FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Has anyone signed Ashley Young or Benzema for United in their games? If so how much did you's pay for them and are they worth it?

I've been quoted 35mil for Young(scout report) and 28mil for Benzema. Is this the likely price or should i give underhanded tactics a try for a while to try unsettle them and get them on the cheap

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone signed Ashley Young or Benzema for United in their games? If so how much did you's pay for them and are they worth it?

I've been quoted 35mil for Young(scout report) and 28mil for Benzema. Is this the likely price or should i give underhanded tactics a try for a while to try unsettle them and get them on the cheap

The price for young is high I think but then again I've never had him so I don't know how he turns out. But that price for Benzema seems pretty reasonable tbh.

Hi all first post on this thread, I started a game as Man utd for the first time in many years probably since cantona was there, well i have just finished my 1st season won the Carling cup, League, champions league, charity shield super cup, world club cup, basically everyone bar the FA cup which i was knocked out by Chelsea. signed Kolarov Veluso and let go of a few youths in my first season too. Rooney got like 40 goals vidic ronaldo and tevez got mid 20s and berb got 19. Signed Messi vandon borre and Asenjofor first team with Bojan, Thiago Sturridge and opare for youths for this coming season. I've let Giggs, Kuczack, Manucho, campbell and Fletcher go in summer.

Will update later if anyones interested could do with some advice on where to improve for next season..

I will definitely get bored soon. I always do. But my other options are always Bristol City and Udinese. Anyway I've also arranged the transfer of Wilshere for £3.5m and my regens are looking good, one goalkeeper in particular:

01162009173908nq3.th.jpg

And this fantastic centre-back:

01162009174044es3.th.jpg

And the best of the rest:

01162009174604eh1.th.jpg

01162009175614ts0.th.jpg

Yes I've kept him and into the first month of the 3rd season. Not too spectacular though, scored think 6 in 27games and 9 assist last season and the season before 31games with 11goals and 10assist. I only kept him to be the target man, sliding headers back for Rooney to burst his speed and score.

Is he a good target man? He doesn't seem it on my game.

I want to make neville scholes and giggs coaches once they retire but do i wait till there contracts run out then offer them a coach contract? or will I not be able to and do i need to keep giving them new contracts until they retire on their own? thanks in advance

I want to make neville scholes and giggs coaches once they retire but do i wait till there contracts run out then offer them a coach contract? or will I not be able to and do i need to keep giving them new contracts until they retire on their own? thanks in advance

check their profile pages... usually says something about wanting to take up coaching after finishing playing..

if it does... go to player interaction and there should be options there about coaching... like

'tell neville he'd make a great coach' etc...

check their profile pages... usually says something about wanting to take up coaching after finishing playing..

if it does... go to player interaction and there should be options there about coaching... like

'tell neville he'd make a great coach' etc...

ok cheers.

Should I get Michael Owen on a freebie? His wages are only about 40k but I have Berba, Tevez, Rooney, Campbell, Balotelli-can play on wings-and a load of brilliant young strikers. I'm selling Tevez soon anyway but would Owen be worth the trouble? Can I get any real money for him after a year?

Should I get Michael Owen on a freebie? His wages are only about 40k but I have Berba, Tevez, Rooney, Campbell, Balotelli-can play on wings-and a load of brilliant young strikers. I'm selling Tevez soon anyway but would Owen be worth the trouble? Can I get any real money for him after a year?

Never ever sell Tevez he is awsome on my game, better than Rooney, possibly best striker in the game.

Also on the Giggs, VDS coaching etc, wait untill they retire then when it tells you they have retired click on them and offer them a contract, if you try to sign them as a coach while they are still at the club they ask for massive wages.

Well he's not better than Rooney or Berbatov. Or Balotelli. And I can get loads for him so he's off unless I suddenly decide to sell my top scorer Berbatov or my second top scorer Rooney just to keep Tevez who is outclassed regularly by Balotelli with ease.

Getting bored of my Manchester United save :(

49665259wv9.th.jpg

Liverpool relegated, :D those scousers deserve it.

Tevez is my best striker by far, my top scorer, i play him with Rooney, Berbatov 3rd choice and Balotelli fighting with Bojan for 4th. Bojan is winning.

Liverpool relegated, :D those scousers deserve it.

Tevez is my best striker by far, my top scorer, i play him with Rooney, Berbatov 3rd choice and Balotelli fighting with Bojan for 4th. Bojan is winning.

I sold berbs, rooney and balotelli in my second season for a combined of 190mill( dont ask how) and bought bojan aquino and aguero

In my opinion no. He is injury prone and possibly won't play enough games for you. Could make a profit on him but it won't be massive. You have enough strikers available, possibly sell Campbell aswell as Tevez if he isn't needed.

I bought him for 6M with Spurs in first season. He scored around 15 goals and got 10 assists all season. Looks like a very intelligent player on the pitch. Even though he was deemed the worst signing of the season somehow, I managed to sell him for 28M Euros to Man. City. This, after Arsenal & Pool had also placed bids of 20M. He's worth a shout IMO.

End of season 10/11 and was just wondering if any of you had an idea to how I could improve my squad? Have a budget of £56 million.

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadqa7.png

just let neville and scholes go so was thinking a good right back, don't know if Opare is ready, here's a screen shot:

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oparebw1.png

Was also thinking of selling Nani aswell as he hardly gets any games due to messi and ronaldo playing so well and he is becoming unhappy, any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance. If you want screenshots of any players just ask.

Decided against it considering the amazing amount of strikers I have especially this fantastic regen who looks better than Tevez already.

Can we see him?

End of season 10/11 and was just wondering if any of you had an idea to how I could improve my squad? Have a budget of £56 million.

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadqa7.png

just let neville and scholes go so was thinking a good right back, don't know if Opare is ready, here's a screen shot:

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oparebw1.png

Was also thinking of selling Nani aswell as he hardly gets any games due to messi and ronaldo playing so well and he is becoming unhappy, any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance. If you want screenshots of any players just ask.

I would try and rotate Nani in somehwhere, he is a amazing player imo, but if he does become unhappy, it is best to sell before he upsets the harmony of the squad. As far as I can see you don't need to improve your squad but try and find some young regens perhaps. Opare looks ready for the first team and should be given a chance to prove himself, he will probably improve more if you play him :thup:

Can we see him?

I would try and rotate Nani in somehwhere, he is a amazing player imo, but if he does become unhappy, it is best to sell before he upsets the harmony of the squad. As far as I can see you don't need to improve your squad but try and find some young regens perhaps. Opare looks ready for the first team and should be given a chance to prove himself, he will probably improve more if you play him :thup:

ok ye thanks I've decided to keep nani, use him in less important matches.

Here's the regen:

01172009172731tx1.th.jpg

I can't see a fault with him. Which is why I sold Tevez for £25m. Nobody was willing to offer more which is probably because they're all too poor. I also sold Carrick for £15m, Aquino for £5m + 25% sell on fee and Miguel Torres for £5m. I'm also trying to sell Manucho and Gibson which is going brilliantly tbh.

Update: Just thought I'd show how I've been doing. I always turn off transfers in 1st window and very rarely sign anyone in 1st season as a rule anyway. Didn't feel I needed to sign anyone before the 2nd season so its basically the same team I started with.

Also Manucho was a very handy striker in my 1st season (10 goals in 21 apps) and was doing well 2nd season (4 goals in 8 apps) before he kept complaining about being on the bench and handed in a transfer request so I kept him in the Reserves from then on!

08/09

Transfers In- Tosic £9m (January)

Transfers Out- None

Premier League- 1st Place (88 goals for, 27 goals against, 100 points, went whole season unbeaten)

Champions League- Winners (v Chelsea 3-3 then won 5-4 on pens)

FA Cup- Winners (v Portsmouth 2-0)

League Cup- 5th Round (Lost 0-1 to Arsenal at Emirates)

World Club Cup- Winners (3-0 v Osaka)

Super Cup- Winners (2-0 v Zenit)

Community Shield (Lost to Portsmouth 1-1, 6-5 on pens)

Player of the Year- Ronaldo (7.41)

Top Scorer- Rooney 25, Berbatov 22, Tevez, 22

2009 English Footballer of the Year- Ronaldo 1st, Rooney, 2nd

2009 Manager of the Year- Me

2009 English Team of the Year- Vidic, Ronaldo, Rooney

2009 Champions League Best Player- Hargreaves, Rooney Ronaldo

Season 09/10

Transfers In- Ljajic £3.4m (January)

Transfers Out- Gibson £4.9m

Premier League- Winners (goals for 95, goals against 28, points 95)

Champions League- Winners (v Arsenal 2-1, Rooney scored in 91st minute!)

FA Cup- Winners (v Aston Villa 4-2)

League Cup- Winners (v Chelsea 2-0)

World Club Cup- Winners (v Suwon 3-1)

Super Cup- Winners (v Sampdoria 3-1)

Community Shield- Lost to Arsenal (2-2 then lost 4-3 on pens)

Best player- Ronaldo (7.47)

Top Goalscorer- Rooney 26, Ronaldo 23, Tevez 22

2009 World Player of the Year- Ronaldo

2009 World Team of the Year- Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo, Rooney

2010 English Footballer of the Year- Ronaldo 1st, Rooney 3rd

2010 manager of the Year- Me

2010 English Players Player- Carlos Tevez

2010 English team of the Year- Foster, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez

2010 Young Player of the Year- Rafael 3rd

2010 English Top Goalscorer- Rooney 22

Broke Club Unbeaten Record- 60 games from 1st game of the season until 2-1 loss away to Chelsea in game 34 of Premiership season, also meant I went 71 games unbeaten in Premier league across 2 seasons

I've played 4-4-2 in differing degrees depending on opposition and whether its home or away. Players on left were my first choice for 2008/09, players on right first choice for 2009/10

GK- Van Der Sar/Foster

DR- Brown/Rafael

DL- Evra

DC- Ferdinand

DC- Vidic

DMC- Carrick

AMC- Scholes/Anderson

AMR- Ronaldo

AML Giggs/Nani

ST- Berbatov/Tevez

ST Rooney

Looking at signing a top class goalkeeper like Buffon or Adler in pre-season. Looking at left winger, striker, right back and left back positions as well but would likely only be able to afford one of these. Got 8 regens who are described as good/quality potential and they won U18s League and Cup double as well as helping out the Reserves to win their league.

So thats how I've done so far...

edrock85

Looks good, surprised to see no Hargreaves as a first teamer for you he has been top draw for me then i rotate Carrick and Anderson along side him.

If you want a good goalkeeper, you cant really go wrong with Akinfeev and can pick him up for about £12 mill, other good ones are Lloris, Mandanda, Asenjo (for future).

Left winger, i guess you want one as back up because Nani is awsome for me, for a cheaper option have a look at Di Maria.

Striker, depends what your looking for really, i would guess you want a younger palyer, so mabye Bojan or someone like that. Have a look at Fausto Rossi (spelling?)

Full backs. Davide Santon is world class on my game and Inter want 80mill for him, im in 4th season, so he could be good. Or cheaper option Di Silvestre. Left backs not sure i havnt got a new one, got a good regen come through.

Also try to get Axel Wistel, i picked him up for 2 mill, he is great and versitile too.

I will brag now:

I made Chelsea sack their manager!

In the FA-cup semi final, they scored twice on me in the first half, then I tinker with tactics, tell the players to do their job and make a few subs (two, to be presice). We get up to 2-2 before full time. Go into extra time and get a 3rd. I'm so proud! I have never made a comback this big before. (I came back to crush leeds 4-2 once, but this is against CHELSEA!)

Afterwords Rio Ferdinand is described as enthusiastic and bragging me into the sky for my teamtalk and tactical skills (okay, nothing about my tactics, but I did make alot of changes and tweaks after half time).

THEN Javier Aguirre gets fired! My work is done!

comeback.jpg

At Evon: Strength is really poor, as is anticipation, can you not find a way to keep tevez and try out this regen??

He's 19. His strength is 9 and his anticipation is 10. Poor? For a regen that's bloody good. He won't need strength because he's a fast striker and his anticipation can be improved to at least 15 easily if I train him and tutor him right. Which I will.

Easy. Sell Hamsik or Modric. Or both. Actually sell both. They're overrated and Anderson is better than both, especially Hamsik who is such a twat.

ye thanks was thinkin hamsik, he has underperformed rli in his 3 seasons, and I bought Modric for 15 mill in the jan transfer window just gone so can probably make a profit on him.

do u guy have any good tactics for 9.1 to share i am struggle with tactics...plz help

the Pompey(4-2-3-1) tactic from T&TT has worked well for me.

Anyways, my save game got corrupt due to hard drive failure while saving. I've restarted again. Will try to swap Tevez for Aguero again \o/

the Pompey(4-2-3-1) tactic from T&TT has worked well for me.

Anyways, my save game got corrupt due to hard drive failure while saving. I've restarted again. Will try to swap Tevez for Aguero again \o/

Why Tevez is awsoeme, better than Aguero.

What are peoples exeriences with Ferdinands decline? I am now starting the season 2012-13, and the at the tail end of the previous season his physical stats started to decrease. He is also no longer listed as my best centre back (Vidic is instead). Would people reccommend keeping him to tutor my younger players or trying to offload him?

In response to the feeder clubs question I have Osaka (Japan) and Torronto (USA) as commercial feeder clubs, who provide some much needed income!!

Archived