FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely you're there forever switching windows, searching, switching back and so on...

well i have an obsession with numbers, i got like a photographic memory when in comes to numbers, so before i load the game i will scout about 50 players and i wud be able to remember the abilities of all the players i scouted.

very cheap, his potential is 188 in my saved game as well.

i scouted, scout said they willing to accept no less than 16.5m, but i thought i'd offer 12m with room to negotiate but they just accepted.

He seems to improving quite well in my game too. Luckily for Arsenal, I have Ronaldo, Robben, Douglas Costa, Ljajic and Fleck!

btw, toni kroos can be bought for 7m at the start of the game. but need to offer him like 60k in wages.

Never been a fan of Kroos despite him having good stats.

transferszfj.jpg

This is how my transfers ended in the new save...My basic goal was to stopped mancity from buying their usual targets, although they

got srna and zhirkov...Had to sell carrick becoz wanted to develop hamsik with camacho and mancity were the only team willing to pay

21 million for him! Stopped mancity from getting valencia and vagner love too by bidding higher and cancelling their

deals(wakakakakaka evil me)..Interesting one is after they fail to get valencia, they are willing to go for park for 7.5million ROFL

Going to offload brown in january, and hopefully berbatov too(but he's perfomance is good so far)..Wanted to get Aguero and wilshere

but he is way expensive in the 1st season,sigh

Where should I play Aguero? In a 4-2-3-1 with the AMC role? or in a 4-2-2-2 as a striker?

Also, does anyone have a tactic for a 3-4-1-2 or 3-2-3-2 formation that works in '09? I have tried numerous tactics but nothing worked.

Thanks.

7zige why do you have 2 incoming deals for Hamsik. Is he co owned by Inter and Napoli? I tried what you did for Valencia with miguel veloso but he ended up going to liverpool.

God transfer business though. I would however have held on to park. You can sell him for 60m$ at the end of the first season to Madrid.

This is how my transfers ended in the new save...My basic goal was to stopped mancity from buying their usual targets, although they

got srna and zhirkov...Had to sell carrick becoz wanted to develop hamsik with camacho and mancity were the only team willing to pay

21 million for him! Stopped mancity from getting valencia and vagner love too by bidding higher and cancelling their

deals(wakakakakaka evil me)..Interesting one is after they fail to get valencia, they are willing to go for park for 7.5million ROFL

Going to offload brown in january, and hopefully berbatov too(but he's perfomance is good so far)..Wanted to get Aguero and wilshere

but he is way expensive in the 1st season,sigh

Haha. Had to laugh at that! Must admit, I have done that in the past. I find it boring that City are so predictable in each game - going for the same players!

City bought James Vaughan for over £30m in my game. Ok he's good but not that good. Rather dull 1-0 home win against Boro to kick off season three. Thought it was fizzling out to a 0-0 until Berbs picked up Hargreaves' pass 20 yards from goal, spun Wheater and chipped the keeper all in the blink of an eye. Don't understand why people are so keen to sell him, he's great!

The downside is that David Silva, Evra, Fleck, Douglas Costa, Ben Arfa and Welbeck have all picked up middling to serious injuries. Gives me a chance to shuffle the pack i suppose, Konstantin Rausch came in for a debut at left back due to Evra's injury and did well.

Where should I play Aguero? In a 4-2-3-1 with the AMC role? or in a 4-2-2-2 as a striker?

Also, does anyone have a tactic for a 3-4-1-2 or 3-2-3-2 formation that works in '09? I have tried numerous tactics but nothing worked.

Thanks.

7zige why do you have 2 incoming deals for Hamsik. Is he co owned by Inter and Napoli? I tried what you did for Valencia with miguel veloso but he ended up going to liverpool.

God transfer business though. I would however have held on to park. You can sell him for 60m$ at the end of the first season to Madrid.

yea hamsik was co-owned but PARK FOR 60M :eek::eek::eek: I think that doesnt happen to everyone..Actually i wanted to sell off hargo and fletcher, but they are big game players..And fletcher becomes my idol after he gunned down arshavin last week :D

Real Madrid have offered £50m for Anderson after I negotiated...

should I accept or is he worth keeping? :confused:

Depends on your squad and if you need the money or not, he's definitely a good player but £50m is a great deal, If you can get Hamsik or Moutinho for a good price I'd sell him.

Johnny Evans has played 43 games for Juve, he's got MoM 7 times and now has an average rating of 7.24 - at one point (35 games or so) his average rating was nearly 7.4..

He's my current squad:

2vcgq6d.jpg

Depends on your squad and if you need the money or not, he's definitely a good player but £50m is a great deal, If you can get Hamsik or Moutinho for a good price I'd sell him.

Johnny Evans has played 43 games for Juve, he's got MoM 7 times and now has an average rating of 7.24 - at one point (35 games or so) his average rating was nearly 7.4..

He's my current squad:

2vcgq6d.jpg

Amazing ratings from Rafael there, how do you play him?

Archived