FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started a new campaign with Man Utd. Only made two transfers in the opening window. I brought in Ignacio, promising young CM. And then brought in Kadlec on a free. Doubt he will make it into my first team but will sell years later :)

Just started a new campaign with Man Utd. Only made two transfers in the opening window. I brought in Ignacio, promising young CM. And then brought in Kadlec on a free. Doubt he will make it into my first team but will sell years later :)

Ignacio Camacho? If so, good buy.

Should've bought Fleck, Saivet, Hamsik

Srna too as Man Utd need a good RB.

Camacho, although quality, just cannot get into my side unless it's a Carling Cup game! Daren't leave out Sneijder, Fletcher or Fabregas!

Lol mate Camacho is a damn good player but i guess sneijder and fabregas are too much but definitely not fletcher...could you post his screenshot?

This game had the lot! An epic encounter involving Man Utd and...Wolves! haha!

Goals, goal mouth scrambles, red card, Ronaldo being elbowed in the face, players getting booked through protesting haha! Rossi and Benzema continuing there fine form...everything!

rvar7m.jpg

He's upped his game now! Back in the team!

Saviet is leaving on a Bosman, or has expressed he will do so I've transfer listed him!

Just came up against Hull, had Tevez and Berbatov out injured so I had to turn to Manucho of all people. He played amazing! 2 Goals and a rating of 8.5. Ended up 4-1. Not sure he would do that again, but we will see lol.

Hey... Just finished my first season with United and thought id let you all know how it went :) Things started well in my second season with a nice win over Fiorentine for the EURO Super Cup.

Ive removed some dead wood in the team and replaced them with some nice youngsters, giving united a good set of players for the next decade or so. I've also tried to add some experience to the squad with my biggest signing so far!

Here is the list of trophies etc i've won in the first year...

achievementsl.jpg

Here are the 08/09 transfers...

transfers0809.jpg

Here is the 08/09 league table...

leaguetablea.jpg

God knows... Just offered and they accepted! He wasnt doing too well at the time really and they must've needed the money :S im just happy he came :)

Just sold Berba for 25m to Barcelona... He scored a few for me last season but the 25m should fund a move for a bigger&better striker!

I'd recommend Aguero. 23 and 25 goals in last two seasons for me, and thats with maybe 30 games a season in all comps.

I have Aguero, Rooney, Benzema, Keirrison, Saivet and a good regen called Gunther, and yet still I'm going to nick Balotelli off R.Madrid. :D

It was always going to be Aguero/Benzema for me :) I love Tevez so I cant be selling him but somethings telling me ill be getting a lot of transfer money next season! Aguero it is :) Tevez is getting on a bit anyways.

Ill check Keirrison out, he can score loads at times...

Cheers though

Ahh yeahhh :) Would LOVE him to be on the left with Ronaldo on the right... Got too many wingers though! I need to get to bed, I have work at 6am tomorrow morning (this morning) lol

Yeah join the club, although I need to be up at 6!

"Just. One. More. Game."

Well, im not a united fan in real, i wont tell you which team I support it may result in death, but I think him going is a good&bad thing for united.

Good: 80 Million

Bad: They lost their best player, they havent spent the money wisely at all.

They lost Tevez and replaced him with Owen. They lost Ronaldo and replaced him with Valencia. Neither are players that will bring home the Champions League. They should've slapped a blank cheque on Bayerns front door for Ribery imo.

Archived