FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Administration? Very nice. Just buy all their squad, I'm sure you could easily make a lot of money. For some reason, I expect same will happen to Man City soon, too. They buy players for ridiculous amounts of money and sell them for really low prices.

Some of Man City's players they've bought then sold.

Bought Sold

Elano 8m 4.6m

Garrido 1.8m 3.1m

Anyukov 8.25m 5.75m

Zabaleta 6.5 3.6m

Jo 18m 3.9m

Kompany 6.75m 3.2m

Shaun W-P 8.5m 3.2m

Park J-S 10m 230k

Arshavin 17.25m 2.1m

Yobo 15.75m 2m

Total - About 100m - About 31.7m

So, out of 10 players, only one they made profit on? Stupid. This was just their last season, and they 'lost' almost 70m.

i got torres when liverpool went into admininstration in 2011 , got him for 5m ,scored 22 goals in 38 games for me , hes 28!,great buy ,also got ryan babel ,hes scored 4 in 11 games , got him also for 5m,and got goran pandev for 6m, use him as a super sub scores every time he comes on !!

Just been offered the man utd job in 2014. I've never seen such a bad squad, gonna take alot of work this one haha

Screenshot?

Maybe some of us can help you out. Although I guess it'll be mostly regens by then, so it shouldn't be hard if you know where to look. Can easily pick up regens for cheap prices.

Screenshot?

Maybe some of us can help you out. Although I guess it'll be mostly regens by then, so it shouldn't be hard if you know where to look. Can easily pick up regens for cheap prices.

I'm in 2014 and have 3 first team/rotation regens, the rest are originals.

But yea post a screen shot im interested to see it.

Another update. Just finished my second season now and won the League with 3 games left conceding just 17 goals! I also won the European Cup with a 3-2 over Real Madrid after extra time. My team for most of the season was

Gk. Asenjo

RB. Lahm/Rafael

LB. Evra/Fabio

CB. Ferdinand/Evans

CB. Vidic

MR. Ronaldo/Young/Ljajic

ML. Nani/Tosic

MC. Anderson/Witsel

MC. Carrick/Hargreaves/Possebon

ST. Rooney/Tevez

ST. Berbatov/Campbell/Welbeck

So another good season. My Under 18's won the League and Cup I have loads of regens performing very well. Looking to bring so through this season.

2013/14 Update

I'm midway through the 2013/14 season but haven't done an update for a while.

2012/13 Season Review

Probably my best season yet, I won the League, the CL, the League cup for the first time and the World Championship.

Was really happy with my squad they worked well together and some regens started to develop.

My first team was

Akinfeev

Rafinha/Neville

Rio

Vidic

Evra

Ronaldo

Hargreaves

Carrick

Nani

Tevez - AWSOME, loads of goals, World player of the Year

Rooney

Plus i rotated alot in the CM with Witsel, Camacho and Wilshire.

Balotelli, Bojan, Welbeck and Berbatov featured in small games and during injuries

Thats was Neville's last season especially as i now have a world class right back regen who is better than Rafinha.

2013/14 season

Have 3 very good regens a RB, CB and CM, plus a few other decent ones.

Neville not getting a game, Rio the odd game, Carrick only a few games, Evra declining fast.

Rio is now only used in big games as i have a world class Mexican CB who is much like Rio but even stronger. Best player of the 2013/14 season so far.

Vidic and Hargreaves are still strong, Berbatov does a decent job.

I have Helen a good french LB not a regen who has potential.

Plus I got Torres for 100k with Liverpool in adminstration.

Not too much on the transfer front, Sold Di Maria, Brown, Fabio, Saviet, Asenjo (was rubbish and i got Fiorillo who is better) and only signed regens

I retrained Rafael to play LB when Fabio left, its like having both of them. They were both cover so never played together so its no different.

Reilly, have you had any problems with Saivet not liking Rooney, and finding him difficult to work with? This happened to me within a couple of seasons of signing Saivet. I sent him out on loan to Aston Villa for a season and when he came back everything was rosey, until the next season when it all flared up again. Rooney doesnt seem to have any problems with Saivet.

Anyone got any ideas on this and if there is a way to solve it? Or is the only solution to sell one of them? I am also having similar problems with a promising english regen and Guardado. Thanks!

Reilly, have you had any problems with Saivet not liking Rooney, and finding him difficult to work with? This happened to me within a couple of seasons of signing Saivet. I sent him out on loan to Aston Villa for a season and when he came back everything was rosey, until the next season when it all flared up again. Rooney doesnt seem to have any problems with Saivet.

Anyone got any ideas on this and if there is a way to solve it? Or is the only solution to sell one of them? I am also having similar problems with a promising english regen and Guardado. Thanks!

No i had no problems with Saviet and Rooney, but i have sold Saviet now I have got Rooney, Tevez, Torres, Bojan, Ballotelli, Welbeck.

I had a problem with Berbatov and Welbeck but that went away and never came back. I just left it.

I'm looking to sign a striker this year Torres or Santa Cruz fit the bill as I want someone quick and good in the air. Blackburn want 23 million for Santa Cruz and Liverpool have rejected 50 million for Torres. Hmmmm?

I'm looking to sign a striker this year Torres or Santa Cruz fit the bill as I want someone quick and good in the air. Blackburn want 23 million for Santa Cruz and Liverpool have rejected 50 million for Torres. Hmmmm?

I got Torres for 100k :D Jelous?

You could try Balotelli he is as good in the air as Torres and younger, but could be expencive.

Alrite guys, just started a United save.

I managed to sell Fletcher for 30 mill cash up front to Man City. God knows how im all patched up and i thought you could only do this on previous versions. Anyway having sold him i need to someone to come in and play the same role he did, any suggestions?

Im gonna be playing 4-4-2

GK:VDS, Foster

DR:Neville, Brown

DL:Evra, O'Shea

DC:Ferdinand, Evans

DC:Vidic, O'Shea

MR:Ronaldo, PJS

ML:Giggs, Nani

MCa:Scholes, Anderson, ?????

MCd:Carrick, Hargreves, ?????

FC:Rooney, Tevez

FC:Berbatov, ?????

I cant see where a player needs to be bought in really the squad is so well balanced, i thinkin of bringing in Joe Mattock and backup to Evra?

Alrite guys, just started a United save.

I managed to sell Fletcher for 30 mill cash up front to Man City. God knows how im all patched up and i thought you could only do this on previous versions. Anyway having sold him i need to someone to come in and play the same role he did, any suggestions?

Im gonna be playing 4-4-2

GK:VDS, Foster

DR:Neville, Brown

DL:Evra, O'Shea

DC:Ferdinand, Evans

DC:Vidic, O'Shea

MR:Ronaldo, PJS

ML:Giggs, Nani

MCa:Scholes, Anderson, ?????

MCd:Carrick, Hargreves, ?????

FC:Rooney, Tevez

FC:Berbatov, ?????

I cant see where a player needs to be bought in really the squad is so well balanced, i thinkin of bringing in Joe Mattock and backup to Evra?

You should try to sign Axel Witsel he is a very good player and young and cheap.

Then you should just sign for the future. Possebon, Welbeck, Rafael and Fabio could all become good but they might not, try to loan them out.

Okay here's my review on my first season. Pretty good I think

Premiership: Won it by one point above Arsenal on the final day. Nerve racking final few fixtures!

F.A Cup: Defeated Portsmouth 2-0 to win :D

Champions League: Lost in the final to Barcelona 2-1 after extra time. Messi scored a late winner.

League Cup: Played reserves and lost to Arsenal in the semi final.

W.C.C: Won it 4-0 in the final!

European Super Cup: Defeated Zenit 3-0

Charity Shield: Beat Portsmouth on penalties. Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov all injured haha

Gutted losing to Barca in the final, but I had injuries to Vidic and Rafinha so my defense was weaker than normal. Delighted about the rest!

Matias Fernandez was my top scorer with 32 goals in all competitions. Best bit of business I've done!

Tranfers In:

Matis Fernandez (Villereal) £10.5m

Rafinha (Schalke) £13.5m

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax) £15m

Total: £39 Mil

Transfers Out:

Darren Fletcher (Man City) £20m

Ji-Sung Park (Sampdoria) £9m

Tomasz Kuszczak (Tottenham) £4m

Total: £33m

Huntelaar has been awful for me so I might get rid of him. Hargreaves is going in a few days to Seville for £21m and I have Asenjo and Van der Vaart on their way to me (£7.25m and £11.5m respectively). Need a new winger for backup and possibly another defender too. I have Brown and Evans on backup so need another central defender and another left back. Interest in O'Shea is high so I may cash in. Any ideas? I'll probably have around £30m to spend

hi

i got Huntelaar for 12 million and he is well rubbish sold brown to inter brought in veloso mountino and Matis Fernandez berbatov is banging the golas in with rooney behind him ronaldos out again with broken leg any ideas who to sign to cover him

hi

i got Huntelaar for 12 million and he is well rubbish sold brown to inter brought in veloso mountino and Matis Fernandez berbatov is banging the golas in with rooney behind him ronaldos out again with broken leg any ideas who to sign to cover him

How much money do you have left?

Started a new save, was using the 'Huge DB', but after a few seasons in, it becomes a bit 'laggy' - doesn't respond that well for me.

Quite confused, I start with 24m, and I sell/buy some players, and the difference is +40m.. So i should have about £60m transfer kitty, but I only have 40m - Does board take any to help pay loans?

You have to offer them contracts as coaches before they retire:thup:

No don't, wait untill they have retired then go on to their profie and offer them a contract.

If you do offer them before they retire they ask for about 15k per week but if you wait they only want about 2k.

That's only for player/staff at other teams though, isn't it?

Well what i did with Giggs for example was he said he was retireing so i offered him a contract as a coach and he asked for 15k, which is alot. So i waited untill it came up in my inbox that he had retires so i clicked on him and he was unattached so i offered him a contract and he asked for 2k.

Now he is Portsmouth manager.:eek:

This regen has been awsome for me, he has replaced a 35 year old Rio Ferdinand.

romeraqi0.png

w800.png

He gets loads of goals and important late winner. I suppose haveing heading 19 and jumping 19 helps.

He is a bit like a super hybrid of Rio and Vidic. Could do with a bit of Vidic's bravey, but that migth come with age. As he is only 20.

His hair is awful!

He looks very good, coulod improve in a few areas but a great player.

How much did he cost?

I downloaded a hair pack so it changes from time to time. It is usually OK, dont know what he is thinking, going for a Drogba look.

He cost me £6.5 mill straight up from America (MEX)

He also has worldwide reputation which is a boost for shirt sales

Archived