FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Just agreed to sign Fazio for £55m. He will arrive on July 1st.

That means my players arriving in the summer are:

Axel Witsel - £20m

Marek Hamsik - £30

Federico Fazio - £55m

Oh yeah! Oh no!

Just signed Beckham on free transfer haha! Accepted a £41m from Villa for Jack Wilshere (including clauses)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aidiee: The skin is Turnstyle09,

unfortunately R.Madrid have 10 champions league titles, so i dont quite have that record yet, maybe this season though. Although my squad is now super thin, with only 3 wingers (four if antonio plays AMR)

I currently have 20 available players lol, this could be interesting with a heavy schedule coming up. Almost regret thinning my squad last summer/january. I broke my own rules of never selling in january, but i got a nice wee offer in for a regen.

Somebody please help. I really cant decide this.

I have 2 offers for Evra. He is 30 years old.

76m $ outright and 146m $ of which 35 m is outright and 111 m is over 24 months. The choice looks obvious but would in 2nd case the entire money be added to transfer budget? Which should I do?

take the 146 mill, you get your 35mill outright, some spending money, plus another 50mill now (effectively), and the other 50mill goes into ur account over the next twelve months, providing a secure financial situation as it should cover some of the debt

I bought Adriano on a free, sold him for £10m. Never played a game either xD

Gonna have to wait till summer to sell Rooney - only getting £20m offers. Gonna try to get £10m upfront, £40m after 1 league game and maybe £20m over 12 months.

Not bothered really. Still undefeated in the league after 20 games - including thrashing Man City 6-0 at home, and Everton 7-0 at home - so far so good. Hopefully tie up the title early, play my youngsters for the rest of the season to allow my regulars to focus on FA Cup and Champions League.

I got taken over by a Thai business tycoon at the end of my second season. He gave me £150m to win the league, and whatever I raised from sales. Had somewhat of a clearout, and all in all spent £270m. This is my squad.

ManUtdSide-1.png

As you may have guessed, I'm doing really well this season! Just at the end of November, and I'm still in the League Cup, qualified from my tough Champions League group with Leverkusen, Napoli and Spartak, and I'm top of the league by two points. Only dropped two points all season, which were away at Liverpool.

Also got Moussa Sissoko, Carlos Vela and Daniel Aquino out on loan, getting first team football.

I bought Adriano on a free, sold him for £10m. Never played a game either xD

Gonna have to wait till summer to sell Rooney - only getting £20m offers. Gonna try to get £10m upfront, £40m after 1 league game and maybe £20m over 12 months.

Not bothered really. Still undefeated in the league after 20 games - including thrashing Man City 6-0 at home, and Everton 7-0 at home - so far so good. Hopefully tie up the title early, play my youngsters for the rest of the season to allow my regulars to focus on FA Cup and Champions League.

Your selling rooney??!!!!

Im in 2020 and hes still amazing, him and torres are the two i go to when i absolutely must score.

Your selling rooney??!!!!

Im in 2020 and hes still amazing, him and torres are the two i go to when i absolutely must score.

He's awful. Probably just me playing him wrong, but I don't want him.

Got Rossi, Balotelli, Benzema, Aguero, Paloschi, Aquino, Marquinhos and three v.good regen strikers - he's not needed.

Might try to sell him and buy Torres or Villa - see how they do. Definately bringing in Silva when I get money.

So I'm guessing no debt?

Never been taken over at Man Utd. Wish I had. >_<

The debt has been reduced to £75m. My balance is currently around the £230m mark.

My 92000 seater stadium ensures that I make a profit each month though.

Fallen two second, two points behind City! They're getting stupid results, and it's irritating me somewhat. Though having nearly all of your key players being out for more than 3 weeks so far this season doesn't help.

The debt has been reduced to £75m. My balance is currently around the £230m mark.

My 92000 seater stadium ensures that I make a profit each month though.

Fallen two second, two points behind City! They're getting stupid results, and it's irritating me somewhat. Though having nearly all of your key players being out for more than 3 weeks so far this season doesn't help.

Whats your wages like? Because I have a 100,000 seater stadium, and I make a £5-8m loss each month.

Wish I had hardly any debt. Hate it with a passion.

I have no idea! I was just browsing my finances and to my horror, I see my balance like that! I'm in February (1st leg of 2nd Rnd, Champs League) and waiting for bankruptcy! Not good at all!

How on earth am I supposed to get money back from here? I've got nearly £100m going in on players this summer!

Well from what ive seen people on FM do buy players constantly and don't stick to their original players.

How much in total have you spend on all your seasons? Have a look and post them here. I think that's what people main down fall is.

I don't think you'll go bankrupt like Southampton. Just debt for a few months. I've been in debt to £8m with a League 2 club and nothing happened. Man Utd should be able to go to about £30m debt before theres a transfer embargo ect.

Well from what ive seen people on FM do buy players constantly and don't stick to their original players.

How much in total have you spend on all your seasons? Have a look and post them here. I think that's what people main down fall is.

2008/2009: £76m spent. £25.5m made.

2009/2010: £122m spent. £34m made

2010/2011: £66m spent. £63m made.

2011/2012: £117m spent. £184m made.

2012/2013 Transfers already agreed:

Axel Witsel - £20m

Marek Hamsik - £30m

Federico Fazio - £55m

I have started a season on the weegie with United, I created my own tactic to keep it realistic and also made transfers that I hoped would be reflective of real life. It's only early on in the game so can't really evaluate it, however, my tactic mean that Rooney is quite quiet in games, he rarely pass the ball, yet still manages to put in good performances. I find it very odd. Berba on the other hand is looking very good. Anyone recommend anything for Rooney?

Screenshots to follow.

On the finances front, dont worry, i have been well into the red in my save game, all i got was a backhander from the board and told not to do it again... Seriously though, your prize money at the end of the season should cover you, if not you may have to sell, i still lose money every month, somewhere between 5-10 million depending on amount of home games. But have nothing to fear as the team put in the shift :p

I'm delighted. My regen Sven Tan (see post 5628 (this page)), has become a wonderkid, and just scored in a 6-1 thrashing of AC Milan at the San Siro :D Scored none in first four games, then 3 in 3. :D I love this guy. He can replace Rooney easily.

My half season review: Season 1

I started the season on the worst possible foot, losing to Pompey on penalties in the community shield.

I then proceeded to hammering Zenit 4 - 0 in the Euro Super Cup.

In the Champions Cup I finished a disappointing 3rd on GD to PSV and 1 point from Olympique Lyonnais.

1-2 and 1-1 come from behind results against PSV were the killers for us, squandering several opportunities in both games.

Onto the league cup and i was annoyingly pitted against Arsenal first game, of which i was beaten on penalties.

The Club World Cup went accordingly, winning 2-0 and 7-0 in the semi final and final respectively.

The Premier Division started brightly, winning the first 5 games, including a 2-1 victory over Liverpool. My first loss game against a flukey Fulham side 1-0, going down to an absolute beast from Andranik.

Following the loss I dropped to third place, behind Chelsea and Arsenal. For the next 10 or so rounds I remained 3rd, with great victories such as the 2-0 win against Chelsea. Ironically, just as I had hammered LDU de Quito 7-0 in the Club World Cup, Arsenal hammered me 4-0, with 3 goals in the last 2 minutes. The following week I was beaten comprehensively by a plucky Portsmouth side 3-1. Coming into the game against Arsenal, I had only conceeded 3 goals :|

Currently I am sitting 6th in the table with a game in hand.

The top 6 are as follows:

1. Arsenal P:19 W:12 D:6 L:1 Points:42

2. Chelsea P:18 W:12 D:3 L:3 Points:38

3. Blackburn P:19 W:11 D:5 L:3 Points:38

4. Newcastle P:19 W:12 D:2 L:5 Points:38

5. Everton P:19 W:10 D:6 L: 3 Points:36

6. Manchester United P:18 W:10 D:5 :3 Points: 35

The stand out so far has been Cristiano Ronaldo, bagging 5 goals, 10 assists and 5 MOM's.

Of all of the signings I have made, there have been no stand outs, with the best being Jeremy Toulalan for 15.5 mil and Angelo Palombo for 15 mil. Both have put in some good performances, but unfortunately both have been injured for a substantial part of the season and lack consistency. Rooney was absolutely horrible for most of the season, scoring 1 goal in 20 appearances before finally scoring 6 in 2. Then he gets injured for 3 months. Go figure.

On the upside, I have a good draw in the Euro Cup and hopefully I'll be able to pick up some more silverware with my team playing against Dortmund in the 1st Knockout Round and then the winner of CSKA Moscow and Celtic in the 2nd.

starting my 3rd season with united on a new save now

pretty happy with signings and i bought messi for the first time on 09 so im looking forward to managing him

could do with an extra striker and im trying to unsettle torres but its a massive long shot

i have rooney berbatov keirrison and robinho but i want some further cover as i usually play robinho on the wing

i have a very promising regen but hes only just turned 16 so he isnt ready for first team football yet

can anyone recommend another back up triker, i dont really want to shell out loads for someone like benzema as berbatov and rooney are playing brilliantly together for me and i want to prolong that for another season or 2

but i feel im a bit light up top

also im getting annoyed with mike phelan as an assistant he only rates messi as 4 star player whcih is abit annoying

has anyone got rid of him and has been impressed by another assistant manager

In desperate need of some advice on good central midfielders. Currently have Anderson (World Class Midfielder), Carrick, Hargreaves, Camacho (Wonderkid), Toulalan (World Class Midfielder).

Carrick & Hargreaves just dont perform. Currently i'm playing Camacho and either Anderson or Toulalan in the centre of midfield but with both of them injured (Anderson out with torn knee ligaments) its just not working. Was looking at Iniesta but its unlikely that i'll get him and if I do i'll be paying huge amounts for him.

Anyone suggest a creative midfield maestro that I can sign for less that £30m?

Also any opinions on the Akinfeev or Mandanda question? I'm going to have to sign one of them cos Ben Foster (2nd season in game atm) is too much of a liability.

Archived