FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey!

i'm sure this will have been posted here before but i'm not very good at searching...

... what's the cheapest price you can buy benzema for?

lyon always ask for about 60m in games i've played... any ideas how to negotiate a decent price? 30m perhaps?

yeah mate i find that benzema aint cheap i always get the same 60m

Campbells how do i post a screenshot as ive never done this before it might sound stupid but i must be missing the easiest way possible haha

To be honest i didnt really give him any instructions all i did was i set him to train as a striker and i told him to stop blasting the ball at goal. Yeah i was playing him as a striker but to get the best of him you can either play him up front on his own or u can play him up front with someone else but play him on the left.

Tevez out wide? That is certainly interesting. I've seen C.Ronaldo retrained as a striker and he was excellent so there’s no problems doing that either.

I've tried this too. It helps give a bit more variety in attack. Ronaldo performs brilliantly as a lone striker in my 4-2-3-1 system, as does Tevez in the wide right slot.

cheers mate will be doing this later on then!! the stats arent brilliant and only half way through premiership so the apps and goals arent brilliant but ill post screenie for them both!! they will be posted on before 8pm!!

Ronaldo is amazing as a striker with either defoe rooney or sanchez

haha fair enough well i start them in most of my little cup games if the team i'm playing aren't brilliant like i played doncaster and stuck my reserves out and lost 2-1 haha but the league and euro cup mre important as i came 3rd in my group not good i know so how u getting on campbells

Im getting on pretty well, ive got several very young superstars, although a couple of players are aging slightly, mostly real people who were young when i bought them

this season (18/19) im currently second in the league, 3 points behind arsenal

Liverpool put me out of the league cup in the fourth round, but they played a full stregth side

ive qualified for the knockout rounds of the champions league and i just got liverpool in the 3rd round of the FA cup.

on a wider note ive never lost the league, but have lost the champions league more times than i have won it :( im the greatest manager of all time according to the game, with a score of 920

hers a picture of my squad, as you can see i have four scots in my team, all of which could start first team, in fact mcneil would start every game upfront if he didnt get injured every time he played...

negrello is my pride and joy, had him since he turned 18 and only cost me 7 million, and ive had dehaan for ages, i almost let him leave when i still had ferdinand and vidic, im sooo glad i didnt he has saved me so many times

squad

1819squad.th.png

negrello

negrello.th.png

dehaan

dehaan.th.png

for some reason it wont let me view the squad and the players at the moment but ill check them later your seasons sound really good im currently sitting top of league on goal difference as city continue to batter teams where as i seem to get the odd 1-0 here and there haha!!

my january players in

del horno - 8.5m - valencia

kladrubsky - 1.9m - a wien he is great aquisation to the club

players out in january

Park ji Sung - 5m - sampdoria

ronaldo is playing sublime as per usualbangeing in an impressive 30 goals so far and only just got over half way through league!!

just had a look at them players omg they are amzing what year did you find them as i could do with them both as my dc is a problem as evans dont put in a great performance!! i always change my back 2 dc's ferdinand and vidic

they most likely wont come up in your game but here are their historys, they have been getting rotated a bit recently as even younger guys are pushing for a first team place now :p

negrellohist.th.png

dehaanhist.th.png

started a new save yesterday, as got bored of winning so much in my other save, so decided to have a different look on the game..

i am only going to buy players eligable for england.. sold alot of players who are not english, vidic, evra, tevez, fletcher, etc. etc. and made quite a bit of money. Also sold ferdinand to real for 40m as it was a lot of money and needed it to get some new players..

my 1st team for the season will be....

foster

brown, wheater, jagielka, lescott

beckham, hargreaves, carrick, downing

owen, rooney

with subs (rotating into team)

van der saar, neville, walcott, scholes, giggs, lennon, sturridge

kept van and giggs as they old and want the tutoring younger players.

what do people think of my team?

what young english stars are good to buy?

considering its an all english team its not too bad, but i still think you will struggle against the top 3/4 sides in your save. i would have gone for crouch as well, but your centre backs are poor, should have kept ferdinand as he is good for the first 4 years, then you could have bought a young english newgen centreback

Right I'm back managing United again! Looking to sell Ronaldo as in real life, wonder how much I can get him for...

Looking to bring in Benzema and Silva.

Going to get rid of players like Park, O'shea, Brown, Nani maybe Berbatov... wish me luck

started a new save yesterday, as got bored of winning so much in my other save, so decided to have a different look on the game..

i am only going to buy players eligable for england.. sold alot of players who are not english, vidic, evra, tevez, fletcher, etc. etc. and made quite a bit of money. Also sold ferdinand to real for 40m as it was a lot of money and needed it to get some new players..

my 1st team for the season will be....

foster

brown, wheater, jagielka, lescott

beckham, hargreaves, carrick, downing

owen, rooney

with subs (rotating into team)

van der saar, neville, walcott, scholes, giggs, lennon, sturridge

kept van and giggs as they old and want the tutoring younger players.

what do people think of my team?

what young english stars are good to buy?

You are crazy !!

Vidic ? Evra ? Ronaldo ? Oh my.. But it's your team man..

If you looking for English player, I really like aSHley Young.. I paid 30 millions pounds when I used chelsea.. I thought I got ripped off but he did well.. PRobably 30 mill is too much, but you pay high price when you want to get a player from the same league.. It's just the way it is..

Right I'm back managing United again! Looking to sell Ronaldo as in real life, wonder how much I can get him for...

Looking to bring in Benzema and Silva.

Going to get rid of players like Park, O'shea, Brown, Nani maybe Berbatov... wish me luck

i think you should keep park and oshea, great backup utility players but its your game

Hi All,

I am currently coming to the end of my first season with Man Utd. I am currently 2nd by 5 points with 3 games left and got Arsenal next game who are currently top. I haven't had the best of seasons i won the community shield, Euro super cup and World club championship but got knocked out the leauge cup in semi-finals to Chelsea, knocked out of F.A cup in the 6th round to Man City and knocked out in the 1st round knock-out of Champions Leauge to Juventus. I think i havnt had the best of seasons due to alot ov swapping and changing in my squad to allow my new signings and youngster the chance to play.

my signings this season are:

Lassana Diarra - £5m

Rafael Forster - £2.4m

Luca Tremolada - £2.3m

Henri Saivet - £6m

Keirrison - £8.5m

Gabriel Torje - £2.6m

Davide Santon - £2.1m

John Fleck - £2.6m

Franco Zuculini - £1.5m

Bartosz Salamon - £975k

Paolo De Cegile - £5m

Franz Dieu - £1.3m

all young players so i feel i have good players for the future of the club.

the only players i sold were:

John O'Shea - £5.74m

Nani - £8.5m

Darren Fletcher - £7.5m

Park Ji Sung - £6.25m

if anyone could give me any tips of advice it would help alot.

Thanks

at what age do you guy's get rid of Rooney? i'm coming to the end of season 2014/2015 and he's 29 year old and soon to be 3/4/5th choice as a striker. should i cash in?

at what age do you guy's get rid of Rooney? i'm coming to the end of season 2014/2015 and he's 29 year old and soon to be 3/4/5th choice as a striker. should i cash in?

I sold him in 2011 has he was very hit and miss for me, getting out performed by Aguero, Balotelli and Marquinhos. For £70m to Real MAdrid.

Also start of 2011/12 sold Ronaldo to Madrid again for £100m, only 2 days ago before the real story broke!!

I have a week of the transfer window left and have also sold Evra for £40m, (worth £6m), Zhirkov for £60m, Matigol for £40m plus the Ronaldo one. Currently have £254m transfer burning a hole but finding it very difficult to buy anyone. Vargas at Fiorentina they want £90m plus for him, cant unsettle him.

Squad

06122009204337.th.jpg

think i might have found a trick that worked with Evra, Zhirkov, Matigoal, Rooney and now Ronaldo.

for eg, the ronaldo deal was 20m upfront, 40m after 12 months and another 40m after ten league apperances. The 10 league appearances worked with all the rest of them as well at 40m, as long as the upfront price aint that high it seems to work.

I just want to find out what people think is the best formation to play with Man United. Not tactic, just the best formation and also which players have played the best for you in which positions as I am really struggling to find the ideal formation. Thanks in advance!

Transfers after first window closes

INS

Antonia Valencia - Wigan - £10M

Davide Santon - Inter - £12M

Joao Moutinho - Sporting - £10.5M

and some youngsters

OUTS

John O'shea - Man City - £7.5M

Tomasz Kuszczak - PSV - £4M

Rodrigo Possebon - Wigan - £600K

Wes Brown - Aston Villa - £8M

Park Ji-Sung - Man City - £5.5

Currently 3rd in the league 3 points behind Arsenal after 5 games.

Keep you posted

Hi guys - am planning on starting a Long Term save as Man Utd. I need some advice as to whether I get rid immediately of the youth team members with no great potential, the reserves who are going to be nowhere near my first team and the following members of the first team - Hargreaves, Park, Kuszczak ( +Tevez + Ronaldo as to mirror real life ).

I would plan with the money to fill my youth and reserve team with 15-18 year olds with massive potential and bargain buys who I could sell on at a profit.

OR,

I could keep the current playing staff seeing how they do first season bringing in just a couple of players as replacements for Neville and Van der sar (Santon and Fiorillo ?) and maybe a couple of other prospects ( Sakho, Camacho ) and reviewing them all at the end of the first season?

What would you recommend?

Thankyou for reading.

I sold him in 2011 has he was very hit and miss for me, getting out performed by Aguero, Balotelli and Marquinhos. For £70m to Real MAdrid.

Also start of 2011/12 sold Ronaldo to Madrid again for £100m, only 2 days ago before the real story broke!!

I have a week of the transfer window left and have also sold Evra for £40m, (worth £6m), Zhirkov for £60m, Matigol for £40m plus the Ronaldo one. Currently have £254m transfer burning a hole but finding it very difficult to buy anyone. Vargas at Fiorentina they want £90m plus for him, cant unsettle him.

Squad

06122009204337.th.jpg

Your team looks fine to me - looks like you could keep all your players happy by actually playing them. I know it's tempting to fill your team with stars, but really you don't need to strengthen too much - what does the assistant manager say? If anything you're a little short on defensive midfield cover, and a little top heavy on attacking midfield

I just want to find out what people think is the best formation to play with Man United. Not tactic, just the best formation and also which players have played the best for you in which positions as I am really struggling to find the ideal formation. Thanks in advance!

Anyone else?

I think I have decided who I will purchase now:

Fiorillo ( as long term VDS replacement )

Santon ( as long term neville replacement )

Feghouli ( as Ronaldo replacement - will play back up to nani on RW in first season though )

Benzema ( as tevez replacement )

Sakho ( as long term Ferdinand replacement )

Fleck ( as back up to giggs )

Sell : Ronaldo, Tevez, Fletcher, Brown, kuszczak, P.J.S and some reserves.

What do you think and ALSO can Sakho do a GOOD job at left back ( thinking he might be cover for evra in first season?

And who do you play in the AMC and ST positions?

Depends usually.

If you sign a new striker then generally

Rooney/Tevez at AMC

Berbatov/New Striker at ST

But Rooney is only accomplished AMC I believe - needs retraining.

Ronaldo works well in either the AMC role or the ST role too with a new winger coming in on the right.

Also Giggs does a good job here, basically anyone that is comfortable in a free role for AMC, and either someone fast, or someone strong as ST, just adapt the tactics to fit.

Squad

06122009204337.th.jpg

Hey Adonis, long time no see ;). Good selling idd, but how can you sell Rooney :(

Anyway may i ask what tactics you use these days?

Archived