FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can you judge him looking out of place though when he hardly played? It took Vidic half a season to adapt to English football and now he's one of the best defenders in the league.

Vidic was different, he was pretty much thrown straight into the first team and he had to adapt to English Football completely. Pique was at the club for a number of years and was trained to cope with such measures, he also played in the reserves alot more than Vidic had a chance too if I remember rightly and I know thats not the same as playing in the league, it is still experience in the style of the English game, besides he is a different type of defender to Vidic as you can see if you watch him play for Barcelona. And although I do think he is a good defender, he is still going to struggle to get into the weaker backline than United's when Barcelona have all their players back from injury. I still think it would be even harder for him at United now than it already is with Evans coming through as well as he has.

Just taken England to the world cup final in 2014.

Foster, Rooney, Campbell, Wilshere and 2 regens all from my squad are part of the team.

Well done, keep up the good work. Is the next World Cup being held in England on your save aswell?

the second best behind rio you mean.

Haha yeh .. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My game is strange, Romania beat me in the World Cup final. I was winning 1-0 and comfortable until they score in the 82nd minute. Then it goes to extra time and they score in the 112th minute. I've been so unlucky like that in lots of competitions.

Also, still no amazing regen movements. Only one regen, apart from one i've bought, has gone for more than £6m.

I've got three CM's and a RB in my team that are amazing. Apart from that, Chelsea have a good AM (who they paid £15m for) and then theres pretty much no other good ones around. Thats in August 2014. Dissapointing..

I've been reading about how ppl have no problems after the third season with finances and have a ton of money. I'm in the final stretch of my 2nd season. Stadium expanded to 90000 somewhat seats and I'm 9 mil in the red. I've won the FA Cup and Premier League in the first season and I'm not spending like crazy on transfers. If my finances continue to spiral out of control will someone eventually take over the club and clear my debt? But will it be at a cost of going into administration, losing your best players and getting points docked?

I've been reading about how ppl have no problems after the third season with finances and have a ton of money. I'm in the final stretch of my 2nd season. Stadium expanded to 90000 somewhat seats and I'm 9 mil in the red. I've won the FA Cup and Premier League in the first season and I'm not spending like crazy on transfers. If my finances continue to spiral out of control will someone eventually take over the club and clear my debt? But will it be at a cost of going into administration, losing your best players and getting points docked?

You should get a fair bit of money from competitions, i wouldnt worry, unless they dont give you any transfer money and your are still in the red at the start of August.

I've been playing for a while (in 2012-2013 season now), so I'll just do a season recap for the last few.

2008-2009

Premiership: 1st

CWC: Winners (defeating Saitama UTD 6-0 in the final)

Super Cup: Winners (defeating Zenit 2-0)

Champion's League: Knocked out in 1/4 final 6-2 by Chelsea (agg score)

League Cup: Winners (defeating Man City 3-0 in the final)

FA Cup: Eliminated by Sunderland in the 4th round.

Community Shield: Lost 1-0 to Pompey

2009-2010

Premiership: 2nd

FA Cup: Winners, defeating West Ham 2-0 in the final

Champion's League: Runner's up. 2-1 loss to Chelsea (I'm starting to dislike them) in extra time (Drogba lobbed Mandanda in literally the last few seconds)

League Cup: Eliminated in 3rd round 3-1 by Everton (rubbish defense that was)

Community Shield: Beat Chelsea 1-0

2010-2011

Premiership: 2nd

Champion's League: Knocked out in 1/4 finals to Barcelona on pens (1-1 before those)

FA Cup: Winners, defeating Aston Villa 2-0 in the final

League Cup: Eliminated in 4th Round 3-1 by Everton (they're following me!)

Community Shield: Lost to Arsenal on pens, 1-1 in normal time

2011-2012

Premiership: 2nd (this is getting repetitive now)

Champion's League: Eliminated in Semi-finals by Liverpool 2-1 on agg

FA Cup: Runners up, defeated 3-1 by Arsenal

League Cup: Went out in the semis, 3-3 with City, they won on the away goal ruling.

Community Shield: Beat Liverpool 4-0.

First Team:

GK: Steve Mandanda

DF: Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Rafael Da Silva

MF: Me (I have an ego, go away), Oliveira Anderson, Owen Hargreaves, Cristiano Ronaldo

ST: Guiseppe Rossi, Carlos Vela (offered by Arsenal in the second season for £5m!)

Second Team:

GK: Joe Hart

DF: Fabio Da Silva, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Wes Brown, Jonas Olsen

MF: Luis Nani, Toni Kroos, Angelo Palombo, Henri Saivet

ST: Wayne Rooney, Carlos Tevez

Jonny Evans, David Santon, and my friend (he has an ego too! A striker, btw) are there for back-up.

Transfers (big names only):

2008-2009

In: Daniel Opare, Toni Kroos, Angelo Palombo

Out: Fletcher (15m to Spurs), O'Shea (4.9m to Villa), PIG (3.3m to City)

2009-2010

In: Carlos Vela, Joe Hart, Henri Saivet, Steve Mandanda

Out: Foster (4.6m to Marseille), Carrick (7.75m to Valencia), Park (4.5m to Everton), Berbatov (20m to Roma), Campbell (4.7m to Newcastle)

2010-2011

In: Davide Santon

Out: Opare (rubbish signing), Scholes (free), Possebon (free)

2011-2012

In: Seyi Udeze, Kyriakos Papadoupalos, Dave Taylor, Jonas Olsen

Out: Nobody major, a few reserve releases

2012-2013

In: Sandor Kiss, Patrick Ziehl, Guiseppe Rossi

Out: Davide Petrucci (£3.6m to AC Milan)

I think that's everything. :p

loving it. got a screenie of urself?

Alright, I might have exaggerated my abilities a bit. It's just a bit of fun though. I basically took what my real life stats would be, and amped them up.

Me-1.jpg

I'm just waiting for player-me to retire, so I have to wage managerial war against myself :eek:

Minkaro, your Flair is a li'lle lessser than what it should be if you are really what you said :p

Anyways, started my first official United game. Didn't want to change the team a lot but still went for some changes. TB was 15M Euros.

Transfers In :

Bolzoni - 2.9M

Asenjo - 9.5M

Aguero - Tevez + 10M in a structured deal.

Transfers out :

Kuszczak to Stade Rennais - 4.4M

Park Ji Sung to Citeh - 11.5M

I thought a lot over the probable formations I could use to make use of the vast attacking flair the team has. Finally, decided to re-invent my successful FM08 'Kill Me' tactic. Its like 2-3-1-3-1.

Won all but one Friendlies. Won Comm. Shield 1-0 against Pompey. Nani scored.

Was interested in knowing whether Camacho would be a good acquisition if I decide to sell Fletcher?

Will update later.

I'm new to this game, And because i'm new i'm going to start of at Man Utd untill i get used to all the ins & outs.

Can anyone recomend any good players? excluding all the well knows (kaka, Ronaldinho et cetra).

Thanks for your help in advance guys.

I'm new to this game, And because i'm new i'm going to start of at Man Utd untill i get used to all the ins & outs.

Can anyone recomend any good players? excluding all the well knows (kaka, Ronaldinho et cetra).

Thanks for your help in advance guys.

Well i would say you could easily go through first 2 or 3 seasons, but obviously that would be a bit boring. My first team in the 4th season, is all current players except Akinkeev instead of VDS and I rotate Neville as he gets a bit tired.

Key buys for first season are back up winger, someone like Di Maria is cheap.

Also Axel Wistel cost me £2million now he is awsome.

You will need a good new keeper after 1st season, Akinfeev has been good for me.

Other players with great potential are Balotelli, Sahko, Saviet.

My current formation is based on the queiroz tactic in the Tactical Theorems and Frameworks '09 pack. except i've change it to a 442 by pushing my AMC up to FWD.

Rooney and berbatov are my prefered strike force but i'm not getting a great return from them.

Their current individual settings are as followsi've also included my instructions for Ronaldo as he is doing really well for my United team)

Rooney

Mentality: 14

Creative Freedom: 14

Passing: 10

Closing Down: 18

Tackling: Mixed

Forward Runs: Mixed

Run with Ball: Mixed

Long Shots: Mixed

Through Ball: Mixed

Cross Ball: Rarely

Cross Ball From: Mixed

Free Role: Yes

Hold Up Ball: Yes

Berbatov

Mentality: 19

Closing Down: 11

Free Role: No

Hold Up Ball: No

Ronaldo (always AMR)

Mentality: 20

Creative Freedom: 10

Closing Down: 10

Forward Runs: Often

Run with Ball: Often

Long Shots: Often

Cross Ball: Mixed

I've adapted Ronaldo's individual instructions and have achieved great results from him. Has scored 15 goals in 21 appearence since the change. But i still cant get the others to perform yet. Should i be setting them up differently (ie Rooney as my FC(a) and Berbatov as my FC(D)?? Any input is welcome

Quick question, what would you do with £98m in my position?

My squad is squadcd1.th.jpg

I have put in an offer and negotiated with Barca for Messi. They have come down to £95m. Looking at my squad I could do with some improvements but am unsure whether to go with Messi or 'stock up' on squad players. Advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Quick question, what would you do with £98m in my position?

My squad is squadcd1.th.jpg

I have put in an offer and negotiated with Barca for Messi. They have come down to £95m. Looking at my squad I could do with some improvements but am unsure whether to go with Messi or 'stock up' on squad players. Advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Wait for Barca to renew his contract and his minimum release clause will come down to about 45M GBP. Plus you shouldn't spend more than 50M as your bank balance decreases alot during the season due to the club's debt and you will most likely end up in the red if you spend too much. You'd be better off "stocking up on squad players" as you put it.

Hey guys, I'm playing as Newcastle 09/10 and just signed Danny Simpson for 2.5 m pounds to fill in my right back position once Beye starts deteriorating. Can anyone give me an opinion if he becomes good enough for a team projected to be 7th in league? His stats seem to have a good base to build on for becoming a 4 star right back.

I bought Pirlo the first season and Adriano. Won the champs league club wrld champ league cup and super cup and community shield. They are amzing and my team is

Second Season

GK: Van Der Sar/ Kameni

DR Rafael

DL: Evra

DC: Ferdinand

DC: Vidic

MR: Ronaldo

ML: Nani

MC: Carrick/ Anderson

DMC: Pirlo

FC: Rooney

FC: Adriano/ Berbatov

My current formation is based on the queiroz tactic in the Tactical Theorems and Frameworks '09 pack. except i've change it to a 442 by pushing my AMC up to FWD.

Rooney and berbatov are my prefered strike force but i'm not getting a great return from them.

Their current individual settings are as followsi've also included my instructions for Ronaldo as he is doing really well for my United team)

Rooney

Mentality: 14

Closing Down: 18

Free Role: Yes

Hold Up Ball: Yes

Berbatov

Mentality: 19

Closing Down: 11

Ronaldo (always AMR)

Mentality: 20

Creative Freedom: 10

Closing Down: 10

Forward Runs: Often

Run with Ball: Often

Long Shots: Often

Cross Ball: Mixed

I've adapted Ronaldo's individual instructions and have achieved great results from him. Has scored 15 goals in 21 appearence since the change. But i still cant get the others to perform yet. Should i be setting them up differently (ie Rooney as my FC(a) and Berbatov as my FC(D)?? Any input is welcome

I had the strikers set up as you had but then changed Berba to the FCd as he doesn't have the pace to get in behind and rooney to the FCa, this worked a treat. Rooney gets in behind the defence regularly and berba is great as a targeman to feet picking the ball up deep.

i sold berbs for 30mil to barca after the 1st season, which i won undeafted, had like 11 or 12 draws. no matter what i did to berbs, he just WOULDNT play well, scored 5 in 32 considered selling rooney as he had an awful season, very insonsitent, scored like 10 goals in 30. im finding that no matter what formation i play, the midfield and forwards play average. its always my defenders that score the most. i got bojan on a free in the 2nd season. brought saviet and sahko, in the 1st season, sahko stats have gone up ALOT, he even has 3 caps for france. saviet is taking a lil longer to get 'up'. sold hargo to spurs for 25mil, brought velso for 14mil to replace him. got tosic in jan 09, getting llaic in jan 2010(edited the game before i started) got joe matock as back up to evra, still rotating rb with wes, nev and rapahel. brought the fillorio from samp as back up to VDS. Sold kusack to citeh, park to milan(park had a great season), rejected a 32mil bid from chelski for nani. citeh are just BUYING everyone in my game!!! its insane!!! got 51mil to spend after buying velso. looking to get balotelli, but hes a month away from recovering from an injury. i want benzema, but lyon want 40mil plus nani!! oh and i also got obertan for 10mil (2nd season). oh i was looking for a cm who has good finishing, i found this costa rican(cant remember his name) but i found out he is a -9, he has great stats aswell. i was planning on using flech, but he picked up a cruiscate ligament so is out till late 2010. so got the usual mix of other -9 and -10 youth that i cant remember. but my main squad is now:

VDS/FOSTER/FIOROLLIO

EVRA/MATOCK

RIO/EVANS

VIDA/SAHKO

BROWN,RAFA/NEV

NANI/TOSIC

ANDERSON/CARRICK/

VELSO/FLETCH/COSTA RICAN!

CR7/OBERTAN

ROONEY/TEV

BOJAN/SAVIET/BALOTTELI. (still think i wanna get a class, older striker)

havent got a clue how best to play em. i won the league using a 4 4 2, (with the wingers high up)

I had the strikers set up as you had but then changed Berba to the FCd as he doesn't have the pace to get in behind and rooney to the FCa, this worked a treat. Rooney gets in behind the defence regularly and berba is great as a targeman to feet picking the ball up deep.

What sort of return in terms of goals has this produced for you? Do you have Berbatov holding up the ball and with a free role, or do you still have Rooney doing both of those still?

What sort of return in terms of goals has this produced for you? Do you have Berbatov holding up the ball and with a free role, or do you still have Rooney doing both of those still?

Originally I had Berba holiding up the ball and a free role, had rooney doing neither of these. Berba had a decent first half of the first season but took off the free role and he improved even more. He has been better than Rooney in the 2nd season.

Goal return in the first season overall Berba played about 40 games scoring 18 goals, Rooney played abotu 40 scored roughly 30. this season I am in March and Rooney has 15 in 30 and Berba 20 in 30.

Berba definitely worth keeping if you gibve him the right instructions, plays rooney and ronalso in on numerous occasions.

I also play berba as a targetman with passing to feet.

Before I begin my End of Season Review I would just like to say. I officially RULE. Here's why:

End of Season Review 08/09

Premier Division

01152009172601ep5.th.jpg

Champions League

01152009172720le3.th.jpg

FA Cup

01152009172852bo0.th.jpg

So I've basically won every single trophy possible. That's what you get for 6 days spent on one season. And pure luck. As you can see it was Arsenal that I had to beat in every single cup final. My players didn't score much by themselves but as a team they're brilliant :) I've arranged the transfer of Balotelli and will probably buy Ansejo and maybe a right back.

1st Season

Sold

Tevez-£30m r.madrid

fletcher-£40m m.city

carrick-£12m-tottenham

haregreaves-£10.75m-sevilla

bout veloso for around £12m. and bought hamsik for £15m.huntelaar for £15.5m with santa cruz coming in jan for £20m

hamsik and veloso are great in the cm rotating them with anderson

finished 2nd in prem behind arsenal who were run away winners

got to the 1/4 and semis in all other competitions.

currently going into season 2 and have sold.

berbatov £30m-arsenal

pjs £7.5m- lyon

campbell £5.5m-tottenham

and have so far brought

faubert £5.25m-west ham

giovanni dos santos £4.9m -tottenham

segio asenjo £2.8m-valladolid

wilshere £4.4m-arsenal

so ive managed to get some good young buys in on the cheap and am also hoping to sign pato as he is unhappy at ac.milan.and richards as he is only sub for man city. whilst looking to sell manucho and kuszczak.

Evon:

You spent 6 in game days on one season? :o. I'm in my 4th season and I don't think I have that yet!

Good season though, be hard to relive that next season, but don't get bored and leave us! Unless of course you want to rotate with a season of Sampdoria of course ;)

1st Season

Sold

Tevez-£30m r.madrid

fletcher-£40m m.city

carrick-£12m-tottenham

haregreaves-£10.75m-sevilla

bout veloso for around £12m. and bought hamsik for £15m.huntelaar for £15.5m with santa cruz coming in jan for £20m

hamsik and veloso are great in the cm rotating them with anderson

finished 2nd in prem behind arsenal who were run away winners

got to the 1/4 and semis in all other competitions.

currently going into season 2 and have sold.

berbatov £30m-arsenal

pjs £7.5m- lyon

campbell £5.5m-tottenham

and have so far brought

faubert £5.25m-west ham

giovanni dos santos £4.9m -tottenham

segio asenjo £2.8m-valladolid

wilshere £4.4m-arsenal

so ive managed to get some good young buys in on the cheap and am also hoping to sign pato as he is unhappy at ac.milan.and richards as he is only sub for man city. whilst looking to sell manucho and kuszczak.

I constantly go on about people selling off Carrick and Hargreaves, they are two of the best players in their positions and they are English! They should be kept in my opinion. Although, I have been on the recieving end of Hamsik and have had Veloso myself and they are both good signings. Perhaps you could do with signing another targetman after selling Berbatov as you only have Rooney, Campbell and Santa Cruz if I am correct? Pato would be a good signing, he is at City on my save and he is an absolute beast.

As for competitions, you have something to aim for this season, a throphy. Maybe tweak your tactics a little bit to give yourself a bit more of a chance :thup:

Yeah i find that Hargreaves and Carrick selling so strange. They are so solid and great players, always top of passing and tackling statistics.

Im in the 4th season and have had Carrick and Hargreaves as the rocks of my team. Especially selling them for £12 and £10 million thats crazy, especially after selling Fletcher for 40 mill.

In the first season you dont really need to buy or sell anyone, mabye just sell the odd back up player and bring in some younger back up. I didnt sell anyone and only got in Witsel for £2mill and Di Maria for £4 mill, and i won THE TREBLE

i sold berbs for 30mil to barca after the 1st season, which i won undeafted, had like 11 or 12 draws. no matter what i did to berbs, he just WOULDNT play well, scored 5 in 32 considered selling rooney as he had an awful season, very insonsitent, scored like 10 goals in 30. im finding that no matter what formation i play, the midfield and forwards play average. its always my defenders that score the most. i got bojan on a free in the 2nd season. brought saviet and sahko, in the 1st season, sahko stats have gone up ALOT, he even has 3 caps for france. saviet is taking a lil longer to get 'up'. sold hargo to spurs for 25mil, brought velso for 14mil to replace him. got tosic in jan 09, getting llaic in jan 2010(edited the game before i started) got joe matock as back up to evra, still rotating rb with wes, nev and rapahel. brought the fillorio from samp as back up to VDS. Sold kusack to citeh, park to milan(park had a great season), rejected a 32mil bid from chelski for nani. citeh are just BUYING everyone in my game!!! its insane!!! got 51mil to spend after buying velso. looking to get balotelli, but hes a month away from recovering from an injury. i want benzema, but lyon want 40mil plus nani!! oh and i also got obertan for 10mil (2nd season). oh i was looking for a cm who has good finishing, i found this costa rican(cant remember his name) but i found out he is a -9, he has great stats aswell. i was planning on using flech, but he picked up a cruiscate ligament so is out till late 2010. so got the usual mix of other -9 and -10 youth that i cant remember. but my main squad is now:

VDS/FOSTER/FIOROLLIO

EVRA/MATOCK

RIO/EVANS

VIDA/SAHKO

BROWN,RAFA/NEV

NANI/TOSIC

ANDERSON/CARRICK/

VELSO/FLETCH/COSTA RICAN!

CR7/OBERTAN

ROONEY/TEV

BOJAN/SAVIET/BALOTTELI. (still think i wanna get a class, older striker)

havent got a clue how best to play em. i won the league using a 4 4 2, (with the wingers high up)

Please make note to learn : Spelling, Paragraphs, literacy

Also next time please refrain from using text speech as some readers on here are foreign. TY

I constantly go on about people selling off Carrick and Hargreaves, they are two of the best players in their positions and they are English! They should be kept in my opinion. Although, I have been on the recieving end of Hamsik and have had Veloso myself and they are both good signings.:

I'm with you, I think Carrick and Hargreaves are quality on FM. In my opinion Carrick performs better then Hamsik though I've never had Veloso =x. You should be keeping them and not selling them for peas! =[.

Hey guys, I'm playing as Newcastle 09/10 and just signed Danny Simpson for 2.5 m pounds to fill in my right back position once Beye starts deteriorating. Can anyone give me an opinion if he becomes good enough for a team projected to be 7th in league? His stats seem to have a good base to build on for becoming a 4 star right back.

i dont know if he is any good, but you got him for a good price, he came back off loan the first season, and newcastle have just brought him for 15m over 24 months.

Has anyone kept Berbatov for atleast 2 or more seasons? How is he performing?

Yes I've kept him and into the first month of the 3rd season. Not too spectacular though, scored think 6 in 27games and 9 assist last season and the season before 31games with 11goals and 10assist. I only kept him to be the target man, sliding headers back for Rooney to burst his speed and score.

Archived