FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I desperately need a good tactic away from home. I ended up finishing 3rd in my 3rd season 5 points behind City and Chelsea. City won the League on goal difference. I then lost the FA Cup final 4-2 after extra time to Arsenal - thanks to me going down to 10 men due to injury (the injury happened to be a 4 month fractured pelvis to Jonny Evans :()

If anyone can give me a solid 4-4-2 tactic they've had success with for Manchester United, it would be much appreciated :thup:

hey guys, my current wingers are Nani, Ronaldo, Giggs(losing his talent), Tosic and Ljajic. I am wondering whether i should buy Juan Manuel Mata from Valencia for £20million. My transfer budget is £65million and I have no major signings I am looking to make. I have enough wage budget aswell. Wonder you guys opinions on him. Im on patch 9.3 and start of third season.

I signed Alexis Sanchez from Udinese for 5m he was a squad player initially but by has made a starting place his own:thup: using ronnie as lone striker

I sold Nani/Tevez/Kuzsak for 39m combined to get the cash in............so with the transfer budget given total was 49m ;)

Got Benaglio GK 6M/ Sakho D 5m down plus 10m over 2 years/Buonanotte LM 4.5M/Riquelme 7m/Stancu S 2.5m/ Delph M 1.5m/

Of the ins Riquelme is doing superb has got 18 goals mostly free kicks/pens using him as AM centre ...in 4-2-3-1- formation...........Sakho is pushing for a place and Buonanotte looks a prospect!

Mata is a great young player wanted him but havent got the money but got Hernanes from Sao Paulo for 14m He is joining in 2010 though

I desperately need a good tactic away from home. I ended up finishing 3rd in my 3rd season 5 points behind City and Chelsea. City won the League on goal difference. I then lost the FA Cup final 4-2 after extra time to Arsenal - thanks to me going down to 10 men due to injury (the injury happened to be a 4 month fractured pelvis to Jonny Evans :()

If anyone can give me a solid 4-4-2 tactic they've had success with for Manchester United, it would be much appreciated :thup:

I play 4-2-3-1

Vds

Rafael/Sakho

Rio

Vidic

Evra

Hargreaves/Carrick

Anderson

Sanchez

Riquelme

Rooney/Tosic/Buonanotte/Park

Ronnie/Berba(going to sell him soon cant get much out of him:p)

does very well its xmas and unbeaten in league................I gave the 3 AMs a free role but ask them to work hard as well also tackle HARD as a team and play a high defensive line direct passing and counter attack..give it a try:D

I play 4-2-3-1

Vds

Rafael/Sakho

Rio

Vidic

Evra

Hargreaves/Carrick

Anderson

Sanchez

Riquelme

Rooney/Tosic/Buonanotte/Park

Ronnie/Berba(going to sell him soon cant get much out of him:p)

does very well its xmas and unbeaten in league................I gave the 3 AMs a free role but ask them to work hard as well also tackle HARD as a team and play a high defensive line direct passing and counter attack..give it a try:D

Thanks mate looks good :thup:

But I really prefer a 4-4-2 system for the players I've got. Rooney playing as a more creative support striker with a strike partner has gotten incredible results (probably the only good part of my current tactics).

He had 43 goals in 47 games last year

I also sold Ronaldo to Madrid and Anderson to Juventus a while ago. They both wanted to leave and the offers were very good :(

just got through transfer window period for 2nd season

out

park ji sung £7million

zoran tosic £20 million

johnny evans £11 million

frazier campbell £4 million

i also sold quite few reserve players that came to a total of around £15 million

in

marquinhos from palmeiras £15 million

asenjo from valladolid £8.25 million

zuculini franco from racing club £7 million

leo from gremio £15 million

matthias kalscheuer (15 year old CD regen from germany) £3.5 million (scouts saying potential to be as good as rio ferdinand)

offers i rejected

cristiano ronaldo £75 million from r.madrid (was tempted to accept such a high amount of money)

rafael £4.5 million tottenham

offers that got rejected

lionel messi £45 million

david silva £40 million

other news

arsenal lost in european champions cup third qualifying phase vs fc girondis de bordeaux

Striker "A" (One who drops deep):

Mentality: 14 notches

Creative freedom: 16 notches

Passing style: Team (2nd notch of direct)

Closing Down: Team (1st notch of often)

Tackling: Normal

Foward Runs: Mixed

Run with ball: Often

Long shots: Mixed

Through balls: Often

Cross ball: Rarely

Free Role is ticked

If he's the guy that drops deep you need a lower mentality than that, have it closer to your CB mentality perhaps one notch more than what your CB has. You want forward runs on rarely, you could lower his CF but you don't have to. Free role, well that’s your choice if it works keep it. Can use HUB but it depends on the type of player you use here.

Striker "B" (Lead the line):

Mentality: 19

Creative freedom: 13

Passing style: Mixed

Closing down: Team (First notch of often)

Tackling: Normal

Foward Runs: Often

Run with ball: Mixed

Long Shots: Rarely

Through balls: Mixed

Cross ball: Rarely

I also have them swapping positions.

So any suggestions as to how I can change them?

I prefer RWB on often, but otherwise that looks fine I wouldn't have them swapping positions personally.

Just realised how many injuries i had there, i had to play my young protege at right back when not fully fit which annoyed me slightly, and then went on to lose rooney after 1 minute and torres in the second half, still won 3-1 but :)

injuriesn.th.png

All of them are regular first team starters, but i have the depth to cover, its actually quite nice as i probably would have had people angry at the lack of first team football but now i can play them all.

If he's the guy that drops deep you need a lower mentality than that, have it closer to your CB mentality perhaps one notch more than what your CB has. You want forward runs on rarely, you could lower his CF but you don't have to. Free role, well that’s your choice if it works keep it. Can use HUB but it depends on the type of player you use here.

I prefer RWB on often, but otherwise that looks fine I wouldn't have them swapping positions personally.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.

: ]

Liverpool still in administration...and now in the relegation zone, with 7 games left to play, they have really struggled this season, they have a tiny squad with very little quality. What i found odd was they let people go for free just to get rid of wages, for example. Reina >> Man City for FREE. Best bit of business from them ive seenn in the game,

on my side though, im 8 points clear with 7 games left, only arsenal are a threat obviously :p but i beat them after having ten men for 84 minutes at old trafford, i think my regen punched fabregay, wolves are 5th and have a chance of champions league football! i have struggled against them this season, and they almost put me out of the FA cup 6th round. I needed penaltys to win. Im on for all trophies available for the first time in ages, possibly second season was the last time.

Liverpool still in administration...and now in the relegation zone, with 7 games left to play, they have really struggled this season, they have a tiny squad with very little quality. What i found odd was they let people go for free just to get rid of wages, for example. Reina >> Man City for FREE. Best bit of business from them ive seenn in the game,

on my side though, im 8 points clear with 7 games left, only arsenal are a threat obviously :p but i beat them after having ten men for 84 minutes at old trafford, i think my regen punched fabregay, wolves are 5th and have a chance of champions league football! i have struggled against them this season, and they almost put me out of the FA cup 6th round. I needed penaltys to win. Im on for all trophies available for the first time in ages, possibly second season was the last time.

Happened in my game too! I'm only in the third season as well. Was shocked when I got that news bit. Well, it's not totally surprising considering they've missed out on the Champions League a year and Rafa has yet to win anything for them. Mind you, I'm not doing too much better with United! But David Gill gave me a cash injection so all is well :D

Thanks mate looks good :thup:

But I really prefer a 4-4-2 system for the players I've got. Rooney playing as a more creative support striker with a strike partner has gotten incredible results (probably the only good part of my current tactics).

He had 43 goals in 47 games last year

I also sold Ronaldo to Madrid and Anderson to Juventus a while ago. They both wanted to leave and the offers were very good :(

I know what you are saying about 4-4-2:thup:

I was always the same but tried 4-2-3-1......with it you get 3 plus players arriving late in the box and is a nightmare for the opposition defence to pick players up;)

Also works better in European games ............played Porto in last group game had qualified so gave the kids a run out still got a win

2 games to go, liverpool need to win both to stay up, and need sunderland to lose both, and score at least 12 goals total

i won the league again :) lost out to juve in the champions league quarters though, ah well it happens

i didnt have anyone on the top scorers list or even close, i think ive had 15 different scorers this season and long droughts for every striker

liverpool relegated, solbakken sacked, brown appointed, consortium takeover, not bankrupt anymore, pretty much everyone being sold, except about 5 people

2 games to go, liverpool need to win both to stay up, and need sunderland to lose both, and score at least 12 goals total

i won the league again :) lost out to juve in the champions league quarters though, ah well it happens

i didnt have anyone on the top scorers list or even close, i think ive had 15 different scorers this season and long droughts for every striker

liverpool relegated, solbakken sacked, brown appointed, consortium takeover, not bankrupt anymore, pretty much everyone being sold, except about 5 people

Wish that would happend on my save, sofar liverpool have had a few years in the uefa cup but this season clinched fourth spot ahead of fulham and chelsea(whom suddenly went from title challengers to midtable) Most of liverpools star players are getting old now though and their finances seem abit tight so I have my hopes up for a collapse when gerrard and co retires hes 34 right now

Wish that would happend on my save, sofar liverpool have had a few years in the uefa cup but this season clinched fourth spot ahead of fulham and chelsea(whom suddenly went from title challengers to midtable) Most of liverpools star players are getting old now though and their finances seem abit tight so I have my hopes up for a collapse when gerrard and co retires hes 34 right now

well he is still playing at 38 in my game, but is retiring this month heres a screenshot of him

gerrardu.th.png

and heres how my league turned out

league.th.png

i didnt beat Wolves this year i dont think, they were awesome against me

Funny thing about my save is, I still have a 41 year old Giggs and 40 year old Scholes and Neville on my books, ive kept them around in hope of them being coaches for me when they retire but for some reason they just wont retire

Just sold Berba Jan transfer window for 31m plus extra 5m in clauses(games/goals).........but to City didnt want to but they have the cash!!!

Might get slated for who I brought in....................... R.V.N. for 8m he will be back up to Ronnie who I use as main striker in 4-2-3-1- system he has 20 goals from there and its only mid Jan!!!

Riquelme is the star man though running the show from the A.M. role ..............he has chipped in with 18 goals in 20 games some fantastic free kicks in those..............he was a bargain at 7m

Hey at the transfer window before second season. I got 20 million left to spend on transfers. Any suggestions? thought of a Right Back and a GK...

manutd2009.th.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

well ...transfer period over! :) Last friendlt game of the pre-season against Roma .

Transfer In : Matias Fernandez, Sakho ( both PSG ), Aguero (Att Mad), Akinfeev - Total : A LOT :)

Out : C Evans , Campbell, Eckeersley - 12mEuros.

I don't who to play though as CB : I have Vidic,Ferdinand,Sakho - all top class and ST : Aguero, Rooney, Tevez.

1st team: Akinfeev, Brown, Ferdinand, Sakho, Evra, Ronaldo, Carick, Anderson, Fernandez, Rooney, Aguero ( 4-4-2).

Reserves: Polish gk, O'Shea, Vidic, Fabio, Fletcher, Hargreaves, Tevez, Tosic, Ljalic, Welbeck

aguero is my best signing ever the amount of goals n matches he wins for me is amazin

this is my team for Manchester United, in my fourth season:

GK:Oscar Ustari

RB:Azpilicueta

LB:Evra

CB:Sakho

CB:Vidic

DM:Veloso

CM:Essien

CM:Iniesta

AML:C Ronaldo

AMR:L Messi

ST:Benzema

Subs:Asenjo, Beevers, Rafael, Kaka, Anderson, Buonanotte, Rooney

and in other: Ferdinand, Fabio, Carrick, Balotelli

this is my team for Manchester United, in my fourth season:

GK:Oscar Ustari

RB:Azpilicueta

LB:Evra

CB:Sakho

CB:Vidic

DM:Veloso

CM:Essien

CM:Iniesta

AML:C Ronaldo

AMR:L Messi

ST:Benzema

Subs:Asenjo, Beevers, Rafael, Kaka, Anderson, Buonanotte, Rooney

and in other: Ferdinand, Fabio, Carrick, Balotelli

How much did you pay for Essien?

Well, a keeper is probably first choice, the rest is nit picking.

If your playing that formation then strengthen your midfield, maybe with a midfield 'destroyer' with the DM on FWR then look at Veloso.

Santon would be good rightback/right wing cover

could go after a a winger who can also play up top to add another huge goal threat and Nani and Tosic, as much as I rate them, aren't major threats. Mata, Balotelli, Marquinhos(get him for cover anyway... he's class) Maybe retrain Rooney to AML.

In which case you could strengthen with an ST. Ideally Torres but he plays for Liverpool... nvm then. But Benezma fits the bill perfectly aswell, tell him to learn placed shots.

Maybe a Centreback.

Well, it's 2009, he isn't fully developed, he'd be good backup but you already have that. On my last United game i waited until Akinfeev had 6moths left on his contract and snapped him up for £3m. Ocoha is a good bet though. Can get him for about £8m.

after having a very good man city game i have decided to give the red half of manchester a go, i notice that man utd start with a very healthy balance of 77M (well at least on mine)

but with the huge loan i expect money is reduced from there fairly quickly? also do they play better with a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 (ala Barcelona/Chelsea etc)

I prefer 4-4-2

As long as you keep winning things and be fairly sensible with transfers the debt never really bothers you. And the sqad doesn't really need to much, just invest in youth pretty early on.

This is with my Manchester United game, first season, they already have a good core of young players such as Evans, Tosic who i do give first team appearances too. They also have some good younger players, Rafael, Fabio, Wellbeck, there may be more. They get the odd cup game against weaker opposition and have generally performed well, in particular Welbeck. I have also signed many young players, listed below:

John Fleck

Canales

Davide Santon

Jack Collison

Lukman Haruna

Nathan Delfouneso

John Bostock

Ryad Boudebouz

Franco Zuculini

Michael Woods

Gai Assulin

These players have also done pretty well when given the opportunity and their stats look quite good already.

So i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to introduce them into the first team set-up and which ones are the better prospects, baring in mind my Manchester United team (only signed Asenjo and Camacho) has won 20 and drawn 2 games all season in the league, through to the league cup final, the champs league knockout and won the community shield, club world and super cup

Thanks

WoW I've just lost 7-1 away to Barcelona in the champions league semi final.... i was 3-0 up from the first leg what makes it worse it was my 1st defeat of the season... at half time i was down 5-0 with barcelona having 5 shots 1 clear cut chance and i was 5-0 down all my players rating were in the 4's...

my biggest loss ever in champ manager or fm gutted :-(

hi guy how to get mls club into my feeder club system whenever i click to find new feeder club my board recommand other country feeder club.

You usually get a commercial feeder after you have a set amount of club feeders, usually by the fourth or fifth time of asking you will then get a commercial feeder. :thup:

Archived