FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I need a really quick answer if possible. I am just comming into my 5th season with Utd now, and I have Santon who I use a RB. I have improved his defensive side a lot, 15 for tackiling for example. I do have other players who can play there: Jonny Evans who I have re trrained to RB and a young 18 year old regen, who I think could be ready for 1st team. Brown and Neville have gone.

Anyway, Inter have offered me £45m for Santon. I signed him for £2.1 in the 1st season. I also owe them 30% of any profit made on the player. So basically I would get £32.1m out of the deal. I can't get Ramos for that. What would you guys do?

Thanks.

Hi,

I need a really quick answer if possible. I am just comming into my 5th season with Utd now, and I have Santon who I use a RB. I have improved his defensive side a lot, 15 for tackiling for example. I do have other players who can play there: Jonny Evans who I have re trrained to RB and a young 18 year old regen, who I think could be ready for 1st team. Brown and Neville have gone.

Anyway, Inter have offered me £45m for Santon. I signed him for £2.1 in the 1st season. I also owe them 30% of any profit made on the player. So basically I would get £32.1m out of the deal. I can't get Ramos for that. What would you guys do?

Thanks.

Depends how good the regen is, I have a 20 year old RB better than Santon, if yours is this good then you could sell him.

But if your Regen isn't world class, which every United player should be, then I would keep him. Right back is possibly hardest place to fill on the game and I offered £60 mill for Santon in season 4 which was rejected then I found my regen.

Depends how good the regen is, I have a 20 year old RB better than Santon, if yours is this good then you could sell him.

But if your Regen isn't world class, which every United player should be, then I would keep him. Right back is possibly hardest place to fill on the game and I offered £60 mill for Santon in season 4 which was rejected then I found my regen.

Sorry, I was in such a hurry to post last night got my regen's mixed up. My RB regen is a 15 year old. I have high hopes for him, but it's too soon at the moment, unless you guy's think otherwise?

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=schontl2.jpg

Here is Santon:

http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=santonkz1.jpg

Sorry, I was in such a hurry to post last night got my regen's mixed up. My RB regen is a 15 year old. I have high hopes for him, but it's too soon at the moment, unless you guy's think otherwise?

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=schontl2.jpg

Here is Santon:

http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=santonkz1.jpg

I would keep Santon, he is only going to get better and thier are not many good RBs around.

Regen is very very young he has potential but who knows what he will do.

I sold ronaldo.

/Flame away.

He wasnt performing for me at all so i thought enough was enough & reeled in the cash while i still could.

Got 45m for him, so im now looking for another RM, Im thinkin ashley young but they want 39M for him :O

Is he worth it or any other reccomendations?

( Jan season 1 ;) yes im impatient with ronaldo lol, & the patch with the jan transfer window :) )

I sold ronaldo.

/Flame away.

He wasnt performing for me at all so i thought enough was enough & reeled in the cash while i still could.

Got 45m for him, so im now looking for another RM, Im thinkin ashley young but they want 39M for him :O

Is he worth it or any other reccomendations?

( Jan season 1 ;) yes im impatient with ronaldo lol, & the patch with the jan transfer window :) )

You sold Ronaldo, the best player on the game FACT

His PA is

196, the highest in the game

In other words you can't replace him.

And its even worse you sold him for £45 million, that my friend is criminal. In a couple of seasons Santon costs £60 mill or more.

START AGAIN :D

Ronaldo is only 3 goals off being the record goals scorer for the club, He's currently on 196/7 league goals, I have been playing him upfront though.

I'm a good bit in on my game here's my team..

GK: Mandanda

RB: Di Silvestre/Regen

LB: Evra/Bale

CB: Zapata/Regen

CB: Regen/Regen

RM: Regen/Nani

LM: Messi/Regen

CM: Veloso/Regen

CM: Camacho/Regen

ST: Ronaldo/Regen

ST: Bojan/Regen

I know you can't really gauge my team from that with all the regens but tbh I really can't be bothered to Screenshot them all. I can tell you that my CB and one of my CM regens are two worldclass players, Arsenal even offered £80 million for Tanko (cm)

I haven't played as Man Utd on FM, but I would imagine:

GK - VdS is a good player but aging, so I would get a young keeper such as Vincenzo Fiorillo or Sergio Asenjo to replace him. Both are good first season and even better after.

DR - Rafael is average, although he is due for a boost in 9.3.0. Neville is also average, and aging. Wes Brown is good, but personally I feel he is better at DC. Try for a new player here, I would splash out and buy Darijo Srna if you can.

MC - You have Scholes, Anderson, Carrick and Hargreaves. Hargreaves is very injury prone, and Scholes is aging. I would buy someone for here, someone creative. Veloso would be a good choice.

Apart from them, I think the Man Utd squad is very good, maybe buy someone for ML but I think the three above are the most important. I'm sure people with history as Utd will be able to give you more help, as I don't know the budget etc etc.

Good luck:thup:

Got Ben Foster who looks pretty decent as a backup keeper for now, & kuzshack (sp) as well so im covered keeper-wise i reckon.

Im playing a typical 442 atm, giggs & nani on the wings as ronaldo is injured. Anderson & carrick in the middle with carrick being more defensively minded to allow anderson to move forward.

Budgets a measly 10M, i ll look into it after the pre-season friendlies to see how i do

Dont buy Riquelme as soon as you buy him his stats will fall due to age,

Neville is excellent are RB he is 39 on my game and still decent back up.

Fiorillo is good but so is Foster.

Hargreaves is awsome on my game and never been injured in 5 season, Carrick seems to drop a bit quickly and Anderson i rubbish on my save so i loan him out to see if he can reach his potential.

You should buy Axel Witsel, only £2 mill he cost me and he is very good as he can play lots of position and is only 19.

You dont really need to buy anyone for the first team untill Neville gets too old and VDS.

But you should by young players like Witsel and Ballotelli.

Okay took all your advice & started again :)

I ve sorted out staff and training schedules, Do you think i should buy anyone at the start?

You didn't need to start again because some people don't want you to sell Ronaldo, its up to you and if he doesn't fit into your system which is possible if you want to play wingers who cross and assist as if thats the case he would only be useful as a striker, although a damn good striker maybe the best. It would only make your game a bit more challenging and interesting without him and could possibly get Messi for £45m.

Anyway as for signings there aren't many that need to be made, maybe an extra striker or young players. Riquelme is deffinately not average and it might be worth buying him just to tutor Anderson. Just make sure he doesn't ruin his work rate and teamwork as their Riquelme's only really bad areas.

You can get 30m for Fletcher at start of first season, from Man Shity. Park & Brown - Should easily get 10m each for them. Be aware you don't get all the money to spend, as I found out. Guess some is used to help repay the huge loans.

You can get 30m for Fletcher at start of first season, from Man Shity. Park & Brown - Should easily get 10m each for them. Be aware you don't get all the money to spend, as I found out. Guess some is used to help repay the huge loans.

it takes a lot longer in patch 9.2.0 though. if you offer straight away they wont take him straight away for the price you want.

yo i am new to this forum/ game. I have recently fixed my game after having problems setting it up. Anyway i am going to start my game with man u and would like some tips on what to do tactics formation ect. I am using patch 2 btw

Here is my lineup:

GK VDS

DR Gary

DL evra

DC vidic

DC Rio

MR Tevez (sell???)

ML nani

MC carrick

MC fletcher (sell???)

ST rooney

ST Berbatov

maybe sellin tevez and fletcher and bringin in new young ones but i can never seen to get people that are good for under 15 mil :l any tips pls

yo i am new to this forum/ game. I have recently fixed my game after having problems setting it up. Anyway i am going to start my game with man u and would like some tips on what to do tactics formation ect. I am using patch 2 btw

Here is my lineup:

GK VDS

DR Gary

DL evra

DC vidic

DC Rio

MR Tevez (sell???)

ML nani

MC carrick

MC fletcher (sell???)

ST rooney

ST Berbatov

maybe sellin tevez and fletcher and bringin in new young ones but i can never seen to get people that are good for under 15 mil :l any tips pls

--------------------------

Where is Ronaldo, Hargeaves, Anderson, Scholes,

Dont sell Tevez though he is great.

This might sound like a silly question to ask but....what formation would everyone say we used last season? Would it be best described as a 433, 4231, 41221....etc. Gonna try to make the tactic in FM and am having trouble making the basic layout of the formation ie having 3 centre mids, or just the 2 or what?

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

n00b question but, how do you get players to tutor others? :)

Go to the player who you want to be tutored's profile, player interaction. It's in there:thup:

This might sound like a silly question to ask but....what formation would everyone say we used last season? Would it be best described as a 433, 4231, 41221....etc. Gonna try to make the tactic in FM and am having trouble making the basic layout of the formation ie having 3 centre mids, or just the 2 or what?

Thanks

Imo it was 4-3-3

GK - Vds

DR - Brown

DL - Evra

DC - Ferdinand

DC - Vidic

MC - Hargreaves

MC - Carrick

MC - Scholes

AMR - Ronaldo

AML - Rooney

ST - Tevez

Thanks

It was very very rarely 433.

I would say it was pure 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 or 4-2-2-2.

and 4-5-1 aginst big teams which i suppose could be seen as a 4-3-3

I've got too many strikers in my Man Utd save now – Rooney, Berbatov, Saivet, Keirrison, Balotelli, Aguero, and a couple of up-and-coming regens, too. Similar problem in midfield. And defence. Thinking of starting another game, want a decent squad for the future but not with all the players wanting to leave for first team football.

This might be a stupid question, but how do I loan out players? I've tried listing them for loan, with no results. I've tried offering them to other clubs on loan, but that only leads to the club offer money and a future fee, rather than just take them off my hands (assuming there are any offers at all). I've tried changing the percentage of wages paid (don't know whether when offering it's how much I want them to pay or how much I'll pay, however). Etc etc. I've even tried packing them off to Antwerp, but nobody wants to go.

If anyone's got any tips (preferably step by step, as I don't seem to be able to work it out :)) on how to encourage loan offers from other clubs, it'd be greatly appreciated.

It was very very rarely 433.

I would say it was pure 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 or 4-2-2-2.

and 4-5-1 aginst big teams which i suppose could be seen as a 4-3-3

In the Premiership its was and still is a 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 formation depending on who we have out wide.

Against the big european teams we played a 4-3-2-1, I cant remember against who but I remember seeing Tevez and Rooney on the wings and Ronaldo central as a sort of lone striker, so that could be classed as a 4-3-3. However it was usually either Tevez or Rooney as the lone striker with Ronaldo and Rooney/Tevez in wide positions.

Here is my lineup:

GK VDS

DR Gary

DL evra

DC vidic

DC Rio

MR Tevez (sell???)

ML nani

MC carrick

MC fletcher (sell???)

ST rooney

ST Berbatov

dont know if this has been said yet, but the new patch with all the updates should be out soon. so should wait. if you want too.

p.s. well by soon. i mean when they can be bothered.

It doesn't matter what age they are, you just can't seen to loan players!

For example I have Jack Wilshere who was 16, and I couldn't loan him out to anyone.

totally agree. the only players you can really loan are new ones. but then u need to transfer list them to do it. you maybe able to do it with normal players already at the club. but i dont know.

Archived