FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keep the physios if you playing more then a couple seasons. If you fire them your limited to how many you can get (you can only have half the number you start with if fire them)

After a couple seasons you will see most the physio's are on 19/20 for physiotherapy. well worth waiting awhile :D

Getting to the start of the season on the new patch, just the two signings;

John Fleck - £2.5m

Sofiane Feghouli - £7.5m

Only player sold is Ron-Robert Zieler - £425k

I feel keeping the majority of the squad together will be enough to win the third in a row for United.

While Fleck and Feghouli are players for the future.

hey guys, in the opening months of the 2nd season and I have both Anderson and Mati Fernandez match fit for the first time.

I was wondering which of the two should partner Hargreaves in central midfield against Chelsea - I'm tempted to play Fernandez as I've just signed him and want to see him in the big games but Anderson has been outstanding for the 1st season and so far this season.

So what do I go for - the tried and trusted option of Anderson or the potentially awesome option of Fernandez? Thanks in advance.

hey guys, in the opening months of the 2nd season and I have both Anderson and Mati Fernandez match fit for the first time.

I was wondering which of the two should partner Hargreaves in central midfield against Chelsea - I'm tempted to play Fernandez as I've just signed him and want to see him in the big games but Anderson has been outstanding for the 1st season and so far this season.

So what do I go for - the tried and trusted option of Anderson or the potentially awesome option of Fernandez? Thanks in advance.

I would probably start with Anderson and then bring on Fernandez if you need a goal.

I've just started my 3rd season, and was just wondering should I bother going for Gonzalo Higuain and selling Berbatov?

Berba was class for me the season before notching 29 goals and getting his fair share of assists but he's almst 30, what should I do, is Higuain good enough?

Having to sell Foster as well :( As he's unhappy although I have Asenjo and Fiorillo.

Oh and also I have the chance to get Messi as long as my bid is accepted, where should I play him when I get him? As IMO Ronaldo is better so I want to keep him at RAM ?

Cheers ;)

Just patched the game and as always started with Manchester United. The first friendly against Hearts saw me score seven goals in the first 47 minutes with Tevez scoring 5 (two from the corner). Ended the game as 9-0 winners..my best yet in the game :D. Hopefully the margin of error has been increased slightly (things look promising as the corner bug seems to have got itself introduced back in the game:D) though it will be more clear when the season starts (I always seem to have a disastrous start to the season hit the 6th gear from November to February and then slip down to average in the final third to finish at least 4th but never higher than 2nd :()

Just started a new Utd game on 9.3.0, sold Fletcher rather easily for £30m to stupid, spend-happy City, and I'm replacing him with Ricardo Montolivo (who, by stats, seems much better and younger) for a mere £14.5m, a snip!

Also, should be bringing in Feghouli, Saivet, Fossati and Santon all for around £2m each. :)

1st season, backup for ronaldo who is injured for 2 months. money is not really a problem. soooo... obertan or carzola or anyone else??? need a right winger/right midfielder.

If you are really looking for a back up then get Mario Santana. Has got pace and excellent dribbling and crossing ability. Will cost you around 4 million (pounds) and can easily be used in squad rotation rather than just a backup

I've decided to set myself a challenge by managing Man Utd which doesn't sound like a challenge. I've holidayed the first season and made myself Man Utds manager. My aim is too achieve more than Ferguson and be the top manager in the hall of fame!

Not very hard, extremely easy after 2 or 3 seasons, I became top manager in the hall of fame after 2012 or something with Arsenal, with Man Utd it's even easier.

But to win more trophies than Fergy........is quite hard. But if it can be achieved in 3 seasons I might aswell look elsewhere!

of course you cannot win more trophies than Fergie in just 3 seasons simply because he has won 10 premier league titles and you can win just one each season (sorry couldnt help that :p)

heh, manage to unsettle both Vela and Love. Each of them available for around £15m which is a steal. Got vela already but not sure if i really want to buy Love. Man City been sniffing around him so tempted to buy him just so they cant which really isnt the wisest move. Only way i can argue to have him is to tell myself vela isnt ready to play in first team which be a lie :p

A bit off the topic but anyone signed the must-haves from 9.2 yet (Gignac and Keirrson?) Was going to get one of them since Tevez proved to be a crap in all my United saves in 9.2 but has improved vastly in the new patch (13 goals in 12 matches) and its not like he has got it in bunches..has scored in almost each game and with Rooney and Berbatov i dont need a fourth striker since i usually place just one upfront though i have Welbeck and bought Fleck if i decide to play 2 later on

What tatic do you guys use?

I usually use a 4-2-2-2 tactic, based on one I found here but I then tweaked it to suite my players and prefferd style.

I also sontimes use the SeXy football tactic, mabye against strong opposition or if I'm hanging on.

1st season, backup for ronaldo who is injured for 2 months. money is not really a problem. soooo... obertan or carzola or anyone else??? need a right winger/right midfielder.

I opted to get Alexis Sanchez from Udinese, he was class for me in a 9.2 game with Fiorentina. He's co-owned by AC Milan now, but he only set me back 5M euros total!

The squad looks strong this time, I only find that Scholes (and to some extend Neville and Giggs) have trouble lasting the entire 90 minutes :(

Sheps.

How did you get Feghouli for £2m?

Easy, offered them something like £900k first as a joke bid to annoy them and upset the player, but they came back and renegotiated to like £2.3m ;) Grenoble probably aren't a very stable club finance wise, so they'll take any money I'm guessing.

New patch, new game. Plus the save I started a couple of weeks ago went horribly wrong.

Only made one signing- Artem Milevskyi from Kiev for 7M (2M up front 5M over 24 months). Won all my pre-season games but I didn't really care, just wanted to get everyone fit. Won the Community Shield 4-1 (Milevskyi coming on and getting the 4th) and then beat Portsmouth again in the League 2-0 away (Berbatov getting his first goal). Tosic, Rafael and Fabio look good all are back-up to the first team at the moment but they will defiantly feature in the first team in the next couple of years. Had interest and bids for Anderson (8.5M from Lyon) and Vidic (18M from Madrid and Barca) of course I turned them away, not for sale at any price them two.

im in 2014 with man utd and was just wondering if any of the players such as johnny evans have been upgraded in the 9.3 patch , surely he must have been- hes been great cover for either vidic or ferdinand this season?

im in 2014 with man utd and was just wondering if any of the players such as johnny evans have been upgraded in the 9.3 patch , surely he must have been- hes been great cover for either vidic or ferdinand this season?

Yes Evans has been upgraded

Here are all the major changes i could see to PA.

Anderson -10 PA to 176 PA

Jonny Evans -9 PA to 174 PA :)

Carricks PA is now 172 which is an increase i think.

Rafael, Fabio, Ljajic, Petrucci, Welbeck all -9

Zoran Tosic is 175 PA, not sure if this is an increase.

Darren Gibson now has PA 141 which is a bit of a decrease which is dissapointing

Heaton's PA decreased a bit

O'Shea's PA reduced by 5

Plus other very small changes

Hi. I have an issue regarding Ronaldo. In every game I start Ronaldo's stats(most of them) drop by 1 point by October/December, regardless of training schedules and coaches. Is anyone else experiencing this? What can I do about it?

PA isn't everything people over relay on PA's as if it's the only thing that matters, at the end of the day Anderson is a good player. So is Pjanic when he has developed, wouldn't it be better to keep Anderson and buy Pjanic out right?

Pjanic's PA will be random each time, what if on your save his PA is at the bottom of the -10 category? Then you are gaining what?

PA isn't everything people over relay on PA's as if it's the only thing that matters, at the end of the day Anderson is a good player. So is Pjanic when he has developed, wouldn't it be better to keep Anderson and buy Pjanic out right?

Yeah your probably right cheers .

Wouldn't favour anyone with a random pa like -9/-10 or whatever, as it's impossible to know how they'll be on your game. Only way to see is to use a 'cheat tool' like MiniScout or FMRTE to see their PA in your game. But to be honest, don't think it matters that much. With my England save, Ishmael Miller scores more than Rooney, but I bet his PA is atleast 40 lower.

Edit:

Why is it the two Serbian youngsters are at Man Utd at start on new patch? Didn't they arrive in January, so why didn't they make it a future transfer or something. Would make sense. I also see that Anderson is in the Reserves.. why? Kinda confusing!

City just signed Vagner Love & Zhirkov.. This is going to be fun! Saw Vagner play not long ago, with his blue dreadlock sort of hairdo, looked very good so probably right to boost his stats up.

Also seems England have a lot more good youngsters. Gosling, Wheater and a few more in U21's look decent.

Is it just me, or is Tevez extremely effective this patch. He has played 9, scored 9. Amazed at how well he doing and just glad i decided to not go through with signing Love.

Unbeaten in a competitive match still, though not that far in yet. Tactic still needs tweaking as the AMC role in my tactic doesnt seem to work as well as pre-patch, but not changed that much around as it take some time to see if it lost its effectiveness.

On my 9.2 save I bought Jamie Gavilian (SP?) from villareal since Ronaldo and Park were injured at the start. He ended up becoming a first team player after nearly 30 assists in his first season. Hes got a good combo of decent pace, great crossing, great teamwork and excellent decision making. Top buy IMO.

Is it just me, or is Tevez extremely effective this patch. He has played 9, scored 9. Amazed at how well he doing and just glad i decided to not go through with signing Love.

Unbeaten in a competitive match still, though not that far in yet. Tactic still needs tweaking as the AMC role in my tactic doesnt seem to work as well as pre-patch, but not changed that much around as it take some time to see if it lost its effectiveness.

Yeah, Tevez is doing pretty well for me. Looks really good in the match engine too, as previously his slight lack of pace has let him down, but his skill really shows in this and it looks great. It's also helped that his finishing and composure have increased to 17 and 16 respectively. Probably the biggest change I've ever seen in someone of his age.

He's my 3rd highest scorer currently on 9 goals from 11(7) matches, behind Vidic and Benzema on 12. That's right, Hopey, I signed Benzema and he's forking brilliant!

Tevez remains my top scorer and is touted as the next world player of the year. My strikers are doing really well, and Rooney doing well in the AMC role when he playing there, which is most teh time as Tevez/Berb upfront is doing really well.

Tevez - 19(2) apps, 16 Goals

Rooney - 17(5) apps, 13 Goals

Berbatov - 14(4) apps, 11 goals

Hargreaves has scored 6 goals in 11(5) - 4 or 5 of these has been freekicks.

Cant get Ronaldo as effective in this patch as did in my last game (9.1.0 patch i think i was playing). I refuse to give him a free role though as tactic seems to work well and he does play well and assist often, he just doesnt get in the box and shoot as much as used to.

Archived