FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HoPeY :thup:

Ok so now let me share my first season, unfortunatly I do not get to play that much but I try when time permitts.

In:

• Henri Saivet $11M (I don't know if this was a smart move, he has done a hat trick etc but he is so unpredictable and can't handle playing against the bigger teams)
  • Yury Zhirkov $23.5 (Has slight problems adapting)
  • Matias Fernandez $22.5 (Absolutly wonderful, both as a left winger and an attacking midfielder)
  • Jose Baxter $9.5M (I have not used him yet)
  • Georginio Wijnaldum $5.25M (Decent but predicted to be very good, slightly unpredictable)
  • Davide Santon $2.2M (Excellent player and replacement for Wes Brown/Gary Neville)
  • John Fleck $625K (Predicted to be a quality player so I bought him because my scouts really recommended him)
  • Rafael Van Der Vaart $23.5 (I have always liked him and could not resist, he has done very well for me and just did not get the playing time he wanted from Real Madrid)
  • John Bostock $6M (Bought him as a backup in case I needed a player for injury covery)
  • Luca Tremolada $3M (Flexible winger for both right/left, scouts recommended him to become a good investment)

Out:

• Tevez $67M (I could not RESIST)
  • Park Ji-Sung $12.5M (He was in the reserves)
  • Darron Gibson $4.6M (My staff determined him as decent)
  • David Gray $275K (No comment)
  • John O'Shea $10.5 (Are you kidding me, I played him for a while both as a right/left defender and he kept screwing up and got worst player awards)

Future:

When can you retire Scholes/Giggs/Neville? Giggs haven't been so well for me, Neville has done decent games and Scholes I use when I need someone with high experience with game direction.

Darren Fletcher, most of you sold him and I rarely use him because of Carrick and Hargreaves...

Wes Brown, I have my eye set for a replacement...Dmytro Chygrynskyi? Has anyone tried him out?

Berbatov is not really working out for me, sometimes he does not score at all...and sometimes he scores like he had a golden boot but it is not consistent...

He is really good in my game, 4 star rating but not at potential when you buy him, chygrynskyi that is.

well VDV I could probably have gotten cheaper, Real asked for $50M but I only had 23 or so, guess that is my bad. I feel like starting over though since I made some buys that I could have saved money on...? :thdn:

I decided to start a game with United which I left on holiday when I went to work upon my return it is the year 2014 and many things have changed.

Man City are FA Cup and Europa Cup holder

Arsenal are Carling Cup holders

Chelsea are Premier League Holders

Real Madrid are Champions League holders

Vagner Love has been voted World player of the year two years running

Manchester United have not won a trophy for four years.

The Squad I have inherited is young but has plenty of experience and should be more than capable of winning some trophies with the right guidance.

Goalkeepers:

Sergio Asenjo

Vincenzo Fiorillo

Defenders:

Daniel Schwaab

Andrea Mazzarani

Davide Santon

Emiliano Insua

Timothee Kolodzieczak

Jonny Evans

Ivan Marcano

Simon Kjaer

Darnel Situ

Midfielders

Ignacio Camacho

Marouane Fellani

Darren Fletcher

Marek Hamsik

Ibrahim Afelley

Nani

Alessio Cerci

Henri Saivet

Alan Dzagoev

Albin Ekdal

Forwards

Wayne Rooney

Kerrison

Davide Peterruci

On the game Andrea Mazzarani is the world record purchase at £57m (Ronaldo started at Madrid)

Old Trafford has been increased to a capacity of 92300 and the finances are looking good with a £60m transfer budget left when I re-took over.

Those are the background details. I am having problems getting my strikers to score, in the past 6 games we have one 1-0 in 5 and drawn 0-0 in one despite having more than 10 shots on target from each match. I have limited long shots to try and see if it may be that be still nothing doing. Any ideas?

I am so sick of Rooney, I instruct him to stop shooting so much and he states that is bad idea and every game he has a crap rating, he is just a stubborn everton rookie! I am so tired of him, so I can understand people that have sold him but I am going to try and bend him to where I want him, I mean, there are so many options to close him down from playing if he does not listen!

Those are the background details. I am having problems getting my strikers to score, in the past 6 games we have one 1-0 in 5 and drawn 0-0 in one despite having more than 10 shots on target from each match. I have limited long shots to try and see if it may be that be still nothing doing. Any ideas?

What formation are you playing? Instructions for your strikers? Wide men etc?

HoPeY, you are sniffing around my next question, I have read through the threads but nobody has really presented any good lineups;

At home I prefer running a two striker setup and away I also prefer running a two striker setup but in a diamond formation (away that is with a DM).

I need positional instructions?

I have a good training schedule called Darkstarr, anyone have a 100% fullproof?

I play a 4-3-1-2 formation or 4-2-3-1 depending on the opposition/players available etc. Both are set out as fairly attacking short passing through the defensive side of the team and a more direct style once the attacking half is hit. The AMC (usually Dzagoev) is a playmaker with mixed passing through balls often run with ball mixed and forward runs mixed. Depending on if I have one or two strikers. If i have one than they are sit to hold up ball and try through balls often with forward runs and run with ball mixed. If I have two strikers one is set to free role run with ball often. the other is set to attacking with forward runs often.

HoPeY, you are sniffing around my next question, I have read through the threads but nobody has really presented any good lineups;

At home I prefer running a two striker setup and away I also prefer running a two striker setup but in a diamond formation (away that is with a DM).

I need positional instructions?

I have a good training schedule called Darkstarr, anyone have a 100% fullproof?

Sniffing around what? :D

Well for Rooney I had him on a lower mentality, quite high CF, forward runs on mixed, run with ball on often, long shots rarely, through balls on often and cross ball on rarely, with free role ticked.

I had him and Berbatov both on the same settings and they linked up the play well, Rooney was always dropping into space and causing chaos.

I played a Brazilian 4-2-2-2 though.

lol you people are either stupid or i dont know what.

half your teams have no english players, at least try to play like reality.

utd will never sign messi

grow up

Everyone plays the game different? Calling people stupid or telling them to grow up is pretty pointless. People will play the game how they want, how about you play the game how you want and leave others to do the same. :thup:

Thanks for the replies!

I decided to use the Adiee tactic but with some personal adjustments, it is just too aggressive. I do not like when my oppoisition constantly gets counter attacks, not really a successful tactic in my view, especially not when Real Madrid is the opposition...

I started over just to attempt new strategies and counter my mistakes, signed the correct players etc, I'll give it a season and see what happens, then report back :thup:

Right so this is the start of my second season.

Brought in a few players, not really big names, but hey. Also one regen from Brazil who looks pretty good, apart from his mental stats.

I think I need slightly a bit more depth before the new season starts. Just so my players don't get over tired. Cover for Evra is needed.

squad.th.jpg

transfersr.th.jpg

feliper.th.jpg

Big EDIT: Just signed Akinfeev, how can a man refuse a £15m price tag?

I am hoping Hulk will get me goals when he settles, he hasn't been overly impressive pre-season.

What team instructions has everybody got set, i get confused on this part and never know what to put

I play a 4-2-2-2 formation also on the latest weegie so no ronaldo and tevez, what would be best for me?

I change mine as the game continues, depending on if I am winning, if it is a draw or I am losing but from match start, TEAM tactics, not individual.

Let's see if I can get this link to work.

tacticj.jpg

I just restarted to test some theories and this tactic, line up and the individual positional tactics which work at an average, still fine tuning.

Can anybody tell me whether Owen Hargreaves stays in the game after he retires? He's currently approaching his 36th birthday on my game and is still a key player in my team, being the Vice-Captain. He's saying that he doesn't think he'll stay in the game and I have been trying to tell him that he's make a good coach/manager but he just wants to concentrate on playing.

I dont think he stayed in the game in mine, but i let him go at 34 to portugal or something, he was thinking of staying in the game with me though.

Cheers mate. Know it's only a game, but I'll be gutted once he retires and decides to disappear! Same with Wazza, he's just turned 31!!

hi, just started a new game with man uts on the 9.30 patch, iv'e sold fletcher to man city for 30m to man city and asked for more money and now have about 60m, i need advise on who to sign, who to get rid of and also what formation you guys play and team and player instructions

cheers

Just started a game using the update Hopey mentioned above. Having no Tevez or Ronaldo certainly makes things trickier and its difficult to work out what SAF actually imagines his first choice 11 will be next season. I have a horrible feeling Rooney going to be marooned on the left with Berba and Owen up front but that's for another thread.

Signed Vieira for £5m (transfer budget is £50m on this update) as I intend to buy a host of young players and having the likes of Neville, Scholes, Giggs and Vieira as mentors for two to three years can only be a good thing. Sadly, though predictably, he got sent off on his debut against City for a series of nasty fouls on Gareth Barry. Nice one Paddy.

So I have searched far and away for someone in the thread mentioned about building your own training schedule, now, I have downloaded a training schedule but started adjusting it towards the team/player direction that I want, specially towards the formation etc, however;

Does someone have a generalized positional training areas, which areas that are important for each position? I have searched the training thread but there is too much bull going on there to find a straight answer and since we are Manchester United I rather listen to the Manchester United devoted fans than someone in the training thread that might cheer on Chelsea.

Thanks in advanced!

Just started a game on 9.03 This is my first time playing FM09 as my old computer would not play it so go easy on me :D

Transfers in:

Saivet £2.1m

Defour £5.75m

Sakho £9m

Zhirkov £14m

Azpilicueta £9.5m

Oscar Cardozo £6.5m

Transfers out:

Fletcher £40m :D

Kuszczak £4.8m

Brown £12m

Park ji Sung £9m

Still have £17m leftover! Was thinking of Balotelli but inter wanted £20m and he was also injured for 4 months! I'll look at that one in January transfer window!

I'll keep everyone updated and any suggestions are welcome!

Kugle, you may try Nestor from Marseille (I think). I bought him with 10m pounds in January of 2012.

He is a centre back but can play as a left back too. Just train him to be natural as left back and at the same time he could be a cover to Ferdinand and Vidic as they are getting older.

Eazy dayz, since you have 17m left, sign Alexis Sanchez. A back up to your strikers and wingers. He is a wonderkid at the start of the season and develop very well if proper training schedule is given to him. Good luck.

thanks Nevrin, i'll have a look at sanchez. My only problem is i hate having too many players and spending unnecessary money. I like to have no more than 2 players for every position. I'll definetely have a look at him though, maybe even consider selling someone and bringing him in.

You may sell the likes of Frazer Campbell to get him. I think he cost 11m the most a the start of 1st season. Furthermore, he can play at either side of wingers. Give him a try and good luck!

End of Season 2

Current Squad - Looking for a RB, DC and a backup AML, any suggestions.

teama.jpg

Honours

Club World Cup Winners - Man Utd 5-2 Cruzeiro

Champions League Winners - Man Utd 3-2 Barcelona

Super Cup Winners - Man Utd 1-1 Fiorentina (Won on pens)

F.A Cup Winners - Man Utd 2-1 A.Villa

goalscorers.jpg

Aguero had a brilliant season. Top goalscorer with 41 goals in 54 games.

Champions League best player was a clean sweep for me.

1st - Aguero, 2nd - Marquinhos, 3rd - Ronaldo. Got 7 players in the dream team too.

Stadium now being expanded up to 100,000 seats.

I am looking to Messi for £45m but currently he doesn't want to join. Any tips to get him interested?

Archived