FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Im just about to kick off my 1st season with United and Id just like a second opinion on my squad, im planning on getting a new goalkeeper in a few seasons but i want to give Van Der Sar one last season and i was going to give Ben Foster a season or two to see how he does. Im not planning on buying a right back, its going to be shared between Rafael and Brown the first season or so until Rafael can take over (i hate Gary Neville so hes rotting in the reserves). I also hate Berbatov, i wish we'd bought Huntelaar instead so i sold Berba and got Keirrison and Walcott with the money, ive also got Kroos as a long term replacement for Scholes, not sure who will succeed Giggs yet, it will be either Tosic, Nani or drop Walcott onto the wing.

Any suggestions of where I can improve or maybe recommend a youngester who can take over from Carrick and Hargreaves in a few years?

MY SQUAD (sorry the image is so big but the direct image link was the only one which would work)

Well i went for Oscer Ustari he was expensive when i got him but i was alot more seasons into the game then you might be worth checking him out on your game and see what you think. As for Ben foster i am in my 10th or 11th season and he has become a very good goal keep and even though all the scouts say Ustari is better their porformances are impossible to seperate.

As for defence they don't come much better then man utds and they give you plenty of time to scout for youth winderkids and bring them through your team so there is no rush in that department.

but good signings for you would be alot of the players i have in my team on my earleir post many in your 1st season or 2 you could get for cheap (some might not be available for a few seasons) upto you though.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Bob: how come Ronaldo is injuryfree? I'm in September and he's still recovering (<80%)

He got healed because i was trying to offload Park but he kept failing a medical even though he only had like a week more out with what was a minor injury which irl he would of signed anyway so i used FMRTE to heal him but i couldnt find out how to just heal park, so it healed the entire team, hence Ronaldo got healed aswell, i was trying to make more realistic but i kinda screwed it up lol:( The games balenced it out anyway as Vidic has just been ruled out for 6-7months with a broken leg meaning Evans gets first team football for at least half a season:rolleyes:

how did u sell fletcher for £30 MILLION????
Set him as listed and ask for £30m. Man City normally come in with an offer. You could try £33-35m if you're feeling cheeky. I've read that some people can even get £40m for him on 9.3.0. :cool:

He got healed because i was trying to offload Park but he kept failing a medical even though he only had like a week more out with what was a minor injury which irl he would of signed anyway so i used FMRTE to heal him but i couldnt find out how to just heal park, so it healed the entire team, hence Ronaldo got healed aswell, i was trying to make more realistic but i kinda screwed it up lol:( The games balenced it out anyway as Vidic has just been ruled out for 6-7months with a broken leg meaning Evans gets first team football for at least half a season:rolleyes:

haha! Roger :p

Speaking of long injuries I just had Owen Hargreaves pick up a 7-9 monther in the very first match I played him (after recovering from his previous one)

Had a mass sale this season, ive been putting it off for a while but i finally sold Evra, he was old and inconsistent now, and made some of the most errors in my team (except for ferdinand). Ive tried to keep an english theme to my squad, which is about to come true as my newgens hit the ground running :) Oh and torres only cost me 6.25 million. Scored over 30 goals in his first season 14/15.

1516transfers.th.png

Adu is now valued at 23 million after two games :) Nani was unsettled and wanted a new challenge, thank you madrid!

1516squad.th.png

Any questions about my game? or ex players ive had?

Tactics screenshot to follow, wont let me do it on this post.

1516tactics.th.png

Works well and has done since season 1 :) with minor tweaking to suit 1 or two players... ie rooney and ronaldo. But now i buy players to suit the tactic, which works well. I think thats why ive been successful for the most part.

no no rooney is captain, starts 95% of games, and ronaldo whips up a storm every time he plays.

standout from the team has to be Niels De Haan, possibly the best defender to grace my save. And i almost sold him when he was 19 or something. Cos he wasnt playing, but then ferdinand got old and it was haan time to shine :p

I have Santon , he is at loan at Hearts atm . I was thinking of getting Richards possibly and retraining him on LB .

Sadly, Santon did rather rubbish for me in my save. I bought him and gave him a good number of games. However, he never got going, and I sold him off for 14 million pounds. It's a pity, I had high hopes for him. Then, I found a very good regen right back for half the price, and never looked back :D

Well guys, I’ve come to the January transfer in the 2nd season of my United save and here is my progress so far:

Transfers (January)

In

Rodrigues – Hoffenheim - £3.9m (http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6396/rodriguesregen.jpg)

Adem Ljajic – Partizan - £1.1m

Out

None yet

Squad Overview

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4083/manchesterunitedjanuary.jpg

Individual Awards

September Premier League Player of the Month – Nani

September & November Premier League Young Player of the Month – Asenjo

September Premier League Manager of the Month – Khan

World Footballer of the Year – Ronaldo

World Team of the Year – Ronaldo

European Midfielder of the Year – Ronaldo

European Striker of the Year – Tevez

Other Individual Awards

World Player of the Year – Pirlo

European Footballer of the Year – Quagliarella

European Defender of the Year – Rafinha

European Goalkeeper of the Year – Gomes

Competition Summary

The defence of my Premier League crown has seen fantastic form from players, including winning the first 9 games and 15 in total at the halfway point. But even this form has been eclipsed by a remarkable Arsenal side who top the table by 2 points. Last season’s challengers Liverpool started this season brightly but too many defeats have derailed for the moment although they could turn in on in the new year. Everton are having what looks like a hangover from last season as they stick in mid-table. As for the promoted sides, they had better improve or they could go straight back down:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5079/englishpremierdivision2.jpg

After winning the Champions League on penalties last season, my players have come through the group stages very comfortably with a home goalless draw with CSKA Moscow the only dropped points in a group also containing HSV and Grasshopper. The draw for the 1st knockout round sees come up against Italian giants Juventus, with the 1st leg in Turin.

The only trophy that I didn’t win in my 1st season, the Carling Cup, seems to be the elusive on FM09 so far as I was knocked on penalties by Chelsea at Old Trafford in the 4th round. In the earlier round, I needed penalties to get past Manchester City. Hopefully can get some luck and challenge next season.

The quest to defend the FA Cup will begin in a couple of days at League Two side Hartlepool.

Just before Christmas, my players successfully defending their World Club Cup crown, destroying last year’s defeated finalists LDU Quito. Both Tevez and Fernandez grabbed hat-tricks in a 9-0 romp:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6982/manutdvldudequitoworldc.jpg

So boys, what do you think of my progress in the defence of my trophies so far? How good does Ljajic turn out and also what do you make of my new regen coming to Old Trafford? And what about strengthening my squad anywhere? I have £15m to spend.

Any feedback and suggestions much appreciated

Just finished the summer transfer window of my 2nd season. My dealings in tranfer market:

In:

Daniel Carriço 1.4M

Lionel Messi 58M

6 regens

Out:

Manucho 6M

some more out for free and loans

This transfer window has been pretty calm, just received a bid for Ronaldo, but after asking for 110M they've rejected it xP

Tell me where should I improve: (I'm waiting till Giggs, Neville, VDS, Scholes to retire to do some more improvments in RB nd GK)

dgthytje.th.jpg

End of 2nd season and Carrick feels like all he can achieve and wants to move club, any way of keeping him, or should I stay bring in 30M for him?

I have Hargreaves, Fletcher, Anderson, Scholes(3rd season so he's just going to be backup/cup games), Zuculini and Feghouli.

Well guys, I’ve come to the January transfer in the 2nd season of my United save and here is my progress so far:

Transfers (January)

In

Rodrigues – Hoffenheim - £3.9m (http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6396/rodriguesregen.jpg)

Adem Ljajic – Partizan - £1.1m

Out

None yet

Squad Overview

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4083/manchesterunitedjanuary.jpg

Individual Awards

September Premier League Player of the Month – Nani

September & November Premier League Young Player of the Month – Asenjo

September Premier League Manager of the Month – Khan

World Footballer of the Year – Ronaldo

World Team of the Year – Ronaldo

European Midfielder of the Year – Ronaldo

European Striker of the Year – Tevez

Other Individual Awards

World Player of the Year – Pirlo

European Footballer of the Year – Quagliarella

European Defender of the Year – Rafinha

European Goalkeeper of the Year – Gomes

Competition Summary

The defence of my Premier League crown has seen fantastic form from players, including winning the first 9 games and 15 in total at the halfway point. But even this form has been eclipsed by a remarkable Arsenal side who top the table by 2 points. Last season’s challengers Liverpool started this season brightly but too many defeats have derailed for the moment although they could turn in on in the new year. Everton are having what looks like a hangover from last season as they stick in mid-table. As for the promoted sides, they had better improve or they could go straight back down:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5079/englishpremierdivision2.jpg

After winning the Champions League on penalties last season, my players have come through the group stages very comfortably with a home goalless draw with CSKA Moscow the only dropped points in a group also containing HSV and Grasshopper. The draw for the 1st knockout round sees come up against Italian giants Juventus, with the 1st leg in Turin.

The only trophy that I didn’t win in my 1st season, the Carling Cup, seems to be the elusive on FM09 so far as I was knocked on penalties by Chelsea at Old Trafford in the 4th round. In the earlier round, I needed penalties to get past Manchester City. Hopefully can get some luck and challenge next season.

The quest to defend the FA Cup will begin in a couple of days at League Two side Hartlepool.

Just before Christmas, my players successfully defending their World Club Cup crown, destroying last year’s defeated finalists LDU Quito. Both Tevez and Fernandez grabbed hat-tricks in a 9-0 romp:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6982/manutdvldudequitoworldc.jpg

So boys, what do you think of my progress in the defence of my trophies so far? How good does Ljajic turn out and also what do you make of my new regen coming to Old Trafford? And what about strengthening my squad anywhere? I have £15m to spend.

Any feedback and suggestions much appreciated

what preston got promoted????? :O

End of 2nd season and Carrick feels like all he can achieve and wants to move club, any way of keeping him, or should I stay bring in 30M for him?

I have Hargreaves, Fletcher, Anderson, Scholes(3rd season so he's just going to be backup/cup games), Zuculini and Feghouli.

IMO you should sell Carrick, I did so in my 2nd season and brought in Diarra. Although Carrick is a class player you can bring in better and by the looks of it you have better. Especially if you can grab 30 mil for him.

Just thought I'd ask ..

On my save I have Ronaldo, Nani, Fernandez and dos Santos all available to play on the wings. I have had a bid and contract accepted for Messi so I have to bring him in. Who should I sell out of Nani and dos Santos or should I sell both/either?

9.3.0 by the way/

Lost to Barca 1-2 on agg in the CL Qtr Final :mad: . In the home game which i lost 0-1 Tevez missed a peno and hit the postfrom 5 yards out and Rooney hit the bar in the penalty box . At least i beat Chelsea in the FA Cupi semis 2-1 and gonna play Blackburn in the final . Looking for another keeper next to Asenjo for the next season since VDS is 39 . Lloris,Mandanda,Adler,Akinfeev ? Which one of them is the cheapest/best ?

I need to purchase good young players to develop. I am currently on my first season. Any ideas?

depends on how much looking to spend and positions, but some players to keep in mind as potentially good:

henri saivet

fausto rossi

sofiane feghouli

levan kenia

Maurico (apparently - i got him on a free as he was clubless at game start and scouts said he a good prospect)

Davide Santon

John fleck

john bostock

plenty more as well but one that i would definately but forward is Davide Santon as a must buy

I hate some players at times. Got a bunch of decent low to mid 20s players on a free telling them they backup or rotation at best, planning to use them in the second half the season when fixtures tight... but they already started to moan in october... wont have that so they being kicked out the club to other teams already.. just wish players that signed as backup understood they had to wait for their chance. Some potentially good players been shifted due to this, but wont have them ruining my squad harmony. Best thing is that made a decent sum on some them so they can go into the "New Stadium Fund" im trying to build by just bringing in frees or youth players as dont really need any new players, and not had a single first team player want to leave the club and im now in 5th season :D

Ive just bought Sergio Asenjo at the age of 19 in the first season with the hope that VDS would be able to tutor him, however the option isnt there, so i was wondering is he to old to be tutored or to young, id imagine to young because ive got 21 year old in my squad being tutored, anyone know how old he has to be before you can tutor him?

Ive just bought Sergio Asenjo at the age of 19 in the first season with the hope that VDS would be able to tutor him, however the option isnt there, so i was wondering is he to old to be tutored or to young, id imagine to young because ive got 21 year old in my squad being tutored, anyone know how old he has to be before you can tutor him?

Age can be a problem, as-well as his squad status.

Oo you still have the same team ? :O do you still have vds, giggs, scholes, etc. ?

vds, giggs, scholes, neville all have retired and are coaches of my team now.

My first team still contains. Rio/Vidic/Evans/Fabio/Rafeal/Ronaldo/Anderson/Rooney/Tevez - Want to get Foster back but forgot to stick him on my shortlist and missed the boat. 18months after he left me moaning to barcelona he moved to villa for a messly £1.2m - god that annoyed me :(

Probably got more players still, but cant think of them of the top my head. Unfortunately most the starting youngsters dont develop enough to be in starting lineup however i managed to sell them for a lot of money :D

Who said Beackahm was past it? bought him as a little experiment and havnt looked past, most of his attributes have INCREASED... and he has been onfire all season, even took the gamble to make him vice-captain to Rio Ferdinand, a choice that i havnt looked back on :)..

All the players and fans love him, heres a screenshot on his progress so far ....

beckhaml.png

how much did u buy Beckham for, if he is valued at £10million?

£5million straight up and another £5m in installments, an absolute bargain, just won player of the month and has helped me to stay in all cups, already won comm shield, euro super cup, club world cup and league cup :), a true legend

not many assists/goals though from him compared to games played.. but i guess it depends on your system... due to the physical demand i put on my wingers he wouldnt be of use. Of course it could be due to differences on the systems we play, but a high percentage of my goals come from the wingers (Ronaldo 49 goals in forth season, and 21 goals in 21 games so far in 5th season for instance)

not many assists/goals though from him compared to games played.. but i guess it depends on your system... due to the physical demand i put on my wingers he wouldnt be of use. Of course it could be due to differences on the systems we play, but a high percentage of my goals come from the wingers (Ronaldo 49 goals in forth season, and 21 goals in 21 games so far in 5th season for instance)

im not using him as a winger, i use him mainly as a central midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 system so he would get many goals or assists, ill get my player profiles for my wingers now XD

wow, what insrtructions do you give your wingers?

Ronaldo stats.

Season 1 - Appearances = 38(6) , Goals = 13 , Assists = 11 , Mom = 7 , Rating = 7.29

Season 2 - Appearances = 41(5) , Goals = 27 , Assists = 16 , Mom = 7 , Rating = 7.53

Season 3 - Appearances = 37(9) , Goals = 26 , Assists = 12 , Mom = 12 , Rating = 7.55

Season 4 - Appearances = 47(6) , Goals = 49 , Assists = 10 , Mom = 22 , Rating = 7.78

Season 5 (in decemeber) - Appearances = 23(1) , Goals = 24 , Assists = 7 , Mom = 7 , Rating = 7.85

Instructions:

Mentality -15

CF -14

FW -Often

RWB -Often

LongShot -Rarely

Cross - mixed

TB - mixed

He attacks the ball from deep from corners and picks up a few goals there, and then you got the usual freekicks/penalties which he takes (though not get a ton of penalties tbh)

Archived