FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tosic looks quite useful, Mata looks class as usual. Not to sure about Ljajic yet. Thanks for the screenshots, I’d still say get Mata he can cover a few positions so it’s always useful.

You yourself have said you need no other players, so it seems like a good In to me. :thup:

Think you should go for Mata and dump Nani for possible 30M+

As you said, he isn't as consistent (for me) compared to Mata. Also, Tosic has been awesome in my game (assists a whole bunch from corners and crosses) - I play him on the right with Mata/Giggsy on the left (I play Ronaldo as striker along with Rooney/Tevez)

I'm in Summer 2011. Been reasonably successful, nothing to eye-catching though.

Been handed a budget of £65m and way below wage budget.

1st XI

Akinfeev

Brown Rio Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Anderson Ramsey Nani

Rooney Tevez

2nd XI

Fiorillo

Rafeal Evans O'Shea Fabio

Ljajic Carrick Bostock Tosic

Welbeck Campbell

Nani and Tosic have been great for me on that left side.

Just picked up Akinfeev for £3.8m

Brought in some promising youngsters aswell that I'm trying to develop like Potts, Wilshere, Rodney Sneijder, Hazard, Fausto Rossi, Alcibiade and Poli. Still got Petrucci and he looks reasonably promising. Macheda has turned out rubbish though.

I decided to mainly look toward younger players and not to throw to much money around. I think I need a better goalscorer really, I've looked at Kerrison and Rossi but think a striker would fit better than a forward. Wondering if Welbeck will ever push Rooney or Tevez for a starting spot.

My defence is also getting a bit old.

hi,

im in my second season with man utd and im 4 games into the season.

I've got a few days left of the transfer market and ive had a bid of 12.75m accepted for victor valdes and a 9m bid accepted for ochoa.

I havent let a goal in yet in the 4 games with foster in goal but i dont know weather to stick with foster, kusczcak, VDS and Heaton, buy one of them two or buy someone else, help or suggestions please !

cheers.

go with ochoa, since VDS should retire this season, kusczak isnt good enough, so sell him, then at the end of the season you should have

foster, ochoa and heaton to rotate, personally i recommend ochoa at number one but you may have other preferences

Give VDS and ochoa half the EPL games each, and play foster in the FA and league cups, and whoever you choose in the champs league. THis season anyway, next season go with ochoa number 1 for most of the games, with foster playing in the easy ones

My injury spell seems to be nearly over i had to play Berbatov and Campbell up front i was impressed with Campbell who got 6 goals in 13 games and i was swaping Sakho and Evans at defence with Vidic being a main stay while Ferdinand was injured.

Just completed my 2nd season winning the FA Cup, Carling Cup, English Prem and Champions league. I heavily rotated this season with all my players getting nearly 20 games each. Tevez again was my top goal scorer getting 30 goals in all comps

Ok im in my 2010/2011 season and im in need of some advice Van Der Sar, Giggs and Neville are all retireing at the end of this season. What i would like to know is can any one suggest a young replacement for Giggs and Neville as my midfield will be a litttle short along with with my defence

Here are my current players:

GK

Igor Akinfeen

Ben Foster

DR

Rafael

Wes Brown

John O'Shea

DL

Patrice Evra

John O'Shea

Fabio

DC

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Johnny Evans

Mamadou Sakho

MR

Crisitanio Ronaldo

Park Ji-Sung

ML

Nani

Zoran Tosic

MC

Owen Hargreaves

Michael Carrick

Darren Fletcher

Anderson

ST

Wayne Rooney

Carlos Tevez

Dimitar Berbatov

John Fleck

Henri Saivet

Danny Welbeck

ive started new save with united im currently top by 2 points

ive sold

hargreaves

berbatov

carrick

ive brought

vagner love (been amazing so far 13 appearences and 12 goals and rooney is doing fantastic with him upfront)

miguel veloso ( also been good)

and ive agreed a fee of 8.25million (buy out clause) for asenjo to come next season when i plan on selling one my other keepers

ive kepted both oshea and park ji sung for there versatility just in case of big injury list scare

im hoping rooney and vagner and keep this fantastic partnership going all season and tevez plays well with vagner aswell for me and i have already got wins in against liverpool and chelsea

having trouble selling fletcher he keeps rejecting contract offers from villa and man city always stating the length and wage amount is unacceptable he is already listed and marked as not wanted

and im yet to be able to play evra who is still out injured for another month that happend in a friendly at start of season

and they are both english...

@jamie, give santon a look, he was solid for me before i found a wonderkid regen who is almost world class now, plus santon is quite versatile

in my game, liverpool are still in admin! im topping the league but its been very hard work this year and ronaldo broke his leg (thigh), so hes out for several months, luckily i have some pretty good backup, but noone compares to what he can do

veloso comes to mind jamie, scores freekicks and liong shots for fun with me, or clement grenier, turned out quite nice in my game, until negrello(regen) came along and stole his limelight.

oh and i got bordeaux in the CL, should be able to take them, im on quite good form at the moment, although strikers are struggling slightly, but ill get through, also can u tell me what u think of this regen, i know his pace and stuff is quite low, but he will probably be playing with a quickish partner

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1803/martynmcneil.png

My squad at the start of the 2010/2011 season

GK

Adler

Kuszczak

Van Der Sar

DC

Ferdinand

Vidic

Evans

Atkins (regen)

DR

Rafael

Brown

Neville

DL

Evra

Fabio

Pocognoli

MC

Anderson

Hargreaves

Sandro

Possebon

ML

Nani

Tosic

Giggs

MR

Ronaldo

Park

ST

Rooney

Tevez

Pogrebnyak

Campbell

I just sold Carrick, Berbatov and O'Shea. I've got around €70 million to spend...anyone got a suggestion? I think an extra midfielder and defender are necessary. I'm trying to sign Federico Laurito, seems like a gem.

Well guys, I have just started the 3rd season on my United save and here is my start so far:

Transfers

In

Bosko Jankovic - Palermo - £14.5m

Davide Santon - Inter Milan - £12m

Out

Darren Fletcher - Udinese - £12m

John O'Shea - Sunderland - £7.5m

Park Ji-Sung - Newcastle - Free

Paolo Comi - Leicester - Season Loan

Fabio - Derby - Season Loan

Gai Assulin - Cardiff - Season Loan

Danny Welbeck - Sheff Utd - Season Loan

John Fleck - Leeds - Season Loan

Darren Gibson - Crystal Palace - Season Loan (option of £5m permanent transfer)

Squad Progress

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3899/manchesterunitedseptemb.jpg

Competition Progress So Far

They have only been 2 league games in the opening month of the new season but the players have claimed maximum points from both with 4-2 and 5-0 victories over Blackburn and newly promoted Ipswich. Needless to say, this has placed my side top and the usual suspects Chelsea, Liverpool and defending champions Arsenal occupy the top 4. At the other end so far, the three promoted sides find themselves already up against it as none of the 3 sides have picked up a single point.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7430/englishpremierdivisions.jpg

The group stages of the Champions League have handed my holders a reasonable group as they will face Villarreal, Celtic and FC Kobenhavn. My players will be going for their 4th Champions League in a row this season.

As for the domestic cup competitions, the League Cup 3rd draw is days away while the FA Cup of course does not commence until the New Year.

Also, in a couple of days, my side will attempt to successfully defend the European Super Cup as they take on UEFA Cup holders Arsenal in Monaco.

So what do you think of my new squad for the new season guys? Is Jankovic a good enough back-up to Ronaldo and just how good does Santon get? Is he good enough to be 1st choice right-back straight away or is it still Neville's position? And finally, I know I should have got more Fletcher but it was not possible and what about the price for O'Shea?

Any feedback and suggestions much appreciated.

Nearing the end of the 3rd season and it's squeaky bum time indeed. I'm currently top of the table on goal difference with 2 games left to play. Chelsea have a game in hand though, so they need to lose another game!!

It's so frustrating because I've been exceptional at home - 16 wins and 2 losses, but away from home I'm terrible. I've lost to some really poor teams as well - including having a 3-1 lead at Stoke with 10 minutes left to play, what do you know after 90+6 minute they win 4-3. :rolleyes:

I need a top class goalkeeper, though for next season as Foster isn't developing properly. I'm undecided between Hugo Lloris, Rene Adler, and Igor Akinfeev, anyone have a preference?

Well guys, I have just started the 3rd season on my United save and here is my start so far:

Transfers

In

Bosko Jankovic - Palermo - £14.5m

Davide Santon - Inter Milan - £12m

Out

Darren Fletcher - Udinese - £12m

John O'Shea - Sunderland - £7.5m

Park Ji-Sung - Newcastle - Free

Paolo Comi - Leicester - Season Loan

Fabio - Derby - Season Loan

Gai Assulin - Cardiff - Season Loan

Danny Welbeck - Sheff Utd - Season Loan

John Fleck - Leeds - Season Loan

Darren Gibson - Crystal Palace - Season Loan (option of £5m permanent transfer)

Squad Progress

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3899/manchesterunitedseptemb.jpg

Competition Progress So Far

They have only been 2 league games in the opening month of the new season but the players have claimed maximum points from both with 4-2 and 5-0 victories over Blackburn and newly promoted Ipswich. Needless to say, this has placed my side top and the usual suspects Chelsea, Liverpool and defending champions Arsenal occupy the top 4. At the other end so far, the three promoted sides find themselves already up against it as none of the 3 sides have picked up a single point.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7430/englishpremierdivisions.jpg

The group stages of the Champions League have handed my holders a reasonable group as they will face Villarreal, Celtic and FC Kobenhavn. My players will be going for their 4th Champions League in a row this season.

As for the domestic cup competitions, the League Cup 3rd draw is days away while the FA Cup of course does not commence until the New Year.

Also, in a couple of days, my side will attempt to successfully defend the European Super Cup as they take on UEFA Cup holders Arsenal in Monaco.

So what do you think of my new squad for the new season guys? Is Jankovic a good enough back-up to Ronaldo and just how good does Santon get? Is he good enough to be 1st choice right-back straight away or is it still Neville's position? And finally, I know I should have got more Fletcher but it was not possible and what about the price for O'Shea?

Any feedback and suggestions much appreciated.

Santon can definitely be used as a first teamer now; Jankovic will be fine as a back up. Think you should improve your long term options at CB for example Chiellini or Sakho would be a good option.

Start of 4th season

should I buy Marouanne Fellani for 30 million US$?

That is too much for Fellani. :(

Nearing the end of the 3rd season and it's squeaky bum time indeed. I'm currently top of the table on goal difference with 2 games left to play. Chelsea have a game in hand though, so they need to lose another game!!

It's so frustrating because I've been exceptional at home - 16 wins and 2 losses, but away from home I'm terrible. I've lost to some really poor teams as well - including having a 3-1 lead at Stoke with 10 minutes left to play, what do you know after 90+6 minute they win 4-3. :rolleyes:

I need a top class goalkeeper, though for next season as Foster isn't developing properly. I'm undecided between Hugo Lloris, Rene Adler, and Igor Akinfeev, anyone have a preference?

Hugo Lloris is quality but I doubt you can tempt him away and it will be for a huge amount, how much can you spend?

In preference for me it would go;

- Lloris.

- Akinfeev.

- Adler.

Have you looked at Mandanda?

Thanks for the feedback HoPeY, yeah I have looked my centre-backs for a while now.

I did actually go for Sakho in the summer but Chelsea sneaked him off me at the last minute. I could go for Chiellini, how much would he cost me? I do have around £40m to strengthen my squad now.

Hey, just started a new save, Been doing alot of strengthening, removing dead wood etc, My main aim is to bring in a few very experiencedplayers, and mix them with Youngsters who can be tutored.

I think ive done very well in the Transfer Market, first of all lowering the wage bill to below £1million (difference was around 600k) and raising £80m to spend on transfers before i bought anyone.

This is my squad so far.

squadz.th.jpg

And these are my transfers

transfers.th.jpg

I have given Man City the option to buy Berbatov for £25m

I still have £16m left over and im selling Hargreaves for around £10m to raise funds to strengthen my defence, is there anyone you suggest i buy?

Thanks

Arggghh!! For the 2nd season running we have a good season and post a decent points tally only for Chelsea to hit almost 100 points.

league.jpg

They're just ridiculously consistent, with even a 33 year old Ballack getting close to 20 goals in total. Thankfully we stuffed them 4-1 in the FA Cup semi. Ronaldo was amazing all season, winning Footballer of the Year and coming runner up in the golden boot. He confirmed his titles by scoring 1 and having 3 assisits in a 4-1 win over Villa in the Cup final.

Decent season all round despite a disappointing exit in the semis of the Champions League. I'm trying to introduce lots of talented youngsters with Rafael, Fabio, Possebon, Shelvey, Baxter, Rodwell, Welbeck, Cathcart, Ticinovic, Fleck & Ljajic (great goal on his debut) all getting Premier League experience. Rafael has been particularly impressive and was inexplicably robbed of the young player of the year award despite playing more games and having a better average rating than the top 3 of Vela, Walcott and Richards.

first season is over and i did ok i guess though would of liked to of done better in europe

finished 1st in premiership

lost in final of league cup vs arsenal

won fa cup

lost in quarter final of european champions cup vs real madrid

nani and anderson have been superb this season nani finishing season with 26 assists and 5 goals (value now is £16.5 million)

anderson finished with 6 goals and 18 assists (value now at £19.75 million )

tevez got 22 goals in 29(11) appearences and 11 assists and now worth £30 million

rooney 33 goals in 40 appearences and 12 assists value now £32 million

vagner love (brought for £14 million) 25 goals 13 assists in 40 appearences now worth £17.5 million

in january i did buy zapata for £14 million and giovani santos for £13 million

Arggghh!! For the 2nd season running we have a good season and post a decent points tally only for Chelsea to hit almost 100 points.

league.jpg

They're just ridiculously consistent, with even a 33 year old Ballack getting close to 20 goals in total. Thankfully we stuffed them 4-1 in the FA Cup semi. Ronaldo was amazing all season, winning Footballer of the Year and coming runner up in the golden boot. He confirmed his titles by scoring 1 and having 3 assisits in a 4-1 win over Villa in the Cup final.

Decent season all round despite a disappointing exit in the semis of the Champions League. I'm trying to introduce lots of talented youngsters with Rafael, Fabio, Possebon, Shelvey, Baxter, Rodwell, Welbeck, Cathcart, Ticinovic, Fleck & Ljajic (great goal on his debut) all getting Premier League experience. Rafael has been particularly impressive and was inexplicably robbed of the young player of the year award despite playing more games and having a better average rating than the top 3 of Vela, Walcott and Richards.

Thats The Special One for you :thup:

I know this has probably been done to death, but how on earth do you set up your strikers? The only way they (Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov) seem to get good ratings is if they score, while if they don't they usually get around a six. So any ideas on what player intructions to give them?

I know this has probably been done to death, but how on earth do you set up your strikers? The only way they (Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov) seem to get good ratings is if they score, while if they don't they usually get around a six. So any ideas on what player intructions to give them?

What have you got them set up like at the moment?

Not just me then I've played 2 seasons and no premier league title, beaten by bl**dy man city both times and by goal difference in 2nd year. I won both carling cups and lost in 2 CL semis to arsenal and barca. Into January in 3rd year and I'm 3 pts clear of arsenal and face milan in CL ko stage, However I wont win a 3rd league cup.

Main signing this year has been aguero but he got injured for 4 months only after 4 games!

What have you got them set up like at the moment?

Striker "A" (One who drops deep):

Mentality: 14 notches

Creative freedom: 16 notches

Passing style: Team (2nd notch of direct)

Closing Down: Team (1st notch of often)

Tackling: Normal

Foward Runs: Mixed

Run with ball: Often

Long shots: Mixed

Through balls: Often

Cross ball: Rarely

Free Role is ticked

Striker "B" (Lead the line):

Mentality: 19

Creative freedom: 13

Passing style: Mixed

Closing down: Team (First notch of often)

Tackling: Normal

Foward Runs: Often

Run with ball: Mixed

Long Shots: Rarely

Through balls: Mixed

Cross ball: Rarely

I also have them swapping positions.

So any suggestions as to how I can change them?

Archived