FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

This is with my Manchester United game, first season, they already have a good core of young players such as Evans, Tosic who i do give first team appearances too. They also have some good younger players, Rafael, Fabio, Wellbeck, there may be more. They get the odd cup game against weaker opposition and have generally performed well, in particular Welbeck. I have also signed many young players, listed below:

John Fleck

Canales

Davide Santon

Jack Collison

Lukman Haruna

Nathan Delfouneso

John Bostock

Ryad Boudebouz

Franco Zuculini

Michael Woods

Gai Assulin

These players have also done pretty well when given the opportunity and their stats look quite good already.

So i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to introduce them into the first team set-up and which ones are the better prospects, baring in mind my Manchester United team (only signed Asenjo and Camacho) has won 20 and drawn 2 games all season in the league, through to the league cup final, the champs league knockout and won the community shield, club world and super cup

Thanks

Feedolover moved this into the United thread, better asking in here first.

It's just a case of slow introducing youngsters into your side, depending on performances give them either sub appearances in cups if there still very young or give them full games in cup games. Also for the more promising talents give them appearances against weaker opposition in the EPL, either a full second half or the last 25 odd minutes.

Tosic, Wellbeck, John Fleck, Franco Zuculini and Santon will be able to cope with first team appearances, in fact Santon could actually play as your main right back from the start of the game/season if you like.

As long as those youngsters get a fair amount of gaming time they will improve, obviously the more playing time the quicker the development.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Feedolover moved this into the United thread, better asking in here first.

It's just a case of slow introducing youngsters into your side, depending on performances give them either sub appearances in cups if there still very young or give them full games in cup games. Also for the more promising talents give them appearances against weaker opposition in the EPL, either a full second half or the last 25 odd minutes.

Tosic, Wellbeck, John Fleck, Franco Zuculini and Santon will be able to cope with first team appearances, in fact Santon could actually play as your main right back from the start of the game/season if you like.

As long as those youngsters get a fair amount of gaming time they will improve, obviously the more playing time the quicker the development.

Thanks for the reply, i havnt sold any of the whole team so have quite a big squad anyway, so far managed to keep them all happy. I'm looking likely to get the title done and dusted with plently of games to spare so obviously can then look at the youngsters

Thanks for the reply, i havnt sold any of the whole team so have quite a big squad anyway, so far managed to keep them all happy. I'm looking likely to get the title done and dusted with plently of games to spare so obviously can then look at the youngsters

Yeah obviously having a bid squad does mean you can't always give youngsters the time you would like, the idea is to give youngsters who look more ready more appearances then the other youngsters who seem a little way off. So for example players like Franco Zuculini, Santon and Fleck can be used for first team appearances when you can. While others like Gai Assulin will need more time so a few sub appearances in the cup will do for now.

If you can give your youngsters around 15 or more appearances (whether subbed or full games) you should see improvement, ideally the more time you can give the more improvement at a quicker rate you will see. But of course you have to balance this with the demands of United and the need to win trophies.

If you wrap up the league with games to spare, would be a great chance to blood youngsters. :thup:

WoW I've just lost 7-1 away to Barcelona in the champions league semi final.... i was 3-0 up from the first leg what makes it worse it was my 1st defeat of the season... at half time i was down 5-0 with barcelona having 5 shots 1 clear cut chance and i was 5-0 down all my players rating were in the 4's...

my biggest loss ever in champ manager or fm gutted :-(

Sounds like the dreaded 2nd leg super-team syndrome. Probably very little you could have done about that.

Yeah obviously having a bid squad does mean you can't always give youngsters the time you would like, the idea is to give youngsters who look more ready more appearances then the other youngsters who seem a little way off. So for example players like Franco Zuculini, Santon and Fleck can be used for first team appearances when you can. While others like Gai Assulin will need more time so a few sub appearances in the cup will do for now.

If you can give your youngsters around 15 or more appearances (whether subbed or full games) you should see improvement, ideally the more time you can give the more improvement at a quicker rate you will see. But of course you have to balance this with the demands of United and the need to win trophies.

If you wrap up the league with games to spare, would be a great chance to blood youngsters. :thup:

In the league at the moment have played 24 won 22 and drew the other 2 and have had some easy oppostiion in the domestic cups so i have played practically reserve teams giving them all a go.

Just in pre season at moment, not kicked off season 4 yet, my board accepted a £45 million bid from A.C. Milan for Yuri Zhirkov who I bought in season 1 for £17.5 million, even though I was unsure of selling him...I have made a massive profit and now i'm going to activate Lionel Messi's release clause and get him. A younger, better and cheaper replacement while making money :D

Sounds like the dreaded 2nd leg super-team syndrome. Probably very little you could have done about that.

thats how it felt but won everything else so i just hope it doesn't happen i season two

should i buy aguero he has a release fee off a hefty £40 million im in january 2nd season

right now i got tevez,rooney and vagner love as my strikers all of which score bags of goals or give plenty of assists vagner love espcialy he scores like mad so im not sure if i need him but then he is still only 21

tevez would be one i sold if i got aguero and his value right now is £30 million

th_aguero.jpg aguero

th_tevez.jpg tevez

you say they all score bags of goals...so why change, thats always been my opinion. although i will be selling torres as he is getting old now, as is rooney mind :(

Feedolover, you should be fine, 2nd season in another save i managed to run up about 20mill debt because i didnt win the the league so finances started low, chairman stepped in and added more cash to bring me to like £5mill in the good, won the league that season and didnt have anytrouble after that

Feedolover i have Fleck on my united side and he plays very well i give him lower oppisition in the fa cup and play him and wellbeck in every league cup game and they do well.

Also i have canales in my sevilla game, First season i had him in my under 19's and second season i have him on loan to newcastle where they have him as rotation (in fourth season game time) and he looks very good.

i play him in centre midfield with foward runs

he has scored 9 goals and 5 assists in 14 appearences but he only 20 and i dont play him all time as anderson does good there

coaches are convinced he still has potential to be quality but im unsure if he will develope to a level i want or not

not really got plenty with other transfers but decided to sell him and ive now brought a 17 year old regen midfielder for 23 million

expensive i know but he good enough already for me to play him as a rotation player and scouts saying he has potential to be quality and better then any my other midfielders

so 2nd season january transfer window

out

santos £40 million

in

david beckham £2.5 million

stefano farina(regen) £23 million

other news

ac millan last in group stages

been playing asenjo as main goalkeeper and already so young he has been fantastic

iv tried to read through all of the posts but there are far to many for me to read so im sorry if someone has already answerd this question but can someone tell me the best formation for manchester united

i use a 4-2-2-2 gk dr dl dc dc mc mc amr aml sc sc

Danny Welbeck how does he look a few years into the game? I'm in season two and he's 18 years of age and just turned into a wonderkid and scoring at more than a goal a game for the first team

yeh i use that sometimes it works well, or play a 4-1-1-2-2 gk dr dl dcdc dmc mc amr aml sc sc. as this adds protection to the backline, for a DMC i recommend veloso hes had that role for 10 years now in my team

season over and i did a treble winning league cup premiership and champions cup

struggle towards end at one point i was left with just a 18 year old striker injury free and after that no wingers thankfully for last game nani was fit and played tevez on left wing

zuculini has progressed massively this season his mental stats have shot right up physically apart from jumping he is better aswell and still only 19 and coaches say still developing

transfers

in

lionel messi £35 million release cause (barcelona)

pandev £20 million (become unhappy at sale of messi )

out

none but i do plan on selling wes brown

current team

teamk.th.jpg

any one got a suggestion for a young lb to buy for if evra is injured or any other comments on team etc

hi people :) i'm in 2021 year and have a capacity of old trafford 100 000 the average attendance for the last season was 99 600 or something like that i want to build a new stadium but the loans are killing me the financial situation is very difficul i va managed to win most trofies so far and have 400 mil dolllars in the bank but the board does not whant to build a new stadium what can i do

I'm currently at the start of my second season with £48m to spend, and I'm looking to bring in a pacy, lead the line striker to partner Rooney and will score 20-25+ league goals a season. I was initially looking at Benzema, but he would be far too expensive, so I then narrowed it down to Mario Gomez and Sergio Aguero. Both are within my budget, and both look to fit the bill, but can anyone suggest others who perform in that role better? (Apart from Vagner Love, he won't come as he's at Citeh). There is also the option of retraining Ronaldo to play there, or would I be better off leaving him on the wing? Also bear in mind I've got Fleck, Welbeck and Macheda coming through and developing nicely.

Thanks in advance.

Well Tevez seems to perform better out wide, so I was thinking of retraining him as an AML/R, and retraining Ronaldo as a striker to take his place, or do you think that would be a waste?

And I tried to sign Villa, but he dosen't really want to come. I'll take a look at Cassano, if not I'll just go for Aguero.

Well Tevez seems to perform better out wide, so I was thinking of retraining him as an AML/R, and retraining Ronaldo as a striker to take his place, or do you think that would be a waste?

And I tried to sign Villa, but he dosen't really want to come. I'll take a look at Cassano, if not I'll just go for Aguero.

Tevez out wide? That is certainly interesting. I've seen C.Ronaldo retrained as a striker and he was excellent so there’s no problems doing that either.

Rooney and Tevez are my main front two

Rooney 59 app 41 goals 15 ass

Tevez 50 app 39 goals 19 ass

all stats from league games only, looks like i won't need to buy a striker for a few years

Rooney and Tevez are my main front two

Rooney 59 app 41 goals 15 ass

Tevez 50 app 39 goals 19 ass

all stats from league games only, looks like i won't need to buy a striker for a few years

Would you mind sharing your player instructions? They don't score anywhere near that amount of goals for me.

Would you mind sharing your player instructions? They don't score anywhere near that amount of goals for me.

i don't use individual player instructions all my players are on team settings

Rooney forward runs mixed, run with ball mixed, long shots rare, try through balls often, cross ball rare.

Tevez the same except run with ball often.

team settings are

mentality 15 attacking

creative freedom 12

passing style 7 mixed

tempo 15 quick

width 7 mixed

closing down 15 whole pitch

time wasting 12 mixed

defensive line 15 push up

tackling easy

the only thing i ever change is if i'm playing bad i drop creative freedom and time wasting to 1 in the second half

i don't use individual player instructions all my players are on team settings

Rooney forward runs mixed, run with ball mixed, long shots rare, try through balls often, cross ball rare.

Tevez the same except run with ball often.

team settings are

mentality 15 attacking

creative freedom 12

passing style 7 mixed

tempo 15 quick

width 7 mixed

closing down 15 whole pitch

time wasting 12 mixed

defensive line 15 push up

tackling easy

the only thing i ever change is if i'm playing bad i drop creative freedom and time wasting to 1 in the second half

Cheers mate, I'll give them a try if you don't mind.

hi people :) i'm in 2021 year and have a capacity of old trafford 100 000 the average attendance for the last season was 99 600 or something like that i want to build a new stadium but the loans are killing me the financial situation is very difficul i va managed to win most trofies so far and have 400 mil dolllars in the bank but the board does not whant to build a new stadium what can i do

you say the debt is killing you, yet you have 400mill in the bank, its clearly not that big a problem

Im in my second season and ronaldo has been amazing this season he scored a load of goals for me with out even taking penalties or free kicks, he also scored about the same amount of goals in the first season.

ronaldob.th.jpg

great stats for Ronaldo and for the people who are asking about Danny Wellbeck i am starting him in the less important games along with Macheda they are such quality strikers when they have the people backing them up like ronaldo just behind them, they score for fun!! im still in my first season and haven't lost a game in 13 games its amazing but styl not top and got knocked out of champ lg but im in euro cup so its not that bad so if i dnt win the euro cup ill be shocked lol!!

players sold

tevez 30m- spurs

hargreaves 8.5m- spurs

fletcher 30m- man city haha

oshea 7.5m- sunderland

kuszack 5.5m- sevilla

possebon 1m - salernitane??

players in

sanchez 1.6m- schalke

defoe 30m- spurs

fernandes 55m - valencia

great team!!!