FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adiee, that regen you posted the screenshot of is insanely good! I make it 26 of the 36 attributes are 16+, that's incredible.

Tell me about it! Got loads of world-class regens on that game!

I'm back on the recent save now. The one we've been posting on!

Well I'm in season three, but no sign of any world class regens just yet although my 17 year old LB regen who signed from MK Dons for peanuts just got MOM and a goal on his debut (League Cup mind). Flying start with 7 wins on the spin, and yes, Berbs has 5 in 5 in the Prem!

Hello CPS, JOSEPH!, zige, Adiee, and many more friends, how is it going? :)

I have played about 15-20 matches this season (PL, CL, Carling Cup) and so far im doing very good (I think). At the moment im at first place at PL. I have only lost one match, to Portsmouth in PL. I'm doing Ok in the carling cup (playing youngsters in Carling cup) and CL. Eto'o have been very good - 11 goals in 13 games. Scholes and Fletcher has been incredible! I love Fletcher! With him in the starting eleven I always win! Ireland does Ok, but I think he need time to adjust to my style of play. Owen and Giggs - Well they plat decent, but ALWAYS gets injured... And Rooney hasn't scored yet in the Premier League... He scores aginst average teams in the Carling Cup, but no goals in the PL. only 4 assist in 11 PL games........ No matter what I do I can't get him to score.. Any advice here? How can Rooney score more goals? So far, Rooney: 15 matches and 4 goals, 5 assist.

Anderson.... Well. He isn't that good for me.. He's noot bad. But I think I will sell him. Lyon has offers ~30m for him. And I have Fletcher, Scholes and Ireland who performes very good. Scholes: 3goals and 8 assists/14 games.... Anderson has not impresed me. :/ Should I send him on loan to a decent team for a season/6 months? I don't need him to be honest, at the moment. Scholes has been veeerry good and I tend to play him as often as possible, but he can't play 3 games in row so I have to play Motta every now and then and Motta does play good. 9 games and 3 assist with ~7.1 in average.

Another thing; My right back/fullback... Neville is good. But he gets injured EVERY game. Should I keep him? Im looking at Alves, Maicon or Richards. They play good and is not injured all the time. I do need another stiker as Owen and Rooney can't score. I'm lookin at Milito, Bojan, Ibrahimovic and Aguero at the moment. Cheaper optiones are: Saha, Nistelrooy, Henry, Briand, Inzaghi, Trezeguet and Iaquinta and Nuno Gomez? who would you choose? Any other?

Thank you very much for every reply... and let my apologize for my very poor English, I'm very tired, and I am working on my English, don't worry :)!

Hey Tom,

First of all - don't apologise for your "very poor English", as you say - it's better than most English people I know!!

Glad things are going well so far in your season. I'm quite surprised to hear Scholes and Fletcher have formed a good pairing. I wouldn't sell Anderson at all. Take into account that Scholes will not be improving due to age, and Anderson will only improve! I'm in my 3rd season and he's turned from a "wonderkid" to "tenacious midfielder" - he's now described as a "world-class midfielder". Give him time, and he will come good. Also, I recommend you re-train him in the CM role, it'll give him more versatility and give you better options when it comes to utilising him.

You definitely need a RB. That was one of the first things I sorted out when starting this game. I brought in Dani Alves from Barcelona but there are a few good RB's in the game. I think it's safe to say that Srna isn't available now, on your game? He normally gets snapped up at the beginning of the game. Rafinha, the Brazilian RB is a good option for you, and wouldn't really cost you a lot of money. I say look Cesar Azpilicueta, a brilliant young prospect, as well as Lorenzo De Silvestri.

For the ST's, I'd seriously consider Aguero or Benzema. Different type of players, but would both get you the goals - no-one else but 1 of these 2!!

With regards to Rooney, I found that out on my game, so I tried different tactics and fortunately, got it right on the spot! Here's a screenshot of my tactics for Rooney, he's my top scorer in the current season and bagged over 40 goals for me last season!

wu2tjo.jpg

Hope this helps you mate. Let us know how you get on!

Best o' luck!

Ok, I've just entered March 2011, and I'm now putting plans together for the summer. I have a major, major dilemma on my hands here. Now before I go on, I shall just apologise for the amount of screenshots I have posted in the post - I just need advice!

Players on my shortlist, attacking wise are:

2ufxet5.jpg

180qk0.jpg

352hmxy.jpg

311xvmo.jpg

Now, my current strikers are all extremely good. Rooney, Benzema and Rossi are all capable of scoring goals. Pogrebnyak has scored his fair share, but I am willing to let him go (as long as I get what I paid for him - £17m)

Of late, Arjen Robben has started to become more complacent during games and hasn't really been getting high ratings. With the likes of Inter, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea showing an interest, if I receive a bid that I deem acceptable, I shall accept. Rotating with him at the moment is Douglas Costa, and although he's improving, I would still require a top drawer player in the left-wing position. Messi's minimum fee release clause is currently £35m.

All the above players have been scouted since the beginning of the game, and have all turned out to be top class, and all are very interested in joining, well, according to my scout reports. I currently have around £157m to spend, and that'll be topped up with any sales that take place.

Personally, I would love them all!

Oh, and I'm currently in 2nd place, behind Man City by 9 points with 10 games to go. Although I have 2 games in hand.

Your views would be appreciated guys!

Adiee! How could you get over 40 goals from Rooney?! Thats crazy:D

But thank you for the Rooney screenshot! I will try those intstructions for a few games and see how he does!

Anderson has improved a little, hope he can keep it up.

And a RB, yes I need one. Srna is not available, City bought him. Azpilicueta looks very good. Think I'll go with him :)

And for the striker, you said Aguero or Benzema. How much did you pay for Aguero (if you have ever had him!) ? He might be to expensive.. But we will see :)

Adiee, personally I would go straight in for Messi. World-class, cannot match him.

As for your strikers... any of those players would be ideal, apart from the right footed and left footed only players. I see that as a big down fall sometimes when it comes to strikers. Bojan would be my first choice... if you can get him.

Tom

Sounds like Eto'o is becoming like a good buy, even for 40 Million or so. Well done. Just keep at it. The point of starting a new game with a team you've never played before is to experiment. Just a quick not one Braind. In 2008 he was one of those hidden gems, under-rated stats wise and would score you 25-40 goals a season without breaking a sweat! In 2009 he has lost his 'mojo' I guess and isnt up to the challenge. Personally, I'd keep Rooney. You will miss him when(if) you sell him but if you're set on selling him go for Aguero. He is absolute quality every time. Also, just seconding what Adiee said, your english is amazing considering it isnt your first language. Where do you come from? If its France, I could help :) But I doubt it!

Adiee

Im taking it money is no object here so in my view go for the big names with a proven-track record i.e. Aguero&Messi. The Argentine link is apparent when these two play and Messi does wonders on the right-wing for me, being more of a success in past saves for me than Ronaldo has been. Given your situation with ten points adrift of City you need the big names to shine, so Aguero&Messi seem to fit the bill perfectly.

I do need another stiker as Owen and Rooney can't score. I'm lookin at Milito, Bojan, Ibrahimovic and Aguero at the moment. Cheaper optiones are: Saha, Nistelrooy, Henry, Briand, Inzaghi, Trezeguet and Iaquinta and Nuno Gomez? who would you choose?

Tom, of those cheaper options you've listed Briand is probably the best as he's still young. The others are all past their peak and have no sell on value. Ismael Bangoura is doing very well at Hull (plus he can play MR + AMR) and Gaston Fernandez is similarly doing well at Bolton on my game so I'm sure they could do a job for you and they won't break the bank. Take a look at Keirrison also and Javier Saviola is another good, relatively cheap striker.

I agree with what Adiee said about Anderson, give him time and he''l be a top MC for you. I think the important thing with Anderson is to have him on long shots rarely and runs with ball often + a reasonably attacking mentality and plenty of creative freedom. Don't forget that Scholes only has 1-2 seasons left at the top level while Anderson has over a decade.

Tom, of those cheaper options you've listed Briand is probably the best as he's still young. The others are all past their peak and have no sell on value. Ismael Bangoura is doing very well at Hull (plus he can play MR + AMR) and Gaston Fernandez is similarly doing well at Bolton on my game so I'm sure they could do a job for you and they won't break the bank. Take a look at Keirrison also and Javier Saviola is another good, relatively cheap striker.

I agree with what Adiee said about Anderson, give him time and he''l be a top MC for you. I think the important thing with Anderson is to have him on long shots rarely and runs with ball often + a reasonably attacking mentality and plenty of creative freedom. Don't forget that Scholes only has 1-2 seasons left at the top level while Anderson has over a decade.

Cant say I agree. Briand wont make an impact in the Premiership especially for a team with Uniteds quality! If you bought him it'd be a waste of money. He struggles to make an impact in Ligue 1 with, on my game, 34 goals in ovver 150 appearances. 1 in every 5 is a below-par scoring rate in a below-par league. For a struggling team, i.e. hull he may be a decent signings but he wont start in Uniteds line up and, unfortunately, his sell on factor will be an issue because of this. His value will drop and his form will too.

newss.jpg

Right, just played Arsenal and a mixed bag of news in and around the game!

We've got a nice stadium expansion completed, an increase of 16,000 seats! Always appreciated. Torres is playing well at the moment which is a real blow for a title challenge as he can swing a game either way if he is on form. We beat Arsenal and VdSar got MoM in a game which only warranted two saves as only two shots were on target from Arsenal, oh and we dominated the game! Rossi got his first goal for the club which is nice! Vela is seeming like a better and better potential signing however Eduardo is an option too. Vidic was injured, luckily for five days! Rooney went crazy and got sent off against Arsenal just on the stroke of half time, he accpeted a two week wage fine. Luckily so did Lass Diarra for Arsenal oh and Adebayor got injured as well! Fabregas is looking more and more unsettled which is great news! Nice signings there too :)

Cant say I agree. Briand wont make an impact in the Premiership especially for a team with Uniteds quality! If you bought him it'd be a waste of money. He struggles to make an impact in Ligue 1 with, on my game, 34 goals in ovver 150 appearances. 1 in every 5 is a below-par scoring rate in a below-par league. For a struggling team, i.e. hull he may be a decent signings but he wont start in Uniteds line up and, unfortunately, his sell on factor will be an issue because of this. His value will drop and his form will too.

Yes you are probably right, personally I wouldn't buy him either but felt he was the best option of those listed by Tom as the others were all 30+.

Well done on the win over Arsenal btw, very rare to see Wenger criticise Fabregas in the press.

Archived