• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all

im a avid Man united fan

Whats your opinon on my teams.

who would you play

do i need to strengthen

http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/johnatahn/?action=view&current=manuteam.jpg

To be honest what you have done is ridiculus, there is no need for it. Up to 2011 you only need to sign 2 first team players, and some youngsters, and in my experience massive changes dont help your performaces.

Fair enough if thats the way you want to play. But its not the 'Manchester United way'.

Hi Guys, I have just started a new game with United on patch 9.3.0. I have a few questions: Firstly do I need to buy anyone or should I? And what's the best formation to use? Your responses will be appreciated.

To be honest what you have done is ridiculus, there is no need for it. Up to 2011 you only need to sign 2 first team players, and some youngsters, and in my experience massive changes dont help your performaces.

Fair enough if thats the way you want to play. But its not the 'Manchester United way'.

im not even going to attempt to answer him.

a) that is not manchester united in the slightest. All the best players have been sent packing which isnt our way

b) that screenshot does not help us say a thing, how about ordering it in position order for instance so can actually see who you got where (still i wont dignify it with a response)

Way i see it.... you have basically purchased a team and as such you should know which players you want to play else you wouldnt have purchased them whilst selling the original players.

Really struggling with inconsistency at the moment. I'll go on a good winning streak of 2 or 3 games with big wins, then get beaten 2-0 away to Fulham for example, even though moral is great and we should be dominating... Good thing is I have the likes or Rooney, Anderson, Tevez, Ronaldo all playing free flowing, attacking football with goals, but the consistency is just not there...

Guys how good will Danny Welbeck and Fraizer Campbell be on the 9.3.0 patch ?

they aint too bad, but i dont think they could be classed as a future united player... possibly as a backup if dont want to have a world class player as bench warmer, but they never be amazing....

im in the 4th season and started to ship them off to other teams now, getting a decent transfer fee for them as well... unfortunately a few of the united youngsters are like that, they good but not manchester united good. Possebon and Gibson have been recent casualties from my team also

Hi all

im a avid Man united fan

Whats your opinon on my teams.

who would you play

do i need to strengthen

http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/johnatahn/?action=view&current=manuteam.jpg

It seems queer that you are an avid Manchester United fan, and you do not have Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney, Vidic, Evra, Owen Hargreaves, Carrick, Tevez in your squad. I am not trying to be mean but it does not feel like Manchester United before. I said this because they are all good players that can go into any first team in FM at the point of your game (2011 season). If you are going to replace your squad like that, you might as well play Manchester City. They give you more money to play with.

Personally, I am a bit guilty in over-buying and the only players I have left in my ninth season are Welbeck, Ronaldo, Rooney, Evra, Rio, Nani, Vidic. I sold Tevez in the first season when Real Madrid came in with a ridiculous offer (plus I wanted some reinforcements at right-back, as well as a stronger defensive midfielder). Fletcher was decent but not good enough, so I kicked him out. Carrick hated me for my tinkering efforts (No one is considered first team regardless of your squad status, even if you are 2 stars or 5 stars. I usually play what I think should work). Wes Brown got old, and wasn't fast anymore. Evans didn't develop as well as I expected. Still, many of my sales came after the 3rd season. X_X. Well, other than Tevez and Fletcher.

Owen Hargreaves was annoyed that I did not play him enough (he's 33 and slowing down) and shipped off at the end of my last season (2014/2015 season). Sigh :p My advice for you is to go to the main search page, find all the 35.5 million pound players, and bid for them.

All my strikers are injured :). Should I change formation? I just did that and lost to Arsenal 3-1 at home

Well yes if you have injury problems you should change your formation till the injuries subside. Stick Ronaldo up top by himself perhaps? Use the depth of your midfield talent, 4-5-1 variant for now?

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6660/tablejune2013.jpg

Probably my best season ever, at least that I can remember.

Won the league (see picture)

Won Champions League v Barcelona 2-1

Won FA Cup v Villa 2-1

Won World Club Cup 12-0 v Saitama (yes twelve!)

Won European Super Cup 3-1 v Porto

Lost League Cup on pens after 2-2 draw with Pompey

Team: (First Choice on the left/second choice on the right)

GK- Buffon/Foster

DR- Rafael/Brown

DL- Evra/Chamberlain (Regen who is about as good as Evra)

DC- Richards/Ferdinand

DC- Vidic/Evans

MC- Carrick/Hargreaves

MC- Anderson/Fletcher

AMR- Ronaldo/Ljajic

AML- Messi/ Nani (till Jan), Zhirkov (Jan onwards)

St- Laurito/Tevez

St- Rooney/Welbeck

Transfers In:

Richards £35m

Chamberlain (regen) £16m

Zhirkov (January) £32.5m

Diarra (arriving in July £9.25m

Transfers Out

Nani £25m to Inter

Tosic £10m to Bordeaux

Top Goals- Ronaldo (32), Rooney (25), Laurito (23)

Top rating- Ronaldo (7.59), Messi (7.55), Vidic (7.53)

Despite all these things none of my players won any awards and only 2 were selected for team of the year (Buffon and Vidic). Total fix

Finally started my 1st season with Man U mostly because their my favorite team and imo one of the easiest to start with since they have such a solid all-around team. Which is why I went with signing youth rather then contributors right away (with the exception of Miguel Veloso). So my question is how should I transition these youth except Veloso who's starting, should I put everyone on the youth team and wait till their ready or should I send them out on loan, or put them in my reserve squad. I do plan on putting Balotelli in my 1st squad rotation as a sub at first depending how he plays. One more question I have Rooney and Tevez as my ST's who are playing very well btw, should I play Balotelli as a AM with Ronaldo or have you found he performs better as a ST.

Thanks FM Community

Transfers In:

John Fleck (AM LC, FC) Age: 16

Henri Saviet (AM RL, FC) Age: 17

Davide Saton (D/WB AM R) Age: 17

Mario Balotelli (AM RL, ST) Age: 17 - Only spent 14mil initially on him but if he plays 50 games for me I'll have to fork out 30mil which I don't mind since he is my fav player atm.

Miguel Veloso (DM, MC) Age: 22

Transfer Out:

Tomasz Kuszczak (GK)

Darren Fletcher (MC)

Finally started my 1st season with Man U mostly because their my favorite team and imo one of the easiest to start with since they have such a solid all-around team. Which is why I went with signing youth rather then contributors right away (with the exception of Miguel Veloso). So my question is how should I transition these youth except Veloso who's starting, should I put everyone on the youth team and wait till their ready or should I send them out on loan, or put them in my reserve squad. I do plan on putting Balotelli in my 1st squad rotation as a sub at first depending how he plays. One more question I have Rooney and Tevez as my ST's who are playing very well btw, should I play Balotelli as a AM with Ronaldo or have you found he performs better as a ST.

Thanks FM Community

Transfers In:

John Fleck (AM LC, FC) Age: 16

Henri Saviet (AM RL, FC) Age: 17

Davide Saton (D/WB AM R) Age: 17

Mario Balotelli (AM RL, ST) Age: 17 - Only spent 14mil initially on him but if he plays 50 games for me I'll have to fork out 30mil which I don't mind since he is my fav player atm.

Miguel Veloso (DM, MC) Age: 22

Transfer Out:

Tomasz Kuszczak (GK)

Darren Fletcher (MC)

players develop alot quicker with first team experience at a high level.

For instance, when i passed my file on to check the development of Rafeal after the first season in which he was first team regular i was informed his CA had risen by something like 36 points, whereas just the odd appearance etc made other players increase by a small % of that.

Basically if they can be loaned to a team that states they be a valuable first team member, and that the club is at a high level (really you dont want them to be more then 1 league below you at most) then they may develop well. But of course then you lose control of their training reigme and so they may not develop exactly to your plans.

i have a question, and i am not sure if this is a right place to ask.

is regarding reputation.

what do u do to increase a player's reputation? or is this out of ur control.

coz i still do not understand why evra will only have continental reputation, while players like sagna and clichy can attain worldwide reputation? hmm

Hi Guys I'm looking to sign Ronaldo on 9.3.0. I fancy him playing left midfield however on FM08 I could never really get the best out of him. So what instructions do you recommend he'll be playing LM moving up to AML. I'd really like to get him scoring if poss?

Cheers in advance.

Can anyone tell me why Fabio has a global ban until 10/07/08 when you first start the game?

Its only a two day ban from when you start the game on the 08/07/08 and doesnt affect anything but i just want to know what he did or is it a bug, i thought it might be age related but Rafael doesnt have a global ban.

(I've read this page but i could be doing with reading 34 other pages to find my answer which may or not be there so sorry if its already been asked).

This is my current team in the 18/19 season.

GK: Osker Ustari/Ben Foster

Ustari has to be one of my best ever buys he is a top keeper and really helped fill the void when Van Der Sar retired.

DR: Ben Flood/Stuart Pattison

DL: Nathan Baker/Matteo Grassi

DC: Jordan Spence/Matteo Grassi

DC: Jon Barasoain/Matteo Grassi

I am really proud of this defence group i raised them through the ranks while i had my experienced players like Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand playing using them to teach and play along side the youth which really has turned these players into a formidable defence.

MR: Jack Wilshere/Cristiano Ronaldo/Theo Walcott

ML: Matthew Walker/Theo Walcott/Stuart Downing

MC: Aaron Craggs/Adrian Lindegaard/Chris Gray

MC: Clive Whittingham/Adrian Lindegaard/Chris Gray

What can i say about this midfield for me its got so much talent a mixture of youth and experience and versatility, when you can bring on Walcott Ronaldo and Downing as subs thats a nice thing to have in your team.

ST: Danny Welbeck/Wayne Rooney/Theo Walcott

ST: Diego Cuomo/Wayne Rooney/Theo Walcott

Walcott has been with me 1 season and as you can see although originaly i was gonna use him as a striker he has become a very great squad player.

Welbeck also was a suprise at the time i was pushing Baxter to be my up and coming striker i was close to selling Welbeck but he got injured so the transfer got cancelled, this turned out to be a blessing because when i was hit by a striker injury plague he became my saviour he pushed his was into my 1st team and Welbeck and Rooney made a awsome partnership for me.

Cuomo was voted worst buy in his 1st season which was harsh i brought to bring him through the ranks and last season and this season has seen him push Rooney out of the 1st team.

I have some good youth players who should start coming through next season so the future is looking great for my team.

I won't lie it took me 3-4 seasons to get going i decided early on after a few test run games/saves to learn to play the game that arsenal were awsome and i couldn't compete with them (not that exprienced with FM) so i thought what about if i built for the future by buying youth and bringing them through, i knew my current team were good enough to win but i wasn't but even though i wasn't a great manager at the beginning the team would make up with it and help me avoid being sacked (came close halfway through 3rd season) and give me the time i needed to build my own team.

Since the 4th season i have won everything done the treble, quadruple, quintiple held every trophey i could in 1 season (my best ever season) although Arsenal after a few season out of it are coming back to near invincable winning the FA cup and CL in the last season and coming 2nd by about 6 points to me the previous season i edged it by 2 points it was that close.

My finances are great i made sure i had a strict wage structure (thankyou arsenal in real life for the idea) never spent to much unless i sold players, this is my 10th season i believe (always confuses me) and am the 2nd richest club with £670M top has £800-900M somehow >.<

Had a bad season in terms of all my coaches leaving and not noticing (don't know how i missed it) but when i did it gave me something else to try out and get the best coaches physio scouts ect and set their assignments myself.

Still have Phelan as Ass man just guess i am sentimental lol i find it hard letting the oldies go, i pray for my players to want to coach so i can keep them.

So all in all its going great i can safely call the team my own i don't think many of you will have the same players i have gone for but this is what i have built over 10 years in charge.

Can anyone tell me why Fabio has a global ban until 10/07/08 when you first start the game?

Its only a two day ban from when you start the game on the 08/07/08 and doesnt affect anything but i just want to know what he did or is it a bug, i thought it might be age related but Rafael doesnt have a global ban.

(I've read this page but i could be doing with reading 34 other pages to find my answer which may or not be there so sorry if its already been asked).

Weird. They both had global bans because of their old club in Brazil or something. But if Fabio has the ban, albeit for two days, Rafael should also have it. I might poke about in the Manchester United data thread and see if I can find anything out. :)

Im just about to kick off my 1st season with United and Id just like a second opinion on my squad, im planning on getting a new goalkeeper in a few seasons but i want to give Van Der Sar one last season and i was going to give Ben Foster a season or two to see how he does. Im not planning on buying a right back, its going to be shared between Rafael and Brown the first season or so until Rafael can take over (i hate Gary Neville so hes rotting in the reserves). I also hate Berbatov, i wish we'd bought Huntelaar instead so i sold Berba and got Keirrison and Walcott with the money, ive also got Kroos as a long term replacement for Scholes, not sure who will succeed Giggs yet, it will be either Tosic, Nani or drop Walcott onto the wing.

Any suggestions of where I can improve or maybe recommend a youngester who can take over from Carrick and Hargreaves in a few years?

MY SQUAD (sorry the image is so big but the direct image link was the only one which would work)

unitedsquad.jpg

Archived