FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my current team for the start of the 19/20 season.

I have alot of talented youth players also but won't post them just yet, the ones i do list are the ones i will proberly stick with for this season before starting to bring through the youngsters next season

GK: Osker Ustari/Ben Foster

3 yth who can step in if needed

DR: Ben Flood/Stuart Pattison

DL: Nathan Baker/Matteo Grassi

DC: Jordan Spence/Matteo Grassi

DC: Jon Barasoain/Matteo Grassi

3 yth backup for defence if needed

MR: Jack Wilshere/Cristiano Ronaldo/Theo Walcott

ML: Matthew Walker/Theo Walcott/Stuart Downing

MC: Aaron Craggs/Adrian Lindegaard/Chris Gray

MC: Clive Whittingham/Adrian Lindegaard/Chris Gray

alot of yth cover if needed

ST: Danny Welbeck/Wayne Rooney/Theo Walcott

ST: Diego Cuomo/Wayne Rooney/Theo Walcott

2 17 year old youths as backup if a injury crises arises

i have alot of backup but i know that the team i have is big enough to handle a season even with heavy injuries and have found my youngster in the past good enough for the odd game as covers.

So what do people think of this team remembering this is now the 2019/2020 season??

hard to comment on the team considering the amont of time past, no way knowing how players developed or how good the regens are. Only way to get real comment is load a screenshot of every player up unfortunately

I dont let any old player go on a free... give them a yearly contract, renewed just before current one runs out till they retire as a coach :D

Currently got Rio sitting around only getting the odd game (but still captain of England for me ) hoping he retire within 2 years (8th season i hope he gone by). With Vidic, Evans, Sakho, 2 regens all fighting for the 2 CB spaces there not much room for old Rio :(

Dont see point of selling or letting them go on a free, not like money an issue as you said. My bank balance is £367m in 2013, expecting it to breach £450m by the end of the season... only players i sell as they get a bit older is players i purchased in and have no history with (ie I wont sell Rossi, however I sell some random player)

Evra didn't want to be a coach. That was why I let him go :D I agree that there is no point of selling or letting them go on a free. At 2017/2018 season, the club's value is at 873 million pounds. Really no reason to sell people, even though I do sell my top players (like Gareth Bale at 35 million pounds) when I want to get fresh faces in.

Ya, I am crazy considering Bale is one of the best left backs, and he is 27 in this season. Only 27. I guess I do not have an attachment toward him after he complained he may want a new challenge. There is no bigger annoyance to me. I totally hate players saying that :D

hard to comment on the team considering the amont of time past, no way knowing how players developed or how good the regens are. Only way to get real comment is load a screenshot of every player up unfortunately

I think i will leave it lol that many screenshots would take forever, but my team is good won the prem last 6-7 season in a row

First season (08\09)

Just got Girgio Chiellini(£23M) and Fernando Gago(£7M). They did well in their debut and Chiellini came at the perfect time. To replace Vidic who is injured. I'm also thinking about selling Fletcher for £16M and Berbatov for £32M (if anyone is interested)

Evra didn't want to be a coach. That was why I let him go :D I agree that there is no point of selling or letting them go on a free. At 2017/2018 season, the club's value is at 873 million pounds. Really no reason to sell people, even though I do sell my top players (like Gareth Bale at 35 million pounds) when I want to get fresh faces in.

Ya, I am crazy considering Bale is one of the best left backs, and he is 27 in this season. Only 27. I guess I do not have an attachment toward him after he complained he may want a new challenge. There is no bigger annoyance to me. I totally hate players saying that :D

i think i annoy my players... on the 1st of each month, every player that is over 30 years old gets told "i think your good enough to coach".... do this for a season and they normally "definately gonna stay in football". Infact i got Beckham back to united at ripe age of 38 (free transfer - £0 + £1m after 50 league games... lol), simply to turn him into a coach. Started as not staying in football, 3 months later it doubtful... few more months and he be staying i think :D

This is my current team for the start of the 19/20 season.

I have alot of talented youth players also but won't post them just yet, the ones i do list are the ones i will proberly stick with for this season before starting to bring through the youngsters next season

GK: Osker Ustari/Ben Foster

3 yth who can step in if needed

DR: Ben Flood/Stuart Pattison

DL: Nathan Baker/Matteo Grassi

DC: Jordan Spence/Matteo Grassi

DC: Jon Barasoain/Matteo Grassi

3 yth backup for defence if needed

MR: Jack Wilshere/Cristiano Ronaldo/Theo Walcott

ML: Matthew Walker/Theo Walcott/Stuart Downing

MC: Aaron Craggs/Adrian Lindegaard/Chris Gray

MC: Clive Whittingham/Adrian Lindegaard/Chris Gray

alot of yth cover if needed

ST: Danny Welbeck/Wayne Rooney/Theo Walcott

ST: Diego Cuomo/Wayne Rooney/Theo Walcott

2 17 year old youths as backup if a injury crises arises

i have alot of backup but i know that the team i have is big enough to handle a season even with heavy injuries and have found my youngster in the past good enough for the odd game as covers.

So what do people think of this team remembering this is now the 2019/2020 season??

Any chance of a screenshot of Danny Welbeck mate?

I'm in my 3rd season and I've had him out on loan, thinking of beginning to use him next season as a back up to Rooney and Aguero.

Anyone who's kept Berbatov, how long does he last. 30 in my game now and I wouldn't mind getting rid of him to bring in a fresher face, but just not too sure who. Someone relatively young who'd be OK with sitting on the bench.

Any chance of a screenshot of Danny Welbeck mate?

I'm in my 3rd season and I've had him out on loan, thinking of beginning to use him next season as a back up to Rooney and Aguero.

Anyone who's kept Berbatov, how long does he last. 30 in my game now and I wouldn't mind getting rid of him to bring in a fresher face, but just not too sure who. Someone relatively young who'd be OK with sitting on the bench.

i didn't use him until my 4th or 5th season really but he was a pleasent suprise after the ammount of goals he got me

Eastenders and RiverCity on tonight... so i got 90minutes online.. think i use this opportunity to do some screenshot uploading.. if anyone got a particular player they would like to see then just yell.. .I will basically post a screenshot of the players that form my first squad... and put in some of the young united players that in the main have been sold on.

What year are you in xx11?

I'd like to see some screenshots of the United players who are in the U-18's at the beginning, the likes of Rafael/Fabio, Welbeck, Petrucci, to see what they turn out like.

Also if you have any others like Santon, Saivet & other young prospects I'd like to see how they've progressed.

What year are you in xx11?

I'd like to see some screenshots of the United players who are in the U-18's at the beginning, the likes of Rafael/Fabio, Welbeck, Petrucci, to see what they turn out like.

Also if you have any others like Santon, Saivet & other young prospects I'd like to see how they've progressed.

Thought i had put the year in the post.. doh..

In the Sixth Season, so 2013 (November.)

Got 33 screenshots currently uploading to imageshack. Will take awhile for that to complete but when it has I will add a few more.... Raf,Fab,wellbeck, possebon, etc already on their way up. As is santon and Saviet as they in my squad. I try remember some the other youngsters people like, i actually didnt go too mad on buying them this time round :D

Ok here is the first batch.. can deal with further requests later tonight or tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Goal Keepers:

igor akinfeev

Sergio Asenjo

Defenders:

rafael

fabio

nemanja vidic

mamadou sakho

patrice evra

davide santon

simone bertozzi

jonny evans

owen hargreaves

rio ferdinand (hardly plays)

Midfielders:

ristiano ronaldo

anderson

lionel messi

nani

adem ljajic

zoran tosic

remy boer

carlos vela

Forwards:

henri saivet

iuseppe rossi

wayne rooney

peter turley - great international record. 12 in 12.. he got 2 goals on his international debut, before he even played in the Utd squad. heh.

maurcio

Other United players/Youth:

ben foster

darron gibson

craig cathcart

danny simpson

rodrigo possebon

danny welbeck

fraizer campbell

febian brandy

I'm just at the start of the 2011/12 season and have a tiny problem – both Nani and Carrick are unhappy and feel they have "achieved all they can" at the club. Interestingly, both had decided this mid-way through the season, before we won the Premier League for the second time, the FA Cup and the Champions League.

Is there anything I can do to make them think otherwise, or is it just a case of selling them for the highest possible amount? I don't want to let Nani go cheap, so I offered him to other clubs for £50million, and there were no offers, despite a lot of interest. Don't know what to do about them, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

unfortunately that one the things that is hard to ever get rid of as even if you win everything that will just make them think it even more as nothing else they can achieve.... so probably your best bet is to try and get the best money you can for them.

I have found the best way to get around this is to other the players at least 1 new contract every 18 months. Seems to keep all unhappyness under check

Some good screenshots there xx11

Some players don't progress as well as I thought they would though (Ljajic, Saivet) But some look very good (Anderson, Sakho, Santon) Cheers for that :)

Saviet hasnt had much first team experience prior to this season so his growth been hampered by that, couldnt get him decent loans :(

Ljajic is a strange one, i think he may have got a lowish PA in game (think he a random one anyways). I played him alot and there not been massive growth.. wondering if made him too much of an all round player as wanted him to cover AMC as well as AML/AMR. Guess may have hampered him there :(

I have a question about Foster,

I'm Cardiff in in my 1st season in the Prem and have just bought Foster for 2.5mil from Aston Villa, how good does he get and was he worth it? My scout says he is a 4star.

screenshot of him in my list a couple posts up... he moved around a bit in my game (barcelona and villa plus possibly someone else, cant remember).... and at 30 years old he not really been regular for anyone. I say he a good keeper, but there are much better out there (ie Asenjo is better imo and only costs about £8m at start)

screenshot of him in my list a couple posts up... he moved around a bit in my game (barcelona and villa plus possibly someone else, cant remember).... and at 30 years old he not really been regular for anyone. I say he a good keeper, but there are much better out there (ie Asenjo is better imo and only costs about £8m at start)

Hah, that's very true. Sadly, Asenjo was getting all annoyed that I am not giving him a first team status (he was developing at 3 stars) while I got Akinfeev on the cheap because he refused to sign a contract with his former club. Now, Asenjo is developing really well with Manchester City (the suckers who bought Carrick at 25 million pounds and a few other unwanted players I signed mistakenly for at least <15 million pounds).

Do I regret it? I guess not, since Ochoa came to me on a free Bosman's ruling as a backup. Even though both Akinfeev and Ochoa are 31 and 32, they are just reaching their prime. I still have 3-4 years before I need to hunt down a regen goalkeeper that is good enough.

Oh, is anyone having any problems finding a regen right winger to replace Ronaldo when he gets old since he is 32 and starting to weaken as a dominant force. I am quite far from replacing him as yet because there is just no one who is even close to him. So, anyone far enough (at least 2017/2018) finding issues replacing him?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to maximse the performances of Scholes and i'm struggling on how to get consistently good performances from the Ginger Prince.

The current individual settings i'm using for him are:

Mentality: 17

Creative Freedom: 10

Passing: 10

Closing Down: 17

Tackling: Mixed

Forward Runs: Mixed

Run with Ball: Rarely

Long Shots: Mixed

Through Ball: Often

Cross Ball: Rarely

Cross Ball From: Deep

Free Role: No

Hold Up Ball: Yes

I play him CM in a 442.

But he just isnt performing to anywhere near what his abilities should be. I'm in the first season with United.

simonbyrneno.4

Up his CF a little; increase his passing by about 3 more notches and have try FR on often.

Do you recommend making his passing more direct? Do you think that I should change his through balls setting to mixed so that he isn't always trying the killer ball all the time?

Do you recommend making his passing more direct? Do you think that I should change his through balls setting to mixed so that he isn't always trying the killer ball all the time?

Direct should be better, you can experiment with TTB being on mixed but that’s less important. Surely you would want him trying the slicing pass?

Well, the temptation of being a United fan got to me and I dropped my Cardiff save and started a United one, first piece of business:

davidesantono.png

Bargain!! Scout says potential to be better than Ronnie, plus he a natural in all right posistions!!

Hey guys,

I'm trying to maximse the performances of Scholes and i'm struggling on how to get consistently good performances from the Ginger Prince.

The current individual settings i'm using for him are:

Mentality: 17

Creative Freedom: 10

Passing: 10

Closing Down: 17

Tackling: Mixed

Forward Runs: Mixed

Run with Ball: Rarely

Long Shots: Mixed

Through Ball: Often

Cross Ball: Rarely

Cross Ball From: Deep

Free Role: No

Hold Up Ball: Yes

I play him CM in a 442.

But he just isnt performing to anywhere near what his abilities should be. I'm in the first season with United.

My personal recommendation is this:

1. Drop his mentality by 3-4 notches. It's way too high, even for a CM playmaker type.
  2. Give him 2 more notches for creativity.
  3. Don't let Scholes hold up the ball. He's not particularly the best person to do so. Get a proper defensive midfielder to do that.
  4. Reduce his closing down by 1-2 notches. He will tire way too easily.

Hope that helps!

In my 3rd season still, got the easter holidays now as I've broken up from school so should hopefully be able to get a fair bit of FM done in the next 2 weeks :)

Aguero is playing a blinder this season so far, Rooney however is playing poorly, and has only scored 2 goals from 8 app's, whereas Aguero has notchced something like 9 from 8. Fernandez is also keeping Messi out of my side, but I still want to incoorporated Messi into my team somewhere so where is the best place to play him? AMR is occupied by Ronaldo, AML - Fernandez. How does he fair up front? Thought of playing him up front alongside Aguero but the two are too small to play together IMO.

Can someone help me out with a problem I have encountered?

Just finished 1st season as Utd and won the treble (FA, CL and PL) as well as the minor trophies.

However, just got the news Ronaldo has broken his leg playing for Portugal in a WC Qualifier.

Playing the near perfection tactic from Tactics/Training forum and need someone to replace him as AMR.

Edit: Disregard this. Decided to sign Marquinhos.

Ronaldo is so hard to replace, infact i would go as far to say he is irreplaceable, all you can do is find a player that a decent winger, dont think i will ever find a player that can score and create as many as Ronaldo has been. Messi is poor in comparison and to be fair i probably wasted £35m on him as i think nani/ronaldo combo would be better but im stubborn, dont want any other team to have messi :D

Im at the point where my regens are starting to come through to first team. With this i got a good striker, some centre back and central midfields.... wide players though im still lacking. I not paid a penny in transfers for about 3 years now but i may have to start getting into the transfer market and pick up youngsters again. Been ignoring my scouts for a long time so think it time that i look to hire some 20/20's and see what they can find me in everyones under-18's.

Dont know if anyone ever purchased the lad, Chris Cohan whom i believe starts at notts forest... he moved to Fenerbache in my game in 2010. Apparently AMC/AML (though if put him in AML i get a red indictor which dont understand). Anyways, i not got him in my Utd team but i have him playing for England, he has scored 5 goals in 8 games from AMC... better yet in the 2014 world cup, 2nd round, he just scored a hat-trick against Germany in a 3-1 victory. May be worth having a look at as he isnt expensive either (I got no place for him else i would got him, to many attacking players as is)

Same here xx11 I regret buying Messi, no need. Nani and Fernandez are both around the same level as him. Whereas no one can replace Ronaldo.

Now I have a midfield set that goes like this ...

Ronaldo Nani Fernandez Messi Hargreaves Camacho Anderson Diarra

Please someone make my mind up for which one to sell, as I don't know which one to sell. I was thinking Hargraves as he is 30 and a getting on a bit but is still a class player, however injur prone he is!

After a disapointing 1st season where all i won was the FA cup and lost out on the title to Liverpool ive just finished my second season which has been my best ever. I won everything i enterered, Community shield, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Champions League and Premiership, thats the first time ive ever won them all in one season on any FM:D

My squad currently is:

GK: Asenjo

RB: Rafael (the lads come on amazing having been given 1st team football for 2 seasons)

LB: Evra/Mattock

CB: Ferdinand/Hummels

CB: Vidic/Evans

MR: Ronaldo/Walcott

ML: Nani/Tosic/Sturridge

MC: Anderson/Kroos/Fletcher

MC: Carrick/Hargreaves/Veloso

MLCA: Rooney/Rossi/Kroos

ST: Benzema/Soldado

I'm looking to sell Soldado as he isnt as good as id of hoped, I may also sell Veloso as he doesnt fit into the way i play anymore, i need another Carrick in that position really. Any recomendations of a good striker, i was thinking Huntelaar? And how about a similar type of player to Carrick?

but overall messi is still better than nani and is younger than him as well

in this game player dont downgrade taht significantly especially if hargrevez is only a CDM

Messi gets a few more assists in my team, but nani gets lots of assists and scores more goals... it his long shot stat that does that, plus the right foot stat for coming off the left wing and hitting the shots.

Pains me to say it, but it really depends on how anderson developed and where you play him. I should sell Anderson on my game but i refuse to as i love the little guy. But he alround probably the weakest. So it be between him and diarra/Camcho depending on the development of each

After a disapointing 1st season where all i won was the FA cup and lost out on the title to Liverpool ive just finished my second season which has been my best ever. I won everything i enterered, Community shield, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Champions League and Premiership, thats the first time ive ever won them all in one season on any FM:D

My squad currently is:

GK: Asenjo

RB: Rafael (the lads come on amazing having been given 1st team football for 2 seasons)

LB: Evra/Mattock

CB: Ferdinand/Hummels

CB: Vidic/Evans

MR: Ronaldo/Walcott

ML: Nani/Tosic/Sturridge

MC: Anderson/Kroos/Fletcher

MC: Carrick/Hargreaves/Veloso

MLCA: Rooney/Rossi/Kroos

ST: Benzema/Soldado

I'm looking to sell Soldado as he isnt as good as id of hoped, I may also sell Veloso as he doesnt fit into the way i play anymore, i need another Carrick in that position really. Any recomendations of a good striker, i was thinking Huntelaar? And how about a similar type of player to Carrick?

Lucho Gonzalez, Skjelbred, Yohan Cabaye, Toulalan, Pablo Ledesma

Lucho Gonzalez, Skjelbred, Yohan Cabaye, Toulalan, Pablo Ledesma

Cheers, i decided to go for Ruben De la Red as he seems like a similar player to Carrick. I also got Huntelaar with Soldado moving the other way in exchange. Finally i decided to keep Veloso and sell Hargreaves instead whilst i can still get a decent price for him.

Hi managers i have a simple question to all the people in this thread. Have you ever manager to build up old trafford to 100 000 k and after that buld a new stadium :) in the last 3 manager i have done everything for the club but the board refuses to build a new bigger stadium :( need help 10x in advance for the replies

Hi managers i have a simple question to all the people in this thread. Have you ever manager to build up old trafford to 100 000 k and after that buld a new stadium :) in the last 3 manager i have done everything for the club but the board refuses to build a new bigger stadium :( need help 10x in advance for the replies

i have had a new stadium in a previous save (9.1.0 iirc).... takes quite a long time and a heck of a lot of money to get one. You probably be 10+ seasons in before you get it. I got the 100k stadium and im in 7th season. Average attendence for years in the prem has been something like 99783 so each season im asking for an expension just to get the "council wont allow due to space", hoping if i keep doing this they decide to build one (then i get annoyed that they name it after me.. i dont want a stadium in my honour ;p )

i have had a new stadium in a previous save (9.1.0 iirc).... takes quite a long time and a heck of a lot of money to get one. You probably be 10+ seasons in before you get it. I got the 100k stadium and im in 7th season. Average attendence for years in the prem has been something like 99783 so each season im asking for an expension just to get the "council wont allow due to space", hoping if i keep doing this they decide to build one (then i get annoyed that they name it after me.. i dont want a stadium in my honour ;p )

10x for the info i am in my 7th season 250 m dollars for transfers etc. i am saving them do i have a chance in near 2 year to have a new stadium

10x for the info i am in my 7th season 250 m dollars for transfers etc. i am saving them do i have a chance in near 2 year to have a new stadium

i got £500m in the bank now... helps that not needed to really buy any players for a very long time and my free transfers get sold the minute they whine at not playing a lot (normally in 6months to 2 years.. they only their to back up my team)

Anyone know when I'm likely to get offered an international job!? I got offered the Croatia job once but refused it, as they didn't qualify for the WC 2010.

I'm in November 2010, England didn't even finish in the top 2 with Capello, and now they are 3rd in an easy group thanks to Allardyce, even if I take over the England job with another manager and then retire and apply for it from my United manager, Allardyce gets it ahead of me. I want something to go along with my United save as althoguh its enjoyable its pretty easy I cruise the majority of games 3/4-0.

i became england manager in 2012 after capello was mysteriously sacked... he won the European championship and then got fired. lol.

I applied and took over on the 8.7.2012... came runner up in confederations cup (France beat me) then managed to win the 2014 world cup with some extreme luck (Played france in semi, they went down to 10 men early but still were all over me). Beat Italy i think it was in the final quite comfortably

Im just about to start my 3rd season and its just in the process of being expanded to 100,000, i think the building a new stadium has something to do with how much debt we're in, so the lower the debt becomes the more likely a new stadium is.

Archived