FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should I sign Mandanda for £30m?

I'm going into the 4th season, I already have Akinfeev but I have absolutely no back up for him, so if he gets injured I'm screwed.

Also, if I do sign him, who's the better of the two: Mandanda or Akinfeev?

Also wondering if I should sign Angel Di Maria for £14m. He will only be back up for Nani. I was looking at Marko Marin, but his club wanted far too much.

Any one have any cheaper alternatives to Mandanda or a better alternative to Di Maria?

My squad is looking like this (if I sign them):

GK: Akinfeev, Mandanda

DR: Schwaab, Rafael

DC: Ferdinand, Evans

DC: Vidic, Sakho

DL: Evra, Fabio

MR: Ronaldo, Valencia, Ljajic

MC: Carrick, Hargreaves

MC: Anderson, Fletcher

ML: Nani, Di Maria

ST: Rooney, Tevez

ST: Berbatov, Campbell

I dont think you should...I have lloris playing for my team for 3 straight seasons 99% starting...goalkeepers are as fit as bulls...and 30M is a lot...Try get another striker etc bojan/saivet which are worth less than 30mil...Campbell is not good enough...

Don't you just love it when any Liverpool manager ends up with egg on his face:

08072009153213.th.jpg

RESULT:

08072009153344.th.jpg

Decided to play Messi upfront rotating with Benzema, Aguero,Vela, Saivet....looks lethal....best position to play him, wasted on the wing.

Taking of regens i brought this one from Real Madrid,,£26.5m...

08072009153526.th.jpg

This one from Inter/Torino...

08072009153602.th.jpg

From last season sold Kaka, Silva and Mexes...and brough in the regens..was easily within my budget...still have £300m left...with a bank balance of £625m, and have overtaken Real Madrid has the richest club worth £1.4B.

Don't you just love it when any Liverpool manager ends up with egg on his face:

08072009153213.th.jpg

RESULT:

08072009153344.th.jpg

Decided to play Messi upfront rotating with Benzema, Aguero,Vela, Saivet....looks lethal....best position to play him, wasted on the wing.

Taking of regens i brought this one from Real Madrid,,£26.5m...

08072009153526.th.jpg

This one from Inter/Torino...

08072009153602.th.jpg

From last season sold Kaka, Silva and Mexes...and brough in the regens..was easily within my budget...still have £300m left...with a bank balance of £625m, and have overtaken Real Madrid has the richest club worth £1.4B.

Your skin looks amazing. Where can i download from ?

Alright guys, Liverpool fan here but I come in peace :). I'm in a network game with 3 mates of mine, and we have all gone the big four, and I ended up going Man Utd. I'm just into February in the first season, and I'm currently 3 points off top spot, with 13 league games to go. Won the Charity Shield, Euro Super Cup, World Club Championship and I'm in the final of the League Cup against Villa. Unfortunately, I drew Chelsea in the FA Cup 4th round, and my youngsters crashed out 3-0 at Stamford Bridge. I have Juventus in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Here are my transfers for the season;

In

Miguel Veloso - £10m

Chinedu Obasi - £10m

Cesar Azpilicueta - £9m

Miguel Torres - £2m

Jeremy Mathieu - £3m

Mouassa Sissoko - £7.5m

Artem Milevskyi - £10m

Jeremy Toulalan - £14.75m

Davide Santon - £3.5m

Andrea Mazzarani - £8m

Joe Mattock - £2.5m

Tsvetomir Todorov - £1m

Alberto Paloschi - £1m

Vicenzo Fiorillo - £800k

Fedor Smolov - £500k

A few other youngsters such as Josh Lambo and Razvan Ochirosii, but they're not really future first teamers, more players I'll sell on for a big profit in a few years.

Out

Anderson - £15m

Tomas Kuszczak - £3.5m

Darren Fletcher - £12m

Darren Gibson - £2m

John O'Shea - £6m

Park Ji Sung - £6.5m

Lee Martin - £1m

Fabian Brandy - £700k

Dimitar Berbatov - £23m

Wes Brown - £7m

Jeremy Mathieu - £7m

Zoran Tosic - £12m

Gary Neville - Free

Ryan Giggs - Free

I play a 4-1-2-2-1 (a DM, two CM's, an AML and a AMR, and a lone striker). This is my squad (anyone not mentioned here who I have bought is out on loan);

GK - Van Der Saar / Foster

RB - Azpilicueta / Santon

LB - Evra / Torres

CB - Vidic / Evans

CB - Ferdinand / Sissoko (retrained)

DM - Veloso / Sissoko

CM - Carrick / Scholes

CM - Toulalan / Hargreaves

AML - Nani / Todorov

AMR - Ronaldo / Obasi

ST - Rooney (can play AML) / Tevez (can play AMR) / Milevskyi

Basically just after some advice. I don't think any of my youngsters would be best served as back up for next season, so hoping all of them go out on loan and get some first team experience. So with that in mind, I think I need;

- A keeper to replace Van Der Saar.

- A youngish centre back to be back up to the other 3.

- A CM. Hargreaves has been OK, but injury prone, so am looking to sell him. Also Scholes isn't getting any younger and has been poor when he has played. Looking at either De Rossi or Hamsik to replace him

- An AML to compete with Nani, as I want to send Todorov out on loan.

Any recommendations, tips, just general advice on anything United related would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Don't you just love it when any Liverpool manager ends up with egg on his face

Indeed, 2nd leg of champions league q final after a dire 2-0 home defeat. Only Celtic to get past on the road to the final now:

3-0.jpg

Alright guys, Liverpool fan here but I come in peace :). I'm in a network game with 3 mates of mine, and we have all gone the big four, and I ended up going Man Utd. I'm just into February in the first season, and I'm currently 3 points off top spot, with 13 league games to go. Won the Charity Shield, Euro Super Cup, World Club Championship and I'm in the final of the League Cup against Villa. Unfortunately, I drew Chelsea in the FA Cup 4th round, and my youngsters crashed out 3-0 at Stamford Bridge. I have Juventus in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Here are my transfers for the season;

In

Miguel Veloso - £10m

Chinedu Obasi - £10m

Cesar Azpilicueta - £9m

Miguel Torres - £2m

Jeremy Mathieu - £3m

Mouassa Sissoko - £7.5m

Artem Milevskyi - £10m

Jeremy Toulalan - £14.75m

Davide Santon - £3.5m

Andrea Mazzarani - £8m

Joe Mattock - £2.5m

Tsvetomir Todorov - £1m

Alberto Paloschi - £1m

Vicenzo Fiorillo - £800k

Fedor Smolov - £500k

A few other youngsters such as Josh Lambo and Razvan Ochirosii, but they're not really future first teamers, more players I'll sell on for a big profit in a few years.

Out

Anderson - £15m

Tomas Kuszczak - £3.5m

Darren Fletcher - £12m

Darren Gibson - £2m

John O'Shea - £6m

Park Ji Sung - £6.5m

Lee Martin - £1m

Fabian Brandy - £700k

Dimitar Berbatov - £23m

Wes Brown - £7m

Jeremy Mathieu - £7m

Zoran Tosic - £12m

Gary Neville - Free

Ryan Giggs - Free

I play a 4-1-2-2-1 (a DM, two CM's, an AML and a AMR, and a lone striker). This is my squad (anyone not mentioned here who I have bought is out on loan);

GK - Van Der Saar / Foster

RB - Azpilicueta / Santon

LB - Evra / Torres

CB - Vidic / Evans

CB - Ferdinand / Sissoko (retrained)

DM - Veloso / Sissoko

CM - Carrick / Scholes

CM - Toulalan / Hargreaves

AML - Nani / Todorov

AMR - Ronaldo / Obasi

ST - Rooney (can play AML) / Tevez (can play AMR) / Milevskyi

Basically just after some advice. I don't think any of my youngsters would be best served as back up for next season, so hoping all of them go out on loan and get some first team experience. So with that in mind, I think I need;

- A keeper to replace Van Der Saar.

- A youngish centre back to be back up to the other 3.

- A CM. Hargreaves has been OK, but injury prone, so am looking to sell him. Also Scholes isn't getting any younger and has been poor when he has played. Looking at either De Rossi or Hamsik to replace him

- An AML to compete with Nani, as I want to send Todorov out on loan.

Any recommendations, tips, just general advice on anything United related would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Good signings, I bought Smolov in first season as well, he's absolutely lethal for the U18s and is starting to look like a possible first-teamer in the 3rd.

GK: Akinfeev has been ace for me, cost me £16m in January 2010 so you could probably get him for less.

CB: Sakho or N'Koulou. N'Koulou's the cheaper option but isn't quite as good as Sakho.

CM: Joao Moutinho?

AML: Sanchez or Montolivo (Natural at CM but he's assist leader every season for me at LM)

Cheers for the advice lads.

I had looked at Akinfeev and Mandanda, but they both seem to have been taken down on the 9.0.3 patch, and neither looked better than VDS. Both were recommended as a decent signing. May go after Lloris if I can unsettle him, and get him on the cheap.

The lad who's Liverpool bought Sakho, so that's out of the question. But someone who is of a similar age to Johnny Evans would do me. Doesn't necesserally need to be a teenager. Is N'Kolou good enough to eventually replace Ferdinand or Vidic? They're some pretty big shoes to fill.

I've a couple of possibilites for CM. It's just a case of deciding who to bring in at the right price. Always wanted to sign De Rossi, and I thought this could be the perfect opportunity.

I'll check out Sanchez aswell. He seems to be highly rated by many, but I've never had him before.

Just wondering how you all think it's best to use Ronaldo. He was a bit average up until Christmas, but then I gave him a free role, plenty of creative freedom and licence to attack. Aswell as focusing passing down the right flank, and it seems to have worked as he's getting plenty of assists, but just not scoring 30 odd goals a season!

First Team

woozva.jpg

Tactics

wooc.jpg

I have Adriano (Inter Milan guy) coming for free next season, along with Marquinhos for £6m. Bar that no-one else coming in bar any good regens. Keirrison was bought then sent on loan because he didn't score for 15 games >_<. I'm doing poorly in the Premier League. First season - 4th, this season looking like 5th.

I believe my side is quite good, and maybe it's just that they haven't gelled enough yet, but I can't get enough goals and have lost 1-0 and then drawn 0-0 with Cardiff City, lost 3-2 to Wolves and lost 3-0 to Bolton. Embarassing really. I can't stay up near top.

On the other hand, I do well in the Champions League, won it last year and look like I will again this year.

The difference in this line up is that Camacho usually plays at DM and Hamsik at MC.

Any ideas on where to improve or how?

I'll post my tactic and reserve + youth teams if needed.

I would suggest that you change the forward run of Tosic and Ronaldo to mixed so that your DMC and MC can link with them.

Post your tactic as well so that people here will have more info to help you. CheerS!

Do you use global setting or individual one? I usually play like the screenshot I post, take a look on that.

manchesterunited3.jpg

englishpremierdivision2.jpg

The reason I recommend you to give mixed forward run to your wingers is to avoid unnecessary move to the front while the defensive players couldn't link with the front men, just like I do for my team, all mixed forward run except DCs with rare.

If you are playing attacking football then you need to play wide. If you get counter attack from a long ball of goalkeeper then you may reduce your defensive line to as high as your DCs' mentality. Try to use rare timewasting, I have been comparing rarely and mixed, my team play and attack better if I used rare timewasting.

I give my DRL and DCs last notch of short, MRL with last notch of mixed, MCa and FCa with last notch of mixed and MCd and FCd with 1st or 2nd notch of direct passing.

I like to focus on the passing so that my team can link well together. You may check your recent games and see how much pass completion of your team.

I have seen your post at another thread. I think you have enough talent in the squad so you may make full use of your players instead of buying the new one to replace the current. I would prefer to play Alexis Sanchez rather than Tosic as Alexis Sanchez is a more complete player for me. You may try my suggestions above and state out every problem that you faced, I think managers here are ready to help :-)

Hi guys, currently looking for a new forward for the future. Hopefully a worldbeater. Looking at either Aguero or Benzema. Have about 40m to spend. Anyone have any recommendations as to who's the better buy? (would help if you could list down the prices you got them for)

I already have Balotelli, but prefer to play him as AMR. Also, does anyone know if Huntelaar is a good backup TM for Berba, or does someone else fit the bill better?

Thanks much!

i updated with gaz's update for transfers and sold hargreaves o shea brown kuzack foster flecther owen berbatov and bought few good players this is my team

akinfeev/asenjo

evra vidic rio/fazio srna

camancho anderson

nani silva/tosic/valencia

rooney aguero/fleck

Hi guys, currently looking for a new forward for the future. Hopefully a worldbeater. Looking at either Aguero or Benzema. Have about 40m to spend. Anyone have any recommendations as to who's the better buy? (would help if you could list down the prices you got them for)

I already have Balotelli, but prefer to play him as AMR. Also, does anyone know if Huntelaar is a good backup TM for Berba, or does someone else fit the bill better?

Thanks much!

Benzema for me is the better striker, Huntelaar is a good player but I guess it depends on the price you can get him for?

I have seen your post at another thread. I think you have enough talent in the squad so you may make full use of your players instead of buying the new one to replace the current. I would prefer to play Alexis Sanchez rather than Tosic as Alexis Sanchez is a more complete player for me. You may try my suggestions above and state out every problem that you faced, I think managers here are ready to help :-)

I tried the tactics and Sanchez like you said. Did alright in a 2-0 win over Villa. Just that Vidic and Danny scored. Ideally I want my strikers to get the goals.

Finished 5th and only qualified for the Euro Cup, which is embarassing. I'll lighten my squad and hopefully next season goes well.

Might buy Fazio, Mata, Aguero, Benzeama, someone like that as they seem really good.

Benzema for me is the better striker, Huntelaar is a good player but I guess it depends on the price you can get him for?

Thanks, but it seems no matter how much i seem to bid for Benzema in the first season, Lyon still won't sell. Well i managed to get Real to agree to loan Huntelaar to me, but he doesn't wanna come. Guess my only other option is Rossi, seeing as how Vela would be too expensive due to rivalry.

I might sign Mario Gomez for £25m as Lyon won't accept £40m for Benzema and Athletico keep raising the price of Aguero (gone £40m now). I have £72m, but spending around £8m on regens (look really good). So with £64m, any recommendations on whom to buy? I'll post my team if you want - it's changed alot since last time.

Hey i'm currently in my 5th season, the farthest ive ever got on an offline game (last game got corrupted). I have won the Prem title 4 seasons in a row same with the Champions League where the finals seems to be the easiest game of the competition. Won FA cup in 2009 and runner up in 2011 and league cup in 2010 and 2012.

Here is my squad and the regens in it, i was hoping to get some help because for some reason i'm starting to struggle to keep the title

manchesterunited9.png

1marcotomei.png

19victorkhomutov.png

21johnhogg.png

I need some opinions here - who is the better keeper, Mandanda or Akinfeev?

Akinfeev has made several costly errors and it's becoming tiresome. Mandanda on the other hand is getting unhappy at sitting on the bench, but when he has played, he's looked solid.

Akinfeev's stats look a bit better though, but I'm not sure - which keeper does everyone prefer?

Mario Gomez £25m

Benzema £50m+?

Aguero £50m+?

Who should I sign? Gomez is ready to move to me but Lyon want around £80m for Bemzema and Atletico won't pick a price for Aguero (upped from £37m to £42m like they wanted and they upped it to £45m). I have £72m, perhaps £80m with selling Danny - so what do I do? Stick with Gomez for £25m or splash nearly £50m for Aguero or Benzema?

I need some opinions here - who is the better keeper, Mandanda or Akinfeev?

Akinfeev has made several costly errors and it's becoming tiresome. Mandanda on the other hand is getting unhappy at sitting on the bench, but when he has played, he's looked solid.

Akinfeev's stats look a bit better though, but I'm not sure - which keeper does everyone prefer?

Akinfeev :thup:

That's some youth squad Mooono.

Anyone had any good experience with Rodrigo Possebon? He's come back on loan from Braga in the 2nd season and he's looking pretty good and has got the 'Dubbed the new Kaka' tag. He's currently being mentored by Patrick Vieira who I bought purely as I think he's one of the mentors in the game. He's still only 20 and has decent passing, creativity, technique and determination already for a midfielder.

possebon.jpg

I'm sure there are better prospects out there but I'm trying to develop the existing youth players like Welbeck, the Da Silva's, Matt James etc and don't want to buy all the usual suspects again.

Well managed to hold out, Aguero got a new contract and I got him for £39.5m. Benzema was looking at around £70m, and he's not worth £30.5m more that Aguero IMHO. Oh well.

This is my current First Team - Adriano is going out on loan, perhaps Anderson, Aquino and Keirrison too. No more coming in bar perhaps Nani;

firstteam.jpg

Well so far I've only played 3 pre-season games. Beat Antwerp and some Japanese team, and drew with an Italian team. I'll be taking over for the remaining pre-season game so I can make sure Sanchez gets his games as my Ass Man seems to like playing Tosic instead.

Archived