FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Question regarding aerial abilty...

On my 2nd season as Man Utd, I have a keeper problem...Foster wants to leave me as he wants a new challenge, I want to buy Asenjo but can't as he is injured for 4-5 months. So I want Akinfeev BUT his aerial ability is 11, my best scouts say he is a good signing, do I buy him or is his aerial ability a weekness? All his other stats a really good for a great keeper

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question regarding aerial abilty...

On my 2nd season as Man Utd, I have a keeper problem...Foster wants to leave me as he wants a new challenge, I want to buy Asenjo but can't as he is injured for 4-5 months. So I want Akinfeev BUT his aerial ability is 11, my best scouts say he is a good signing, do I buy him or is his aerial ability a weekness? All his other stats a really good for a great keeper

His aerial ability is a weakness but you can improve that over the seasons you have him, he’s still a very good GK.

Real Madrid have just made a bid of £45 for Nani, i'm in start of 2nd season, shall I sell him or not?

I would keep him personally.

Im looking for some info and I hope someone here can help me. I grew a little tired of my Man Utd saves but felt like getting back and starting a new one up. Since I didnt really start following football unitl the last few years, I enevr got the chance to see the reat players like Schioles, Keane, Giggs, Beckham, and Gary Neville in their primes. I wanted to enter them back into a save with Man Utd just to do something different.

Is there a dtabase with these players in it or something I can use to put their attributes in the game?? Im sure there are other greats that were with these players, I guess Im looking to put the best Man Utd players of the modern era in a game and compete against stars of today.

Anyone have any idea where I could find this info, if its even out there somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I thought there was a 1996/97 United team around on the internet somewhere but I can't seem to find it. If you give me the players you want included, I'll have a bash at creating a new DB for you.

That would be greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated!!!!

I really dont know much ab out the previous teams but the players from the 1999 season would probably be where the Man Utd players were at their best. The ones I mentioned in my earlier post are really the main ones I think. Any player that you think played a big part in those years would be appreciated as well. Ive heard so much about how good they were but never got to see them sadly. So again, Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Keane, Gary Neville are the main ones I know.

rocky0

i have some great news for you. I was looking for the same thing, i have found one which has been made, but it is still in early stages and there a quite a few data issues but still very playable. The database was designed to see if you can bring out the worlds best players of today through your club etc so the likes of ronaldo, drogba etc are all very young.

PS - this is the season which the treble takes place and was made by a Man Utd fan ( his name is on the lines of Man Utd anyway.

the database is well worth a look ;) ill post a link when i can re find it, shouldn't be long :D

EDIT - here is a link to the thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=119914 the download will on a link to there and also there is a link to another thread which users can post and data problems they find.

I didnt, I have manage man utd since the first season so I just got the players over time, with 50 millions per season it aint difficult, last season the board gave me 80 millones and I got dani alves, marquinhos and aguero. and messi only cost me 36.5 millions so is possible

I can post transfer history if u want

rocky0

i have some great news for you. I was looking for the same thing, i have found one which has been made, but it is still in early stages and there a quite a few data issues but still very playable. The database was designed to see if you can bring out the worlds best players of today through your club etc so the likes of ronaldo, drogba etc are all very young.

PS - this is the season which the treble takes place and was made by a Man Utd fan ( his name is on the lines of Man Utd anyway.

the database is well worth a look ;) ill post a link when i can re find it, shouldn't be long :D

EDIT - here is a link to the thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=119914 the download will on a link to there and also there is a link to another thread which users can post and data problems they find.

I think he wants just the United team from '99, not all teams from '99. I'm not sure though, let me know so I know whether to make it or not.

I think he wants just the United team from '99, not all teams from '99. I'm not sure though, let me know so I know whether to make it or not.

if that the case all he needs to do is take the database and then use the man utd data and copy it into a new database, will just save him having to decide on stats for players

Sorry, I didnt make real clear what I was looking. I am really only looking for the Man Utd team from 1999, not all the teams. As I mentioned before, I really dont know that much about the team or its players so maybe not even the whole team is needed, not really sure. Im sorry i didnt make myself clear, I definately would not want you to take all that time and effort to make a DB when its only one team I wanted.

If the link above has a good representation of the team then thats prolly what I should use. I didnt know if there was alisting of the players where I would just copy them or what.

So again, sorry I wasnt clear enough before, at most I would only want the man Utd team from 1999, no others.

I greatly appreciate the help I am getting with this though, I really do

Just beat the "most games won in a row" record after a 2-0 win against CRJ 1907 Cluj (or something like that) That game also qualified me from the group stage after only 4 matches. Now up to 12 wins in a row. Some of which were against Arsenal and Chelsea :D

Now off to crush Burnley while giving Michael Cooke (newly arrived Right Back prospect from the academy) his first start. Can't wait, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Have to get up early for work tomorrow... Damn weekend workdays!

Hey guys, could you post a list of players linked to Man United as future targets? I don't really follow the news on transfer gossip. I'm trying to keep my transfer as close as possible to RL. I'm not that obsessed about winning trophies, I just want to manage 'United'. :) Thank you in advance for your help.

yeh i bought him before man utd had, pushed balotelli and nani for a wingers place for 4 seasons before being sold on, note i also sold nani cos he was complaining about competition

id recommend giving him a run of games, hes very versatile which is also very useful

I can't take this anymore. Arsenal wins everything, every time. Right now in my game after 32 games played they have 31 wins and 1 tie. How is that realistic? Just had to come and rant since this is really making me mad.

Hey guys, could you post a list of players linked to Man United as future targets? I don't really follow the news on transfer gossip. I'm trying to keep my transfer as close as possible to RL. I'm not that obsessed about winning trophies, I just want to manage 'United'. :) Thank you in advance for your help.

United are linked with a fair few players here's a few to start you off; Douglas Costa, Walter, Ribéry, Mongil (Although I'm not sure if he's on the DB) and now Kaká this morning. :D

aye that kaka link was a surprise, I really cant see how we can afford him unless we fear that Ronaldo is going to be going out the door. Be hard to fit the lad into the squad when you still got he likes of Carrick, hargraeves, scholes, giggs, anderson all as central midfielders.

Certainly be interesting to see the developments in this case

Sorry, I didnt make real clear what I was looking. I am really only looking for the Man Utd team from 1999, not all the teams. As I mentioned before, I really dont know that much about the team or its players so maybe not even the whole team is needed, not really sure. Im sorry i didnt make myself clear, I definately would not want you to take all that time and effort to make a DB when its only one team I wanted.

If the link above has a good representation of the team then thats prolly what I should use. I didnt know if there was alisting of the players where I would just copy them or what.

So again, sorry I wasnt clear enough before, at most I would only want the man Utd team from 1999, no others.

I greatly appreciate the help I am getting with this though, I really do

Alright, so I'm making a DB of just the '99 United team and the other teams from the present? I'll add the main stars of the treble winning team to the current team if that's alright. Tell me if you want me to just release the current United players though. I'll start work on it now, shouldn't take long.

Ive just bought Rossi for £21.5million, do you think i should offload Berbatov as he has only scored 1 in 9 for me and i have other strikers coming through, such as Welbeck and Sturridge. How much do you think i should accept for him aswell.

thanks

Ive just bought Rossi for £21.5million, do you think i should offload Berbatov as he has only scored 1 in 9 for me and i have other strikers coming through, such as Welbeck and Sturridge. How much do you think i should accept for him aswell.

thanks

I think you should sell him. I haven't bought any strikers in my two seasons and Berbatov is still dead weight. If you play it right, I think you could get around £30M for him (don't ask me how, exactly), but anything above 15 would make me consider it.

manusquadq.png

Thats my squad currently. I sold Evra and Hargraves, brought in Keirrison, Sakho, Walcott, Santon, Asenjo, and Zuculini is coming in on January 1st :D

I've only lost one game and that was to Everton. I'm in 3rd right now, but I have a game in hand. If I win my next game in the prem, I'll be all tied up at 1st.

Berbatov is doing really well for me. Quick question, do do I get Rafael to become a better LB? I know he is a RB, but I go Santon. Santon was only 3.4 million, too good to pass up.

Jad123

You dont have to release anyone, I would just sell them off to help improve some of the other teams I guess. What ever is easiest to do though would be fine with me. You are doing the work so whatever you can thats easy :)

I'm currently in my 5th season and I have won everything multiple times. I have very healthy finances and six star training in every category (can't find seven star coaches).

Transfers In

2008/09

Vagner Love – £15m – Immense striker truly world class player. He has scored 117 goals in 184 appearances.

Miguel Veloso - £11.5m – Very good defensive midfielder who can defend really well and do build up play. Currently rejecting +£30m offers from AC Milan.

+some youngsters

2009/10

René Adler - £35.5m – One of the best goalkeepers in the world. Paid overprice but I was in a hurry. His only major weakness is low Aerial Ability (13). Current European Goalkeeper of the Year.

Franck Ribéry - £25m – Again paid over the top. Good player but currently my 4th choice winger.

César Azpilicueta - £8m – He had a low release clause and I needed a rightback. Current European Defender of the Year. Spain’s first choice RB at 22.

+some youngsters

20010/11

Alan Dzagoev - £15m – Young, very skilful but little bit weak Russian playmaker. First season was destroyed by injury. In second averaged 7.36 in 22 games. Currently fighting with Anderson for First XI slot.

Abdullah – Free – Very skilful Turkish regen but too whiny for my taste. Flocked him off to Inter after just 6 months for cool £30m.

+some youngsters

2011/12

Lionel Messi - £36.5m – Ridiculously low release clause. Averaged 7,36 in 48 games in his debut season. Was chosen as Supporters Player of the year. Plays with number 11.

Ignacio Camacho - £12.5m – Same as Messi. Challenges Veloso for first XI slot. Spain regular.

+some youngsters

2012/13

Fernando Torres- £25m – Liverpool went briefly into administration at last season’s end. Decided to put cheeky bid which was to my surprise accepted. Can’t form an opinion yet.

+some youngsters

Transfers Out

2008/09

Jimmy Derpyshire – Free to Mansfield– Utterly Useless.

+loans

2009/10

Darren Fletcher - £20m to Marseille – Fringe player

Fabio – £7.25m to Tottenham – Started to whine.

Rafael - £7.25m to Everton – Same as his brother.

Park Ji-Sung - £5m to Fiorentina – Fringe player.

Tomasz Kuszczak- £3m to Leverkusen – Fringe player.

Fraizer Campbell - £1.9m to Newcastle – Fringe player.

+loans, freebies, peanut transfers etc.

20010/11

Abdullah - £30m to Inter – Started to whine, became unsettled etc.

2011/12

Owen Hargreaves - £10m to Bayern München – Lost his place to Camacho

Zoran Tosic - £5.75m to Villarreal – Fringe player.

2012/13

Dimitar Berbatov – Free to Chelsea – Became obsolete after Torres signing

Current Team

GK: René Adler/Ben Foster

DL: Patrice Evra/Miguel Veloso

DC: Rio Ferdinand/Miguel Pedro (RG)

DC: Nemanja Vidic/Jonny Evans

DR: César Azpilicueta/Wes Brown

ML: Lionel Messi/Franck Ribéry

DMC: Miguel Veloso/Antonio Camacho

MCa: Anderson/Alan Dzagoev

MR: Cristiano Ronaldo/Nani

ST: Vagner Love/Fernando Torres

ST: Wayne Rooney/Carlos Tevez

Currently I am hunting for a DC to replace Rio and a DL to compete with Evra.

Thats a brilliant team antero! Can anyone recommend a right-back with good pace, tackling and crossing? I've put a bid in for Cicinho but I've got a feeling they'll ask for £15m+, which I really don't want to pay.

Best first season as United - all down to Vagnor Love and David Beckham :)

Oh that reminds me. In my save Beckham is currently playing for Hull in PL. Even though he is 37 he is still vital part of their team. He has become little bit slow accelaration 6 and pace 7. Other than that he still looks decent.

antero

Great team! Nice way to weaken the scousers, but if they were in administration you may have got away with a lower bid ;)

Jad123

For the right back, im not sure if hehas the stats you are looking for or if you already have him, but is very good on he attack, i would highly recommend; Davide Santon

mby2j

Great first season! i am yet to score over 100 points in a season. usually get around the mid 90s mark.

hey, ive been seriously thinking about retraining Rafael as a LB, as he is fairly strong with his left foot and I have Santon at RB. Anyone done this and how successful was it? cheers

ive done it, he plays well there but the only problem is he cuts from the wing and shoots which means he wastes quite a few chances due to him not scoring many when he should be crossing the ball to the players in the box.

This might be my tactics though :)

Just starting a save with United, am looking to keep the team pretty much the same, although i will bring in some youngsters to replace any deadwood. Has anyone got advice on getting the best out of the current squad? ie how to get rooney/ronaldo etc at thier best.

Thanks

ive done it, he plays well there but the only problem is he cuts from the wing and shoots which means he wastes quite a few chances due to him not scoring many when he should be crossing the ball to the players in the box.

This might be my tactics though :)

ok thanks, im going to have a look into that and start retraining him.

ive completely changed the squad and filled with young players here is the squad;

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6858/squadjuly2010.png

its very large and im not really sure of my strongest first 11 which i suppose is good. The team has been doing well in pre season however because of the amount of players some are unhappy due to competition for their position. Anyone have any recommendations for anything?

I've started again so I can change my tactic to something more solid from the start, not in the middle of the season. My only transfers out have been Fletcher (£30m!), Berbatov (£34.5m!), O'Shea (£6m) and Kuszczak (£3.5m). I've only been allowed 75% of my transfer revenue so I've had to do some budget adjusting to buy Aguero (£45m) and Cicinho (£15m). I'm just about going to be able to get Santon, I've agreed a deal to buy him for £6m+ 35% of next sale. Not bad considering I'm never going to sell him anyway :D It's been a pretty amazing pre-season, I beat Newcastle Town 12-0, Sheff Utd 1-0, Bury 3-0, Altrincham 10-0, Antwerp 10-0, and FC Groningen 4-1 :D We won comfortably in the Charity Shield with two quality long-rangers from Nani :) I'm just about to play City without Aguero, Ronaldo, Scholes, Nani and Hargreaves due to injuries, suspensions and the Olympics.

PS: How many of them are actually wonderkids bemerry?! Well you could loan out the youngest players, like Fleck, but you going to definitely get rid of at least 5 of them :)

I have made some major signings January second season with £21.5million on G Rossi and £8.25million on Asenjo. Ben Foster has not performed for me like he did on other patches, which is quite dispointing as i wanted to have an english base.

No worries! First four competitive games:

Portsmouth: 2-0 win

Man City: 1-0 win

Portsmouth: 2-0 win

Zenit: 2-0 win

Very comfortable so far! After that Beckham screenshot up the page, I've decided to put a £4.8m bid in for him, which has been accepted. I think I'll retrain him to the DMC position :)

Archived