FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

I have just bought the game today, ive started my first season as man u, any ideas on who to get rid of and who to buy?

Try to keep a pretty similar squad to begin with, players like O'Shea and Park who don't look very good can do an excellent job until the second season when you are likely to have a much greater budget

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, it's August 10th and here is my squad so far, can anyone give me any suggestions or such? Transfers, who to loan, etc. It would be well appreciated!

GK: Van Der Sar/Foster/Kuszczak

DL: Evra/O'Shea

DC: Ferdinand/Richards/Evans

DR: Brown/Neville/Simpson/Rafael

ML: Ashley Young/Tosic/

MC: Scholes/Giggs/Carrick/Hargreaves/Anderson/Fletcher/Gibson

MR: Valencia/Park

ST: Rooney/Benzema/Aguero/Welbeck

Cheers for your feedback, ive managed to get beckham for £5m and Santon for £1.5m, i'll go for veloso when i have more money. City beat me to Vagner Love - gutted cause after reading the forums he sounds like THE player to get.

Anyways cheers for your reccomendations.

I couldnt sell Fletcher for 30Million had to sell him for 15.

Note this is on the Weegie update so i am without Ronaldo and Tevez. I have played three games winning all of them.

utddealings.jpg

Hey, whats the transfer budget on the weegie patch? And good signings, i recommend Beckham as captain. But is probably too late now.

And how are R.Madrid doing in the league? with all the new signings?

I had 60 million to start with. I don't load any other leagues as my computer cant handle it lol. To late for Beckham to be captain.

Hmm The budget should be atleast 100m imo... Ahwell... where did tevez end up going then?.. Who is the top scorer in your tea?

Quick Question who should I use as Patrice Evras understudy with the aim of developing into my new 1st choice LB - Fabio or Joe Mattock?

Hmmm Fabio is fast and a good fulback.. depends how the coaches rate them... but i would go with Fabio :)

Two great end of season games to wrap up a clean sweep against rival teams.

06292009210857.th.jpg followed by champions league final...06292009211015.th.jpg

Decided to sell Vidic aged 30 for a whopping £70m...Veloso got upset thinking i lacked ambition...told the SOB to get out...have ready made replacements in Hamsik, Moutinho, Ramsey and Sissoko all ready there.

Will update after transfer window.....already brought Zapata to replace Vidic for £20m.

Line up:

GK - Akinfeev/Asenjo

RB - Azpilicueta/Santon

LB - Vargas

CB - Fazio/Evans

CB - Zapata/Sakho

MC - Hamsik/Ramsey

MC - Moutinho/Sissoko

MR - Balotelli/Ljajic

ML - Mata/Buonanotte

FC - Aguero/Saivet

FC - Marquinhos/Fleck

Any suggestions on a LB happy to be back up for a few years to Vargas...money no option...

Also reached 1st place in the rich list...06292009211928.th.jpg

Hey everyone, I need some tips. I always seem to lose against Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal but beat the smaller teams quite comfortably and in my 1st season I finished in 3rd spot and only made it to the quarters of the CL losing out to Chelsea.

Heres my sqaud:

GK Edwin Van Der Sar

GK Igor Akinfeev

GK Kusczack

RB Rafael

RB Neville

RB Brown

RB Simpson

LB Evra

LB Fabio

CB Evans

CB Ferdinand

CB Vidic

ML Andres Guardado

ML Giggs

MR Ronaldo

MR Park

MR Nani

MC Gregory Sertic

MC Carrick

MC Anderson

MC Hargreaves

MC Gibson

MC Scholes

ST Tevez

ST Rooney

ST Berbatov

I know I probably need a new striker and obvoiusly need to sell a few players but can't at the moment as I'm in October 09.

PS I'm using the Near Perfection Tactic

I have just bought the game today, ive started my first season as man u, any ideas on who to get rid of and who to buy?

you can easily get 45m cash for fletcher. put for transfer on first day of season. when city bid. up to 45m cash and they offer that.

(2013/2014)

GK: Ochoa/Adler

RB: Darijo Srna/Santon

LB: Evra/Bale

CB: Rio/Evans

CB: Vidic/Fazio

RM: Ronaldo/Nani

LM: Dos Santos, David Silva (82 million for him, saved up 3 years)

CM: Carrick/2 Regens (wonderkids im lovin it)

CM: Hamsik/Anderson/Sergio Aguero

ST: Rooney/Tevez

ST: Carlos Vela/Albert Paloschi

plz guys need some help im in my first season and have keirrison berba and rooney upfront and berba and rooney are both injured so i need a young striker i have 40 mill left to spend who shld i buy?

i update my database so he was already at Madrid when I started.

Not sure if ill play man utd too long, fancy managing Frank Lampard, im pretty good with goalscoring midfielders...

However I'm getting the most out of Nani already 6 goals in 5 games, most of them blinders

Hey,guys.I have a big promblem.Rooney doesn't play well for me.He got only 1 goal and 2 assis in 13 games.Now he is suffering over 700 minutes goal drought:(:(:(.Here is my instruction:

mentality 13(the same as team)

creative freedom 17(as i give him a free role,i think cf should be a little bit more)

passing style 10

closing down 12(the same as team)

tackling easy

forward runs mixed,run with ball often,long shots rarely,through balls often,cross ball mixed,cross from deep

tick free role and hold up ball

Is there anyone give some advise?thanx a lot.

ps:sorry for my poor english.

SEASON 2012/13 UPDATE

Sold Vidic for £70m and Veloso for £60m and just got Zapata for £20m, and a young english regen striker who can be as good has Aguero.

Got a transfer budget of £214m, balance is £475m.

Only area I am lacking is a backup LB for Vargas.

Charity Shield vs Chelsea

07032009062907.th.jpg

Euro Super Cup vs Juventus

07032009063008.th.jpg

Squad:

07032009063052.th.jpg

SEASON 2012/13 UPDATE

Sold Vidic for £70m and Veloso for £60m and just got Zapata for £20m, and a young english regen striker who can be as good has Aguero.

Got a transfer budget of £214m, balance is £475m.

Only area I am lacking is a backup LB for Vargas.

Charity Shield vs Chelsea

07032009062907.th.jpg

Euro Super Cup vs Juventus

07032009063008.th.jpg

Squad:

07032009063052.th.jpg

can i reccomend joe mattock as backup for vargas?

Hey,guys.I have a big promblem.Rooney doesn't play well for me.He got only 1 goal and 2 assis in 13 games.Now he is suffering over 700 minutes goal drought:(:(:(.Here is my instruction:

mentality 13(the same as team)

creative freedom 17(as i give him a free role,i think cf should be a little bit more)

passing style 10

closing down 12(the same as team)

tackling easy

forward runs mixed,run with ball often,long shots rarely,through balls often,cross ball mixed,cross from deep

tick free role and hold up ball

Is there anyone give some advise?thanx a lot.

ps:sorry for my poor english.

Remove HUB, drop his mentality abit to around 11, lower his CF to 15 and put crossing on rarely. :thup:

Remove HUB, drop his mentality abit to around 11, lower his CF to 15 and put crossing on rarely. :thup:

Thank you very much,I will try later:D.

Sandman-

Thanx a lot,You mean I should put long shots mixed?Rooney prefer to shoot from distance,I am worried about that would let him waste too many shots for long shots.So which one is better,rarely or mixed?:confused:

Joe MAttock actually rejected me and went to SUnderland instead.!!

Mr Sandman...the art of negotiating.....Most of my funds have been when I ask for £40m after 10 league apperances...it works everytime....obviously winning things does as well.

I have Rooney on often, if he is wasting many chances then i put in on mixed then up his through balls. Really all depends on the team talk, if he's motivated you are pretty much guaranteed a scorcher of a goal. He has a world class quality I don't think he'll waste too many chances.

Fair enough Adonis, thing is I dont want to sell many players

Right, just been offered 35M upfront and 37.5M over 18 months for Ronaldo by Inter and don't have a clue what to do because its the 30th of January so there will be no time for a replacement. The good thing though is that Nani is performing well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Hursty

EDIT: And I get 15% of the profit from the next sale.

Right, just been offered 35M upfront and 37.5M over 18 months for Ronaldo by Inter and don't have a clue what to do because its the 30th of January so there will be no time for a replacement. The good thing though is that Nani is performing well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Hursty

EDIT: And I get 15% of the profit from the next sale.

Sounds like a good deal to me, but how many wingers do you have to replace him?

Archived