FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The weegie's update is out guys...Try it

Got one of the earlier updates this summer so might give the new one a miss. Think the budget was £50 or £60 million on that one too. Think my current game will be my last with United before FM10.

I take it Diouf isn't up to much for United?

Tom

Good signings there mate, seems like you've got a nice mix of youth and experience with the likes of Eto'o and Fleck. Sakho was a brilliant signing for that price, well done. Got to admit though, selling Carrick&Hargreaves wasnt the best idea. Carrick, in my first season, got the second highest average rating in the EPL with Srna topping it off. Ireland was an interesting buy, probably good enough to replace the likes of Carrick&Hargreaves but maybe not so much defensively minded and with a player like Anderson who you should give a semi-free role too you need a defensively minded CM I reckon. You mentioned its your first time with United so its probably important to experiment so good luck mate, let us know how it goes.

i am using chris's updates.... n i tink manu is perfect the way they r..... i onli bought 2 players... srna and hamsik, not bcos i reali wanted them more so man city cant buy them.... but i tink manchester united is one of the most complete team on the game.....

On Weegie second season, Real Madrid offer me Kaka for £33m. My central midfield is Toulalon and Hargreaves but I I think I'd play 3 in there if he joined. The question is would you pay £33m for Kaka baring in mind he'd replace Berbatov or Rooney's position in the team.

I would in a split second. Replace Kaka for Berbatov. :thup:

Id replace Berba, not Rooney! Kaka is definately the stand-out candidate for me over Berba. Foster doesnt look better no, but remember no stats have been altered in this update.

Oh right, I wasn't sure if they were changed or not.

Can't wait for FM10! When's the demo out? Haha :D

The site is... http://**********************/index.php?showtopic=1874

Im stumped for transfers and I have no idea why! I want to back-up my attack as i only have a few wingers and two quality strikers. I feel im in trouble but i've always been a fan of owen and im wondering if I should give him a chance. I cant wait for Obertan to be fit, and with Tosic i feel im ok but I want to get a couple of wingers in just in case! My centre backs are strong as ever, but Evans isnt filling in for Ferdinand/Vidic so a replacement is needed there. Two new RBs are needed, I face competition from City for Srna and im weighing up a bid for Azpilicueta. I feel with Ronaldo gone my youngsters are fine winger-wise so im also thinking Camoranesi.

Im just thinking out loud here...

*Sorry if i wasnt aloud to post a site on this, the stars make me think im not supposed too.

Downloaded yet Adiee?

Im not happy about this squad really but I have a feeling Berba is going to be amazing for me.

Yeah, only took 1 minute haha! Just starting new game - waiting for it to load!

I'm actually looking forward to this! A challenge and half haha!

Messi signed new contract but no £35.5m Buy-out clause. >_< Really upset. Offered them £100m and they said no. Offered £60m for Silva and got a no. All I need is a AML, so might go for Morrimoto (sp?)

Why?? Nani is damn good enough...Oh sorry i thought you were playing the weegie update

weegie.jpg

So this is pretty much how my transfer summer went...The frustrating part is I couldnt get Camacho, he doesn't want to leave...Sigh...And I gambled on my strikers by loaning out Berba and Owen...Hope my 2 recognised strikers Rooney and Aguero doesn't get injured for long! If that happens I might play ManCity's 9.03 formation of a lone strikers with 2 wingers..And my defense is quite weak too since i sold brown and oshea for sakho and zapata..Luckily Cathcart is available at the start of the game..Won all but 1 prematch game against villareal which i lost 4-3...Won the community shield by penalties 5-3 against chelsea, where Valencia scored in his 1st competitive debut and is the man of the match..And Rooney got injured, luckily just for 5 days...Now going into my 1st league match against west ham at upton park..Might play Aguero alone up front since Rooney is only 91% fit...Wish me luck!!! :D

Nice transfers, I like it. Not too sure about the loaning of Berba but otherwise good job imo.

You didnt see the need the strengthening your wings? Just wondering, why not?

How did you get Sakho so cheap? Im bidding around that and its being rejected

Nice transfers, I like it. Not too sure about the loaning of Berba but otherwise good job imo.

You didnt see the need the strengthening your wings? Just wondering, why not?

How did you get Sakho so cheap? Im bidding around that and its being rejected

It depends really, sometimes you can get him cheap sometimes not...Drawn my 1st league game 0-0..Sigh..Dominated but still couldnt find the midas touch..bad tactic leaving Aguero alone

Archived