FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

This is my current coaching staff. Its huge but i get 7 star ratings in everything.

manutdcoachingstaff7sta.th.png

These are Aguero's Stats. I can't believe how much he dropped. He looks average now.

manutdaguerostatsdrop.th.png

On a brighter note, here's a regen( ithink) that i found. He looks brillianty at LB and AML.

manutdregenvadimgubarev.th.png

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sidnv, the problem happened to your Aguero is quite similar to some of my players. Their stats are dropping uncontrollable while there is no way to solve it. I wonder whether others who used different training schedule, face this problem or not.

Nevrin, did the stats ever return? Aguero's stats seem to be coming back. His creativity has risen.

Amazingly despite the Aguero situation and despite the fact that Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov have managed to get themselves injured for 1 month +, I have won 5 out of 5 including one game away at chelsea. The only other team with a perfect record is Spurs. I swithced to short passing and Pirlo has been unbelievable.

They stats have risen, but not as much as the time the stats dropped. I mean when the stats dropped, they could be in many different area, but the rise only limit to a few of area only. This is difficult especially during the pre-season where the players are going for holidays. Sometimes increase of stats in a whole season can't even match the decrease just during the pre-season.

I am currently having Rooney, Berbatov and Benzema as my main strikers. However Benzema is like injury-prone. He always get some knocks in a match, causing him unable to finish the match or get some goals as I will sub him. I am not sure whether this happens to any players randomly as in my previous save, Rooney is the victim.

Managed to hold off Liverpool and Arsenal in a tight title race to take the league in the 2nd season:

Table-1.jpg

Have resisted the urge to sign all the usual suspects with Ben Arfa the only genuinely established world class player I'd brought in. Given the youngsters a good run of games, with Evans, Rafael, Fabio, Possebon, Gibson, etc all getting a fair run of games. Douglas Costa also had a very promising season and has reached wonderkid status. Had an unfortunate 5-4 agg defeat to Real Madrid in the CL and Arsenal on pens in the FA cup final after battering them both. Did pick up the league cup though.

Giggs, Scholes, Neville and VDS have all retired and I've brought in Moutinho after he scored 20 goals for Villa and David Silva and Renan from Valencia, plus a smattering of youngsters. Just had an 11M bid for Fraizer Campbell that I'm more than pleased to accept.

What's the highest number of 1st team scorers you've managed in one season? I had 23 which is probably my highest ever:

squad-2.jpg

Started a new save the other day:

Had a major clear-out of my staff. Sold Ji-Sung Park to Sunderland, Michael Carrick to Villarreal and Carlos Tevez to Bayern. Players I brought in were Daniel Alves, Wesley Sneijder, Arjen Robben, Ignacio Camacho and Michael Owen. Plus Henri Saviet, John Fleck and Eden Hazard as the top youngsters.

Was drawn in the Champions League group alongside Rangers, Shaktar and Roma and I didn't even qualify! Finished 3rd thus entered the "UEFA" Cup (which I won comfortably against Valencia in the Final 3-0)

Slightly inconsistent in the league before christmas. Sneijder was the main man creating and scoring many. Berbatov partnered Rooney up front but wasn't scoring - Owen went over 1000 minutes without finding the net so a striker was my priority once the season came to an close. After christmas, my players kicked into gear. The midfield of Robben, Fletcher, Sneijder, Ronaldo was just immense. Berbatov ended up with 17 goals - 10 in the league. Ronaldo scored 29 - 15 in the league. Sneijder got 16 - 14 in the league and Rooney got 29 - 18 in the league.

I ended up winning the League ahead of Man City, with 3 points separating us. Also won the F.A Cup (along with the Community Shield, Super Cup and World Club Championship) so all in all, a pretty good season.

During the summer, I let Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs go for free. John O'Shea signed for Newcastle. Zoran Tosic was sold to Barcelona, Tomasz Kuszczak was shipped to Galatasaray, Fraizer Campbell to Hull and Nani to Chelsea.

The players I brought in to replace those were Iker Casillas (became disgruntled at Real Madrid due to treatment of teammate!) - £29m saw that happen. Karim Benzema was signed from Lyon for £40m. Douglas Costa was brought in from Gremio as a replacement for Nani - £11.75m. Fabian Monzon was signed from Boca Juniors to provide competition for Patrice Evra, he cost £7.5m. Arguably the most controversial transfers were Francesc Fabregas (became unhappy at Arsenal) and Gerard Pique from Barcelona. £25.5m and £8.5m respectively.

I have agreed to sign Giuseppe Rossi for £17m next summer as I plan to offload Berbatov and Owen, along with Hargreaves and Ferdinand.

My first team looks like this:

Goalkeepers:

Iker Casillas

Ben Foster (Unhappy)

Defenders:

Dani Alves

Gerard Pique

Nemanja Vidic

Patrice Evra

Rio Ferdinand

Wes Brown

Fabian Monzon

Wes Brown

Midfield:

Cristiano Ronaldo

Arjen Robben

Wesley Sneijder

Darren Fletcher

Francesc Fabregas

Anderson

Owen Hargreaves

Ignacio Camacho

Douglas Costa

Strikers:

Wayne Rooney

Karim Benzema

Dimitar Berbatov

Michael Owen

Still trying to find the best positions for Eden Hazard and Henri Saviet. They are able to play on either flank and up front.

anyone got any advice / player instructions for berbatov & rooney pairing to excel together .. cant get them to work with each other well in big matches ! any advice?

Your guess is as good as mine. They just don't seem to gell. Fortunately, my goals are coming from Rooney, Robben, Sneijder and Ronaldo!

anyone got any advice / player instructions for berbatov & rooney pairing to excel together .. cant get them to work with each other well in big matches ! any advice?

Berbatov -

High mentality, 14-16 creative freedom, passing mixed, forward runs often, run with ball mixed or often, long shots rarely, through balls often, cross ball rarely. You can tick HUB or free role, up to you.

Rooney -

Low mentality, 12-15 creative freedom, passing mixed/short, forward runs mixed/often, run with ball often, long shots rarely, through balls often, cross ball rarely. You can tick free role, up to you.

How do you get Fabregas? I offered Arsenal 100m$ for him but they didn't consider the offer.

The first time I've ever signed him to be honest.

He was unhappy at Arsenal due to their league position (although they did end up in 4th place). I unsettled him by saying how great he was and that I was interested in signing him, and the deal was done.

There was a downside though...Darron Gibson became unhappy! haha!

manutdteam.png

Guys, I have a slight dilema :O

Look at my strikers, who should I play?

I'll post my tactic if needed.

Frankly, I like the strike force I have, and like to play Benzema and Aguero up front. I'm trying to upset Messi and Fabregas too.

Another problem is where can I improve? I'll sell Srna after next season is over along with perhaps Vidic, and I think Rafael and my regen Madden can take over for RB, and Evans and Zapata for CB and frankly I think my team doesn't need any changes.

Help?

BTW, does giving a player new position will increase his chances of his stats being dropped? I trained Ronaldo as a striker on my last save and his stats dropped a bit...Too much of training perhaps? If I am not mistaken, adapting a new position increase training workload

manutdteam.png

Guys, I have a slight dilema :O

Look at my strikers, who should I play?

I'll post my tactic if needed.

Frankly, I like the strike force I have, and like to play Benzema and Aguero up front. I'm trying to upset Messi and Fabregas too.

Another problem is where can I improve? I'll sell Srna after next season i over along with perhaps Vidic, and I think Rafael and my regen Madden can take over for RB, and Evans and Zapata for CB and frankly I think my team doesn't need any changes.

Help?

Rooney and Aguero...or and benzema with 3 strikers...The rest can warm the bench :D

How good is ur Rafael? Mind posting up a screenshot of him?

Does he need free roles? High creativity? Foward runs often? Run with ball often? I had kroos on my other save, he is wonderful but giving him free roles isnt always helpful, sometimes he got skinned

Ticking free role simply asks a player to look to move into space. Just have him on a low mentality with quite alot of creative freedom, run with ball often and try through balls on often.

I'd love to have Fabregas, Villa, Casillas and Sneijder, but none like me :(

Keep trying mate. I was fortunate that Casillas and Fabregas were both unhappy at their respective clubs.

I do have a dilemma as all my centre mids are performing well, apart from Hargreaves whom I'm freezing out. Same with Owen.

Sneijder is prolific and scores long range scorchers. Fletcher is beginning to weight in with goals but is dominant in the centre. Fabregas, well, he's Fabregas and Anderson is improving all the time.

Robben gets goals on the right, Ronaldo gets them from the left and Rooney alongside Benzema or Berbatov up front also get goals. Pique and Vidic are starting to grab goals from corners since I've changed their settings so all is well.

Giuseppe Rossi to arrive in the summer for £17m. Owen's contract is up and I shan't be renewing it - he's been awful! With Welbeck, Saviet and Hazard waiting in the wings, plus with Ronaldo being able to play up top - I am thinking of offloading Berbatov in the summer too. What do you guys think? Should I, shouldn't I?

Yeah I'm leaning towards offloading Berba to be honest. Rooney/Benzema/Rossi as my 3 main strikers. With Welbeck, Saviet and Hazard as back-up seems more than good enough. Going to see how Macheda performs in the reserves from now until the end of the season to see whether he warrants some first team pre-season games.

Camacho is stepping up now which is excellent to see. I think I have too many central mids so Hargreaves will be offloaded in the summer. Foster keeps complaining and with Casillas in goal, I'll sell him too and just bring in a young keeper who'll be happy to play 2nd fiddle for a few years.

Gerard Pique has cemented his play alongside Vidic so Ferdinand may be offloaded. Brown has done well when stepping in for Dani Alves but with Fletcher being re-trained for the right-back berth, and considering Brown's age, I may let him go too. I've been watching Ryan Shawcross and he's improving so I may bring him back to Old Trafford.

For RB I got Srna, and for CB try Zapata - both v.good for me. Also, if you get rid of Hargreaves, try to get Marik Hamsik - immense in my game. First choice MC.

I usually play Aguero and Benzema myself, with Rooney at AML and Ronaldo at AMR, thus I have Keirrison, Aquino, Sanchez, Welbeck and other young ST as back ups. Might sell Aquino.

24brw9c.jpg

An inspired substitution!! Desperate for the win against an Arsenal side chasing me for the title. 1-1 with 4 minutes to go...Fletcher comes on Vidic and scores in the 93rd minute!!

*Oh, and Fabregas!!*

With so much interest in Patrice Evra, I've been searching for a good young left back in case bids get to a stage where David Gill accepts one.

Came across 'Ronny' of Sporting Lisbon - who have a few good young players - and, for me, he looks like a good prospect, but my latest scout report is telling me to stay clear of this player(?)

2vnpdsx.jpg

What do you guys think?

I'll scout him now but his contract is running out on mine, and at £7.5k-a-week I'll take the punt. Frankly he looks quite good on yours. How much would it take to buy him?

Also, whats your view on Simon Kjaer and Cristian Zapata? I have both but don't like 'em all that much.

Hmm. For £6m I wouldn't. Too much for too little of a player. I personally like Marcelo from R.Madrid.

Yeah, Zapata is better than Kjaer but both of them don't really feature for me. I have Evans, Vidic and Sakho for CB. So should I sell one or both perhaps?

I've signed Douglas Costa, what are his best tactics?

I think he works best behind a lone front man as an AMC. His crossing isn't really good enough to have him on the wing. Plenty of creative freedom, run with ball often with long shots rarely. He creates havoc picking the ball in deep positions and running at defenders - scored goal of the season as an 18 year old for me picking it up 35 yards from goal and surging past 3 opponents.

Yeah I'll think I'll wait and see how he is in 12-18 months or so.

I'd sell both to be honest. Try scouting Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Benedikt Howedes and Jan Simunek - see how they are on your game. The latter 2 have 4 star ratings after 1 1/2 seasons on my game.

Just goes to show that each game is different I suppose.

I'm actually thinking of offloading Evans too, now. He's only featured in about 5/6 games all season (currently end of January 2010).

Jack Rodwell has just agreed to join me in the summer for £2.5m, a good deal for an 18 year old!

i just won all the cups except league cup.

into 2nd season right now and i think i can do better with my squad.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2905/squad.jpg

looking to offload maybe berbs / tevez / hargo / gibson

any rec?

First off, Ronaldo plays AMR, Tosic AML - so I have no idea why you have it that way round.

With the formation your playing, if you sell Berba and Tevez, you need a Pandev or Keirrison as Paloshi, Tafer and Welbeck are too young. Or perhaps get Van Der Vaart or Forestieri for AMC and push Rooney up to ST.

I would sell Hargreaves and Gibson - definately. Bring in Hamsik and Camacho - definately Camacho though.

To have them cutting in maybe?

Your team looks good, but i'd recommend bringing in some better cover for your centre mids, camacho as mentioned before would be a great signing and usually he's got a low minimum fee release clause at athletico so shouldn't cost too much :thup:

Berbatov -

High mentality, 14-16 creative freedom, passing mixed, forward runs often, run with ball mixed or often, long shots rarely, through balls often, cross ball rarely. You can tick HUB or free role, up to you.

Rooney -

Low mentality, 12-15 creative freedom, passing mixed/short, forward runs mixed/often, run with ball often, long shots rarely, through balls often, cross ball rarely. You can tick free role, up to you.

hopey.. haha.. thnx for posting.. but can u post a more specific instructions that u use in ur games on them ? like u posted CF 14-16 but can u post exactly how many notch/clicks u give him in ur game? the berba run with ball mixed or often? do u give him tick for free role or HUB ? pls kindly post what u give berbatov and rooney when they pair up front together.. its easier for me :) thnx !

Yeah I think it makes sense. I have Ronaldo on the left and Robben on the right and they've been a joy so far! I appointed Ronaldo my Captain from the off and he's really stepped up to the plate. He hasn't scored as many goals this season as he did last, but I'm not too bothered about that. Would be nice to see him score a free-kick now and again.

Moono: Rodwell didn't turn out well for you? Thanks for the heads up mate. Definately going to get someone else in as well then. SUppose I'll just have to wait and see how good he turns out in the next 2, 3 or 4 years - if anything, at least I'll make a profit.

My concern for this summer is that the likes of Real, Barcelona, Chelsea and Inter - who have all been making bids, declaring interest etc etc in the likes of Evra, Vidic, Robben, Anderson, Fletcher and Ronaldo - come in with a real mega offer that David Gill accepts himself. They're 6 of my key players. Should I start looking for potential replacements in case the worst happens?

Look for replacements, but don't be too worried. Gill has never sold over my head before not even when Madrid offered 180m$ for Ronaldo. If you do sell Ronaldo and if messi is on a small release clause try offering him the max wages you can. You may be able to sign him.

In fact you should do that even if you don't sell Ronaldo.

The stats that Aguero had suddenly lost have come back. Hopefully he will start performing again.

Can someone post how good Anderson can become? He was rubbish for me so I sold him for a very low price.

If you have the money, go for Ibrahimovic. He is absolutely brilliant in the target man position. But he is a little old and will cost a lot of money.

Adebayor is also great in that role but again difficult to get. Unfortunately, I have never used Mario Gomez so i don't know about him.

In my opinion forget about getting a back up for Berbatov and try to sign Aguero or Benzema, They are guaranteed goals.

Archived