FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

7zige, many people are frustrated with Rooney but he is performing well for me. I used the tactic I post at post 4849, just 3 posts above. I played him at the left ST position and he has so far scored 30 goals and 7 assists in total with 5 EPL matches to go and semi final of UCL. Maybe you can give it a try and see how is Rooney performing.

Ronaldo's stats dropped? Did you play him in every matches?

Not every due to the fact that his fitness is seldom 97++ but still considered a lot..and my rooney stats had dropped to :(

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This says it all

ronaldordw.jpg

Rooney's bad form had caused me to lose my top spot in the bpl to arsenal...and i have my last chance going to emirates to beat them in order to regain top spot with few games remaining..sigh..i think i might not save it and start from the point i last saved the game wakakaka(cruel)

My 5th season has started brightly. I easily got into the group stages of the Europa League, and have been drawn in a ridiculously easy group :p

100% start in the league as well, with a +11 GD from 3 games :D

The great news is that my team is banging in the goals, with Vagner Love, Rooney and Balotelli all on form.

First game as England manager coming up now as well :D Called up Mark Beevers and another young prospect I have in my team :D

Hi. I'm in my fourth season at united and i've got a good team. But I'm getting a little confused on which formation to play and wether i need any centre mids. Sorry but at the moment i can't upload pics as I've given the cd to a friend.

Squad

GK

Mandanda

Carrizo

Def

Rafael

Zapata

Ferdinand

Vidic

Evans

Evra

Guardado

A brilliant LB/AmL Regen

Mid

Ronaldo

Messi

Nani

Arshavin

Pirlo

Carrick

Fletcher

St

Rooney

Tevez

Aguero

Berbatov

Balotelli

Saivet

I still have around 40m $ to spend so whom should i buy if anybody. Also what formation would be best with this team.

Thanks.

I thought you didn't need the CD? I don't, it runs without it. I thought that was what the whole registration was about.

Personally, I like using CMs, as it offers both protection to the defence and a foothold for the attack. Players like Carrick hold the ball well, and I imagine Pirlo is even better at spraying passes. I can only assume you inted to use:

-------DM-------

AMR--AMC--AML

If so, that will probably be fine, especially with your team :D

I dunno. I never tried without the Cd. I just assumed it needed it.

I tried the 4-1-3-2 in pre season but it wasn't great. I had a brilliant season playing a 4-2-2-2 with messi and ronaldo switching wings but towards the end i was getting beat in the midfield. I bought pirlo to shore it up but he isn't poerforming in the cm role alongside arshavin ( who i retrained to play there and is absolutely brilliant). Playing a 4-2-2-2 without messi i won the community shield but got dominated by arsenal.

So now i'm confused. In'08 my favorite formation was a 3-2-3-2 but without the arrows that i used that formation is too narrow in the defence.

By the way, how much would de rossi cost?

I offered 76 mill $ for him but roma rejected. Then i went and bought pirlo. But his physical stats are declining.

By the way managing united and england is awesome. Rooney was terrible for me before i became England manager but the season i did he scored 35 goals.

Is anyone else having a problem getting consistency from their strikers. They score for 5 games and then suffer a goal drought for 7.

Thanks for the help, Braun.

I offered 76 mill $ for him but roma rejected. Then i went and bought pirlo. But his physical stats are declining.

By the way managing united and england is awesome. Rooney was terrible for me before i became England manager but the season i did he scored 35 goals.

Is anyone else having a problem getting consistency from their strikers. They score for 5 games and then suffer a goal drought for 7.

Thanks for the help, Braun.

I have that too, especially with rooney, sometimes with tevez, aguero the least..lucky there's always ronaldo to cover their ass...but in FM10, sigh..Hope obertan's PA doesnt change

The worst part is that Berbatov is so unreliable that I can't even bring myself to substitute him in. So when Rooney or Tevez don't play well I have a problem.

Seriously in my game Vidic scores more than Berbatov.

But hopefully Aguero will change that. And my last season was brilliant so I shouldn't complain.

The worst part is that Berbatov is so unreliable that I can't even bring myself to substitute him in. So when Rooney or Tevez don't play well I have a problem.

Seriously in my game Vidic scores more than Berbatov.

But hopefully Aguero will change that. And my last season was brilliant so I shouldn't complain.

U should have sold him in the 2nd season, which i did for 28 million to barcelona..buy fleck and saivet, they will turn out wonderful

I have Saivet and Balotelli and Welbeck. I really want to get rid of Berbatov but no one wants him.

On another note, I did some good business these last 2 years. Transfers are probably my favorite part of the game.

I have Saivet and Balotelli and Welbeck. I really want to get rid of Berbatov but no one wants him.

On another note, I did some good business these last 2 years. Transfers are probably my favorite part of the game.

LOL his wages will eat some part of you club's finance...Sell him as cheaply as possible..8-10 million will do fine

Its strange but United seem to be enormously rich in my game. My fourth season transfer budget was 140m $ and wage budget was 3.4 m$.

I also top the rich list. Even So, I don't get all the money I make on transfers added to the budget.

Its strange but United seem to be enormously rich in my game. My fourth season transfer budget was 140m $ and wage budget was 3.4 m$.

I also top the rich list. Even So, I don't get all the money I make on transfers added to the budget.

Because you win top prizes like CL and BPL? Along with tv revenue(it is a lot when u perform well) and selling shirts whenever u buy a world class player

I wasn't saying that i was surprised that the club was rich but that with a 100m balance, I sold a player for 76 mill more but only received 60 mill of it. I found it strange that even though the bank balance was double the transfer fund, I still didn't receive full money from the sale of a player.

Question, how are people aquiring Messi? I'm in my fourth season and even offering £60m didn't work. My first team is up at the top of this page. I have Rooney, Benzema, Aguero and Ronaldo but I really want Messi.

I would play Aguero and Benzema up front, Ronaldo AMR, Messi AML and Rooney AMC with Hamsik and Camacho at MC, Vidic at DC and Sakho and Srna at LB and RB.

So would anyone be kind enough to tell me how they got Messi? I have £42m to spend even in Jan, with Eto'o going soon for £15m.

Mooono, Messi signs a new contract every year I think. In the third year, he signs one with a minimum fee release clause of just £35.5 million. However, at the end of season 3, he signs another new contract, with a high MFRC. You have to take your opportunity, otherwise he's really expensive.

All I can say is try to unsettle him, or get on his favoured personnel list. Make sure he's on your shortlist, so you're updated on his contract if it changes.

On my Man Utd game, I sit in second after 9 games. I have won 7 and lost 2, having just lost against Liverpool despite dominating :(

Alright guys, me again after more advice. I finished the first season just 4 points short of Chelsea, who also knocked me out the FA Cup. Juve knocked me out the Champions League in the quarters. I won all the other 4 trophies though.

Anyway, after much rebuilding, this is my current squad;

GK - Akinfeev, Turnbull

LB - Evra, De Ceglie

RB - Azpilicueta, Johnson

CB - Ferdinand, Rusol

CB - Evans, Caceres

CM - Veloso, Sissoko

CM - Toulalan, Carrick

AML - Nani, Vela

AMR - Ronaldo, Obasi

CAM - Hamsik, Nasri

ST - Rooney, Adebayor

Plenty of other youngsters etc, but that is my main 22 man squad.

Really regretting selling Vidic. I got £20m plus Nasri and Vela, but him and Ferdinand were my rocks, and Evans isn't yet the finished article, whilst Rusol and Caceres aren't world class. I've just started November though, so will be signing a world class defender in January. Should have around £30m if anyone has any recommendations on a suitable partner for Rio.

Just after some advice on my misfiring strikers. Anyone have any tips on how to get either of them scoring more regularly. I have tried them both as target man, with ball played into feet, but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Any ideas? Nani, Hamsik and Ronaldo have been awesome, and are my three top scorers, with nearly 20 goals between them.

Looking at a world class CB, and maybe an AML.

Well for AML I play Tosic, but dunno if you have him. Otherwise, try Guardado, Zhirkov, Sanchez, Albin. For DC, Sakho, Zapata.

I sold him for £15m plus a 40% sell on fee mate. Tosic did well when he played, but the fee I got was too good to turn down, as he was only back up to Nani. I've a few targets for AML though, it's CB which is the much more pressing concern.

Zapata and Sakho have both been snapped up by other members of my network game. What do people think of Albiol?

This says it all

ronaldordw.jpg

Rooney's bad form had caused me to lose my top spot in the bpl to arsenal...and i have my last chance going to emirates to beat them in order to regain top spot with few games remaining..sigh..i think i might not save it and start from the point i last saved the game wakakaka(cruel)

Hey 7zige, now your Ronaldo stats still drop? Finally I got 35 goals and 7 assists in 53 matches from Rooney. The highest ever scoring record I have since I play FM09, not a huge news compared to others but I am glad with it. So I would say that Rooney is able to perform, I think you need to change your setting for Rooney and best play him at left ST. Whom to play besides him and the support from other players to Rooney are important as well.

Who is your strike duo?

Hey guys I have try a 4-4-2 tactic based on how Man Utd played but there is still weaknesses to be overcome. I hope you all can download it and feel free to try it. Please tell me anything that you all discover.

(Instead of posting it at Tactics and Training Tips where I need to describe the tactic, I think here is more suitable to seek for help.)

This is the link:

http://www.zshare.net/download/646793932570d694/

Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance.

Finally I get Rooney to perform like what I expect from him. I want him to carry the role of main goalscorer and he done it already for a few season and of course the total goals is increasing from year to year.

10waynerooney.jpg

I hope that I can get more from him in the coming seasons. Another reason that he can score lots is the great support from his team mates. It is possible to get the best from Rooney. To other managers here, you can get good performance from Rooney as I do or even better than mine.

Hey 7zige, now your Ronaldo stats still drop? Finally I got 35 goals and 7 assists in 53 matches from Rooney. The highest ever scoring record I have since I play FM09, not a huge news compared to others but I am glad with it. So I would say that Rooney is able to perform, I think you need to change your setting for Rooney and best play him at left ST. Whom to play besides him and the support from other players to Rooney are important as well.

Who is your strike duo?

I have tevez, aguero and saivet all rotating with each other

Question, how are people aquiring Messi? I'm in my fourth season and even offering £60m didn't work. My first team is up at the top of this page. I have Rooney, Benzema, Aguero and Ronaldo but I really want Messi.

I would play Aguero and Benzema up front, Ronaldo AMR, Messi AML and Rooney AMC with Hamsik and Camacho at MC, Vidic at DC and Sakho and Srna at LB and RB.

So would anyone be kind enough to tell me how they got Messi? I have £42m to spend even in Jan, with Eto'o going soon for £15m.

I got him in the third season when he had a 60m$ release clause. He said he wasn't interested but I offered him a contract for 250k$ p week and he accepted.

Alright guys, me again after more advice. I finished the first season just 4 points short of Chelsea, who also knocked me out the FA Cup. Juve knocked me out the Champions League in the quarters. I won all the other 4 trophies though.

Anyway, after much rebuilding, this is my current squad;

GK - Akinfeev, Turnbull

LB - Evra, De Ceglie

RB - Azpilicueta, Johnson

CB - Ferdinand, Rusol

CB - Evans, Caceres

CM - Veloso, Sissoko

CM - Toulalan, Carrick

AML - Nani, Vela

AMR - Ronaldo, Obasi

CAM - Hamsik, Nasri

ST - Rooney, Adebayor

Plenty of other youngsters etc, but that is my main 22 man squad.

Really regretting selling Vidic. I got £20m plus Nasri and Vela, but him and Ferdinand were my rocks, and Evans isn't yet the finished article, whilst Rusol and Caceres aren't world class. I've just started November though, so will be signing a world class defender in January. Should have around £30m if anyone has any recommendations on a suitable partner for Rio.

Just after some advice on my misfiring strikers. Anyone have any tips on how to get either of them scoring more regularly. I have tried them both as target man, with ball played into feet, but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Any ideas? Nani, Hamsik and Ronaldo have been awesome, and are my three top scorers, with nearly 20 goals between them.

Looking at a world class CB, and maybe an AML.

At AmL Guardado and Zhirkov are excellent and Srna can play there as well. Silva is probably the best after Messi but he will be really expensive. Also many good regens seem to be left sided in the game.

For Cb try Demicheles, Barzagli, Micah Richards.

Cheers for the advice guys. My main concern is the lack of goals from the strikers though. Do any of you have any specific player instructions that seem to help? I have either Rooney or Adebayor as my target man, with ball played into feet. Also have them making forward runs often, and running with ball often. Have my AML and AMR crossing often, and aiming crosses at the target man. It doesn't seem to work. Nani, Ronaldo and Hamsik have all scored more than Adebayor and Rooney so far, and I'm at the end of October 09.

Cheers for the advice guys. My main concern is the lack of goals from the strikers though. Do any of you have any specific player instructions that seem to help? I have either Rooney or Adebayor as my target man, with ball played into feet. Also have them making forward runs often, and running with ball often. Have my AML and AMR crossing often, and aiming crosses at the target man. It doesn't seem to work. Nani, Ronaldo and Hamsik have all scored more than Adebayor and Rooney so far, and I'm at the end of October 09.

woolfc, you may try my tactic and see. You can get my instruction for my striker here.

http://www.zshare.net/download/646793932570d694/

I have post a screenshot of Rooney and that is the result of my setting for him. Cheers. Hope it's helping.

Anyone got suggestions on how to get good money from pre-season games?

I play two tours so far in America and Japan due to my current feeder teams, perhaps soon in China too if I get my way. But when thats done, I only get games at Notts County and Huddersfield away so I make no money really.

I wanna make money against Real Madrid and Barcelona, perhaps a tournament? But no matter who I ask they always say no. I only have the Prem loaded, no other leagues, and still no one accepts.

Also, I make perhaps £10-14m-a-month in Income but £16-20m in Expenditure. How do I get this to go down so I can perhaps make a profit during the season?

Anyone got suggestions on how to get good money from pre-season games?

I play two tours so far in America and Japan due to my current feeder teams, perhaps soon in China too if I get my way. But when thats done, I only get games at Notts County and Huddersfield away so I make no money really.

I wanna make money against Real Madrid and Barcelona, perhaps a tournament? But no matter who I ask they always say no. I only have the Prem loaded, no other leagues, and still no one accepts.

Also, I make perhaps £10-14m-a-month in Income but £16-20m in Expenditure. How do I get this to go down so I can perhaps make a profit during the season?

Unforunately the only way to make a lot of money with United is by winning BPL and Champions League.

Don't worry too much. You will lose about 13m$ every month but in the end of the season usually merchandise and tv revenue makes up for it. Success is however very important.

Well I won the UEFA Cup and Prem last season, on course to win League Cup, FA Cup, Prem and Champions League this season. Hopefully if I win three of the four it will net me some good money. I might do a tour of America, Japan, China and then South Africa, then finish with a game against Antwerp or something.

Narrowly missed out on the Premiership this year, could've won it had I beaten top of the league Man City, but lost 2-1. I'm still pleased with 3rd, as it is an improvement on last year. Good performances all round, and I've made a fair bit of money as well. Won the league cup, and I'm in the Europa Cup final against Inter.

Okay I have a problem. I just signed aguero this season in july and in august all of his stats (finishing, pace, acceleratiion, passing, creativity etc) have dropped by 2 points. What do I do? Aguero was brilliant earlier but his stats have just fallen. Apparently he has done badly in Ball control training.

Okay I have a problem. I just signed aguero this season in july and in august all of his stats (finishing, pace, acceleratiion, passing, creativity etc) have dropped by 2 points. What do I do? Aguero was brilliant earlier but his stats have just fallen. Apparently he has done badly in Ball control training.

Check whether your ball control coaches are correctly chosen. Increase the training part that you want for him and play him regularly rather rotation. A few basic steps and I think these are the only ways.

Archived