FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. Shall get straight to it!

I've now got Eden Hazard and Henri Saivet wanting to leave the clubs - too much competition for places!

No more competition than last season: Berbatov + Owen to Rossi + Pogrebnyak.

It's crazy! Suppose it can happen in real life though - although I doubt Wazza will go 800 minutes without scoring!

In terms of my my team (above). Like I've said, Foster, Brown, Hargreaves and Owen are definitely on their way. Brown wants a new challenge, Foster asked for a move and Owen's contract is up and has been a waste of space! I am going to offload Rio as well. With Rodwell coming in, I'm told he has the potential to be as good as Rio and with his wages not even in Rio's league - that'd save me money. James Chester has spent the season on loan and has done well, so I may promote him to the first team during Pre-season and see how he does.

I've agreed a fee with Chelsea for the goalkeeper, Enyeama - £7.5m. He's happy to be a back-up although I suspect by Christmas he'll be moaning!

Giuseppe Rossi is coming in for £17m, he'll take Michael Owen's place in the side but the dilemma's here:

Should I sell Dimitar Berbatov? The thing is, in both seasons so far, he's had a massive injury layoff (around 4 months per time) so he's missed almost half of the 2 seasons. He came back at the tail end of the season and grabbed the 3rd goal in the Champions League Final so I'm torn as to what I should do. I have Henri Saivet, Eden Hazard and Danny Welbeck waiting in the wings. Not to mention John Fleck!

Decisions, decisions!!

Im having same trouble with Rooney I play him with Benzema, I play Benzema as the fast target man with 15 mentality FWB and RWB often and Rooney with Mentality 11 RWB often and everything else mixed I have is CF at 16 but doest score benzema is banging them in 18 in 15 games. any help with Rooney?

£43m for Chiellini?! Jeez man! To an extent, I agree with your statement but what happens when injuries, suspensions and tiredness comes along?

have u seen how good chiellini is, probably the best defender in the game. i sold a 31 year old rio for £45.5m to barca and got a 25 year old chiellini for £43m. good business.

20 players is enough to cover all that. Thats nearly two teams.

have u seen how good chiellini is, probably the best defender in the game. i sold a 31 year old rio for £45.5m to barca and got a 25 year old chiellini for £43m. good business.

20 players is enough to cover all that. Thats nearly two teams.

are you one of those players who likes to get the best possibly team asap in the game?

not saying thats bad or anything but its always nice to have depth surely?

would you be able to prehaps upload it or are you one of those people who keeps tactics to theirself?

if so then thats cool and i wish you continuing luck

I've no problem with uploading it. I just can't remember how haha!

are you one of those players who likes to get the best possibly team asap in the game?

not saying thats bad or anything but its always nice to have depth surely?

yes i am, i want a "dream team". thing is i thin 20 players is enough depth. I mean i need 11 players and 7 subs to fill bench, so that allows me to have 2 injuries. even if i have 4 injuries, i can still get 5 players on the bench. say if i got a disaster and got like 6 injuries, i'd only have 3 subs but then i might dig a couple of 16 year old new gen out of my under 18's.

I only got like 2m budget. considering selling srna for 38m and then bringing in ashley young for 30m and another decent player for 10m.

evra is like 30 now, his value is 24m so i could get upto 48m for him. but need to see if i can find replacement.

yes i am, i want a "dream team". thing is i thin 20 players is enough depth. I mean i need 11 players and 7 subs to fill bench, so that allows me to have 2 injuries. even if i have 4 injuries, i can still get 5 players on the bench. say if i got a disaster and got like 6 injuries, i'd only have 3 subs but then i might dig a couple of 16 year old new gen out of my under 18's.

I only got like 2m budget. considering selling srna for 38m and then bringing in ashley young for 30m and another decent player for 10m.

evra is like 30 now, his value is 24m so i could get upto 48m for him. but need to see if i can find replacement.

fair enough

btw, before you buy players do you go on the data editor to check the players' potential ability.

i like to sign the -10's

Personally, I don't. I don't agree with playing the game that way, but each to their own.

Should change your name to Florentino Perez! :p

Archived