FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, haven't been around this thread (or the forums really) for a few months, but I'm thinking of starting a new United save, selling Tevez and Ronaldo. I'll be hoping to sign a new Striker, possibly Benzema or Villa, probably 2 wingers, out of Di Maria, Ribery, Mata, Silva, Valencia and Ashley Young and probably an MC such as Sneijder. I'm also going to try new tactics and try a 4-2-3-1 with Benzema/Berbatov as a lone striker and Rooney in behind them.

Your team looks fine to me - looks like you could keep all your players happy by actually playing them. I know it's tempting to fill your team with stars, but really you don't need to strengthen too much - what does the assistant manager say? If anything you're a little short on defensive midfield cover, and a little top heavy on attacking midfield

I start a few games with Utd, one where i buy all the top starts and others where I look for younger talent and save money. This is only my first long term fm09 game so there's quite a few players i have never brought before but have heard good things about them on the forums. i'll see how it pans out til the January window although I don't usually like to buy at that time.

Hey Adonis, long time no see ;). Good selling idd, but how can you sell Rooney :(

Anyway may i ask what tactics you use these days?

Hi mate.

I have only just started playing fm09, just couldn't get use to it early on nor did i have the time to play.

Rooney wasn't working out got out performed by MArquinhos, Balotelli and Ronaldo playing up front. Even tried him has a attacking midfielder but nothing worked.

TActics wise I usually rotate between tylerbode's and knap tactics, depending which players i have available.

Hi mate.

I have only just started playing fm09, just couldn't get use to it early on nor did i have the time to play.

Rooney wasn't working out got out performed by MArquinhos, Balotelli and Ronaldo playing up front. Even tried him has a attacking midfielder but nothing worked.

TActics wise I usually rotate between tylerbode's and knap tactics, depending which players i have available.

Haha ye same just started on fm09 as well ;). Ah i see your point, still think its sad to sell Rooney.

Been using TheBetterHalfs tactic sets worked good so far, however there is a lot of changing back and forth. Might try tylerbode's or knap for a change. Have the feeling they're getting used to my tactics ^^

just wondering if someone can help me here iv been playing football manager 09 for about 2 weeks and i dont know a good formation to use when the opposition push players forward i normally use a 4-2-2-2 but when they push players forward i pretty much always concede an early goal or if i am winning 2-1 for example they push players forward and get a late eqaullizer any help on tactics or formations for me to use would be great

jarryd

Just started a new United game on the 1st WeeGie update.

Team

GK: VDS/Foster

RB: Nev/Rafael/Simpson

LB: Evra/O'Shea/Fabio

CB: Vidic/Evans

CB: Ferdinand/Zapata

RM: Ronaldo/Nani

LM: Giggs/Tosic

ST: Berbatov/Gignac

FC: Rooney/Tevez

Players In:

Zapata - £11,000,000

Gignac - £5,000,000

Zuculini - £250,000

Players Out:

Brown - £12,000,000

Park - £17,500,000

Fletcher - £40,000,000

Martin - Loan

I think that I've strengthened my team and made a £54,000,000 profit. I might bring in some of the young players that are normally associated with the top teams. I'm very tempted by Sahko as I haven't had him on 09 but I don't want to pay the £18,00,000 PSG want. :\

Gignac and Berbatov have been the stand-out performers in pre-season with the latter hitting 5 in 0(2) and the former hitting 3 in (2) Gignac also has 3 assists. Have promoted Berbatov to the starting team for the Charity Shield.

think i might have found a trick that worked with Evra, Zhirkov, Matigoal, Rooney and now Ronaldo.

for eg, the ronaldo deal was 20m upfront, 40m after 12 months and another 40m after ten league apperances. The 10 league appearances worked with all the rest of them as well at 40m, as long as the upfront price aint that high it seems to work.

Sold them both to Man City and structured the deals the way I was instructed to by adonis. He is right about the transfers.

Fletcher deal was £20,000,000 upfront, £10,000,000 over 24 months and another £10,000,000 after 10 games.

Park deal was £2,500,000 upfront, £5,000,000 over 12 months and another £10,000,000 after 10 games.

Hey about to enter the transfer window 2010/2011. And wonder if you lads had some ideas what to change in my team?

manutd2011.th.jpg

My personal idea was to bring in Aguero and probably sell Berbatov or tevez. As you can see especially Berbatov have had a quite poor season. Also thought of getting a new winger and maybe sell Tosic and Ronaldo. I have had David Silva, Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben in mind for a winger/attacking midfield position. And at last a new Right back, tried to unsettle Ramos and Silvestri, with out luck though. So thought of Alan Hutton is he good enough? Probably gonna sell Fletcher as well.

Recommendations welcome :D

All of the players listed aren't any better than the players you have, with the exception of Aguero and Berbatov. I wouldn't swap Ronaldo for Silva, Robben or Sneijder and I definately wouldn't bring Hutton in.

If you're heart set on making changes I would bring Mickael Chretien (Morocco) in at RB, Aguero in for Betrbatov and keep Ronaldo.

Where are you playing Tosic?

about to start a man utd save (finally)

i expect a 4-5-1 is the way to go with giggs/ronaldo on the wings and rooney/tevez up front in a rotation based thing?

or is Rooney capable to play as a central midfielder? as his determination and creatvitiy might make him a good attacking MC

All of the players listed aren't any better than the players you have, with the exception of Aguero and Berbatov. I wouldn't swap Ronaldo for Silva, Robben or Sneijder and I definately wouldn't bring Hutton in.

If you're heart set on making changes I would bring Mickael Chretien (Morocco) in at RB, Aguero in for Betrbatov and keep Ronaldo.

Where are you playing Tosic?

The reason why i'm intersted in selling Ronaldo is due to him leaving in real life. As for the RB, Mickael Chrentien dosnt look that good imo, lacks quite some pace.

Playing Tosic AMR or AML depending on who the other winger is.

By 2016 Chretien is the best RB in the world on my save :thup: He's twice the player Hutton is, even without the pace. What about Cassani?

If you're defiantely getting rid of Ronaldo then Silva would be the pick of those mentioned, though Robben is the only proper winger. Mazzarani for RW? I'm not sure about the left, have City bought Zhirkov?

Barnetboyz, you'd be surprised how good Rooney is in CM, same goes for Gerard at RB, but I would probably go with Tevez or Berbatov up front and Nani, Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs rotating on the wings.

ok have the game creating itself now...

looking to play an attacking 4-1-2-2-1 with Ronaldo & possibly Tosic on the wings with Carrick and possibly Hamsik if i can sign him, will look to get rid of Nani is i don't really like him in real life, and Rafael will be my starting attacking full back, might get rid of a striker or 2 yet as i've always wanted to sign Gomez from Stuttgart as for me he is the most complete striker i've senn on fm09 to date... won't look to sell many unless man city come in with silly amounts unless i get that 10M etc over 10 games to work as others have

Sold them both to Man City and structured the deals the way I was instructed to by adonis. He is right about the transfers.

Fletcher deal was £20,000,000 upfront, £10,000,000 over 24 months and another £10,000,000 after 10 games.

Park deal was £2,500,000 upfront, £5,000,000 over 12 months and another £10,000,000 after 10 games.

glad it worked for you...obviously the AI being dumb and stupid again.

lovely jubbly..transfer budget is now at a whopping £285m.

Over the next month I should be getting a further 40m from Ronaldo deal (next appearance), 40m from Zhirkov (5 games to go), 30m from Mathias Fernandez deal (2 games to go) in total budget should increase to nearly £400m!!!!

06172009174742.th.jpg

RIGHT...

after a lot of BS i have finally started the save (went into the editor to changed a few competition names) and have decided to promote a under 18 to the first team to try and get him as well as he can get, have about 35M to spend after asking for more money and am using the 4-1-2-2-1 default to make a (hopefully) good tactic

Hey lads, long time reader, first time poster, but i just couldnt get away from showing this. I have been having a pretty good second season, just coasting on top of the prem league, and then Tevez got injured, so i decided to change things up and see what Fraizer Campbell had to offer me, and this is how he responded.

Now i know 2 of the teams are from the lower divs and are cup matches, but still i thought it was impressive

campbell.jpg

can someone help me im 7th on the table after 20 games not doing to well i do well on home games but away i lose to teams who are currently 18th and places like that any help would be nice

That sounds like you need tactical advice, best try in the tactics forum. What way are you losing?

Right i am in my 2nd season with United, the first resulting in The prem, Champions League and F.A. Cup Treble. Adding to the Community shield, Super Cup and World Club Cup won before the New Year. I might add a proper update at a later date but my problem is this. Following the success of the first season a number of clubs came in for my star players. I managed to keep hold of all the players i wanted without too much upset from the players in question. However for some reason Wayne Rooney got annoyed at not being allowed to talk to Real Madrid, and didn't seem to pleased at me rejecting bids from both Real and Chelski. He had a reasonable season last year, playing majority of it at AML. In the league he only hit 6 but overall was on about 15(can't remember). He has started this season well stats of 6(1) 5 goals 3 assists 7.44 avr, before picking up an injury. He is still out for another 2 months, but still unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs. He has now slapped in a transfer request. I have rejected this but am I just prelonging the enevitable? Is there anything I can do to make him happy and want to stay at Old Trafford or should I just try and get the best deal I can for him and replace him with an Aguero or Karim Benz? My other strikers are Tevez V.Love Campbell and Berba(who had a fantastic first season, topping the scoring charts and picking up numorous awards including Euro striker of year and english footballer of the year) I have tried to add as much info as I can and would appriciate any advice you guys have.

have decided to sell Evra, Hargreaves and O'Shea before the transfer window shuts and bring in some youth and world class centre back Cheillini to be a potential replacement for Vidic (only gonna sell if i get a 30M bid)

just beaten newcastle 4-1 away from home which was nice as James scored his first goal on his league debut :***)

haven't kept a clean sheet though which is worrying

Okay, I released everyone in the world using the editor and started again. I then went out and offered contracts to about 50/60 players. Then whoever accepted, I delayed the transfer so I could work out a great team ... and it's kinda brilliant.

Iker Casillas

Sergio Asenjo

Vincenzo Fiorillio

Rafael

Daniel Alves

Patrice Evra

Jeremy Helan

Federico Fazio

Nemanja Vidic

Gerson

Felice Natalino

Sergio Ramos

Mamadou Sakho

Thiago

Michael Essien

Anderson

Marco Enzo Fossati

Xavi

Martin Galvan

Nicao

Kaka

Cristiano Ronaldo

Lionel Messi

Mario Balotelli

David Silva

Miraem Pjanic

Bojan

Samuel Eto'o

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Sergio Aguero

Vladimir Kadlec

Pretty good, I'll think you'll agree. I'm lining up like this at the moment

GK: Casillas

RB: Alves

CB: Vidic

CB: Fazio

LB: Evra

CM: Essien

CM: Xavi

AMR: Ronaldo

AMC: Kaka

AML: Messi

ST: Ibrahimovic

Can somebody please give me some tips on a good tactic to use? I've tried the pihrana & knap107 ones, was doing well and then all of a sudden I just stopped winning and I'm now 4th place in the league (Out of league & fa cup, through to semis in the champions league). Have lost a couple and drawn loads that I should have been winning in the past 10 games or so..

I want to play 4-4-2 but could switch it up at the end of the season if i bought in the right players, have had some injuries but I still don't get how my team is performing so badly..

Main Squad:

GK: VDS/Foster

DR: Rafael/Santon/Neville/O'Shea

DL: Evra/Sakho/O'Shea

DC: Ferdinand & Vidic/Evans/Sakho

MC(defensive): Veloso/Camacho/Zucullini

MC(offensive): Anderson/Scholes/Bostock

MR: Ronaldo/Nani

ML: Nani/Tosic

ST: Tevez & Rooney/Milevskyi/Welbeck

Coming up to the end of my first season.. probably shouldn't have sold Carrick & Hargreaves and spent a bit too much money on younger players for the future but you live and you learn

Out

Hargreaves (9m)

Brown (12.5m)

Carrick (20m)

Fletcher (12.5m)

Berbatov (40m)

Park (10m)

Kuszczak (3.5m)

In

Veloso (10m)

Fleck (2m)

Bostock (5.75m)

Moses (2m)

Sakho (11m)

Santon (3.5m)

Milevskyi (10m)

Camacho (18.5m)

Zucullni (600k)

I'm trying to get the money to buy Aguero at the moment.. I need a new GK for next season too. Any standout players I should bring in/get rid of?

End Of Transfer Window

Transfers In

Joe Mattock - £2.8M (Young and with training and games can become the best left back in the game)

Jack Rodwell - £6M (Young and english and becomes a beast of a centre half, my future captain)

Miguel Veloso - £9.75M (My DM and is a great player, never had him before though so hoping he plays well)

Mario Gómez - £10.25M (A complete forward, great in the air and great with the ball, looking for 30 goals a season from him)

Giorgio Chiellini - £12.5M (Amazing centre half and can slot in at left back if needed)

Alberto Paloschi - £875k (Young and fast and has an eye for goal, out on loan)

Davide Santon - £1.3M (Future right back as i don't like Neville as hes too slow and Rafael is very iffy)

David Beckham - £4.7M (Meh why the hell not)

Transfers Out

Wes Brown - £7.5M

John O'Shea - £7.5M

Owen Hargreaves - £11.5M

Patrice Evra - £20M

EDIT: Also agreed to sign Zapata for 10M next season allowing him a full season in Serie A before joining and probably seeing the end of Vidic

Defo need a keeper to replace van der Sar, names I would suggest are Asenjo, Akinfeev, Adler or Ochoa.

You could also buy someone to play offensive central midfield as although Anderson is good, he doesn't add enough goals to the side for me. I have Mati Fernandez and he's just fantastic for me and is available for around £10m in 2nd season.

Archived