FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i reckon the issue with berbs may be a bug, i mean most of us struggle to get him to play well. i couldnt. i even struggle to get rooney/tevez/ronaldo to play well for long!

You could have a word with the Man United researcher hear.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2585504#post2585504

I have never really had Berbatov as a first teamer, just as a sub he usually does well when he gets a chance though

I dont think its a bug mabye you could ask about his stats on the data page.

How could your inability to get Berbatov to play well be a bug? Of course it isn't. I can get him to play well, he's my topscorer. Hence it's not a bug, discussion over. Just change his tactics around. Never leave a player's instructions the same for long periods of time. They start to get less effective.

How has Rooney been for you guys in 9.2? I signed him for 42M (Us Dollars) for Sporting CP. I know, I still dont even know how he is coming to Portugal but he was transfer listed.

He seems to have low finishing and composure, how would you play him?

Thanks

He is awsome for me been my top scorer in 3 out of 4 seasons.

Also you can train him as a AMR where he can be effective.

hi :) i've decided to sell Anderson, because of a couple of reasons, mainly his stats and performance it's strange actually because he was developing rapidly with 15 + goals and 10 + asissts for both first 2 seasons but after a hard 6-7 month injury didn't quite manager to pick up his form, and i boaght Matias Fernandez who made himself a first team choice for me and i decided to sell Anderson after looking at a young Amc from Ghana

How good is Arshavin? He's currently 29 and in Man City's Reserves so I'm guessing I could bring him in for a few million. Would he be worth it? Not really intending to keep him for a long time, just an AMC for Scholes at the end of the season, so I have an extra few more years to let my young AMC regens mature and hopefully be able to replace Arshavin.

How good is Arshavin? He's currently 29 and in Man City's Reserves so I'm guessing I could bring him in for a few million. Would he be worth it? Not really intending to keep him for a long time, just an AMC for Scholes at the end of the season, so I have an extra few more years to let my young AMC regens mature and hopefully be able to replace Arshavin.

Post a screen shot of yor squad, without seeing it i would say don't sign him.

Just finished my first season Won the Premiership easily with about 5 games left. Won the European Cup beating Barcelona 2-0 in the final. Also won the the Charity Shield, Super Cup and World Champions Cup. Lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup final and lost in the 1/4 finals of the League Cup but I played my youngsters in that competition.

So a very good season Ronaldo and Rooney were my top perfomers along with Vidic. Im looking to sell Fletcher and Brown this season and looking to bring some of my youngsters through like Rafeal, Fabio, Possebon, Welbeck, Chester, Cathcart.

I'm looking to sign a good right back to replace Neville and a Left back to cover for Evra. Any ideas?

Cheers

If you want a youngster for the future davide santon is a solid right back for me, and can be trained to be a left back. Also, there is jerome boateng from HSV who has been impeccable for me aswell. I trained jonny evans to be a right and left back aswell and he has been a really great back up for me.

thats about all the input i can give you sorry.

Just finished my first season Won the Premiership easily with about 5 games left. Won the European Cup beating Barcelona 2-0 in the final. Also won the the Charity Shield, Super Cup and World Champions Cup. Lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup final and lost in the 1/4 finals of the League Cup but I played my youngsters in that competition.

So a very good season Ronaldo and Rooney were my top perfomers along with Vidic. Im looking to sell Fletcher and Brown this season and looking to bring some of my youngsters through like Rafeal, Fabio, Possebon, Welbeck, Chester, Cathcart.

I'm looking to sign a good right back to replace Neville and a Left back to cover for Evra. Any ideas?

Cheers

I guess you are on the 9.2 patch, so i reccomend that you use FMRTE to change Fabio and Rafael's and Possebon's stats to what the Man United researcher suggests. Thats just makes it more likely they will develop, if you dont they can still become United class its just less likely.

Back up left back could be Helen a bit young though. Santon will be world class but could be expencive.

I have to say I've found Srna as one the best buys ever - he makes that right mid spot his own and plus he's a great spot kick taker for me. Bought him at the start of the first season for 15million pounds. I was going to use him as RB when Neville retired, but by then Rafael was able to play well enough, so I put Srna as RM.

I've retrained Ronaldo has striker and in the third season now he's definitely my main striker. Scored 30 goals in the league, for a total of 39 for the season. Yeah, same as last year IRL...but it was still pretty cool. Plus he had 15 assists.

Got rid of Tevez and Berba as they just wouldn't score - Berba 20 mil back to Spurs and Tevez 35m to Roma.

Can I ask a question about FMRTE. How do I change the Current Reputation, the United researcher has said change them to 115 or summat when in the FMRTE they are like in the 5000's and summat?

Cheers

Just after completing my second season in charge at United. Really happy with my tactics for this season, won everything in my first season but unfortunately this year i missed out on the FA Cup but won everything else.

A few stand-out performers that deserve a mention for me were my 3 main goal scorers, Rooney+Ronaldo+Berbatov. Really impressed with their contributions for the season. Scored a combined total of 104 goals between the 3 of them.

Rooney got 47 goals in 52 apperances

Berbatov got 22 goals in 51 apperances

and

Ronaldo got 35 goals in 57 apperances

Haven't really bought anyone of note, except for Rossi(bit part player), Pique(Rio's replacement over next few years), Tosic and Ljajic.

Anyway here's a couple of screen shots of my season......

SQUAD

manchesterunitedwy9.th.png

FORMATION

manchesterunited2cr4.th.png

LANDMARKS

manchesterunited3mo9.th.png

This tactic is based around the United team of real life so the attributes that suit each position are the ones that are currently evident in the United team.

Team should be laid out as follows:

GK: Basic Gk Normally Foster

DR: Attacking attributes are a plus but once they are solid defensively you'll be fine Wes Brown did well for me before Rafael developed.

DL:Same as DR

DCR: Ball playing centre half in the mould of Rio

DCL: The better Defender of your two centre halfs(Vidic/Terry mould)

ML: Normal winger; i've rotated between Giggs/park/Nani and Tosic

MCR-Defensive midfielder(Carrick/Hargreaves)

MCL- Attacking midfielder (Carrick/Scholes/Anderson)

AMR- Simply Cristiano Ronaldo

FCR- Put Rooney in this position. Remarkable results scored over 40goals each of the last two seasons

FCL- Berbatov type striker.Target man that is technically good too

As with any tactic this it take a while for your team to blend and get used to the formation

Thought I'd upload this tactic and see what all you guys think and hopefully get some feedback on it. Let me know if you's give it a try.

Link is:

http://files.filefront.com/Near+Perfection+Man+Utd+J0tac/;13102726;/fileinfo.html

BTW; I've got 5 star training for everything and mainly just go with whatever my assistant say for teamtalks and the OI setting i set every player on their team to be closed down often, show onto weaker foot and hard tackling.

Some questions about my tactic have been asked already as i uploaded the tactic into the tactics forum the other day,the link to that thread is: http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=96488

hello

im nearing the end of my first year and i want a DM whos a tough tackler and agressive and who can create chances to replace my inconsistent carrick who has been disasteous all season

im on patch 9.01 and have about 20 mill in the bank

Can I ask a question about FMRTE. How do I change the Current Reputation, the United researcher has said change them to 115 or summat when in the FMRTE they are like in the 5000's and summat?

Cheers

The current reputation on FMRTE is different for some reason its in the 1000s, on the data base editor it is in the 100s. Don't know why so i left it

Wow. A lot of nice talent available on frees.. Just get the Generation Shortlist packs, and you'll be noted when any of them are available due to their contract expiring. Quite fun. Bojan on a free, and Madrid want him for £20m.

i am fed up, my game save is unloadable for the second time!

what a joke!

i am jus gonna wait till the new patch and start another game, which was my plan anyway, but when is that new patch coming out? i am now sorta bored waiting for it...

i might start a man utd game with the 9.0.2 patch jus to have something to do...

Get in there Ronaldo has just cleaned up the awards he has just won World Footballer of the Year, European Footballer of the Year, World Player of the year and Midfielder of the year. What a player!

I presumed the patch would be out a week or two after the close of the window across europe, but apparently it might not be out for around a month, or even two!

i think a new game taking watford to the prem might be on the cards!

Where have you heard this?

i was surfing around the forums and some guy was saying that they were gonna re-assess some of the players to update their stats after the transfer window closed. I up that it isn't true! i want FM!

They are updating player stats, for United main changes are for Da Silvas, Possebon, Evans. The researcher said he had done them and sent the file to SI. So if they are not adding any other changes to do with matches etc then I guess it will be out early Feb.

But if there are big changes and they ran a beta test it may be later. I hope not.

If you want a new game you could look on the challenges forum. I have another game as Luton just got in to Championship. Have a few United youngsters who's contracts ran out. Gray and Chester are awsome for me as was Fabio on loan. It seems to take half the time to do a season with Luton too.

8andersonor3.png

this is my anderson. 2nd season into the game.

my third saved game on fm 09.

first saved game i played united to five seasons.

and bought messi for 37mils.

and i also bought guardado, who is simply amazing!

my 2nd saved game, the game had some errors, after saving it, for some reasons i cant load

the saved game. hmm

and for my third saved game now..

i love anderson(:

the first season he had 22 starts and 9 subs. he helped me with 13 assists.

he is only 21. so i believe he will keep improving.

and btw, scholes is also still one of my fav(:

2nd season and his stats didn drop as much as giggs.

probably a little on the physical aspects. but the others, he is brilliant!

mental attributes definitely better than my anderson.

though i expect his stats to mayb start dropping alot by 3rd season..

Just won the league 2nd season in a row!

Buying back tevez for 30mil, and Gago for 18mil

Barca have jsut bought Nani for 31 and Anderson for 48mil! Couldnt say no. To be honest both were bit part players anyway.

I want to Keep EVDS and Giggs as coaches but both want mega wages - do i just leave it till tyhey are rlease and sign them back?

Just won the league 2nd season in a row!

Buying back tevez for 30mil, and Gago for 18mil

Barca have jsut bought Nani for 31 and Anderson for 48mil! Couldnt say no. To be honest both were bit part players anyway.

I want to Keep EVDS and Giggs as coaches but both want mega wages - do i just leave it till tyhey are rlease and sign them back?

Yes for Giggs and VDS let them leave then sign them they ask for like 2k or somthing.

Giggs just became Portsmouth manager in my game, sad to see him leave but will loan him some good players.

What do you think of this regen striker i have.

warrenboothva6.th.png

I used to think he was going to be awsome when he was about 17, but he hasnt progressed as well as i want.

His decisions, passing and heading are a bit of concern.

I might loan him out.

What do you think?

Lee89 - I play Ronaldo at AMR with a free role, an he does the business.

The fact that he can't head or dribble isn't good. Pace and strength is good and all but if you can't dribble or head a ball you'd have to be some sort of uber finisher. Which he's not. He might do a good job if you give him the right tactics but it's too late for him to change his stats dramatically now. He should have been put on his own training schedule.

A real dilemma boys,

I've just made it through to the FA Cup final to play either Chelsea or Spurs, top the league with a game in hand and in the semi-finals of the Champions League against Chelsea with the possibility of an English semi-final line-up.

Now here's the problem - both Rooney and Berbatov have been forced out with injury for two months so will miss the rest of the season, leaving me with just Tevez and Manucho as recognised strikers. I also have Ronaldo, Scholes and Giggs capable of playing a role up front.

So my question is, who should I partner Tevez for the remainder of the season? Or should I just play him on his own? And has anyone got an effective 4-4-1-1 formation to play with?

Thanks in advance.

play ronaldo as a winger/amr/mr. he is best on the right, and effective on the left as well.

as a striker, i do use him once in a while, but never as good when on flanks.

lee89 why dun u use us ur personal intruction and tatics for ronaldo?

and from there we see how we can help u:)

Im in 2011 and my board are in the middle of a takeover :( This has been the case since May and it is now December. I have already missed one transfer window as the board will not allow me to purchase anyone until it is resolved. The sad part is i have been building up a young squad and have over 600m pounds in the bank and are gaining roughly 4-5 m per month profit.

Does anyone know if i will lose all the money i have been saving up when the boardroom sorts itself out?

Archived