FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal have slipped up in my game. 2 games ago I had to play Arsenal in the league with them only 4 points away from me. it was 1-0 to Utd until the 89th min when Adebayor scored a wonder goal. I then thought this is going to be one close end to the season! But 2 games on ive recorded back to back wins and Arsenal have recorded back to back loses with some very poor performances. The titles is surely mine now :)

Yeh xD They built a whole new stadium I think - now 56,000 - and named it after the Legend Zola.

In other news, I got a bid from Bayern Munich for Keirrison - £20m over 24 months and £40m after 1 International Appearance.

So when Rafael plays one league game, and Keirrison one internation game, I make £70m :D

A successful first season :) Won the premier league and the champions league :)

Ronaldo won English player of the year

Nani won English players' player of the year which I was very happy about :)

and Anderson came 2nd in English young player of the year just behind Hamsik.

As the summer draws to a close here are my new transfers (Ins and Outs)

INS:

Akinfeev - 21.5M

Vela - 26M

Diarra - 25M

OUTS:

Kuszczak - 3.6M Sevilla

Berbatov - 35M Arsenal

Carrick - 17M Chelsea

Was hopeing for more for Carrick but couldn't get it :(

I've gone down a bad road. I've just bought Balotelli and Rossi. >_< Now I have Ronaldo, Rooney, Benzema, Aguero, Messi, Balotelli, Rossi, Douglas Costa, Forestieri, Alexis Sanchez and Saivet to fill five spots. X_X

I shouldn't be allowed near money.

manutdteam.png

No idea where to improve for like four seasons now. xD

manchesterunitedp.jpg[/url

Mooono, this happened to me as well :p

Now I felt that the amount of transfer budget is "a bit too much" for me lol.

By the way, from the players from different countries, do you face any problem of choosing home-grown players for Champions League?

10waynerooney.jpg

10waynerooney2.jpg

After getting the best goal tally ever from Rooney, I am looking forward to seeing him to score more goals in the new season. He does but the international matches ruined him! He played so much in the first screenshot with injury-free and now he already got to sideline for a month after just playing 4 matches for me! Luckily it is just a month and he has now recovered. Anyone faced this before?

I set 40 goals for him this season. Gonna challenge Adiee lol.

squadb.jpg

This is my squad, taken from a few games into the 2nd season. Not as many changes to the original squad from what you guys have shown us. I have had trouble on past saves where I find it hard to get enough home grown players into the team. So this time I am making sure I only make transfers that are essential. Also, I make sure that I look in England first for any replacements or up and coming new players before searching over seas. That's why Diarra has come in for Gary Neville and doing very well so far, and Vela has come in for Berbatov, but is 3rd striker at the moment. But he is getting games in because he is covering for Nani on the left wing due to his injury.

I have always had the mentality that you always need a world class goal keeper, so I went over seas to get the signature of Akinfeev. Top goal keeper :) He just got man of the match in a game which I won 5-0. :)

9 games into the 2nd season. Won 7 and drawn 2 which were both 0-0. Surprising since my team have been in blistering goal scoring form. The first season I didnt see one hat-trick but this season ive had a Hat-trick from Vidic of all people in a 3-0 over Arsenal in the Community Shield. Ronney and Ronaldo have both grabbed one too.

Ronaldo is in amazing form. 8 goals in his last 5 games! With an average rating of 8.12 in those last 5.

ronaldoform.jpg

ronaldostats.jpg

ronaldostats2.jpg

They have come against some good teams as well, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea :)

10waynerooney.jpg

10waynerooney2.jpg

After getting the best goal tally ever from Rooney, I am looking forward to seeing him to score more goals in the new season. He does but the international matches ruined him! He played so much in the first screenshot with injury-free and now he already got to sideline for a month after just playing 4 matches for me! Luckily it is just a month and he has now recovered. Anyone faced this before?

Nice to see the the future generation give Celtic a good duffing at Parkhead in the CL. They had to win to qualify too. Welbeck now a wonderkid, woohoo!

cl.jpg

if you dont mind can u post your tactics?

Ok, having made 4 world-class summer signings in Messi, Guilherme, Aquinto and Aguero - I need to balance the books.

Evra has been sold to Bayern for £16.25m and Robben has gone to Arsenal for £40m.

I have young players in Camacho, Rodney Sneijder, Ljajic, Fleck, but they will probably find games hard to come by due to the talent before them.

2q1w9lk.jpg

Any tips guys?

Ok, having made 4 world-class summer signings in Messi, Guilherme, Aquinto and Aguero - I need to balance the books.

Evra has been sold to Bayern for £16.25m and Robben has gone to Arsenal for £40m.

I have young players in Camacho, Rodney Sneijder, Ljajic, Fleck, but they will probably find games hard to come by due to the talent before them.

2q1w9lk.jpg

Any tips guys?

Not much you can improve on there. Just might be hard to keep all your players happy. All you need to do now is replace anyone that isn't performing and look for very young talent, around the ages of 16 and 17 to then replace your players once they become older.

Apart from the selection headaches week in week out!!

:D

I have to use De Laet and Welbeck as backups when I have this many injured/suspended player! (plus Owen, Fleck, Sakho and Motta long time injured in reserve team) You have like 4-5 players for each position !:D

manutdx.jpg

edit: I have signed 3 new players in the januari transfer window. Duoglas Costa, Ismael Bangoura and a young french left back. I have also sold some youth players... I would like to buy one more striker (Owen will be sold very soon) and one RB, but I'll have to wait till the season is over. Aguero is my first choice for the striker position, and Alves or Azpilicueta for RB :)

I wish you nothing but luck my friend! Let us know how you get on!

No offence Adiee but you could've got alot more for Rafael, Camacho and Fabregas. I got £40m off R.Madrid and bids of £50m for Camacho. Then again, not like you need the money with that team xD

My team on the other hand - very attack minded xD. Like 11 of the first team of 20 are wingers, attackin mids or striker.

Frankly, they're all brilliant. Just thrashed Everton 7-0, with Benzema and Rossi bagging two each, Messi getting one and even Camacho and Srna scoring, so goals allround. It's amazing that its good enough to have Rooney, Ronaldo, Vidic, Azpilicuenta, Hamsik, Balotelli and Alexis Sanchez on the bench xD

Archived