FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Berbatov has 2 goals in 8(3) games for Chelsea, who are 13th. That position was helped by this victory:

03022009221945.th.jpg

After which Scolari was sacked \o/

Then after the usual ease of the WCC was another big game with a great result:

03022009222043.th.jpg

Looks like I might be selling Carrick and Nani soon. Carrick's been unsettled for a while but I've not wanted to sell, but him and Hargreaves have hardly played this season as Veloso has been so good and I've used my DM regen in CL, LC and WCC games. So I might get rid of Carrick and use the regen as more of a backup. Nani's also been unsettled (him and Carrick want new challenges) and lots of the big clubs are sniffing around him. I was thinking of letting him rot without any games or training for ages, but his contract is up at the end of next season so I'll have to look to get rid of him now.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foster is currently my 3rd choice keeper after Van Der Sar and Ustari but he wants to leave the club because he is not getting regular first team games. Van Der Sar is retiring at the end of the season so i will soon be in the market for another keeper. Can anyone recommend a decent, preferbly young, keeper that doesnt mind being sidelined for long amounts of time. Thanks

Fiorillo is a great young 'keeper,

Check out post #3227 by Hopey !!

Fiorillo needs alot of first team football to become great so would be worth loaning him out straight away, it's very rare that he improves alot at Sampdoria so need to snap him up and get him playing regularly and with good training facilities.

I would go for Hugo Lloris will be number one in your team until 2020+

not just saying this as im a man utd fan, but vidic and evra are currently 2 of the best defenders in the world, BUT they still have low PA's????????

Not really.

Vidic is in the top 5 defenders in Eurpe in terms of PA, and he isn't very quick and technical like Ferdinand, so has a lower PA than him but had very very good defencive stats. So is one of the best defenders on the game.

Evra again is one of the top full backs on the game, I would say he could do with being increased a bit, but its not too bad at the moment.

Defenders are always going to have lower PA because the key stats they need have less of a weighting compared to a forward.

Not really.

Vidic is in the top 5 defenders in Eurpe in terms of PA, and he isn't very quick and technical like Ferdinand, so has a lower PA than him but had very very good defencive stats. So is one of the best defenders on the game.

Evra again is one of the top full backs on the game, I would say he could do with being increased a bit, but its not too bad at the moment.

Defenders are always going to have lower PA because the key stats they need have less of a weighting compared to a forward.

I think evra is about wright on the game personally. seeing him get the run around by lennon at the weekend mades me think hes about wright on the game.

any room for improvement? thx

it is hard to tell with no information... what formation do you play? what patch are you on?

Personally from knowing nothing. I would look at getting another centre back as you only got 3, and also another winger, preferably one that can/can be trained for both sides.

it is hard to tell with no information... what formation do you play? what patch are you on?

Personally from knowing nothing. I would look at getting another centre back as you only got 3, and also another winger, preferably one that can/can be trained for both sides.

mansquad.th.jpg

i am currently play at 9.0 and any feed back?

mansquad.th.jpg

i am currently play at 9.0 and any feed back?

Not going to give advice on actual players because i cant remember the 9.0.0 database.

however with that formation, as you use wide players i definately advice taht you get yourself another winger who can cover both sides as if you get injuries you left short there.

The same would go with CB's - Brown is ok for cover, but I would get a player more sorted to the role then wes who is more utility then anything. (my opinion only, he does ok but i rather get a young decent CB for the future, that can provide good cover now) - You could keep brown for Rightback, or alternatively find a good young player for that position as well.

Also as you looking to sell both Foster and Kuszczak then look for a decent young keeper that happy sitting in reserves but can provide emergancy backup and cover sub position when VDS retires.

If you really dont want to purchase a wide player then you could train rooney/tevez/anderson to cover the winger positions, but if you do that you may find yourself needing an additional stricker. Guiseppe Rossi is always a good choice as he can do ok in midfield as well when i had to play him there in the past. And with his pace/acc he should be deadly on 9.0.0 (he actually very good in patches as well).

Not going to give advice on actual players because i cant remember the 9.0.0 database.

however with that formation, as you use wide players i definately advice taht you get yourself another winger who can cover both sides as if you get injuries you left short there.

The same would go with CB's - Brown is ok for cover, but I would get a player more sorted to the role then wes who is more utility then anything. (my opinion only, he does ok but i rather get a young decent CB for the future, that can provide good cover now) - You could keep brown for Rightback, or alternatively find a good young player for that position as well.

Also as you looking to sell both Foster and Kuszczak then look for a decent young keeper that happy sitting in reserves but can provide emergancy backup and cover sub position when VDS retires.

If you really dont want to purchase a wide player then you could train rooney/tevez/anderson to cover the winger positions, but if you do that you may find yourself needing an additional stricker. Guiseppe Rossi is always a good choice as he can do ok in midfield as well when i had to play him there in the past. And with his pace/acc he should be deadly on 9.0.0 (he actually very good in patches as well).

any player to recommand on my squad as i am playing 9.0 thx

does adem llajic turn out any good?? tosic seems to be pretty good

will vary in every game, will range from a decent player to a very good player.... And tosic does seem good, used him alot in the first season and he was my top assister. Just got into second season so may do a review of 9.3.0 and season one with united :)

Has anyone noticed how fluent and together United seem on this patch? In my first game using a custom made tactic, I thumped Altincham 16-0! I was shocked tbh because I thought they were supposed to have fixed the high scoring bug. Every shot I had pretty much went in, and the team just seemed to click.

Tosic Is looking pretty darn mint to me, but If Llajic hits the upper end of his potential he should be amazing, look at the stats he already has, perfectly weighted and distributed for a Messi type winger IMO.

I got Axel Witsel for £1m + £3m over 24 months + £2m after 50 League Goals. He's mint again on this patch, well worth it, if you can get him cheap.

Just got Messi for 1 billion :)

Before the second season I got £72mill to spend. Then I sold some youngsters for £10mill, and made a bid of £82mill for Messi.

Barcelona offered me him for 1 billion, and then I offered him the contract.

He said he wasn't interested in joining anyway, I just wanted to unsettle him while I got enough money from player sales.

This was really strange, though: He accepted the contract, and the board gave me £20mill extra so that I could afford him. They didn't say anything, but I was extremely happy, of course :)

And now I have sold Carrick for £26mill to City (played fairly well, but didn't suit my tactic) and I bought Camacho for the future.

Just got Messi for 1 billion :)

Going to guess you mean 100 million and not a billion.

Wouldnt have said it worth it, especially when most the time he got a buy-out clause of around the 50million mark if you bide your time.

With Carrick and Nani both unsettled with wanting a new challenge, which isn't disasterous, I was playing last night and thinking that if one of my players that I really love - such as Tevez - goes and gets unsettled by someone then I'd probably quit my game. It only went and bl00dy happened:

03052009180626.th.jpg

Read the full story here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=109083

Going to guess you mean 100 million and not a billion.

Wouldnt have said it worth it, especially when most the time he got a buy-out clause of around the 50million mark if you bide your time.

Yes, of course :p

IT IS worth it!

Does anyone sell Berbatov and if you do how much do you get for him?

I dont like him much in real life so after the first season will want to sell him on.

got over 30million for him in previous patches when i sold him. but as no intention of selling him i dont know about this patch... if you reall want rid of him offer him out at like 35mill and see if you get any takers, then just start dropping price offer him for if not.

Does anyone sell Berbatov and if you do how much do you get for him?

I dont like him much in real life so after the first season will want to sell him on.

Sold him to Inter for 30 million pounds at start of second season on 9.3.0

He played ok he just didn't suit my tactic

i often give out new contracts and it stems the new challenge because they constantly getting told they part long term plans.. only person that always gets annoyed is foster but that due to me not playing him, and him not getting loan offers.

Im fuming at the moment though... was halfway through the second season and got XML error... and my saved games are dead. Having to use a backup to go all the way back to start of second season. Was doing great, even just had Real Madrid getting knocked out of the CL in the group stage after me and marselle going through in our group.

Yeah, I think part of the problem with having players who want new challenges is not having given them new contracts recently. I'll take note of this for the future. Plus, with the players on large wages (e.g. Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez, Rio) they'll usually accept slightly less wages on new contracts.

I've got a game going at the moment with United, doing quite well.

At the beginning of December and have won the Super Cup, Charity Shield and am in the semi-finals of the League Cup against Arsenal. Been playing a youthful squad as well, which managed to knock out Chelsea in the quarters!

Only lost 2 games all season, 1 in the Champions League, 1 in the Premier League.. (1-0 vs. Juve, 1-0 vs. Bolton respectively).. the Bolton result was abysmal, I was gutted. I was trying so hard to score that in the last 10 minutes I must have been playing a 3-1-1-5 formation! Juve game was horrific by any standards, they scored a penalty and injured 3 of my players after I'd made a sub so I ended up with 10 men on the pitch!

In the League Cup I won 1-0 against Chelsea in the quarters which was fantastic, I'm trying to play a very youthful team in the League Cup like United done this season.. My team was.. Asenjo, Phil Neville, Chester, Evans, Rafael, Nani, Gibson, Scholes, Ronaldo, Welbeck and Tevez..

In the league I'm second.. Chelsea top by 2/3 points, Arsenal 3rd, 3 points away from me..

In the summer I signed: Feghouli for 3m, Santon for 1.2m, Phil Neville for 7m (Cover for Evra and ex-United player, starting a trend?), Beckham for 5.7m and Asenjo for 8.25m..

I have Delph (3.5m, Leeds), and a young Argentian whose name I can't remember coming in in January.

Aiming to win everything if I can.. anyone want to know anything else just ask.

I've got a game going at the moment with United, doing quite well.

At the beginning of December and have won the Super Cup, Charity Shield and am in the semi-finals of the League Cup against Arsenal. Been playing a youthful squad as well, which managed to knock out Chelsea in the quarters!

Only lost 2 games all season, 1 in the Champions League, 1 in the Premier League.. (1-0 vs. Juve, 1-0 vs. Bolton respectively).. the Bolton result was abysmal, I was gutted. I was trying so hard to score that in the last 10 minutes I must have been playing a 3-1-1-5 formation! Juve game was horrific by any standards, they scored a penalty and injured 3 of my players after I'd made a sub so I ended up with 10 men on the pitch!

In the League Cup I won 1-0 against Chelsea in the quarters which was fantastic, I'm trying to play a very youthful team in the League Cup like United done this season.. My team was.. Asenjo, Phil Neville, Chester, Evans, Rafael, Nani, Gibson, Scholes, Ronaldo, Welbeck and Tevez..

In the league I'm second.. Chelsea top by 2/3 points, Arsenal 3rd, 3 points away from me..

In the summer I signed: Feghouli for 3m, Santon for 1.2m, Phil Neville for 7m (Cover for Evra and ex-United player, starting a trend?), Beckham for 5.7m and Asenjo for 8.25m..

I have Delph (3.5m, Leeds), and a young Argentian whose name I can't remember coming in in January.

Aiming to win everything if I can.. anyone want to know anything else just ask.

PHIL NEVILLE!? Lol.

Neville and Beckham? Why..? I bet you could've got better cover for DL/MR, without paying over the odds, and actually players who aren't old.. Don't see the point in bringing in players that age, within a few years their stats just drop so much so they're useless, and I doubt Beckham has any interest in being a coach or anything.

in 9.3.0 Rafeal and Fabio can do both sides of defense and a decent enough role on wing at a push. But with Tosic, Ronaldo, Nani, Park, Giggs etc etc you really dont need more wing cover, infact you have to many wingers I feel.

The brazilians can play both left and right of defense with only a short time of training for them positions, and they actually progress to a high level of attributes in a short time. I like attacking fullbacks so the lower defense stats dont worry me and they get up to a decent level.

Im going to pass my saved game from start of season 1, and start of season 2 onto a friend to see what Rafael's CA is at each of them points, because with a quick look i would estimate that he increased by 25+ or even 30+ points in the first season. I used him all season as right back though which be why he got rapid increase and he probably close to his maximum PA unless i was extremely lucky with the random factor due to what his PA is set at.

Ljajik just got to my team so he get some games and see how good he is. He increased from starting stats but not by much, hopefully playing at first team level for Man Utd will get quick development of him... also Fabio getting more games on both left and right of defense as cover so he should get great improvement in ability.

Beckham though good enough for a low prem team just isnt up to scratch for man utd anymore, as shows by him going to championship teams that people play.

13million spent on players you just want to retire? - in a team that got alot of debt i personally dont like wasting money like that but that due to trying to be a bit more realistic on that front.

Should have waited till nearer the retirement years and they got them in to the squad, Beckham will still be playing at 40 in the game if he gets given the contract. I dont like players that not playing to tutor people, afteral what can one learn if their teacher isnt being used competitively :D

Yeah, I see where your coming from.. but oh well ;) You only live once eh?

They are actually being played that's the thing.. not going to just waste 13m.. My plan is anyway to sell a few other stars at the end of the first season.. (Maybe Berbatov, he's not that immense), and regain money that way, then just aim to scour the globe for good youth.. I mean I want my team in say.. 3/4 years to look like this..

GK: Asenjo/Foster/Regen

RB: Santon/Rafael

CB: Evans/Regen

CB: Vidic/Ferdinand

LB: Fabio/Evra/Regen

RM: Ronaldo/Regen

CM: Carrick/Regen

CM: Regen/Hargreaves/Gibson

LM: Nani/Regen

ST: Rooney/Regen

ST: Aguero(If I can buy him)/Welbeck/Regen

I like a very youthful squad as well, and like bringing regens through if i can. Thats why when regens are created at start of a season i send my scouts out to Arsenal, Chelsea, Westham, Liverpool and a couple other top teams and purchase a few of the players that get recommended as a decent buy or better. Got some decent prospects already, and also is making sure i dont have my usual problem of only a small number players available for u18 games :D

this 9.3.0 is killing me real bad. !!!

iim like 15 points behind leaders arsenal.

i have 30 shot on average per game and i dun , YES I DUN HAVE EVEN A 1-x scoreline.

this is ****in B***sh*T

someone give me tips and advice pls....

if u need any info on my squad let me know, ill fill you in ... =(((((

hey dudes i was wondering did anyone manage to build a new stadium with his name on it ... :) because i'm in my 6th season and i have won almost everything my balance is 300 milion or something my Old Trafford is 100 000 and last season the average attendance was something like 99 800 ... :) and the board doesn't what to build the damn stadium 10x for the replies

hey dudes i was wondering did anyone manage to build a new stadium with his name on it ... :) because i'm in my 6th season and i have won almost everything my balance is 300 milion or something my Old Trafford is 100 000 and last season the average attendance was something like 99 800 ... :) and the board doesn't what to build the damn stadium 10x for the replies

I have never managed it, i'm not sure if you can with United.

Hey, just finished first season - Charity Shield, Super Cup, Club World Championship and FA Cup in the bag......2nd in the league behind Chelski by 1 point, Level on pts with Arsenal who were 3rd (very good season, i lost to arsenal away final day which gave chelsea the tittle, after i'd drawn 1-1 with them the game before!) lost in Champs league Q.finals to Arsenal, wasnt happy!!.

Anyway, main point being......How far into the game do Neville, Scholes, Giggs and Edwin hang about for? I've got them tied down till 2011 at the mo...............

Oh and Tosic, first season (9.3patch) was brilliant........35 apps, 15goals, 7.15 rating........

How does the massive debt affect united in the later seasons?

its fine, tbh yeh i probably lose money almost every month, but at the end of the season im ususally higher than how i started. So dont worry about it, i usually seel 1-2 people every season at the moment as they are getting on in age a bit. I like my average age to be 21-25. Currently at the higher end of that

I have never managed it, i'm not sure if you can with United.

it is possible, but only ever happens when beyond 8/9/10 seasons into the game and had really high attendances for many many years. Had it on my original save game, think was up to about 145000 seat stadium when i stopped that one.

the money is fine after the first/second season if you win the big competitions. However you have to be sure not to go mad in the transfer market at the beginning of the game. If you do what many people do at the start with the move wage/transfer budgets to get more money, and then spend it all without selling players to cover the difference then you can find yourself in administration.

As for the one needing help scoring. Need details on formation, team instructions and striker player instructions. Also need to know the type of chances you missing (long range, midfielders constantly shooting, etc etc)

Archived