FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Balotteli proved to be better than Berbatov and will take his spot on the starting 11.
  • Danny Welbeck made 34 appearances with an average rating of 7.43.
  • Davide Petrucci made 12 appearances with an average rating of 7.06.
  • John Bostock made 21 appearances with an average rating of 7.47.
  • Fraizer Campbell won the English Premier Division Goal of the Season while playing for Tottenham.
  • Davide Santon made 30 appearances with an average rating of 7.52.
  • Rafael made 31 appearances with an average rating of 7.44.
  • Henri Saivet made 28 appearances with an average rating of 7.20.
  • John Fleck made 23 appearances with an average rating of 6.97.

UnitedSweden, would I be right in thinking you've included reserve, youth and loan appearances for these players i.e. a 7.47 average for Bostock is surely too high for 21 first team matches at his age?

UnitedSweden, would I be right in thinking you've included reserve, youth and loan appearances for these players i.e. a 7.47 average for Bostock is surely too high for 21 first team matches at his age?

Yes, definatly, was just showing what is to become part of first team in the future.

Yes, definatly, was just showing what is to become part of first team in the future.

Ok, no problem. You have the makings of great team, I always include Rafael, Fabio and Welbeck in the 1st team in season 1.

Ok, no problem. You have the makings of great team, I always include Rafael, Fabio and Welbeck in the 1st team in season 1.

I had Fabio and he did well but he was very uneasy with my tempo, but he will get more time this season. I don't really see an investment needed, if anything, a center midfielder and a center defender, trying to get Messi and hopefully Fazio :thup:

So guys, I have just concluded the 3rd season on my United save and it was a successful one as you will find out later:

Squad Overview

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2546/manchesterunitedendofse.jpg

Individual Awards

January Premier League Young Player of the Month - Asenjo

February Premier League Manager of the Month - Khan

Premier League Team of the Year - Vidic, Ronaldo, Nani & Fernandez

Footballer of the Year - Ronaldo

Manager of the Year - Khan

Champions League Dream Team - Asenjo & Rooney

Competition Summary

The players regained the Premier League crown from Arsenal but not without a dodgy spell late in the campaign. After carrying on a fantastic start to the season early in 2011, my side hit a very sticky spell with defeat at Everton. We bounced back from 2-0 against Arsenal to win 3-2 in the next game to take what looked like a decisive 9 point lead with just 5 matches remaining. But draws against rivals City and Aston Villa coupled with a limp defeat at Newcastle left the team needing maximum points in the last 2 games which came without any fuss. It seems Arsenal's dropped points in February and March just about cost them in the end. Liverpool and local rivals City took the last two Champions League places. At the other end of the table, all three promoted sides went straight back down as Wigan and Ipswich both went with a whimper - Crystal Palace were relegated at the end even though my players thrashed survivors Reading 4-0.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5079/englishpremierdivision2.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Adebayor (Arsenal) - 19

Top Assists - Walcott (Arsenal) - 14

Average Rating - Ronaldo (Man Utd) - 7.53

Players Player of the Year - Gerrard (Liverpool)

Players Young Player of the Year - Bojan (Liverpool)

Premier League Goal of the Season - Walcott (ARSENAL vs Tottenham, 28/12/2010)

After safely progressing through the group stages of the Champions League, my players were confident of going all the way for the 4th time in a row this season. In the 1st knockout round, the players faced Portuguese giants Porto and it was very impressive winning by the odd goal away before smashing them at Old Trafford to set up my first European meeting against 'the enemy' Liverpool. In the first leg at Anfield, Bojan and Babel both scored screamers to win 2-1. Early on at Old Trafford, Babel further strengthened their grip on the quarter-final leaving us needing two goals from somewhere. Rooney pulled one back before a dramatic late tie-leveller from Campbell to take the tie into extra-time. My side banged at the door time and time again but Reina was in inspired form and dreaded going out on penalties. But thankfully, my team held their nerve and Anderson netted to send Old Trafford wild. Unfortunately, my grip on the European Cup loosened for the first time on this United save as Arsenal took advantage of the very difficult spell the side was going through with two comfortable victories which hurt a lot given the boys' lack of fight in the 2nd leg at Old Trafford.

Arsenal went on to Hamburg to capture the European crown, with Walcott's early goal enough to defeat Chelsea in the final.

In the most famous cup competition in the world, my players coasted through the early rounds with all victories coming against Championship sides. Preston, Leicester and Q.P.R. were all comprehensively beaten by sides mostly consisting of fringe players. My first test came in the 6th round with a trip to fellow Premier League side Middlesbrough. After gaining a point against me just three days earlier in the league, Boro were no match this time for my side as Fernandez scored a couple of trademark piledrivers to set up a semi-final meeting against Sunderland at Wembley. The semi-final started well for us as Rooney scored early on and he doubled our advantage before the hour mark. The final place was assured with Hargreaves scoring midway through the second half and it was close rivals Arsenal again in the final.

Before the players went out, I reminded them of their spineless exit at the hands of Arsenal in the Champions League and demanded they made it up to the fans. The players came flying out of traps and took the lead early on through Ronaldo's header and a massive goal for the winger returning from a long injury layoff. On 36 minutes, Fernandez doubled the lead with another outrageous strike from distance and three minutes later, Berbatov slotted home a great third goal. The FA Cup was virtually sealed soon after the interval when Toure was dismissed for a double booking and for the rest of the game, my defence held out manfully against the waves of Arsenal attacks.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9199/manutdvarsenalfacup2011.jpg

Other Competitions

In the first domestic cup final of the season at Wembley, Arsenal comfortably disposed of Liverpool to lift the Carling Cup.

An English side made it through to the UEFA Cup Final but Tottenham were unable to stop an impressive Napoli side from lifting the trophy.

Summer Transfer Targets

After looking over my squad at the end of this season, I've decided that there is a couple of positions that may need addressing. Two players already coming in are goalkeeper Akinfeev and centre-back/right-back Zapata. Foster will be leaving on a free and I'm considering sending Jonny Evans out on loan next season.

A position I am particularly looking at is the left-back situation with Evra needing a solid back-up and I have been considering Joe Mattock and Vargas although the latter would cost a bomb as he is at Chelsea at the moment. Another position being looked at is the central midfield options as with a year left on his deal, I'm deciding to cash in on Carrick and either buy a replacement or have Bolzoni provide adequate cover for Hargreaves.

So guys, what do you think of my 3rd season in charge of United? Was it better to win the League and Cup double in exchange of just the Champions League like last season?

Also, has anyone had a nightmare end to the league campaign like my side endured and has anybody on here actually blown the title from that position in the season?

And finally, what do you think of my squad? Am I looking at the right areas of the squad to address or is there somewhere I should strengthen?

Any feedback and suggestions appreciated.

Could I Be The Next Fergie?

Summary: Basically, I have done that many Man City games with £150m a season, I have grown bored of the colour SKY BLUE Haha! So I thought I would give Man United a go on the 9.0.3 patch as per usaul. The small amount of money given (£10m) was quite refreshing to all the other teams I usaully choose, so after looking at the team I was made to work with, one thing came to my head... World Class Youth was needed, so lets move on to Transfers.

Formation: I play a 4-1-3-2 (Sexy Football) with a holding defensive midfielder, brilliant tactic for a United team, would recommend it deffinatly.

formationy.jpg

Transfers: RIGHT BACK! Yeah, thats was my first thought when looking at the team, G. Neville and Rafael really arent up to Prem standards in my own oppinion. Also just basic youth was needed all over the team, I mainly strengthened the whole attacking force as I enjoy bringing up young quality strikers, so heres my Ins & Outs...

IN

David Santon - He was straight into the first team, as I had luck with the random PA

Andrea Mazzarani - Backup for Santon, but excess to requirements at beggining.

Ruben Rochina - BARGAIN, even if its just for profit next season or he becomes quality, I can't go wrong.

Ander - Another profit thing basically, as Man United need to raise funds.

Alexis Sanchez - Has the quality to break into first team over Nani if he keeps improving.

Arturo Vidal - I brought him in on a couple month loan to cover Hargreaves, who recovered quicker than i thought he would.

Robert Lewandowski - More profit searching, yeah im a bargain hunter lol.

Roman Zozulya - OMG, for just £2k theres no going wrong, easy couple million profit out of him.

Alberto Paloschi - I'll explain further down.

Jonathan Cristaldo - I have seen Bolton and Blackburn pay upto £10m for him later on in games, so thought I would get ahead of the game and be prepared for offers in couple seasons.

OUT

Darren Fletcher - £8m (Wasn't needed really)

Just sent all my youngsters out on loan really.

transfersg.jpg

Key Player

Paloschi

paloschii.jpg

Omg, Im only up to December 2008 and he's improved so much, its unreal, he really is a talent. Tutoring him has lowered his Determination as per usaul which is disapointing but really raised his stats. He may not have scored many goals, but the goals he's scored have been great finishes, and a couple of important ones as well.

Fixtures, League & Cups

league.jpg

Great performance in league, Vidic & Ferdinand are stopping the goals flow in, the defence is the main key behind not conceding. Never been on a run like this on FM2009 yet, did it with Arsenal on FM2008 and Chelsea FM2007 but thats going OT.

Champions League im qualified for, but still could finish second yet, depending on last game, not so consistent in Europe tho, I have lost to Zenit 1-0 and drew to Roma.

Carling Cup in the semi's again West Ham, and Won Supercup 5-0 Against Zenit, Destroyed.

If anyone has any suggestions for the United team of mine, please say, as im open to anything to keep this run going.

Tyoldinho

What is that skin mate? It's awesome.

Cheers

I'm in my first season as United. Ronaldo's moving to Madrid in January For 35m plus clauses. Somehow Michael Carrick is my top scorer with 7 goals. My formation looks like this.

32221.jpg

Brown is being replaced by Ivan Marcano from Racing. He is almost as good as Ferdinand already and he's only 19. Rafael is being replaced by Cesar Azpilicueta who has better stats than Rafael my first choice wing back.

Marcano

marcano.jpg

Azpilicueta

azpilicueta.jpg

Currently sitting first in the league after 6 games. Won all 6.

league.jpg

Can you tell me where I should strengthen please.

Mods can you change the pictures so that they show up on here rather than having to click the URL to view please.

I have lost the desire to play because winning with Man Utd is too easy... and I've played soo many saves with them. Does anyone have any ideas of what team to use or if there is a challenge somewhere that will re-ignite my desire to play FM?

Thanks in advance

Rate my team :D

manutd.jpg

Going to offload Tevez soon, sigh, because he has been my top scorer for 3 seasons but his stats has dropped a bit..28 is tool old eh? lol..And buying Bojan as a replacement, although i dont need any more strikers :p..

BTW is any1 having Rafael as your regular starter? For me he is, and for the past 3 seasons averaging 24 games he is getting good game ratings of 7.00++ but his stats arent improving much, i wonder why...

I have lost the desire to play because winning with Man Utd is too easy... and I've played soo many saves with them. Does anyone have any ideas of what team to use or if there is a challenge somewhere that will re-ignite my desire to play FM?

Thanks in advance

Dafuge's challenge?

BTW is any1 having Rafael as your regular starter? For me he is, and for the past 3 seasons averaging 24 games he is getting good game ratings of 7.00++ but his stats arent improving much, i wonder why...

I always like to rotate Rafael in the first team right from the start as he's potentially much better going forward than Neville or Brown. Make sure you have Neville mentoring him and you'll see his mental stats shoot up. I'm half way through the 1st season at the moment and his stats across the board are showing great improvement, as are Fabio's.

I always like to rotate Rafael in the first team right from the start as he's potentially much better going forward than Neville or Brown. Make sure you have Neville mentoring him and you'll see his mental stats shoot up. I'm half way through the 1st season at the moment and his stats across the board are showing great improvement, as are Fabio's.

I didn't realise Rafael was good enough for the first-team straight away so I went and splashed out £10m on Zapata ;) Luckily, I haven't needed any extra money yet :) I'm in October 08, here's my list of transfers:

In

Vincenzo Fiorillo- £3.5m

David Moreno- £100k

Andrea Mazzarani- £1.9m

Thiago Alcanatara- £210k

Zakarie Boucher- £950k

Borja Baston- £275k

Freddy Adu- £4.3m

Rodney Sneijder- £220k

Denis Alibec- £60k

Felix Kroos- £90k

Ruben Rochina- £1k

Cristian Zapata- £10.75m

Kryiakos Papadopoulos- £2.5m

Joe Mattock- £2.3m

Cesar Ibanez- £700k

Ahmed Khalil- £95k

Fedor Smolov- £250k

Nicolas N'Koulou- £2m

Martin Galvan- £1.7m

Kermit Erasmus- £95k

Ricardo Montolivo- £13.75m

Joao Moutinho- £10.25m

Emilio Nsue- £190k

David Beckham- £5m

Out

Conor Devlin released

Gary Woods released

Reece Brown released

Scott Moffatt released

Kenny Strickland released

Joe Dudgeon released

Oliver Gill released

Scott Wootton released

Matt James released

Chris Curran released

Magnus Eikrem released

Cameron Stewart released

Nicky Ajose released

Evandro Brandao released

Joshua King released

Park Ji Sung to Man City for £10m

Darren Fletcher to Sunderland for £13m (City weren't interested for some reason)

John O'Shea to Everton for £7.5m

I'm on the Weegie update so I got £60m to spend ;)

I didn't realise Rafael was good enough for the first-team straight away so I went and splashed out £10m on Zapata ;) Luckily, I haven't needed any extra money yet :) I'm in October 08, here's my list of transfers:

In

Vincenzo Fiorillo- £3.5m

David Moreno- £100k

Andrea Mazzarani- £1.9m

Thiago Alcanatara- £210k

Zakarie Boucher- £950k

Borja Baston- £275k

Freddy Adu- £4.3m

Rodney Sneijder- £220k

Denis Alibec- £60k

Felix Kroos- £90k

Ruben Rochina- £1k

Cristian Zapata- £10.75m

Kryiakos Papadopoulos- £2.5m

Joe Mattock- £2.3m

Cesar Ibanez- £700k

Ahmed Khalil- £95k

Fedor Smolov- £250k

Nicolas N'Koulou- £2m

Martin Galvan- £1.7m

Kermit Erasmus- £95k

Ricardo Montolivo- £13.75m

Joao Moutinho- £10.25m

Emilio Nsue- £190k

David Beckham- £5m

Out

Conor Devlin released

Gary Woods released

Reece Brown released

Scott Moffatt released

Kenny Strickland released

Joe Dudgeon released

Oliver Gill released

Scott Wootton released

Matt James released

Chris Curran released

Magnus Eikrem released

Cameron Stewart released

Nicky Ajose released

Evandro Brandao released

Joshua King released

Park Ji Sung to Man City for £10m

Darren Fletcher to Sunderland for £13m (City weren't interested for some reason)

John O'Shea to Everton for £7.5m

I'm on the Weegie update so I got £60m to spend ;)

Out of the players you've bought how many of them are playing in your first team.

Won my third straight League title with 3 games to spare. :cool:

Finished 9 points clear of Manchester City and Arsenal.

Now I have Arsenal in the Champions League Final and Wigan in the FA Cup Final - if I manage to win those, I'll have won everything possible this season. :D

Already won the Community Shield beating Arsenal, the League Cup beating Liverpool, and obviously the League as well.

One problem though... I'm bricking it over the fitness of Rooney, Nani, and Ronaldo for the two Finals...

Ronaldo has just come back from injury, but he's no where near fit, he'll be a big gamble. Nani and Rooney are still injured but should be back in time - though they won't be anywhere near fit.

Rooney will be a big loss if he doesn't make it in time but I do have my top scorer, Tevez (27 goals) and Berbatov who has scored 26 goals in just 25 starts.

I definitely need one of Nani or Ronaldo though.

My only other good winger is Valencia. Tosic hasn't developed properly on this save and Fabio is not really a winger. Ljajic and Obertan are both on loan.

(fun fact: I actually signed Valencia and Obertan before United signed them in real life :cool:)

Dafuge's challenge?

I was thinking of trying a game with Lyon as I have seen alot of people saying that they are good to try, what do you think?

I am not sure if I should be asking this question in another thread :).

A tiny update: I am now in the 2011\2012 season.

First of all I want to say that I did NOT use the "exploit" to sell Fletcher to City, but I did purchase a few top notch players.

Asenjo, Chiellini, Fazio, Gago, Diego who have all done amazing over the past years and everyone entering the Best Eleven (exept Chiellini, for some reason) . They cost dearly, though, and I came out with a £40 million loss after the 10\11 season.

A few years ago, I aslo brought up a right back from the academy. Michael Cooke, who some of you may know. Even though he may not look the best, he does extremely well, even against top teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, Real Madrid etc. Rarely loosing a tackle, and proving to be a force to be reconed with in the air. Last year he even scored a goal from 25 yards out in the CL.

Needless to say, he just signed a new contract keeping him at Old Trafford for 4 more years.

Speaking of the CL, I just became the first manager to lead United to two consecutive CL wins, which turned me into a favourite with the fans. (Though no mention of it in the information pages has been made)

In other news, Fabio Capello just resigned and I was offered the job.

After 3 years my ultimate goal had finally come to fruition!

I brought in Michael Cooke and he did quite well in his first cap against Azerbadjan, helping us to a 4-2 win with an experimental 4-2-3-1 tactic I "stole" from Capello. The next day I met a delighted Cooke, thanking me publicly for the confidence I showed him.

Quote: "The right back commented that it has been a great few weeks for him, firstly signing a new contract with Man Utd and now being handed his England debut by Paul Northfield"

Back to United. Lately, I have been out to clear out dead wood, and sell off players to help their careers, resulting in £11.75 extra income and a few extra players having me on their favourite list. Life is good!

Also worth mentioning, Tevez scored the winning goal against an amazing City side who has spent their money well, in the 2011\2012 season opening game.

That's it for now, more to come.

(Posted in the Official Manchester United thread, and also in the manager career forum)

Won my third straight League title with 3 games to spare. :cool:

Finished 9 points clear of Manchester City and Arsenal.

Now I have Arsenal in the Champions League Final and Wigan in the FA Cup Final - if I manage to win those, I'll have won everything possible this season. :D

Already won the Community Shield beating Arsenal, the League Cup beating Liverpool, and obviously the League as well.

One problem though... I'm bricking it over the fitness of Rooney, Nani, and Ronaldo for the two Finals...

Ronaldo has just come back from injury, but he's no where near fit, he'll be a big gamble. Nani and Rooney are still injured but should be back in time - though they won't be anywhere near fit.

Rooney will be a big loss if he doesn't make it in time but I do have my top scorer, Tevez (27 goals) and Berbatov who has scored 26 goals in just 25 starts.

I definitely need one of Nani or Ronaldo though.

My only other good winger is Valencia. Tosic hasn't developed properly on this save and Fabio is not really a winger. Ljajic and Obertan are both on loan.

(fun fact: I actually signed Valencia and Obertan before United signed them in real life :cool:)

Wow! Just wow!!!

The Champions League Final against Arsenal... What a fecking game!

3-3 I won on penalties 17-16. Yes, you read that right, 17 penalties to Arsenal's 16!!!

The 3-3 wasn't half bad either.

Carlos Vela gave them the lead in the 8th minute, Carlos Tevez scored a cracking free kick a few minutes later and it was 1-1. However, Adebayor put them back in front a few minutes later.

Half time I was down 2-1, okay I had a chance at forcing extra time at least I thought... But then Vela scored again straight after half time, I was 3-1 down.

Then Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney inspired my team to force extra time... Carrick played a lovely ball and Rooney curled it beautifully past the keeper in the 80th minute. THen in the 86th minute Carrick scored a long range screamer and it was 3-3!

The game went to penalties and after Adebayor missed for Arsenal, Akinfeev had a chance to end it early... But he missed the potential winning penalty. After he missed, every single player scored their penalty until Arsenal's 18th attempt, Pedro hit the post.

What a nerve wracking final that was!! 18 penalties!! Football (manager), bloody hell!

I managed to win the FA Cup quite comfortably beating Wigan 2-0 courtesy of Rooney and Daniel Schwaab goals.

My team for next season is looking like this:

GK: Akinfeev, Aritzis (regen)

DR: Schwaab, Rafael

DC: Sakho, Vidic, Evans, Ferdinand

DL: Evra, Fabio

MR: Ronaldo, Valencia

MC: Anderson, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Carrick

ML: Nani, Tosic

ST: Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Campbell

I am probably going to send Ljajic out on loan again for next season (2011/2012). Obertan hasn't really developed properly and Kolarov is disappointing so I may offload them. Welbeck will probably also go out on loan.

I was thinking of trying a game with Lyon as I have seen alot of people saying that they are good to try, what do you think?

I am not sure if I should be asking this question in another thread :).

At that point I usually go for a championship league team like Preston or Watford etc.

And I cant for the life of me find info about coaches and how to get 7 stars. Im playing with United in a network game against a mate who is Arsenal and got 7 stars for everything except GK and Tactics. I know about that you need man management and motivating aswell but not how much excatly?

Fwiw we are in the 2015/16 season and can happily say I've come uptop of my Arsenal buddy so far. This season however it seems that the league will go to Arsenal but I've won the league the last three years in a row (5 times all in all) and the CL five times during the last six years so not too bothered :D

Nice 45 minute debut from Douglas Costa in a 3-0 FA Cup win against Oldham. Scored and got an assist in a team with 9 teenagers. Yeah I know it was only Oldham but pleasing to see the kids turn it on in the 1st team.

My heavily invested in youth team is amazing, especially Fedor Smolov. 27 goals in 24 games, my coaches all say he's got the potential to be better than Rooney, and he's developing like a mad man :D Definitely promoting him straight to the first team after this season if he keeps the form up!

Welbeck is also developing like a madman in the first season for me, I think virtually every technical stat has gone up at least two points with about a third of the season to go. He's being used sparingly in the first team (he's scored 5 goals), been tutored by Rooney and I've been changing his training routine every month, some months even using the schedules I have my DMC's and full backs on. Seems to be working a treat.

Started a new game with United.

Transfers In

Marquinhos - Palmeiras £10.5M

Davide Santon - Inter £4.5M

David Beckham - Los Angeles £5.25M

Riccardo Montolivo - Fiorentina £17M

Cristian Zapata - Udinese £11.5M

Joe Mattock - Leicester £2.4M

Transfers Out

John O'Shea - Fulham £7.5M

Park Ji-Sung - Man City £10M

Wes Brown - Tottenham £10M

Youngsters I've sent out on loan also

Looking to bring some youngsters through next season the likes of Cathcart, Macheda, Welbeck, Petrucci.

I'm using the latest Weegie update.

I'll keep you posted of any other signings in January

I can only imagine the conspiracy theories and general wailing and gnashing of teeth that would greet this result were it to happen in real life, especially as only 4 minutes of injury time were allotted:

1-0.jpg

Started a new game with United.

Transfers In

Marquinhos - Palmeiras £10.5M

Davide Santon - Inter £4.5M

David Beckham - Los Angeles £5.25M

Riccardo Montolivo - Fiorentina £17M

Cristian Zapata - Udinese £11.5M

Joe Mattock - Leicester £2.4M

Transfers Out

John O'Shea - Fulham £7.5M

Park Ji-Sung - Man City £10M

Wes Brown - Tottenham £10M

Youngsters I've sent out on loan also

Looking to bring some youngsters through next season the likes of Cathcart, Macheda, Welbeck, Petrucci.

I'm using the latest Weegie update.

I'll keep you posted of any other signings in January

Pretty similar to my dealings mate, great minds think alike eh? :D

I'm not going too well, won the league in the first season but flopped in the other competitions. I've just lost the Community Shield 3-0 to City :( Then I lost to them again in the league, 1-0. Beat Hull and Sunderland, however so I'm 4th after 3 games ;)

Should I sign Mandanda for £30m?

I'm going into the 4th season, I already have Akinfeev but I have absolutely no back up for him, so if he gets injured I'm screwed.

Also, if I do sign him, who's the better of the two: Mandanda or Akinfeev?

Also wondering if I should sign Angel Di Maria for £14m. He will only be back up for Nani. I was looking at Marko Marin, but his club wanted far too much.

Any one have any cheaper alternatives to Mandanda or a better alternative to Di Maria?

My squad is looking like this (if I sign them):

GK: Akinfeev, Mandanda

DR: Schwaab, Rafael

DC: Ferdinand, Evans

DC: Vidic, Sakho

DL: Evra, Fabio

MR: Ronaldo, Valencia, Ljajic

MC: Carrick, Hargreaves

MC: Anderson, Fletcher

ML: Nani, Di Maria

ST: Rooney, Tevez

ST: Berbatov, Campbell