FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

haha, i never want to hear a manager complain about fixture congestion again.

1.5.2010 - man city - prem

4.5.2010 - Ac Milan - ECL

5.5.2010 - Preston - Prem

6.5.2010 - Middlesborough - Prem

9.5.2010 - Arsenal - Prem

So that 5 games in 8 days.. more importantly i got 3 games in 3 days. Outrageous :(

Just glad i walked away with the league in this 2nd season.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha! Bar the ECL game, you could play more youth than you'd usually play in those games. Good experience I suppose!

I'm still going strong on my game atm.

In January '09 now, Won Charity Shield, Super Cup and CWC easily.. 2-1 in the first leg of Carling Cup semi vs. Arsenal, if I go through I'll either face Hull or Ipswich. 6 points clear at the top of the league after 20 games. Got Newcastle in the 4th round of FA Cup, should go through there.

Signed Delph (potentially as good as Carrick) and a young Argentinan winger for 400k called Eduardo Salvio who apparently could be as good as Ronaldo!

he isnt a great crosser anyways :p

And he is a great player, problem is there a CA/PA limit that has to be worked on and as ronaldo is so strong the researcher has to sacrifice some areas in order to make him good in the more significant areas. For instance, being two footed and high pace/acc uses a hell of a lot of CA points up. If he wasnt 2 footed he would be able to have much higher stats but he would actually be a worse player for it.

Well, into the final of the League Cup vs. Ipswich.. I beat Arsenal 3-1 on aggregate and Championship side Ipswich beat Hull 5-4 on agg..

On a sidenote, Hull haven't actually won this season yet, and January is nearly over!

oh my...

I can get Messi for just £35.5million due to release clause on his new contract.

More to the point he would accept a 5year contract of just £99k per week. This is £31k lower then what he currently on, and £21k below what Ronaldo is on who the highest paid player in the team. It is so tempting but would mean i have to think about selling someone as i will have way too many players :(

whats your team?

nani is a player that is definately got potential to be one the best wingers in the future.

Tosic has a chance of being right up there, he range from a good to very good player and worth keeping.

GIgg is good for a season, but i would never sell him becuase of what he done for the club, keep him till retires as a coach :D

If you want to get rid of a winger at the start then Park unfortunately would bite the bullet as he the worst of the lot

Does anyone know why Ronaldo's stats are so lov in 9.3? I would have thought the following should be higher for the Worlds best player?

Crossing 13

Passing 14

Creativity 13

Work Rate 12

Strength 14

never seen him make consistently dangerous crosses and never seen him pass amazingly. never seen him do anything overly creative or work hard. strength should be about 15-16 though.

his stats are fine. maybe off the ball needs upped and dribbline put down one but apart from that...

what goalies are suitable (meaning one of the best in the world) for va der saar's replacement.

thats my only priority when i start that i wanna get sorted straight away because thats the only issue i can find

anyone used foster after van der saar and found hes good enough?

never seen him make consistently dangerous crosses and never seen him pass amazingly. never seen him do anything overly creative or work hard. strength should be about 15-16 though.

his stats are fine. maybe off the ball needs upped and dribbline put down one but apart from that...

and maybe Torres and Gerrard should have "dribbline" as Ronaldo, right? :eek:

Supporting Loserpool maybe? :confused:

Btw, Beckham is available, due to his loan to Ac milan his club loyalty has been significantly lowered, available for just 5 mill, a club hero and high influence, he can captain or vice straight away, I made him captain and around 60% of the players thought it was a great idea and reacted well :)

I am in January 2009

I got two offers:

1) Berbatov for 29m (5.5m upfront and 23.5m over 24 months)

2) Tosic for 15m straight cash, but bad thing is 20% goes to former club so out of the 15m i will get 12m

should i sell both? both are back up players for me

why dont u negotiate the 15m straight cash to monthly payments, will get quite a bit more

Well, the stats are really based on last year, and I agree with his crossing stat based on that, although his crossing has significantly bettered this year and I would like to see that reflected on the next game. His dribbling shouldn't be lowered, it determines how easily he can go past players and how hard he is to tackle with the ball at his feet and noone can argue that there aren't many players who are better than him in that department. He isn't a magnificant passer of the ball and that is why he hasn't got a great passing stat. The only thing I'm not sure about is his strength and jumping, he isn't quite as dominant in FM as he has been over the past few seasons IRL and I'm not sure about how high his determination is but that should also be quite high.

My ferdinand is still going reasonably strong at 36, he isnt first choice anymore, but he gets a game if suspension and injuries suffice. Hes also a great mentor cos every young defender wants to learn from him now.

That reminds does anyone know how long the oldies last Scholes, Giggs, Neville ,VDS. Neville and VDs have played almost every game for me so far this season, whilst Scholes has featured quite abit and I haven't played Giggs. Should I just get rid of them all after the first season?. And how long did they last for you?

Im pretty sure they expand it automatically, though only by about 10,000 seats

aye, generally by the start of the 3rd season you had the stadium expanded to the maximum 100k seats. This happen without asking as long as you not messed up the finances :)

Thats why I want to cash in on him just before his stats decrease. His value is £22m now so I should be able to get more than the face value

Considering how rich Manchester United is, you will be better off letting RIO stay in the club until he retires while tutoring young prospects.

aye, generally by the start of the 3rd season you had the stadium expanded to the maximum 100k seats. This happen without asking as long as you not messed up the finances

Yep, I did nothing at all, and they already expanded it to 100k seats by the third season. Now, most of the debts in Manchester United (except one longass one) are cleared since I hardly spend any money on the transfer market. If I splash on one player, I am likely to sell 1-2 to cover half of his cost.

Thats why I want to cash in on him just before his stats decrease. His value is £22m now so I should be able to get more than the face value

i got 40m over 24 months for him at the start of the game. so you could probably get 30m easy for him

Just sold Rio to Real Madrid for £47m (all up front). What a deal!!!

btw, I got Vidic to tutor defenders, I got evans, sakho and jagielka, vidic in centre back, thats more than enough.

bonus. i could only get it in installments at the start of the game. they would not go above 25m in cash.

good deal

How long do you guys wait until you start playing your youth players. I bought Fleck and Belo, and have played them in some FR. This is my 1st season with Man U so I might play them until Ronaldo and Park come back from injury. Injuries aside about how long do you guys wait until you move them into reserves or the 1st team? Thanks again.

Archived