FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy Buy Buy!

Im getting to the stage where the re-gens are starting to come up :( I hate re-gens.

Dude, Messi's buy out clause is still 156 Million, Arsenal wont get out of bed for anyting less than 20 million for Vela on my game and they also rejected a 40 million bid for fabregas recently.

Tactics are, generally, a hit and miss thing. Luckily ive found tactics that work for the majority of teams so I use them. Its boring and im dying for a 4-5-1 to work for me but it never does. You'll strike lucky with another team and win everything at some point.

Hey JOSEPH what's up?

I'm from Sweden :)

I agree with about Briand. In FM08 he was amazing for my Tottenham. Scored 40-45 goals every season.. In FM09 he's not as good as he was in 08, but still decent. I've made an offer for him, 10m. I hope they accept it.

CPS, I'll try Anderson in a more offensive role... But I have to say his long shots/finishing = worst I have ever seen! He can't score, but he is young and can improve a little I hope... I do not know if Anderson fits into my style of play. I play 442 with offensive wingers and high pressure... Maybe I could try re-train him to a left winger?

Scholes is my playmaker. Like you said, he only has 1-2 seasons left, but so far he has been amazing. I have to mention Giggs also, 3 goals and 4 assist/9 matches in the PL.

Rooney finally scored a goal in PL! I'm using the instructions Adiee gave me, and Rooney has been better and but still he doesn't score as many goals as I wish.. I have also re-trained Rooney too a left winger so now I have more options and can play 433 when 442 isn't working that well!

rooneyp.jpg

I've made an offer for Briand, and if I get him I have 4 strikers... But I will sell Owen in the next transfer window, ha hasn't impressed me at all... And I took a look at Bangoura. He looks good. I'll make an offer for him when I have sold Owen (can't afford both Bangoura+Briand atm, plus I'm trying to buy Azpilicueta).

It's alot of fun playing with Man Utd. Mostly I play with small Swedish teams, so it's fun to play with a huge club :)

Some key matches this season are: 4-0 win against Liverpool, 4-0 against Arsenal and 1-0 against Man City :)

And for the striker, you said Aguero or Benzema. How much did you pay for Aguero (if you have ever had him!) ? He might be to expensive.. But we will see :)

Yeah definitely Aguero or Benzema. I have Benzema on my current game and he cost me £40m, but is worth it!

Adiee, personally I would go straight in for Messi. World-class, cannot match him.

As for your strikers... any of those players would be ideal, apart from the right footed and left footed only players. I see that as a big down fall sometimes when it comes to strikers. Bojan would be my first choice... if you can get him.

So you reckon Messi and Aguero? I do like the sound of that! But if you look at Guilherme's stats, and he's younger than Messi, woldn't that be a better option? ALthough he'd probably cost more than Messi!

Adiee

Im taking it money is no object here so in my view go for the big names with a proven-track record i.e. Aguero&Messi. The Argentine link is apparent when these two play and Messi does wonders on the right-wing for me, being more of a success in past saves for me than Ronaldo has been. Given your situation with ten points adrift of City you need the big names to shine, so Aguero&Messi seem to fit the bill perfectly.

Yep, money is no object on this one mate. I am in danger of losing my grip on the Premier League to City (God forbid!). Robben's been underperfoming, and Douglas Costa has been stepping in but I feel he needs more time before he becomes a First Team regular.

I hate my Man Utd save. Everyone got the opportunity to buy Messi for £35m, Vela, Fabregas and for some reason my tactics = always suck.

I have just made a bid for Vela (just to see what happens) - it got rejected but he's now unhappy with his manager for refusing it :p

Tom, another striking option for little money is Florent Sinama-Pongolle. Yes don't laugh, it is the same one who was something of a flop at Liverpool, but he has stats in the all right places for a decent striker. Everton signed him for £3.2m in the 2nd season on my game and he won Premier League signing of the season. Definitely better value than £10m for Jimmy Briand.

Cheers mate :)

ALso, I've just noticed that Guilherme has a release clause of...£16m!!!

So in theory, I could buy Messi for £35m, and Guilherme (who's rated as world-class too!) for £16m!!!

And Daniel Aquino's release clause is a paltry £5.75m!!

Update

I've offered contracts to: Messi, Aguero, Guilherme and Aquino!

I'm going to have to say goodbye to a few players though now.

I may even have to change the system I play to accommodate these players. 3-5-2 Attacking I'm thinking - may have to re-train Dani Alves and Fabian Monzon in the CB position!

Tom, another striking option for little money is Florent Sinama-Pongolle. Yes don't laugh, it is the same one who was something of a flop at Liverpool, but he has stats in the all right places for a decent striker. Everton signed him for £3.2m in the 2nd season on my game and he won Premier League signing of the season. Definitely better value than £10m for Jimmy Briand.

That's not a bad idea... But you are right, 10m for Briand is not a good deal. If I get Briand for 6-7m I will buy him, otherwise I'll go with Bangoura and/or Pongolle..

I have also made a deal with Federico Laurito, a 19 year old striker from Argentina. He will join me next season. (1,2m)

That's not a bad idea... But you are right, 10m for Briand is not a good deal. If I get Briand for 6-7m I will buy him, otherwise I'll go with Bangoura and/or Pongolle..

I have also made a deal with Federico Laurito, a 19 year old striker from Argentina. He will join me next season. (1,2m)

1.2 million? God he may be the signing of your FM career

Sounds good ! :)

(it's 1,2m Euro, I don't know how much that is in Brittish pound)

Oh, even better lol :D

Sad to see Rooney not playing so well for you. Rooney is topping my clubs goal scoring with a goal every 2 games. Just seems to be getting better each time he plays.

I did it. I couldn't be bothered haggling for years so Messi will be signing soon for...

£110m!

All because Saivet said no. >_< Oh well. He better as hell live up to the hype. Might try and go in for Vela too, then sell Keirrison.

Well its not my fault that I got the only game where he doesn't sign a contract with £35m release clause, which frankly I think is a rare thing.

This will make my game more realistic too, as Messi would cost at least £110m.

Quite true!

Messi: £35m

Aguero: £46m

Guilherme: £16m

Aquinto: £6m

Those are joining me when the window opens.

I only know for certain that Robben and Pogrebnyak are going to go. Not sure who else to sell!

2012. Sold Rafael to Madrid for £40m and £10m Buy-back. Brought back Anderson and Marquinhos - sell them both for £40m next season - £60m bonus, and then bring back Rafael and repeat with him. ^_^ Also brought in Morimoto from Inter. Good AML

If there's scope to do that, do so :)

Just been drawn against City in the Champs League Semi-Final. Just heading into the FA Cup Semi-Final against them, and am 4 points clear of them in the League with 5 games to go!!

Archived