FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Rossi does a decent job, though he often played AMC for me.

Signed him in 2009/10 season - every season he played uptop he had at least a 1 in 2 ratio... from amc he scores about 15 goals (1 in 3). Im now in 2020 and he still playing for me :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Do it. Rossi is better than Gibson (I assume you mean the midfield Rossi?)

I need some recommendations for a backup-goalkeeper for Asenjo. van der Sar is getting old (I'm in 2010) and Foster is stagnating in the reserves and playing really poorly when I give him a chance (leaking like a punctured balloon and making the defensive line nervous). A young and cheap gk is preferred as Asenjo is 1st choice and the backup will spend a lot of time on the bench.

2010 - hmm check afinkeev contract. Contract runs out in the december of 2011 iirc and i managed to get him for £6m or so in the January instead of waiting to try get him at a later date. Well worth a look at and both him and asenjo are happy to play roughly half the games of the season (one plays league and one plays cups)

and he be talking about guisseppe Rossi, ex-man utd striker

hey guys

i'm now in my third season

seriously , whats your take on nani ?

he seems good , playing well in matches but alot of clubs are making bids for him

i just offloaded carrick & berbatov recently

End of 2012 season in my game, tevez and carrick have been wanting a new challenge for ages and rejected all contract offers. Their contracts have expired, and I'm disappointed with both of them, Tevez has gone to win nothing at l'Arse, and Carrick has gone to join the OAPs at Chel$ki.

Replacements for Carrick are thin on the ground, I've got a huge transfer budget of £150mill having won the treble last season, and won the prem every season so far. I don't really want to break the transfer limit, but all the decent DMs will require me to if I want them. I already have Gokhan Inler who has been captain for 2 years now, so I will probably just re-retrain anderson to play MCd, as he's played there before. He can't shoot so there's no point him being at CMa.

Tevez has already been replaced by Ronaldo moving up to CF, and suplemented by Laurito + regens.

It's such a shame because I had a brilliant team last year, as the results show, and all my forwards had roughly a 1-2 goalscoring record, except Laurito who was 1:1, because he never plays in big games.

hey guys

he seems good , playing well in matches but alot of clubs are making bids for him

I'd keep nani, he's still first team for me in 2012, with messi on the other wing. Tosic can't deputise for either, and is almost as good as nani. But if you do want to sell him, get an offer accepted for a replacement before you accept any offer him, as he is too good to sell and not replace.

hey guys

Nani is solid on left wing cutting in.. he won world player of the year iirc when 30yrs old in my game. Probably would win it more often if Messi hadnt replaced him on wing for main team for many years

Hello,

I just accepted a job offer at Man Utd after 3 years at PSG. So, I'm now at the start of 4th season and need some advices.

Man Utd didn't transfered any players but sold Nani, Berbatov, Park, Evans. Van der Saar retired and I really need a good GK. Curently watching akinfeev.

I'll bring also Sakho , world class CB.

Please give all advices that you think I need!

Hello,

I just accepted a job offer at Man Utd after 3 years at PSG. So, I'm now at the start of 4th season and need some advices.

Man Utd didn't transfered any players but sold Nani, Berbatov, Park, Evans. Van der Saar retired and I really need a good GK. Curently watching akinfeev.

I'll bring also Sakho , world class CB.

Please give all advices that you think I need!

You'll need another winger by the looks of it, try messi's release clause if he's got one.

Young CB is a good idea too, as is GK, try Asenjo

A clinical striker is needed so check the big names of aguero, benzema, torres, vagner love

Then I'd just go regen fishing

You'll need another winger by the looks of it, try messi's release clause if he's got one.

Young CB is a good idea too, as is GK, try Asenjo

A clinical striker is needed so check the big names of aguero, benzema, torres, vagner love

Then I'd just go regen fishing

Messi is not willing to come. I'm going for Mati Fernandez.

PSG is asking big money for Sakho, around 60million Euros and I need to fill other postions now.

As striker Aguero is my 1st choice, but offense is not my priority for the moment. I need an RB to replace Brown and a GK, cos I don't have any :(

Maybe also a more offensive MC. Will see :)

Messi is not willing to come. I'm going for Mati Fernandez.

PSG is asking big money for Sakho, around 60million Euros and I need to fill other postions now.

As striker Aguero is my 1st choice, but offense is not my priority for the moment. I need an RB to replace Brown and a GK, cos I don't have any :(

Maybe also a more offensive MC. Will see :)

I wouldn't worry about messi not being interested, just offer him equal to your highest players wages after a month or so of buttering him up (saying he's a brilliant player etc) and he'll join.

hey guys, in my search of a winger to cover for Ronaldo, I have come down to two choices in Bosko Jankovic and Freddy Adu.

I want to know which one is better out of the two bearing I'm looking for a winger who can play both wings with the same impact.

what do you think guys? thank in advance. :thup:

good to see this thread has finally got busy again :D

kilo i would take a look at Santon for rightback or perhaps zapata he is a natural center back but always plays well for me when at right back. I would take a look at Adu and Bosko Jankovic as suggested by gandycoleuk if you cant get messi or fernandez

gandycoleuk that is a really hard choice to make, im going to sit on the fence lol and not be of much use, get them both!

sorry :(

fenom84 i sold nani at the end of the second season for £47.5M that was a good price for me because he wasnt playing as much as i or he would have liked, stats go up well though and id have probably kept him if i didnt have such good competition on the wings.

simonbyrneno.4 that is a brilliant deal, i would take it, gibson in my experiance never becomes good enough for Man Utd and i usually sell him, i bought rossi on my current save, im not really far enough into the season to give a fully justified opinion of him but he is averaging at 7.2 and is rivalling Rooney, Benzema and Balotelli for the striker position, as a result balotelli has been moved to the wing to help get rossi more games.

Well, I've decided to go for Jankovic but have spent £14.5m on him. I think that's maybe a bit much for a back-up to Ronaldo but there weren't anyone else available for less as Adu decided to go to Barca before Jankovic chose me.

What do you think guys? Too much money spent on him or will it be worth it in the end? Thanks in advance. :thup:

Hey lads, ive just gotten bored with a man utd save due to winning too easily for 12 yrs now. SO now Im planning to start a new man utd save and i plan to sign no new players for as long as possible (my first aim is 5years). this will mean i will need to have world class training schedules to build up my youth players (like Rafael, Welbeck etc.) which Ive found and almost 7 stars for training. so my question is, is this possible?

well ...transfer period over! :) Last friendlt game of the pre-season against Roma .

Transfer In : Matias Fernandez, Sakho ( both PSG ), Aguero (Att Mad), Akinfeev - Total : A LOT :)

Out : C Evans , Campbell, Eckeersley - 12mEuros.

I don't who to play though as CB : I have Vidic,Ferdinand,Sakho - all top class and ST : Aguero, Rooney, Tevez.

1st team: Akinfeev, Brown, Ferdinand, Sakho, Evra, Ronaldo, Carick, Anderson, Fernandez, Rooney, Aguero ( 4-4-2).

Reserves: Polish gk, O'Shea, Vidic, Fabio, Fletcher, Hargreaves, Tevez, Tosic, Ljalic, Welbeck

Hey lads, ive just gotten bored with a man utd save due to winning too easily for 12 yrs now. SO now Im planning to start a new man utd save and i plan to sign no new players for as long as possible (my first aim is 5years). this will mean i will need to have world class training schedules to build up my youth players (like Rafael, Welbeck etc.) which Ive found and almost 7 stars for training. so my question is, is this possible?

Getting seven stars at the start in all training categories is incredibly hard, five or six stars will still offer excellent training, the key with youth development is first team exposure along with correct tutoring at appropriate times and good training. :)

well ...transfer period over! :) Last friendlt game of the pre-season against Roma .

Transfer In : Matias Fernandez, Sakho ( both PSG ), Aguero (Att Mad), Akinfeev - Total : A LOT :)

Out : C Evans , Campbell, Eckeersley - 12mEuros.

I don't who to play though as CB : I have Vidic,Ferdinand,Sakho - all top class and ST : Aguero, Rooney, Tevez.

1st team: Akinfeev, Brown, Ferdinand, Sakho, Evra, Ronaldo, Carick, Anderson, Fernandez, Rooney, Aguero ( 4-4-2).

Reserves: Polish gk, O'Shea, Vidic, Fabio, Fletcher, Hargreaves, Tevez, Tosic, Ljalic, Welbeck

love the way you wrote "polish gk" instead of his actual name, :) very hard to spell

GK: Sergio Asenjo / Kasper Schmeichel

DL: Patrice Evra / Mamadou Sakho / Fabio

DR: Phillipp Lahm / Davide Santon / Rafael

DC: Rio Ferdinand / Jonny Evans / Mamadou Sakho / Jack Rodwell

DC: Nemanja Vidic / Jonny Evans / Mamadou Sakho / Jack Rodwell

AM R: Cristiano Ronaldo / Sofiane Feghouli / Nani / Franck Ribery / Zoran Tosic

AM L: Sofiane Feghouli / Cristiano Ronaldo / Nani / Franck Ribery / Zoran Tosic

MC: Gennaro Gattuso / Ignacio Camacho / Darren Fletcher / Owen Hargreaves / Anderson / Darron Gibson

MC: Ignacio Camacho / Gennaro Gattuso / Darren Fletcher / Owen Hargreaves / Anderson / Darron Gibson

ST: Sergio Aguero / Carlos Tevez / Wayne Rooney / Dimitar Berbatov / Danny Welbeck / Kevin Kuranyi

ST: Wayne Rooney / Carlos Tevez / Sergio Aguero / Dimitar Berbatov / Danny Welbeck / Kevin Kuranyi

What you reckon? 11/12 season

Well I've started a new United game too - 9.3 patch.

First season (all prices in pounds)

Out:

Fletcher (Man City 30m)

Brown (Napoli 10m)

Kuszczak (Chelsea 5m)

O'Shea (Sunderland 8m)

Foster (Dinamo 500k loan fee)

In:

Santon (Inter 1.6m)

Asenjo (Vallodolid 8.25m)

Saivet (Bordeaux 6.5m)

Fausto Rossi (Juventus 4.9m)

EPL: Won by 10 points from Arsenal (99 to 89)

FA Cup: Semi-final, lost to Newcastle 2-2 penalties (was 2-0 up until 89 mins bah)

League Cup: Quarter-final, lost to Chelsea 2-1

CL: My crowning jewel, won 4-3 in ET against Barca - Keita equalised in the 8th minute of added time in the second half argh...but luckily he gave it back with an own goal in the 116th minute!

So, second season then:

Out:

Park (Betis, 4m)

Simpson (Stoke, 2.5m)

Campbell (Sunderland 7.5m)

Manucho (Hull 1.5m)

Foster (Roma 3m)

Lee Martin (Bristol City 2m)

Gibson (Stoke 2.1m)

Berbatov (Barca 24m)

In:

Sakho (PSG 25m)

Akinfeev (CSKA 15m)

Federico Laurito (Udinese 2.6m) - my best buy so far, has become a top level striker for me and won CL Best Player this year; I played him in around half the games the season and he developed very very quickly

So to the tournaments:

EPL: Won by 2 points from Arsenal (94 to 92), but had it wrapped up 3 matches from the end and just played the youngsters for the last few ones

FA Cup: Won 2-1 against Chelsea

League Cup: Lost 3rd round itself against Stoke 1-0

CL: Won against Chelsea on penalties after 1-1

So onto now season 3, still in the transfer window only

Out:

Vidic (Roma 24m)

Carrick (Napoli 20m)

In:

Riquelme (Boca 12m) - has really high technical and mental stats, low pace/acc, but I wanted to give him a try and see how it goes, even though he is 32...I just couldn't go past the 16+ stats for so many!

Azpiliceuta (Osasuna 17m) - RB has been a problem a little, just that no one I have is an outstanding person for the spot, I played Rafael, David Santon and Jonny Evans through there so far with no real problems, but I thought I would see if I can do even better with a proper RB.

Other stuff I've done:

At the start, hired Italo Galbiati for AssMan, demoted Phelan back to coach...mostly for Galbiati's 20 tactical knowledge so I can go on holiday for a month or so if I find the game boring me a little. But he retires at start of third, so I stole AC Milan AssMan Tassoti. Thought about promoting someone from within, but no one with high tactical knowledge.

Van der Sar left on mutual termination in second season around March, he wasn't getting any first team action at all with both Akinfeev and Asenjo ahead of him

Giggs played a lot in first season, second season hardly any and is now a coach for me

Neville played lot in first season, second season shifted him, Giggs and VDS to reserves and now he is a coach also

Scholes is a machine, still rotating him through the matches, played 23 matches second season...hopefully he'll retire this season so I don't have to let him go :(

Bought both Akinfeev and Asenjo because they are both quality...Asenjo slightly better at shot-stopping, but Akinfeev has really high mental stats also plus better handling. I've been playing 60/40 Akinfeev/Asenjo so both are increasing their stats with game time. Very happy with both - although I think Asenjo seems better because when I ask AssMan to pick the team for me before the match he goes with Asenjo.

Definitely the best buy has been Laurito, I'll see if I can post a pic of his stats - but the AssMan said to me 3 times in the second season that his development is really good and I should see he gets more first team action. I found him before and liked him because he had 18 determination and 18 penalty stat and wanted to make him a project player and see how good he becomes.

Santon is a bit of a mystery, can't find a proper position between RB and right wing, game says his best position is right winger, but he's natural in both of them.

Saivet is also really slowly progressing, but true I haven't played him as ST much at all, mostly using him on wings so that might be the problem.

Also about the strikers - I've kept Tevez and sold Berba. The latter was ok, but I just prefer Tevez more and without Berba he's gone really well. First season, scored 24 goals in 50 matches total, 11 assists, 7 MoM and 7.16 avg. Led the EPL with 19 goals at the seasons end. Second season, less prolific as I played Laurito more, scored 18 goals in 43 matches, 11 assists, 8 MoM, 7.07 avg. I just set Tevez to the default 'striker' settings and it seems to work. FYI, Berba in the first season before I sold him was: 48 matches, 23 goals, 8 assists, 3 MoM, 7.13 avg. So not much difference from Tevez, but I just like him more IRL than Berba, will be really sad if/when he leaves OT :(

3rd season anyway, squad is getting a bit big, so I'm going to get rid of Welbeck - has been useless so far, Hargreaves - so I can develop Possebon some more even though Owen has done alright, Tosic - again so I can develop Rossi a bit more, but he's been great also.

Current formation is:

------ST----ST------

AML-------------AMR

---(A)MC--MC/DMC--

DL---DC-----DC---DR

---------GK---------

Basically have a farrow for first MC (usually Anderson/Scholes, now Riquelme), the second is a regular MC or DMC for Hargreaves if required

Current squad:

GK: Akinfeev/Asenjo

DL: Evra/Fabio/sometimes Sakho if really needed

DR: Rafael/Santon/Azpiliceuta/Evans sometimes

DC: Ferdinand/Sakho/Evans/Cathcart just brought him into first team this season to see how he develops

MC: Anderson/Scholes/Riquelme/Possebon/Hargreaves/Petrucci again brought him to top this season

AML: Nani/Tosic/Rossi/Saivet

AMR: Ronaldo/Tosic/Saivet/Ljajic brought him into first team this season

ST: Tevez/Rooney/Laurito/Saivet

So, any thoughts? I have had a few close shaves with some matches, hasn't been easy games...but lots of luck too, like against Barca - was really mad at the 8th minute added time goal in second half heh heh!

Edit: Some links...

Laurito: http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/meszudo/Laurito.jpg

Laurito2: http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/meszudo/Laurito.jpg

Laurito3: http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/meszudo/Laurito.jpg

Akinfeev: http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/meszudo/Akinfeev.jpg

Asenjo: http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/meszudo/Asenjo.jpg

Dammit, just lost the CL Final in the first season on penalties to Real Madrid after a 1-1 draw. Absolutely battered them with Ronaldo missing a penalty to win it in the 88th minute. Hope its not an omen for Rome.

Dammit, just lost the CL Final in the first season on penalties to Real Madrid after a 1-1 draw. Absolutely battered them with Ronaldo missing a penalty to win it in the 88th minute. Hope its not an omen for Rome.

dont say that , now you got me worried lol

So then it will only be 4-2 :p

Anyways I started a new one. Sold Fletcher, Kuzsazch (sp?), Tevez, Evra (Real offered me 29 million, they offered 40 million for Vidic but I'm not ever going to let him go), and Wes Brown. I brought in Bolzoni, Balotelli, Santon, Fleck, and Srna (it was mid August and Man City hadn't tried to go after him, I was so happy!), Asenjo, and Sakho. This is what my squad usually looks like, oh yeah and I have VDs tutoring Asenjo, and Ferdinand tutoring Sakho

-------------------------Asenjo-------------------------

Santon----------Vidic/Sakho----------Ferdinand/Sakho-------Srna

---------------------------Bolzoni/Hargreaves----------------------------

-----------------------------Carrick/Anderson/Hargreaves----------------

Ronaldo/Tosic-----------------------------------------------Nani/Tosic

------------------------Rooney/Balotelli/Fleck---------Berbatov/Balotelli/Fleck

I usually play Rooney with Berbatov. I beat Chelski 2-1, I was really happy. I'm undefeated, but I've only played 5 games. Ronaldo wanted to be transferred after I sold Brown, but I rejected it and npw hes happy; now that we are winning.

Just abit into my second season with United on the new database.

GK: Akinfeev/VDS

RB: Glen Johnson/Rafael

LB: Evra/Burdisso

CB: Rio/Evans

CB: Vidic/Francois (regen)

AMR: Ronaldo/A Young

AML: Ribery/Rooney

MC: Anderson/Fletcher

MC: Carrick/Diego

ST: Tevez/Marquinhos

ST: Rooney/Berbatov

Into my 2nd season having won the treble the previous year, won't bore you with too much info. :)

I'll give you a pic of my transfers in since the start so you know who i have and don't have.

Season 2008/09 (Carrick and Berbatov weren't sold til January)

05112009191243.th.jpg

Season 2009/10

05112009191420.th.jpg

Didn't manage to get rid off Nani (starting to complain) and Love with all their deals falling through. Got rid off Tevez on the last day, so didn't get time to sign a few more players i wanted.

Currently have £65m left and have my eye on Vargas and Azpilicueta.

Here is my squad playing a 4-3-2-1 playing Rooney has an attacking MC (with which he is struggling with) and Ronaldo upfront.

Squad:

05112009192006.th.jpg

Definitely a good squad adonis but you've made a profit of around £120 million on those transfers and have only a £65 million transfer kitty? Think the board have screwed you a bit there. I made only very small transfers in the first season and still got a budget of £60m to work with at the start of the second season.

The stadium is getting expanded so maybe some of the money has gone there. But I am expecting to get around £70-£80m for Nani and Love. If I work at it, so that will give me £100m+ for Jan.

The deal with Carrick was £10m upfront and £40m after 1 international which came 3 weeks after he signed. ;)

Rooney has been ok...he just tends to shoot over the bar all the time which is why I moved him away from playing striker. He did manage 35 goals last season upfront but he only seemed to perform if my teamtalk got an immediate effect from him. I'll see how it goes but I only have Rafael and Fabio has fullback cover which is why I wanted to go for the names mentioned aboved.

Also Wiltshire, Ramsey and Delfounso have been recommened to me.

How About this for Rome.

rome1w.th.jpg

Won League 89 points on Chelsea 78 and from picture beat Barcalona 4-3 in Champions League Final HaHa.

Just about to start second season need some tips on transfers.

GK: Van Der Sar/ Foster/ Kuszczak - I am thinking of selling Kuszczak and having Foster as Stand in so may'be a new young Keeper.

RB: Brown/ Neville/Rafeal/ O'shea - I think that I have good cover at RB but with Neville ageing not so sure and I use O'shea eveywhere.

LB: Evra/ O'shea/ Fabio - Here is my main concern like I said I use O'shea eveywhere so that only leaves me with two LBs.

CB: Ferdinand/ Evans/ O'shea - Slightly concerned here but I don't want pay over the odds for a CB that may only play a few games

CB Vidc/ Evans/ O'shea - so maybe promote someone from within.

MC: Fletcher/ Anderson/ Scholes/ Giggs - I don't think I have any problems here I alternate the four with Fletcher and Anderson my main two.

DMC: Carrick/ Hargreaves - Again not to concerened here I usually play Hargreaves every 1 in 3 and cup games as backup really.

MC: Anderson/ Fletcher/ Scholes/ Giggs - I don't think I have any problems here I alternate the four with Scholes and Giggs used a bit like

Hargreaves.

AMR: Ronaldo/ Nani/ Park/ Rooney - This is were my team is outstanding with Ronaldo owning the RW and I have plenty of cover if needed.

AML: Park/ Nani/ Rooney/ Ronaldo/ (Giggs and Tevez at a push) - Again enough cover if needed but Park hasn't been out of my team since he got in has anyone else found him to be absoult quality.

ST: Rooney/ Tevez/ Berbatov/ Ronaldo - Amazing strike force on paper but with my current formation only room for one and Tevez is possibly the most prolific of the 3. Berbatov has bin poor mostly to inconsistent for me.

Top Goalscorer: Ronaldo 24/ Tevez 22/ Rooney 17/ Berbatov 15

Another thing I'm looking to do is perhaps change my formation or have an alternative. I don't want to download one but Some help creating a 442 or something like that, as my main formation is a 451/ 433. I have no problems in getting the goals just that i concede alot which annoys me. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Sell berbatov, doesnt make a good lone striker in my opinion, you could also maybe buy in a good lone front man, the name that comes to mind is Oscar Cardozo, but i never actually bought him in my game, and ive forgotten how much he costs too. Or benzema played awesome for me the season i used one stiker.

How many seasons till united go into debt? and who would you sell from the start of season 1, and for how much.

They are already in debt but as long as you keep them winning trophies they will be fine. You dont need to sell anyone really as it will not reduce the debt. At the end of the first season you should get a message saying that the board have begun the planned expasion of the stadium. Upping the capacity by 16000 to 92212.

Archived