FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

2nd season, and a lot of changes. Was bored of using same players, so though I'd change a bit.

Sold Rio for 27.5m - replaced with Zapata for 17m

Sold Evra for 26m - Need replacement..

Sold Brown for 10m - Already has Sakho, paid 8m in first season

Sold Hargreaves for 25m - replaced with Veloso for 15m

Sold Carrick for 20m - using Gibson as backup for time-being

Sold Berba for 20m - using Welbeck & Campbell

Maybe could've got more, but I'm happy with this for now. Probably bring in new GK & DL soon.

Half way through season 3 & im top of the league, out of the champions cup & league cup...however i shall win the euro cup :D

So, im quite impressed with my squad but i realised by backups arent great so i was wondering if you could look at my squad & see what you think :)

squadeh8.jpg

Im trying to sell nani as he is constantly unhappy at only getting a game in league cup etc, so im getting rid of him.

The players down the list are a few regens im training up.

I play tevez with bojan usually but rooney is performing well so hes in for now ..

Any help is appreciated :)

AndyyManutd

You've got a good side overall but you need a bit more cover for certain areas. I wouldn't sell Nani as he is amazing but if you do then go for a replacement like Di Maria, Marcelo etc. Also you need another DC for cover imo; have you still got J.Evans? If you have he is more than good enough, if not then maybe go for someone young lije Beevers or Rodwell.

For Pogbrenyak offer him a new contract and you could get a work permit straight away. On my save he is nearly always top scorer in the Premier League for Boro who are now a top 4 side thanks to him.

I did it once this season but I failed. Should I keep doing it? Or perhaps, I should do it every start of the season?

For Pogbrenyak offer him a new contract and you could get a work permit straight away. On my save he is nearly always top scorer in the Premier League for Boro who are now a top 4 side thanks to him.
Half way through season 3 & im top of the league, out of the champions cup & league cup...however i shall win the euro cup :D

So, im quite impressed with my squad but i realised by backups arent great so i was wondering if you could look at my squad & see what you think :)

squadeh8.jpg

Im trying to sell nani as he is constantly unhappy at only getting a game in league cup etc, so im getting rid of him.

The players down the list are a few regens im training up.

I play tevez with bojan usually but rooney is performing well so hes in for now ..

Any help is appreciated :)

Arr, do you still have Danny Simpson and Jonny Evans? They are pretty darn good covers and can be decent/good players eventually. I also recommend buying long term youth players such as Rodwell and Fleck. That said, Rodwell is probably going to be crazily expensive by the third season. I am glad I got him for less than 10 million in the first season. (And amusingly enough, I was just searching randomly for expensive youngsters, instead of knowing Rodwell existed).

I also agree with the other posters that Nani is excellent. I do not like that guy in real life, but he is pretty much awesome in my second season. He's currently my third rated player, behind Ronaldo and Vidic.

Just to be a little mean, sell Manucho away and buy a decent striker for backup. Or you can just use Welbeck and Campbell. If you are in your third season, Campbell should be good enough to play as a backup striker.

Sigh, how does everyone actually buy Bojan. He costs so much in my game, and it's the second season. He is just going to become even crazier.

Looking for advice, second season.

Ive rebuilt almost the entire squad - i like to put my stamp on things - and on paper i have an excellent young team.

GK - Akinfeev/Asenjo

RB - Richards/Rafael

CB - Vidic/Sakho

CB - Fazio/Evans

LB - Criscito/Fabio

RM - Ronaldo/Ljajic

CM - Veloso/Diarra

CM - Messi/Vukcevik

LM - Nani/Di Maria

ST - Rooney/Aguero

ST - Benzema/Balotelli

Ive also got the likes of Delph/Wilshere and a few good english regens for the future.

(No editing/cheating involved except for adding Tosic and Ljajic to the squad)

Problem is im not creating enough and ive developed a habit of conceding late goals. I thought it could be to do with Messi in centre-mid but when he's played either left or right wing (at Nani's expense) im even less creative. The signing of Benzema has been a mare, with him only coming good by scoring 7 goals in the last 4 weeks or so, before then it was like playing with 10 men.

Like i said, the squad looks fantastic for years to come......on paper. Does anybody have any ideas where i might be going wrong/who might be letting the balance of the team down etc. The problem doesnt lie with the tactic as i won the quadruple in the 1st season, and only got beaten in the league in march when i was resting key players ahead of a CL game.

Looking for advice, second season.

Ive rebuilt almost the entire squad - i like to put my stamp on things - and on paper i have an excellent young team.

GK - Akinfeev/Asenjo

RB - Richards/Rafael

CB - Vidic/Sakho

CB - Fazio/Evans

LB - Criscito/Fabio

RM - Ronaldo/Ljajic

CM - Veloso/Diarra

CM - Messi/Vukcevik

LM - Nani/Di Maria

ST - Rooney/Aguero

ST - Benzema/Balotelli

Ive also got the likes of Delph/Wilshere and a few good english regens for the future.

(No editing/cheating involved except for adding Tosic and Ljajic to the squad)

Problem is im not creating enough and ive developed a habit of conceding late goals. I thought it could be to do with Messi in centre-mid but when he's played either left or right wing (at Nani's expense) im even less creative. The signing of Benzema has been a mare, with him only coming good by scoring 7 goals in the last 4 weeks or so, before then it was like playing with 10 men.

Like i said, the squad looks fantastic for years to come......on paper. Does anybody have any ideas where i might be going wrong/who might be letting the balance of the team down etc. The problem doesnt lie with the tactic as i won the quadruple in the 1st season, and only got beaten in the league in march when i was resting key players ahead of a CL game.

I would say your problem is buying too many new players too quickly so they havn't gelled. 14 out of the 22 are new, that is just ridiculus, and you are only in the second season, whats wrong with Rio, Evra, Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson, Tevez, Berbatov. All world class players

I am in the 7th season and only have 4 new players in my first team. It just isnt nessasry to sign so many players some of them are even worse than the originals. You only really need a new RB and possibly keeper for the first team for the first 4 seasons. It is just counter productive to go out and buy loads of players.

I'm not saying what you have done is bad, but just that the reason your a struggling could be becuase you have bought so many players ina short time.

Impzie "Sigh, how does everyone actually buy Bojan. He costs so much in my game, and it's the second season. He is just going to become even crazier."

He can be got on a free at the end of season one ;)

EDiT: Yeah i sold evans unfortunately & nani isnt getting a game because i play a 4-1-3-2 at best..

Evra Vidic Rio Rafael

Veloso/Carrick

Balotelli Anderson Ronaldo

Bojan Tevez/Rooney

I cant win unless balotelli or bojan plays, i ve proven it, thats why nani rarely gets a game. :p

I sometimes play him in cups on the left or right and rest ronaldo or balotelli but this isnt enough so im not going to keep him if i can sell him. I have pretty good Regens at CB, AMC LR & ST so i have backup if they get injured, only problem is experience :(

Think Axel would cost around £10m on my save, which isn't cheap. Don't go for versatility normally, as I tend to use training schedules that will just train them for one specific position.

Di Maria for 2.8m is a bargain - I'd go for that! Fernandez looks great, but do you really need him that much?

Thanks.

2nd season, and a lot of changes. Was bored of using same players, so though I'd change a bit.

Sold Evra for 26m - Need replacement..

Maybe could've got more, but I'm happy with this for now. Probably bring in new GK & DL soon.

How could you? IMO he's the best LB on the game =[.

I would say your problem is buying too many new players too quickly so they havn't gelled. 14 out of the 22 are new, that is just ridiculus, and you are only in the second season, whats wrong with Rio, Evra, Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson, Tevez, Berbatov. All world class players

I am in the 7th season and only have 4 new players in my first team. It just isnt nessasry to sign so many players some of them are even worse than the originals. You only really need a new RB and possibly keeper for the first team for the first 4 seasons. It is just counter productive to go out and buy loads of players.

I'm not saying what you have done is bad, but just that the reason your a struggling could be becuase you have bought so many players ina short time.

I totally agree with Reillyg. The issue is that you should really try to slowly play the new players you bought. So, in other words, you are like The galaticos of yesteryear: a huge group of superstars who cannot work with each other. What is the point of having such a squad when you sold your main Manchester players away who are your bread and butter players?

Before I go on a crusader, I am guilty to note that I sold Tevez (53 million), Carrick (31 million) and Fletcher (21 million) in order to bring in new blood. That said, my first team squad still reads very Manchester United after the second season.

GK: Asenjo

DR: Wes Brown

DL: Evra

DC: Vidic

DC: Ferdinard

DM: Owen Hagreaves/Veloso

MC: Scholes/Anderson

AMR: Ronaldo (who else?)

AML: Nani/Mata/Giggs

FC (deep lying): Rooney

FC (striker): Berbatov/Batelloli

You should not buy players just to collect a dream team. That is the reason why you are not winning. Try to introduce new players to the squad slowly, unless they are highly adaptable like Veloso or Batelloli.

My notable substitutes include a regen, Evans, Acousta, Park, Foster (who is ****ed for not being the main goalkeeper), Camacho, Santon and O'Shea.

Well, I had one of the strangest experiences during the first knockout stage in the Champions' League. I finished 2nd in my group stage after being incompetent enough to lose and draw to Udinese (away and home) respectively. Amusing thing is this knock up stage draw.

Manchester United vs Celtic

Real Madrid vs Udinese

Boy, am I glad to lose to Udinese.

WOW im in second season in mid december and villareal just offered me rossi for 12 mil!! and hes about to be crowned for world footballer of the year !

how about that!?? should i get him

i have berbatov rooney and laurito and sturridge who i got on a free

Third Season Review:

Transfers In- Messi (39.5m), Wilshere (2.8m)

Transfers Out- Simpson (10.25m), O'Shea (5.5m), Park (5.75m), Manucho (2.5m)

League Winners- Man Utd 97 pts GD +59

2nd Place- Arsenal 97 pts GD +58

Won it on the last day of the season after not being top at ANY stage throughout the season and my goal difference was less than Arsenals as well the whole way through. Rio went down to 15 pace so I was conceding alot of one on ones so had to drop my d line back a few notches which helped it. Very lucky to win the league

Champions League- Winners v Chelsea 2-0

FA Cup- Lost to Liverpool in final 2-1

League Cup- Knocked out in quarter finals to arsenal 1-0

Club World Cup- Winners v Cruzeiro 5-0

Super Cup- Winners v Real Madrid 3-2

Comm Shield- Winners v arsenal 4-0

Team:

GK- Foster/Kuszczak

RB- Rafael/Neville

LB- Evra/Fabio

CB- Ferdinand/Brown

CB- Vidic/Evans

DMC- Carrick/Hargreaves/Possebon

AMC- Anderson/Fletcher/Wilshere

AMR- Messi/Ronaldo/Ljajic

AML- Nani/Ronaldo/Tosic

FC- Ronaldo/Berbatov/Welbeck

FC- Rooney/Tevez/Campbell

Top Scorer- Ronaldo (30), Rooney (29), Messi/Tevez (14)

Assists- Anderson (23), Nani (22), Tosic (19)

Ave Rating- Ronaldo (7.48), Vidic (7.40), Messi (7.37)

English Footballer of the Year- Rooney, Ronaldo 2nd

English Players Player- Messi

English Young Player- Rafael

Manager of The Year- Me

Prem Team of the Year- Rio, Messi, Ronaldo, Anderson, Rooney

Summer of 2011:

Neville retired and became my new Youth Coach for defending (7 stars)

I set out to buy Richards to add a bit of pace to the centre backs but couldnt get him. Bought Buffon to cope with the amount of one on ones I keep getting against me. Also bough Federico Laurito to add a bit of aerial presence to the attack

Transfers In- Buffon (25.5m), Laurito (19m)

Transfers Out- Possebon (6m), Kuszczak (4.2m), Berbatov (8.5m), Campbell (9.2m), Zieler (1m)

Under what circumstances have people maanged to get Micah Richards? In summer 2011 I set out to get him, praised him till I was one of his favourite people told him I would do my utmost to sign him which responded to positively every single time but had bids of up to £50m knocked back by City.

Eventually after a bid of £57m (my entire budget!) they negotiated to £99m + 10% of next transfer fee which obviously i couldn't do.

So how has everyone got him, he never got unhappy that City had rejected a bid for him from me and the scout reports all said he would be extremely interested in joining. I don't understand it?

Damn! Missed out on some quality bargains. Ajax just signed 'Hulk' for £2.5m.. Wish I'd have got him. Looks quality.

What tactics people here using? need a good 442 - not creating much lately..

Is Kompany worth it for 2.8m? Looks like a decent DC backup.

Think Axel would cost around £10m on my save, which isn't cheap. Don't go for versatility normally, as I tend to use training schedules that will just train them for one specific position.

Di Maria for 2.8m is a bargain - I'd go for that! Fernandez looks great, but do you really need him that much?

Yeah, think I'm gonna buy Di Maria or Aissati, the young Dutch midfielder?

And Fernandez is being bought in to rotate with Anderson in playing alongside Hargreaves in central midfield.

End of season 3.

Fairly successful, winning the league, fa cup, EURO cup, World club championship, & supercup. Most of my players were injured during the Champions cup and didnt get past the group stages which was disappointing as i won it last year.

Ronaldo picked up player of the year & Bojan won young player of the year, and i won Manager of the year.

My squad:

teamif1.jpg

The list continues down 3 or 4 regens for future seasons.

Transfers: 5 or so Regens who are looking great so far and some are breaking through to the first time as backups. I also got Michael Dawson from West Ham for 4.3m as they were offering players for cheap due to financial problems. I also could of bought noble and more but i felt i didnt need them, whereas i am in need of a backup CB imo.

I have been offered the greece job which i have obviously turned down, and im looking forward going into season 4.

I'll keep you all updated :)

EDIT: JUST RECIEVED THIS:

englandcv3.jpg

Should i? :)

I'm finding my current season hard to get in to, my 7th.

By back 5 is settled with Vidic and a world class regen at CB, Evra at Lb and a regen who is probably the greatest RB to ever live and he is only 21. And Akinfeev in net.

But my CM is a problem Carrick and Hargreaves are 33 but still quality, then I have a Bosnian Paul Scholes and another top class CM regen. Then I have Anderson who is frankly rubbish, Witsel who is very good and I should play more and Wilshere. I just can't get the right combo they all always play poorly.

Attacking positions are just fun to play with Torres, Tevez, Bojan, Rooney, Balotelli, Nani, Ronaldo, Welbeck. With Witsel and Wilshere filling in on wings if needed. I'm playing Rooney on the right with Tevez and Torres up top and Ronaldo on the left. But Nani is plaing well as are Bojan and Balotelli. Welbeck does well in AMR role I retrained him. Only a couple more seasons in Torres because without pace he might struggle.

Despite my CM problems I am on a 39 game unbeaten league run. Just at beginning of November and looking to offloan Anderson and other deadwood in Jan.

At the end of season 1 and Bojan is available on a free. Definitely going for him but who do I let go? I'm certainly keeping Rooney and giving Campbell a chance as he looks very promising so it looks like it's between Tevez and Berbatov. Which of these two should I sell? Thanks in advance.

gandycoleuk - Berbatov as he's much older, but you might not get much for him. If you get over 20m, then it's a good deal.

Anyone had Bojinov? Doesn't look as good as he did on FM07 (i didnt't play 08) but I think Man City would settle for £1.5m and he's only 24.

Archived