FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

I've never really rated Ashley Young on FM, Nani is a better option than him, but if you want to invest in a new LW look no further that Matias Fernandez or Andres Guardado.

As for Benzema, it depends how much Transfer budget you have left and also what other strikers you have? If you still have Berbatov, Tevez and Rooney I'd recommend selling one of them, you can't have 2 of the 4 on the bench But I'd say anything 25-30 is a reasonable price for Benzema.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

i need a defender,midfielder and a striker for my manu team

I have nothing to spend so I am selling all of the deadwood which should equate to around £15m- £20m. I am in 2012 and I am coming up to january and i am 10th in the premiership.

I need all the advice I can get to save my job.

so type in 3 or 4 players and value i should get for within my budget.

Thanks in advance for advice.

hmmmm, frosty i would look at a nice blend of young and experianced players if possible rather like the real man utd. There should be some pretty good regens about now, i would look at scouting for young players that are cheap and for the future but whilst still having old experianced players that can do the business on the pitch ;)

Hey guys,

Recently managed to sign Benzema for Utd going into my second season and i've managed to get him to learn how to place shots so far, and he originally had moves into channels ppm too.

What i'm wondering is if it is a good idea to get him to learn the ppm "tries to break the offside trap", i'm unsure about it and was hoping for some advice from others?

Thanks guys

Interesting FM logic. ;)

Works for me:thup: i sign players i like within reason rarther than have players i dont like playing for me, on one of my saves i bought The Claude instead of Camacho, even though Camacho is miles better you cant have a team without The Claude in it:D

Need advice:

I'm in preseason for my 2nd season and just got a 30m pound bid from AC Milan for Nani. Should I accept? Who can I replace him with for 30 mil? Nani was awesome for me in the first season and he led the team with 18 assists.

Need advice:

I'm in preseason for my 2nd season and just got a 30m pound bid from AC Milan for Nani. Should I accept? Who can I replace him with for 30 mil? Nani was awesome for me in the first season and he led the team with 18 assists.

Keep Nani, hes class, but if you are going to sell then you should be able to get Alexis Sanchez for around £12mill or Franck Ribery for anything between £15mill-£30mill

whos your new ass man now???

sorry about late reply, i replaced him with a guy from brazil aged around about 69 i think (cant remember his name sorry), he was good and i played him more than he wanted to get him to sign a good long contract, but he then retired going into the second season of his contract :( but there are miles better assmans than phelan on the game stats wise ;)

Need advice:

1516transfers.th.png

Theres your answer, do not let him go for £30million

ii could get a mass of money if i wanted rid of nani... he hardly plays because he part the "cup" side due to messi and ronaldo being my main players. However he bangs in the goals when i plays from the left wing. Better at scoring then messi actually but i like messi as the all round player.

Really, XX11? Nani is actually outperforming Ronaldo and Messi at the fourth and fifth season of my game. In fact, he scores so many spectacular goals, and gets me my assist every single time I am down that I value Nani more than I value Messi or Ronaldo. Give him some more time, and he will do very good.

I've just accepted the Man United job after three and a half seasons with Everton. I couldn't refuse and didn't expect to be offered it.

After SAF retired they have been underachieving and were 7th in the league when I arrived and out of the league cup, still just about in the CL though.

I've only made two transfers - Rafael (£27m, Everton) and C.Gordon (£2.6m, Sunderland). Sold V.Obinna (£5.75m, Porto), L.Jimenez (£9.5m, Udinese) and D.Berbatov (£5.75m, Middlesbrough).

Team =

GK C.Gordon / J.Villar

DR Rafael / Brown

DL Evra / J.O'Shea

DC R.Ferdinand / J.Evans

DC N.Vidic / C.Cathcart

MR C.Ronaldo / A.Ljajic

ML Nani / Z.Tosic

MC M.Carrick / O.Hargreaves

MC Anderon / D.Fletcher

ST W.Rooney / D.Petrucci

ST C.Tevez / F.Campbell

Still got £30m to spend in the summer and arranged the transfer of J.Wilshere (£12.75m, Everton) for the summer.

* Already beaten top of the table Spurs at White Hart Lane, Liverpool at home and Man City at home in my first six games, all looking good. We're up to fourth.

is joe hart worth signing

If you want to keep an english feel to your squad then go for hart. Both hart and asenjo are good keepers and young too personally i dont think theres much difference, scout report them both a couple of times and see which has the best potential and then go for that one :)

Whats the best assistant manager you can get first season for a team like man u. I have degraded phelan and need a new one :)?

depends what you will use him for. I would do a search for world class or continental reputations of assmans and of coaches, then coose one with the stats which you require for the way you want to use him ;)

i have had a £7.5mil bid accepted for asenjo but i wer wondering if hart would be becacause he would be cheaper and hes english

Asenjo is worth it, I signed him for 7.5 million in my 2nd season as a replacement for VDS and he is class. After I sold Foster I was planning on buying someone really good, but stuck with Asenjo and he is really good, you won't regret it.

I have mandanda and ochoa, plus 2 english regens waiting to step up. Asenjo had some good years at the club, but the mistakes he made were becoming more and more regular. He cost me the FA Cup and some matches in the EPL that should have been easy games.

9.25 million for ochoa 46 clean sheets 101 appearences

19.75 for mandanda 26 clean sheets 50 appearences

two signings i have not regretted. unlike bojan, waste of money

both are used in rotation, given a run of games for a period of time, aswell as using my regens in the cups

asenjo was 95 clean sheets in 214 appearences, he was a favourite player of mine to be honest

fouirth season at Man U

GK-Asenjo

LB-Evra Sahko

RB-Santon Rafinha Rafael

CB-Vidic Evans Breno

DM-Hargreaves Veloso KUzmon Adrein

AM-Modric Nani RObinho C.ROnaldo Txeixra Danny

S-Saivet Alexis Balotelli

2 league titles 1 Champ League title and 3 Shield titles

fouirth season at Man U

GK-Asenjo

LB-Evra Sahko

RB-Santon Rafinha Rafael

CB-Vidic Evans Breno

DM-Hargreaves Veloso KUzmon Adrein

AM-Modric Nani RObinho C.ROnaldo Txeixra Danny

S-Saivet Alexis Balotelli

2 league titles 1 Champ League title and 3 Shield titles

You could do with some more cover there mate, decent squad but where's Rooney?

If you're in your 4th season I'd contemplate selling Hargraves whilst you can still get a decent fee for him and maybe bringing in Camacho, Kroos or Hamsik. Also could with another striker maybe some more experienced, as your strikers are all about 20/21.

Quick question about Evra, how is he after the 3rd/4th season, as he is 30 years old in the 3rd season, so would it be worth selling him before his stats begin to decline (thats if they even do)

You could do with some more cover there mate, decent squad but where's Rooney?

If you're in your 4th season I'd contemplate selling Hargraves whilst you can still get a decent fee for him and maybe bringing in Camacho, Kroos or Hamsik. Also could with another striker maybe some more experienced, as your strikers are all about 20/21.

Quick question about Evra, how is he after the 3rd/4th season, as he is 30 years old in the 3rd season, so would it be worth selling him before his stats begin to decline (thats if they even do)

I will say that Evra can still play up to 33 years old before his stats declined way too much for you to play him. In my game, he only started to degenerate pretty badly after 33 years old but he was still a leading left back at the first half of 34 before dropping quite badly. So, if you want to use him for 3 more years (honestly, do you really need the money? If you control your budget well, you get 150 million in transfer budget every season and I hardly even touched it), go ahead. I did, and was glad. I let him go on a free contract at the age of 35 because he couldn't cut it anymore.

I dont let any old player go on a free... give them a yearly contract, renewed just before current one runs out till they retire as a coach :D

Currently got Rio sitting around only getting the odd game (but still captain of England for me ) hoping he retire within 2 years (8th season i hope he gone by). With Vidic, Evans, Sakho, 2 regens all fighting for the 2 CB spaces there not much room for old Rio :(

Dont see point of selling or letting them go on a free, not like money an issue as you said. My bank balance is £367m in 2013, expecting it to breach £450m by the end of the season... only players i sell as they get a bit older is players i purchased in and have no history with (ie I wont sell Rossi, however I sell some random player)

I dont know how to post a picture, I cant sell hargreaves, he is to class, him and evra are the only players I know that will perform well for me. Evra has been aces for me, except that he gets injured a little more than usual, but thats why i briught in ssakho. I got rid of most of my midfield in the first season, and fersinand last season cause he makes to many mistakes.

I can't win away from home and sometimes can't win at home. I have not scored more than 55 goals in a season yet.

I'm in my third season at Man Utd and my squad is:

GK- Asenjo Gentili(regen)

DL- Evra Sahko

DR- Rafinha Santon Rafael

DC- Evans Vidic Breno

AM(L)®© C.Ronaldo Nani Modric Robinho Rossi Danny(from Zenit) A. Lennon Txeixra

F- Saivet Alexis Ballotelli

My reserves are filled with quality regens.

I play a 4-2-3-1

Fullbacks go forward and AM(L)® go forward and AM©free role.

Any Ideas would be gret thanx.

I will say that Evra can still play up to 33 years old before his stats declined way too much for you to play him. In my game, he only started to degenerate pretty badly after 33 years old but he was still a leading left back at the first half of 34 before dropping quite badly. So, if you want to use him for 3 more years (honestly, do you really need the money? If you control your budget well, you get 150 million in transfer budget every season and I hardly even touched it), go ahead. I did, and was glad. I let him go on a free contract at the age of 35 because he couldn't cut it anymore.

Yeah, bit like Rio, he's 32 (I think) on mine and his stats haven't started declining, hoping I get another 2 years out of Evra then Bale should take over.

Yeah I got 130 million this year and still have 84 million sitting there, no one that I need really.

R.E. ssrider

You need to purchase another striker if you haven't hit over 55 goals in a season yet, I can usually get 55 goals between 2 of my strikers, let alone the whole squad.

Urm I found one on here somewhere called - Man Utd Almost perfection, or something along them lines.

It was very much like United in real life, with the focus on Ronaldo. The team was attacking minded, the full backs bombing forward etc. I still use it, brings in alot of goals but the defence doesn't keep anywhere near the amount od clean sheets it used to.

Archived