FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Yak

I would sent Witsel out on loan that's what I did and he left a boy and came back a man. Basically he improved a lot he is now my O'Shea of the midfield. Excellent back up.

I have the same problem really Hargreaves, Carrick, Wilshere, Camacho, Witsel, and a regen all fighting for 2 places. I don't even know what my best combo is now.

Also I have Ballotelli and a good Regen in the last years of their contracts but they are both unhapppey and want to leave on a bosman. I am trying to play them to make them happy. How can I get them to sign ?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimmy, just reading that you are so far into the game......just wondering how many goals you've managed to hget from Ronaldo in the game over the course of so many seasons?

He has been great for me, top goalscorer for me for 2 seasons out of the 4. He usually takes Penalties but I have a regen who takes them now and he still finished with 20 goals. He usually scores around 22/23 per season for me. The biggest wonder is how he has never won World Player/Footballer of the Year even though he averages around 7.40+ every season.

Just finished m first season after winning the league, and losing in the final of the Champs League.

Rooney was awesome! scored 43 goals in the league!

Just signed Gigi Buffon and Asenjo as my keeper and future keeper.

Added Philip Lahm to take Gary Nevilles place at RB, and Mattieu Flamini as cover for Fletcher (who is outstanding), carrick, and Anderson who has a LT injury.

Where else could my team be strengthened

GK Buffon, Asenjo

RB Lahm/Rafael

LB Evra/O Shea

CB Vidic/Pepe/Rio/Brown/Evans

RM Ronaldo/Huigian/Park

LM Gaurdado/Nani

CM Fletcher/Carrick/Anderson/Flamini

ST Berbatov/Rooney/Progrebnyak/Campbell/Higuan

Also got some good youngsters waiting in the wings. saivet (on loan at Juve) John fleck, Wijnaldum, Sniejder, Sahko, and a couple of young spanish kids.

Any suggestions as to how to strengthen further, either 1st team wise, or for future.

Just finished m first season after winning the league, and losing in the final of the Champs League.

Rooney was awesome! scored 43 goals in the league!

Just signed Gigi Buffon and Asenjo as my keeper and future keeper.

Added Philip Lahm to take Gary Nevilles place at RB, and Mattieu Flamini as cover for Fletcher (who is outstanding), carrick, and Anderson who has a LT injury.

Where else could my team be strengthened

GK Buffon, Asenjo

RB Lahm/Rafael

LB Evra/O Shea

CB Vidic/Pepe/Rio/Brown/Evans

RM Ronaldo/Huigian/Park

LM Gaurdado/Nani

CM Fletcher/Carrick/Anderson/Flamini

ST Berbatov/Rooney/Progrebnyak/Campbell/Higuan

Also got some good youngsters waiting in the wings. saivet (on loan at Juve) John fleck, Wijnaldum, Sniejder, Sahko, and a couple of young spanish kids.

Any suggestions as to how to strengthen further, either 1st team wise, or for future.

I know that I am not answering your question but I am really struggling to get any of my strikers scoring! I have Rooney/Berbs/Tevez/Balotelli/Campbell but just can't get them scoring as I'd like. Does anyone have any suggestions?

witsel won't go out on loan, no one wants him, might sell him...:s

and saivet won't go out for the same reason! grr

Bes thing to do is to transfer and loan list him, then hope some one comes in with a bid of a loan with a price set to buy him at the end. Then go on the offer and set the buy price to none set and they will come back with a loan offer.

hey people

im in united in my first season in patch 9.02

i have 8.5 mill left and thats my squad

GK foster-VDS-asenjo

DR neville-apam-brown

DL evra-oshea

DC vidic-ferdinand-evans

MR ronaldo-nani

ML tosic-giggs-fleck

MC carrick-carioca-anderson

FC berba-tevez-rooney-lewandowski

rooney is currently my leading scorer with 22 strikes in all competitions and im in mid november

is my squad good enough?

also what instructions do you give carrick and berbatov

how much does santon cost in that time of the season?

thnx in advance

how can u find the PA of regens?

Magic ;)

Really, you have to use an in game editor, i used it to update the Da Silva's and Possebon's stats in my save. It shows all the CA and PA of all player including regens, i try not to look but this guy was so good i wanted to know.

I use the FMRTE in game editor.

Just after completing my second season in charge at United. Really happy with my tactics for this season, won everything in my first season but unfortunately this year i missed out on the FA Cup but won everything else.

A few stand-out performers that deserve a mention for me were my 3 main goal scorers, Rooney+Ronaldo+Berbatov. Really impressed with their contributions for the season. Scored a combined total of 104 goals between the 3 of them.

Rooney got 47 goals in 52 apperances

Berbatov got 22 goals in 51 apperances

and

Ronaldo got 35 goals in 57 apperances

Haven't really bought anyone of note, except for Rossi(bit part player), Pique(Rio's replacement over next few years), Tosic and Ljajic.

Anyway here's a couple of screen shots of my season......

SQUAD

manchesterunitedwy9.th.png

FORMATION

manchesterunited2cr4.th.png

LANDMARKS

manchesterunited3mo9.th.png

Just beat Arsenal 4-1 at Emerates :)

Past record against them is very good, W16 D4 L4 GD+18

This season they beat me 2-1 in Community Shield and i jsut beat them there, highlight of the match was Vela chipping their keeper and then kissing the badge on his chest!! They probably would have destroyed me if they had a good keeper on. They played their reserves keeper as Almunia and Fabz were injured.

Anderson has scored 40 goals in 6 seasons for me, and 63 assists

Im happy with that,

anderson1314rn5.th.png

o yer, i downloaded that but it sorta confused me, jus used it to check the PA of one of my regen strikers, 194 :D.

I always thought possebon and that da silvas were underrated in th FM09...but i won't change them..well unless the 9.0.3 patch underrates them again...

I changed the Da Silva's and Possebon's stats to what they will be in the 9.0.3 patch.

But the patch wont change your current save game, so you have to use FMRTE to change them in game, i also made a slight change to Carrick flair and crossing i put up a bit.

Fabio and Rafael can be good in current patch as they have -8 PA for Rafael and -9 for Fabio it is just less likely.

On the basis of other people's Andersons, he's improved quite well on mine, but that might be down to playing him a lot of the time like Jonny Evans.

As for Arsenal, I recently beat them 2-0 away in the league. Think I'd lost all three before that so it was about time. I just played vry defensively and hit them on the counter for Tevez's goal and the 2nd was a Rio corner header. Foster had a pretty good game in goal, mind.

I changed the Da Silva's and Possebon's stats to what they will be in the 9.0.3 patch.

But the patch wont change your current save game, so you have to use FMRTE to change them in game, i also made a slight change to Carrick flair and crossing i put up a bit.

Fabio and Rafael can be good in current patch as they have -8 PA for Rafael and -9 for Fabio it is just less likely.

yer, i am gonna start a new game with man utd when the 9.0.3 patch comes out, i want llajic and tosic in the team, and not forgetting ritchie de laet in the reserve squad XD.

I presume both the brothers should have at least -8 PA, and llajic -9?

i wished i hadnt twigged how to use FMRTE, i couldn't help buy making one U18 player a bit too good...i sold rossi because of it :S but i am slowly winding down this game coz of the patch soon.

Any ideas when that is released?

How can people seriously be selling Anderson?

Easily my best player and most consistent performer, and I'm only in Feb 2010. I love him, he just picks the ball up in midfield (usually after brutally bashing someone off it :cool:) then runs past like 3 players, and plays an amazing through ball that we score from, or plays a defence splitting pass to Nani/Ronaldo outwide, who then cut it back for Rooney/Tevez.. He's the main player that can get the ball and dictate the play. He replaced Scholes ages ago, like 2 months into my first season for that reason.

yer, i am gonna start a new game with man utd when the 9.0.3 patch comes out, i want llajic and tosic in the team, and not forgetting ritchie de laet in the reserve squad XD.

I presume both the brothers should have at least -8 PA, and llajic -9?

i wished i hadnt twigged how to use FMRTE, i couldn't help buy making one U18 player a bit too good...i sold rossi because of it :S but i am slowly winding down this game coz of the patch soon.

Any ideas when that is released?

I guess both Da Silva's will have -9 PA as one currently has -9.

Im not sure about Ljajic he currently has PA 162 and i think that might stay the same or a slight bump up.

Tosic has 168 PA which might go up too.

I have forced my self never to change a regen using FMRTE becuase havnt seen them play.

Only players i have changed are the Brazilain trio to the editor's specs also increased Carrick's flair and Vidic's infulence.

Im tempted to give Liverpool -£1billion balance :D

which one has -9? they are both cr@p for me!

isn't ljajic supposed to have the potential to be better than tosic? surely ljajic should be like 175...

do it! (the liverpool thing)

Fabio has -9 PA but starts with lower CA than Rafael.

Both will have -9 PA in 9.0.3 i think.

The Serbian researches are doing Tosic and Ljajic so i dont know, but Ljajic does supposed to have great potential.

Liverpool are already low down in the leage and having money problems so there no need.

whats wrong with you people why wont anyone answer my questions?????

Post a scren shot of your squad its easier to see.

But from what you have it looks alright, i would play Nani on the left and Ronaldo on the right.

Santon im not sure in the 3rd season Inter wanted £80 mill so i left it.

Just after completing my second season in charge at United. Really happy with my tactics for this season, won everything in my first season but unfortunately this year i missed out on the FA Cup but won everything else.

A few stand-out performers that deserve a mention for me were my 3 main goal scorers, Rooney+Ronaldo+Berbatov. Really impressed with their contributions for the season. Scored a combined total of 104 goals between the 3 of them.

Rooney got 47 goals in 52 apperances

Berbatov got 22 goals in 51 apperances

and

Ronaldo got 35 goals in 57 apperances

Haven't really bought anyone of note, except for Rossi(bit part player), Pique(Rio's replacement over next few years), Tosic and Ljajic.

Anyway here's a couple of screen shots of my season......

SQUAD

manchesterunitedwy9.th.png

FORMATION

manchesterunited2cr4.th.png

LANDMARKS

manchesterunited3mo9.th.png

Anyone got any tips on how i can improve my team? As you can probably tell i'm trying to keep as close to real life but also throwing in a couple of players from United's past that i feel can make a difference. Contemplating bring back Ruud on a season long loan.....just cause i can. He's be a sub though. 4th choice at most, as Welbeck is 3rd choice now ahead of Tevez.

thnx mate but what about the instructions for carrick and berba?

Not sure about Berba i play Tevez and Rooney.

Carrick it depends if he is you defencive or attacking CM, put often through balls where ever he is.

through ball

Anyone got any tips on how i can improve my team? As you can probably tell i'm trying to keep as close to real life but also throwing in a couple of players from United's past that i feel can make a difference. Contemplating bring back Ruud on a season long loan.....just cause i can. He's be a sub though. 4th choice at most, as Welbeck is 3rd choice now ahead of Tevez.

I wouldnt bring back Ruud he will just stop your youngseters getting games.

Looks pretty good other than that, just look for youngsters to replace Neville and what ever else you want.

Does anyone actually know when the patch is going to be released? I cant wait to see what the Da' Silva twins turn out to be like. I've searched for it on the forums but can't find anything.

I think it is February but it could be March.

After changing the Da Silva's to what they will be in the next patch using the editor they have tured out well, Fabio can be as good as Evra.:cool:

No one else had amazing good form with Campbell? He has replaced berbatov.

He's still in my reserves but is Englands 4th choice striker, always in the squads and has about 12 caps/5 goals but he's been injury prone for me which is why i haven't made him a member of my first team squad yet. I'm just about to start my 3rd season btw

League cup fourth round, my young guns just went out to West brom, bojan and balotelli scored, and my regen i sold them scored against me and then they scored again, ronaldo and balotelli missed the first two penalties, veloso scored but it was too late

He's still in my reserves but is Englands 4th choice striker, always in the squads and has about 12 caps/5 goals but he's been injury prone for me which is why i haven't made him a member of my first team squad yet. I'm just about to start my 3rd season btw

hmm ok, he has some good pace about him, he is lethal in the box.

Stop ****ing posting PA's and CA's. Use bloody spoilers.

Sorry, i couldnt find how to put spoiler thing in, am i being an idiot?

I tried to metion as little PA and CA as could but still answer someones question.

Woops, i mentioned Ljajic and Tosic's, sorry.

How have people chnaged Fabio and Rafaels PA? Did they use an in game editor or do it before you started a new game on the editor?

I used the FMRTE in game editor to update thier stats to what they will be in 9.3, which sould be out soon. The Man United researcher said the file has been sent off

i dont know if anyone else has noticed, but carlos tevez can easily get golden boot and player of the year if he is played regularly, rather than playing rooney regularly make tevez the first on the sheet with rooney/berbatov

i dont know if anyone else has noticed, but carlos tevez can easily get golden boot and player of the year if he is played regularly, rather than playing rooney regularly make tevez the first on the sheet with rooney/berbatov

I have Rooney and Tevez first choice, Tevez performs better and scores important goals but Rooney edges it on goals scored.

I am currently in my 2nd season and suffering a slump, keep on drawing games.

Foster seems a liability to me, wont come off his line to much when there is a through ball to be snuffled out, Rooney and Berbatov have not been scoring so things not going well.

I find Rooney in furiating he just blasts everything all the time, when he could really just take it past the keeper. If he did that more often I would have won at least 50% more games. I dropped him in the end cause I got so annoyed with it.

At the beginning of the third season, I have too many midfielders. I am looking to sell one of Darren Fletcher, Owen Hargreaves, or Michael Carrick. Hargreaves is 29, Carrick 28, an Fletcher 26. So, who should I sell?

Sell Fletcher, the others are too good to sell.

Archived