tevez and Berbs, sell them.

Shiraz

Didn't you mean this for the screenshot thread? Do you want me to move it in there? Oh never mind he's deleted it. Carry on you guys. :D

I had both threads open and posted it in this one by mistake :D

Who shall i get as a right back?

Inter rejected an offer of £33 million for Santon.

Im about to start 4th season. Any tips would be great.

Also i have £106 million to spend.

Lorenzo De Silvestri or Mickael Chretien does a pretty decent job.

Who shall i get as a right back?

Inter rejected an offer of £33 million for Santon.

Im about to start 4th season. Any tips would be great.

Also i have £106 million to spend.

see how much you can get daniel Opare for now if he is still at Real.

You sold Scholes, i hope you cry yourself to sleep every night.

No, I didn't sell Scholes – it's worse than that. I set his status to "Not needed by club" and offered him mutual termination, which he took for £60k. If that loss from his Chelsea goal means I don't win the league, it'll be the biggest loss of £60k in the history of football.

Just finished my third season in Charge of United. Its been a mixed season with alot of frustrating games, managed to win the league, champions league and the world club championship. Went out to Man City in both the league cup quarter final and the FA Cup. Which was a big big dissapointment.

Have some promising regens comming through.

Execellent AMC/Striker rated to 7 stars by my coaches

2z85lok.jpg

Ariel Veron MC/AMC rated to 6 stars by my coaches

fp8s5x.jpg

Andrew Demetriou MC rated to 6 stars by my coaches

1zob23n.jpg

Tony Lopez DMC/MC rated to 6 stars by my coaches

97mf6a.jpg

Got a few regens I would like to buy since mý scouts keep telling me about them, otherwise I dont plan on doing any major transfers this window, quite happy with the team I have and im certain that all the players who where abit off form this season will find their feet in the next one

No, I didn't sell Scholes – it's worse than that. I set his status to "Not needed by club" and offered him mutual termination, which he took for £60k. If that loss from his Chelsea goal means I don't win the league, it'll be the biggest loss of £60k in the history of football.

That's even worse. Why would you do that?

It should be a criminal offence.

Oh dear god. That really is criminal.

Season 2010/11 (Third Season) - Manchester United - End of Season Review

Major Competitions

Premiership

First and foremost, the Premier League standings:

01102009003459uz8.th.jpg

Well, that was the hardest campagin so far in the Premier League from my point of view, Arsenal were top for around 85-90% of the season but I managed to scrape it in the last few games, they scored 90 points though so that shows how good and consistant they were this season. Annoyiingly, Liverpool managed to snatch a Champion's League spot from Everton on the last day of the season with a better goal difference, I was gutted when I saw it happen. On a plus note though, Chelsea in 10th, all I can do is laugh at that, van Basten has his work cut out this coming season.

FA Cup

Finally, this competition swung in my favour, though in wasn't an easy run. I had two replays within the run, one was to Sheffield Wednesday, shockingly, and another with Burnley the round after. I also had to take the game to Extra Time in the Semi Finals against Arsenal after Fabregas levelled the match in the 85th minute, finally winning with a Tevez goal. 2-1 the final result in that match.

Finally, I played Spurs in the Final:

01102009004211ab4.th.jpg

Amazingly it was a very close game as you can see, but I got the luck early on in the game and held on throughout the second half. Funnily enough, Fletcher scored his first goal against his old club, unfortunately for him it meant nothing.

Champion's League

I said at the start of the season that I wouldn't mind conceding this competition in favour of the FA Cup this year, and to be honest I was wrong. I had a very good run, reaching the Semi Finals of the cup, knocking out teams such as Inter Milan (again) and Marseille before facing Barcelona. The first match was at home in which I scraped out a 2-1 win, which I thought was a decent result at the time. That was of course before I went to play them at the Camp Nou, where they dominated the game and our run in the competition was ended abruptly with a 4-0 hammering. The final was a game against Arsenal in which, to my dismay, they beat Barcelona 1-0 to lift their first Champion's League in their history.

Carling Cup

I put a decent effort into this cup, reaching the 6th round where I was unluckily knocked out by a new face in the Premier League, van Basten, in his first game in charge. Not a bad start for the lad, though it did take him 120 minutes. Spurs were the eventual winners in a great year for them.

Other Competitions

World Club Championship - Winners vs Palmeiras

Community Sheild - Winners vs Man. City

Euro. Super Cup - Winners vs Liverpool

Awards

World Player of the Year

2nd - Ronaldo (3rd year in a row)

World Footballer of the Year

3rd - Ronaldo

European Midfielder of the Year

2nd - Ronaldo

European Dream Team

Starters: Asenjo, Ferdinand, Ronaldo

English Players' Player of the Year

3rd - Anderson

English Players' Young Player of the Year

1st - Di Iorio

2nd - Asenjo

English Players' Premiership Select

Starters: Ferdinand, Ronaldo

Subs: Rooney

Signing of the Season

1st - Santa Cruz

Man. Utd. Best XI

Asenjo
Di Iorio Ferdinand Vidic Evra
     Anderson Veloso
Nani                  Ronaldo
    Santa Cruz Rooney

Manager of the Year

1st - Jimmy Valentine (Me)

Manager's Player of the Season

1st - Rooney - Didn't always start but when he was on the field he always made a massive impact, one game sticks right out at me, 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go against Spurs in the League, he came on and immediately set up Santa Cruz before scoring the equalizer himself. He then set up Santa Cruz again in the last minute for a great finish to the game and a great overall performance from him.

2nd - Santa Cruz - Only scored 19 goals this season but allowed for that extra option with a target man up top. Set up a ton of goals and generally got good ratings in all matches.

3rd - Ronaldo - My top scorer again with 23 goals from the right wing. Don't know why he hasn't won World Player of the Year once yet, he is absolutely world class.

Target's of the Season

Previous Targets

I generally met all of my targets for the season. I signed a big man after getting rid of Berbatov and it was very successful. I won the FA Cup for the first time. I had a strong run in the Carling Cup, won the Premiership and made it to the latter knock out stages of the Champion's League. One disappointing result that comes to mind though is the manner of my exit from the Champion's League, 4-0 against any side, even if it is Barcelona, is not good enough.

I have also been giving some of my youth games in the first team squad ahead of some of my all time favourite Man Utd players, such as Scholes, Giggs and van der Sar. This season it was Di Iorio who was a massive hit and has made the right back spot his own this season. Wilshere had a good run and become a fantastic player. Frazier Champbell and Jonny Evans were two others that were included this season, but sadly they aren't good enough, nor will they be good enough now and therefore will be sold.

New Targets

Its actually the first time I have really felt I can go all the way in all competitions with the squad I have. I will only be satisified this coming season if I win 3 trophies out of the 4, but I will be aiming for the Quadruple. That might sound ambitious but I have van Kallen coming in this season and have a very good mix between youth and experienced players. Plus players like Ronaldo and Rooney are reaching their peaks and will only be better this season.

The youth players I will incorperate into the first team Squad this season will be Ugalde, a great Vidic style DC regen whom looks fantastic now. He will be in place of the out going Evans. Wilshere will be out on loan so Rodney Sneijder can get his chance to impress me. van Kallen, who is an immense regen ST and he can player as the target man or as the support striker, he will be replacing the out going Campbell. Di Iorio has firmly held his spot in the first team and is now my 1st choice starting right back after a great season, which has left me with a bit of a problem. I wanted to give Rafael some games and Neville is yet to retire and is still fantastic. Rafael will probably be sent out on loan though, he doesn't really look good enough yet, especially not good enough to force his way infront of Neville. Steve Walker has been useful this last season aswell, and as wingers is a place in the team in which I lack when there are injuries, he will once again have the chance to prove himself worthy of his time in the First Team Squad.

International Management Update - Sweden - European Championship Qualifiers

As very few managers lost their job in the wake of the World Cup, I decided to take Sweden on until the European Championships. I have had some disappointing results of late, and have made it harder for myself to reach the finals with Holland in top form, but its still easily in my hands.

ECQ Standings

01102009013343qa6.th.jpg

As you can see I could easily still finish in the top 2 of the table, and it is still expected. Holland, though, are incredible and are on a roll, they beat me in Amsterdam 6-3 with van Kallen scoring 4 of the goals on his debut, so they are going to be tough to catch if I am to come 1st in the group.

International Targets 2011/12

Well first of all I aim to qualify from group C and reach the finals, then once we are there I would like to build on what the team acheived in the World Cup and reach a respectable position in the competition, maybe even reach the final once again and perhaps we have a slight chance of winning it.

Either way, for Club and for Country. Roll on 2011/12...

gary neville has just handed in a transfer request cause i sold rafael.. hahaha.

Rafael and Neville hate one another on my save, they were both unhappy almost all of the 2nd season because they disliked each other.

Nice update Jimmy.. Good luck next year!

Any chance of a S.S of your RB and the awesome striker you've got coming in?

Certainly

Ramon van Kallen (ST)

01102009120641qn8.th.jpg

Apparently he still has the potential to improve!

Giuseppe Di Iorio (DR)

01102009120857ne3.th.jpg

And another that is worth the mention, he is improving greatly

Julen Ugalde (DC)

01102009121004vn4.th.jpg

He is still a little bit slow, but not too bad compared to what it was.

And also, Steve Walker (AML/R)

01102009121116pl3.th.jpg

He is also slow, but I have high hopes he will improve. He is from my youth academy so it means alot that he does!

I need help! lol. Steve Mandanda has been my first choice keeper all season. Now that I have the CL and FA Cup finals left to play he gets injured for 1 month. All I have is Asenjo and Kuszczak in the reserves, who do I play? I have one prem game left as well (dead rubber).

I need help! lol. Steve Mandanda has been my first choice keeper all season. Now that I have the CL and FA Cup finals left to play he gets injured for 1 month. All I have is Asenjo and Kuszczak in the reserves, who do I play? I have one prem game left as well (dead rubber).

What season are you in, how has Asenjo developed?

Not sure he is worth 70 million, I got him for 30mill and hasnt impressed that much.

sorry i mean i am selling for 70m to mega bucks man city.

he has been great for me in the last season. got him for 15m and price went upto 36m. man city game in with a bid of 45m altogether. so i thought id see what i can get for him. transfer listed him and they kept bidding and i kept rejecting saying offer was not good enough and then they came in with 70m.. i accepted and the game crashed. gutted as..

he was great though. he played around 56 games. scored 42 goals. rating of 7.6 (around here cant actually remeber as not home) and was top scorer in the league, fa cup, carling cup, champions league. got player of the year. top goalscorer in europe and his ratings seem to have gone up alot but cant remember what they were on when i brought them.

sorry i mean i am selling for 70m to mega bucks man city.

he has been great for me in the last season. got him for 15m and price went upto 36m. man city game in with a bid of 45m altogether. so i thought id see what i can get for him. transfer listed him and they kept bidding and i kept rejecting saying offer was not good enough and then they came in with 70m.. i accepted and the game crashed. gutted as..

he was great though. he played around 56 games. scored 42 goals. rating of 7.6 (around here cant actually remeber as not home) and was top scorer in the league, fa cup, carling cup, champions league. got player of the year. top goalscorer in europe and his ratings seem to have gone up alot but cant remember what they were on when i brought them.

If he has been so good why sell him?

Archived