FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Guys, I've started a new game with ManUtd.

My dealing transfers:

In:

Andres Guardado - Replacement of Giggs

Balotelli

M. Sakho

Ignacio Camacho

Lassana Diarra

68M

Out:

O'Shea

Gibson (loan)

Chester (loan)

12.5M

I play classic 4-4-2:

VDS

G.Neville - Rio Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra

C.Ronaldo - Hargreaves - Carrick/Diarra - Giggs/Nani

Rooney - Tevez/Berbatov

I'm looking to loan Evans and Camacho, i have too many players :p

Can anyone tell me how CR plays? he's doubtful :S

Any suggestions? I'm playing against Zenit now :p

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldo has been awesome for me every season, he scores goals (not as many as i would like), get assists, but for me he always seem to be involved in the play somewhere in the build up to a goal.

ALso i like playing balotelli at AML if required, hes realy good there, plus i have far too many forwards so he doesnt get a look in for that position.

hi i am a big man utd fan and fm fan i just wanted to share one of the best players i discovered till now i've been playing the game since 2001 year and this is the best regen ever for me a real jewel makes rooney on the bench easily and he is just 18 years when he was 16 he was taunted to be the next rooney but shorely he is better ane keeps getting better

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gavinwatsonth6.jpg

He is a bloody good striker and the only thing he lacks is a bit more pace and a left foot. But a young 18 year old ahead of Rooney? Who's your other striker? A one-footed striker isn't going to be better than Rooney I'm afraid.

Haven't posted for a while as I haven't progressed too far in my game. But it's picking up again now and seeing as it's FA Cup weekend I thought I'd post some great results from the 4th and 5th round in my second season.

First up, Leeds, who are now in the Championship. I put out my strongest team to hopefully give them a battering and see if they could better the 5-0 win that my second team got against Leeds in the League Cup earlier this season:

01242009123742he6.th.jpg

5th round was City away and on my birthday. What a present:

01242009124009mq8.th.jpg

Rooney's doing very well now and not annoying me with missing loads of chances. The 3rd goal was a belter from 25 yards after I'd moved him to midfield as well. Newcastle away in the quarter finals...

He is a bloody good striker and the only thing he lacks is a bit more pace and a left foot. But a young 18 year old ahead of Rooney? Who's your other striker? A one-footed striker isn't going to be better than Rooney I'm afraid.

my others are tevez and another 2 young strikers who are Wonderkinds but don't have enough first team play and tevez is doing well

Manchester United - Season 2011/12 - January Update

Well, there is very little to say to be honest. Form wise I am running away with the league even though I lost my 41 unbeaten run in the league in style with losses to relegation battlers Birmingham 1-0, QPR 2-1 and West Brom 1-0 all at home. Either way Arsenal are off the ball, maybe they can't cope with World Club Championship games getting in the way, and Chelsea and Liverpool really are not threats anymore. Aston Villa in the top 3 and are looking strong for a Champions League place. Spurs however don't look likely to match their league finish of 3rd this season as they have fell off the pace and dropping to mid-table aswell. I'm in all other competitions still and have booked a final place along with Arsenal in the Carling Cup for the first time under my management.

The Transfer Market has been a quiet one this window, the only signing I made was a very promising regen MCb from City for £7.25 called Paul Horne. Looks very good already and will probably sell off the unhappy Veloso who over 4 years has struggled to nail down a first team place due to Hargreaves excellency. This will open up a spot in the squad for Horne where I can give him the opportunity in some first team games. Also, he is from Manchester and has both City and Utd as his favourite clubs... coming from Manchester myself I have to admit that is quite rare.

All in all my prediction of atleast 3 out for 4 trophies looks on the cards at the moment and I am pleased to say I was right about having my best ever squad who look very capable of my first quadruple.

Talented_Yak, what are the background logos you are using, I know others are the 'GOL' ones.

Looks like some people have started to get some quality regens.

I prefer to loan out most players in reserves because some start to moan that they're unhappy etc.

i use the flex 09 skin with a pic of old trafford that i found on google

with ronaldo out for the first 2 months in the game, does anyone know of a solid replacement? manucho's stats do not look very good park is also out. a quality ass. man is also required(may demote current ass. man)

try valencia at wigan! i got him for ten mil

Yeah, and how cool and calm did Fabio look today? Tosic also looked impressive.

Try not to talk about real life football in this thread, it'snot allowed and doing it often could lead to the thread being closed, which would be a shame.

Theres a football forum and off topic thread in this forum for that:thup:

Usually they're worse. In my experience anyway. If the player they're compared to isn't bloody good I don't bother unless their stats say different. Depends on the scout too. The best scouts always give full stars to the very best youngsters and their ratings vary for anything below that.

purered22 - Not sure, try the Editing forum.

Just so you all know, I'm half way through my second season, still in all comps, but I have to play Chelsea in the 3rd round of the FA Cup now :( It's at home, hopefully I can get a good result. I do want to write up a report of my progress so far, but every time I go to do it I get bored haha.

Hi all. I am into my 4th season with Manchester United. I could do with some help with which players to offload please. I have too big a squad at the moment. Ideally I would like to offload 2 or possibly 3 players, but not sure which ones. I was thinking of Asharvin as one of them. Ledgister is possibly the only name on that squad you won't know as he is a regen - and a quality one at that!

My only concerns other than that are that Rooney and Nani's contract expire at the end of the season and as yet neither will sign a new one.

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unitedteamxk3.jpg

davehanson, great squad mate. What formation do you play, as this will let us know which position you have, if this is possible due to the injuries players can get on fm, too much cover. Just wondering how much did you pay for Franck Ribery, Pjanic, Dos Santos, Mikel, Kroos and Benzema? Are those two keepers both regens as I dont have my fm loaded to look and how good are they?

Just pray. Some people here get some nice results against them, but for some daft reason on my save, Adebayor is an absolute machine and just rapes the **** out of me. Just try going a bit more defensive if you have a lead going into the last quarter of the game as its mainly when they score.

I would say Adebayor destroys me aswell, but its all the forwards no matter what they score. Walcott hasn't even scored 10 goals for Arsenal in real life and he scores pretty much a hat trick every time he plays against me, i think the SI were nice to him!!

Adebayor is too good on this, I agree. Everytime I play them I can guarantee Adebayor will score, somehow. Usually I just try and score more than they do, but my strikers seem to take on the ability of 7 year olds when it comes to the Arsenal game. Arsenal die.

Yeah, indeed. Even worse on mine now they have Goran Pandev. So either one or the one will just walk allover my team.

Manucho is such a ******. Did Fergie buy him simply because his name contains Man U? Can't see any other reason. Impossible to get any decent money for him unless he gets played a lot, and he's just not good enough. Especially when Campbell scored something like 16 in 22.

i have 25million to spend in my first season and i was thinking of buying another striker but i cant decide any players you can recommend would be helpful

Well you dont really need another striker with Berbatov, Tevez and Rooney plus Campbell to comeback and Welbeck can become good.

If you want one for the future then Balotelli is good.

Instead you should get another young CM like Camacho, he is awsome. And always buy Witsel, he is very cheap and covers all areas and is quality.

Adebayor is too good on this, I agree. Everytime I play them I can guarantee Adebayor will score, somehow. Usually I just try and score more than they do, but my strikers seem to take on the ability of 7 year olds when it comes to the Arsenal game. Arsenal die.

I have a good record against Arsenal over 4 seasons and around 14 games, I think its 7 W - 5 D - 2 L. I lost to them last game because I had already won the league and played a young side. They destroyed me, but I managed to keep it at 2-0. Adebayor is deffinately overrated but he isn't the one who usually gives me problems, Eduardo is the bitch that usually scores a brace against me. Annoys me a little bit that he is so good when he hasn't even proved himself in a big league, nevermind the biggest league.

Anyway, won the Quad this year. Quite easily I might add. However it was Ferdinand's last season now that he is declining in his old age (33). Scholes who I haven't played in 2 and a half seasons is retiring and so is Neville, so its a bit of an end to a great era. Giggs has taken a job as West Brom manager now, so I think I will sell him some players on the cheap :D.

With the Swedes now in the European Championships. Ranked 8th in the world, no idea why, but I can deal with it. Russia, Switzerland and England in the group. Russia beat me 2-0 and have got to play England now which I basically have to win to qualify.

davehanson, great squad mate. What formation do you play, as this will let us know which position you have, if this is possible due to the injuries players can get on fm, too much cover. Just wondering how much did you pay for Franck Ribery, Pjanic, Dos Santos, Mikel, Kroos and Benzema? Are those two keepers both regens as I dont have my fm loaded to look and how good are they?

I play a 4-1-3-2 formation, basically the same as a 4-4-2 shape just with one of the mid center's dropping to DMC.

Ribery was £20.5m second season

Pjanic was £11m fourth season

Dos Santos was £12.75m second season

Mikel was a bosman free fourth season

Kroos was £12m second season

Benzema was (even after a year of praising and tapping up of both him and the Lyon manager) £62m fourth season

As for the keepers, Adler came from Leverkusen in the second season, he is not a regen. Castro is actually a regen, got him from St Etienne on a free. Adler has been great for me since I bought him, cost me quite a lot, but I didn't feel Foster was up to the number 1's job.

Offload the oldest AMR/L/C players, best thing to do. Also maybe a DL as backup to Evra? Nice squad otherwise.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking about Asharvin. He is 30 now and tbh Ronaldo, Ribery and Nani are all better than him and Ledigster is improving all the time - he will be my Giggs.

I have a young full back called Brunel in the reserves, french only 17, that looks quality also. I use him in about 15 games per year and if Evra got injured would have no worries about playing him in more.

Am tempted to sell off Carrick and Hargreaves at the end of the year as the are both the other side of 30 now, but they have just both been so brilliant for me.

HOW CAN YOU BEAT ARSENAL!!!!!!

They are the only team in my fm career that im scared to draw, i just can not win against them. What do you guys do to beat them

I beat them every time I meet them for some strange reason. They only beat me once, right at the start when I didn't have a defined tactic or team. Now I batter them for fun. Adebayor always seems to score though :( Maybe I just rule. I beat them in every single Cup final last season. Though how they managed to get to all 3 cup finals is beyond me. I think the key is just not to go to defensive. I usually attack them but withdraw my fullbacks a little but still have them with farrows and pull my central midfielders back a little. I hammer them everytime. Well not in terms of goals but in terms of control.

How can Anderson be that incredibly rubbish in 2012? He's way better on my game and I'm only in 2009. He's displaced Scholesy too and is now a key player. To think I was going to sell him...

I suck at beating Arsenal, I just normally play hyper aggresive against them and hope to score more goals. I also set all my players to hard tackle to kick them (although I think thats more cause I hate Arsenal)

Not the best start for me in my 2nd season, I am top5 but have missed the chance to go top by losing to Pool 1-0 and drawing with some week ass team.

I bought in Witsel, Santon and Camacho

Team is like this:

GK: Foster

DR: Neville

DL: Evra

DC: Ferdinand and Vidic

MR: Ronaldo

ML: Nani

MC: Anderson/Witsel

MC: Camacho

ST: Berbs

ST: Rooney/Teves

In peoples opinion is Camacho good enough to play as a starting member instead of say Carrick or Hargreaves? I have loaded out Santon for 5 months to get some first team football.

I have a good record against Arsenal over 4 seasons and around 14 games, I think its 7 W - 5 D - 2 L. I lost to them last game because I had already won the league and played a young side. They destroyed me, but I managed to keep it at 2-0. Adebayor is deffinately overrated but he isn't the one who usually gives me problems, Eduardo is the bitch that usually scores a brace against me. Annoys me a little bit that he is so good when he hasn't even proved himself in a big league, nevermind the biggest league.

Anyway, won the Quad this year. Quite easily I might add. However it was Ferdinand's last season now that he is declining in his old age (33). Scholes who I haven't played in 2 and a half seasons is retiring and so is Neville, so its a bit of an end to a great era. Giggs has taken a job as West Brom manager now, so I think I will sell him some players on the cheap :D.

With the Swedes now in the European Championships. Ranked 8th in the world, no idea why, but I can deal with it. Russia, Switzerland and England in the group. Russia beat me 2-0 and have got to play England now which I basically have to win to qualify.

Jimmy, just reading that you are so far into the game......just wondering how many goals you've managed to hget from Ronaldo in the game over the course of so many seasons?

Finchy

I bought Camacho and loaned him out because Hargreaves and Carrick we very good, he started to push for first team in 4th season.

Excellent, will look to see if I can loan him or just rotate him, looks good enough already but some 1st team action probably wont hurt hey.

Excellent, will look to see if I can loan him or just rotate him, looks good enough already but some 1st team action probably wont hurt hey.

I expect if you play him he will quickly become good enough but i didnt becuase of my other CMs good form.

i have just entered the jan 2011 transfer window, i am looking to ship as much of my U18 and reserve team members out on loan (only if the will be important first team members most likely). But i also think one of my midfielders might be shipped out, i have Witsel, Kroos, Camacho, Carrick, Rooney (he has been handy there) in the first team, and Adrien, Possebon, Fleck and Scholes (normally in the reserves but had him in the first team recently). So basically i have a huge amount of midfielders and because i keep having to rotate them to keep them all happy, which i am starting to definatly think is making my performances worse.

so who should i ship out? and even who should come in? i have a few regens coming through that look quality but hopefully they will get loan experience.

ManchesterUnited-5.png

O yer, i also have jack rodwell to come back from a loan spell soon.

Archived